mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#tomatoesforCyraxus
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Tau Codex:
Epub
mega.nz/#!M8Fi0CaI!sk5MB-ZX9GAO8iNACYAue2MF4OmTi3xT_Q4zLXGVQvA
PDF
mega.nz/#!AbQG0CbA!RhIyj5eq1SUXx7m0oaDKVPhTfw5h6ibYQ0mSZRCGPTA

>Previous Thread:

Attached: photo1.png (1018x651, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/429128.page
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for bandwagons.

Attached: 6832047239_cb41aa9964.jpg (437x484, 53K)

Will I be gimping myself if I don't run Oblits in a mostly shooting CSM army?

is he dabbing

Im early better make a joke

Fourth for Codex Fire Warriors
Prepare to get hurt by horde tau

Finally, an equal.

Attached: BOY HE DIDNT.png (620x726, 418K)

>metla weapon is assault so you don't lose accuracy
>the stubber isn't because fuck you

Attached: 40kForgebaneFocus-Mar12-Image8v.jpg (1000x682, 120K)

>Picked up tau because I wanted to build an elite army
>tau is now a horde army
At least my vehicle list is mostly unchanged.

Fifth for good ork codex fucking when

Attached: F4F1F8E5-497E-4F89-8F6F-566D56480DC8.jpg (704x519, 56K)

I'm brand new to 40k and have no idea how to build an army. I've got the Tau Codex but it doesn't make much sense to me, and I've got the Start Collecting box for them.

How should I build my Crisis suits? Twin fusion blasters? Missile pods? Burst cannons? What exactly are they best used as (anti-infantry, tank hunters, etc.), and what is the best way to equip them for that role? I'm particularly at a loss when it comes to what non-weapon wargear to give them (sensors and all that shit)

Attached: 1521058317839.jpg (1200x849, 258K)

Any ideas for making non-shit obliterators?

he's got a big nose.

twin fusion, tank hunting.

Magnetize if wizzy wig (what you see is what you get)
Whatever you want if nocare

>Picked up tau because I wanted to be a gundam-spamming faggot
>tau is now represented on the tabletop like they are in the fluff
Gas yourself, cancerous weeb

Crisis spam isn’t any worse than termi spam. Elite lists just suck this edition

Google how to magnetize crisis warriors. Buy a pin vise and the right size magnets for the job.

It takes longer but it's worth it in the end.

I know Tau aren't too popular (mostly due to the fucking players, just like everything else), but I seek some advice.

Since Tau first popped onto the stage, I've been on and off trying to start a Tau army. Over the years, I've acumulated some miniatures, and I'm wondering if Veeky Forums could help me plan out what to do and what to add?

I have the following:
1 XV8 Commander (hardpoints swappable)
3 Crisis Suits (hardpoints swappable)
1 Ethereal with honour blade
15 Fire Warriors with pulse rifles
10 Pathfinders, all carbine/ML
2 Broadsides (HYMP and plasma)
2 Devilfish with SMS
The usual assortment of drones that come along, mostly built as gun drones (some unassembled)

I also have some kroot somewhere, but I'm not sure how many, and I don't really care for them anyway.

What could I do with that, and what should I add, if anything?

...You'd even consider not taking a Melta on the top mount?

Imagine being this mad because someone plays plastic soldier men differently then you.

Am I the only one that think tomb blades look a little wank? Any cool conversions for them? The vehicles themselves look cool, just the necrons inside look a little... off

get better taste faglord

>all these people reeeing because tau got a new codex
>Meanwhile the ad mech just power creeped up in the world with mini knights
...........makes..........you............think

I think we've already decided that the armigers are meh overall.

it's a 240 point contemptor dreadnought

Attached: doubt.jpg (601x911, 198K)

Imagine being such a cunt that you get butthurt when a Codex takes away your battlesuit cheese

Attached: 1433144473490.jpg (446x361, 48K)

I meant the lore impact of ad mech managing to actually create something for once rather then the table top effectiveness.

Imagine listening to Tau players bitch their suits aren't good in a meta that doesn't favor elite units or low model count.

Attached: AvplLjK.jpg (300x170, 10K)

Coldstar commander
Fireblade
More firewarriors

2 start collecting boxes of tau, get a commander, and from their either go ghostkeels, hammerheads or broadsides depending on what you are looking for. If you arent going for a commander and want more infantry get a cadre fireblade and more fire warriors or breachers.

its also worth getting some pathfinders. it really depends on what you want to go. I personally am running FSE, but I am not going full battlesuits. I have 2 full squads of fire warriors, 1 squad of pathfinders, 1 coldstar commander, 1 Farsight, 1 fireblade, 3 crisis suits, 2 ghostkeels, 2 riptides, 1 devilfish.

That doesn't come with a HQ tax and can fill a LoW detatchment.

They aren't new in fluff, just new models.

>army and faction is built around a specific play style for many years
>suddenly its play style is completely different
>WHY ARE YOU TAU FAGS SO ENTITLED
I'd love to see what would happen if like Iron Warriors became a melee focused army.

ur right dudebro people only take those units because they want to cheese!!!!!111 u've cracked the case!!!

This. I've got 12 magnetized suits. Fucking baller

Pretty sure the fluff isn't that they're new creations.

True Kin codex after Necrons. April will be here soon.

Attached: 1k7gybtqahi01.png (400x314, 244K)

oh no

No, they also take them because they're fucking weebs and they think they're playing a Gundams board game

Who’s ready for a fun and drama-free Adepticon??

Attached: FAB49568-0DBB-4FE7-BBA0-26D0D298531D.png (1242x2208, 3.83M)

Hype. Hope it's a good. Super looking forward to collecting them as a first army. Even if it's want still gonna collect them since I just like the look of them, but still. Power is nice too.

You mean like the constant Grey Knights whining?

Oblits are fucking great, but you can make armies without them work.

You are probably some casual faggot that only plays with friends too so just use other units like havocs and vehicles.

So what will GW unveil at Adepticon? New DE? Underwater elves? More Primaris? Titanicus?.

I'll still laugh to myself everytime riptides take mortal wounds overcharging

More scenery

Is the only mecha series you fags know Gundam? Tau is much closer to like Patalabor in mech effectiveness.

You're a regular fuckin Sherlock Holmes aren't you? Is that why you collect orkz because you want one thing in your life to be more autistic than you?

this.

Magnetize your fire warriors so they can also be breachers too. cause fuck it, breachers are good.

we're less than 100 posts guys, hold on to the shitposting a bit longer.

Attached: 1517926621602.jpg (112x125, 4K)

Are there any novels about pic related?

Attached: Living-Saint-Adepta-Sororitas-Ecclesiarchy-Imperium-4367668.jpg (1656x1133, 285K)

How dumb do you have to be to not understand why Tau fit into the 40k universe after this exact conversation has been held several times every day for the past 2-3 weeks.

People still play grey knights? No that really does suck. Their codex was a rush job. They should have at least gotten access to space marine psychic powers too.

On the plus, they can ally with IG for chaff and more command points.

this is a fantastic edition to be an ork player.

Knowing them, it'll be "Hey, so we had a big survey and everybody was calling for this" *hype intensifies* "And so because we care about you" *Crowd going crazy* "We made melee Primaris Marines." *Hype stops* "Oh and they suck in melee. Have fun"

Bad art? yeah a lot of the newer stuff.

I know people keep saying to magnetize, but honestly I want my models to look nice, and every example I've seen of a magnetized Crisis suit looked like complete shit, to the point that the magnets were visible. I'm not trying to win any tournaments or anything, which is why I want to know if there's a setup that will work decently for just about any game

Attached: 1521425704854.jpg (736x533, 84K)

>disgusted by Tau posters
>disgusted by whiny Tau players on other forums
>like Farsight and Farsight Enclaves
>looking at Tau models and codex now
Is it possible to enjoy a faction and simultaneously hate the other people that play it?

Attached: 07a46acb-a086-40b2-b11e-adc1c1a2c0ef.gif (480x270, 4.87M)

If it's even high middle tier I'll be stoked. It was my first army and I'll always play them.

Russ, SoB codex, and kroot codex lol

See I agree, GKs are a meme army on their own, but ive seen people whining about pure GK in /40kg/ for months without the vitriol Tau players get.

Adeptus Titanicus I fucking hope.

Also Titanicus audiobook when? I want to hear 'Engine Kill' spoken in the silky tones of Jonathan Keeble.

Attached: 1463538566073.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

>the lore impact of ad mech managing to actually create something for once
oh, I thought you were talking about armigers rather than roboute guilliman's life support suit and the primaris marines

They're going to show pics of
Underwater elves
Some Necromunda shit nobody cares about because it isn't house cawdor
Codex space wolves with an intercessor sergeant model with a wolf totem
Forge world will keep talking about FoC without announcing a release date
And maybe they'll tease a deldar codex change, like how they're doing chapter tactics or something.
And that'll be all.

dark imperium books, otherwise you will have to dig into old sororitas books. At least they kept celestines repentia backstory as canon.

>aren't too popular
They're literally one of the most popular armies in 40k, tied for 2nd or 3rd place depending on where you live. Don't believe the retarded memes on Veeky Forums.

Could be when they get a codex and maybe some new minis

Or just a new Ghaz and a codex that keeps up with current ones. Stratagems are just to good.

Reminder its only whining when its not your faction.

yeah

Praetorians or Lychguards? I'm getting the Forgebane box and can't be arsed to magnetize them.

Thank you

We don't know what their lore is yet although granted I'm hoping they're a relatively new thing

>Humans struggle to fight the Hrud because their time warping damages and degrades all of the technology on the planet.
>Tau magically ignore this and win.

Attached: 1509644848504.jpg (258x389, 24K)

its a little early to tell. supposedly 2-3weeks after the codex drops there will be a faq/errata. That's going to be the final verdict on balance and there just might be some sudden changes. (probably not). You may want to hold off until then.

I don't like Primaris Marines either.

Anyone got a good 2k blood angels list to share?

++ Battalion Detachment ++

T'au Empire Sept Choice: Vior'la Sept

Cadre Fireblade [42pts]: 2. Through Unity, Devastation, Markerlight, Puretide engram neurochip, Warlord

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [174pts]: 4x Fusion blaster

Pathfinder Team [100pts]: MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight
. 2x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 2x Rail rifle

Pathfinder Team [108pts]: MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
. 6x Pathfinder: 6x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight
. 2x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 2x Rail rifle

Strike Team [59pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
. 7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [59pts]
. 7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [66pts]
. 8x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

++ Spearhead Detachment ++

AX39 Sun Shark Bomber [157pts]: Markerlight, Missile pod, 2x MV17 Interceptor Drone, 2x Seeker missile

MV71 Sniper Drones [54pts]: 3x MV71 Sniper Drone

MV71 Sniper Drones [54pts]: 3x MV71 Sniper Drone

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [471pts]
. Broadside Shas'ui: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system, Seeker missile
. Broadside Shas'ui: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system, Seeker missile
. Broadside Shas'vre: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system, Seeker missile

Commander in XV85 Enforcer battlesuit [148pts]: 4x Cyclic ion blaster

Tactical Drones [96pts]: 8x MV1 Gun Drone

++ Vanguard Detachment ++

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [174pts]: 4x Fusion blaster

Firesight Marksman [25pts]: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

Firesight Marksman [25pts]: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [187pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cyclic ion raker, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Target lock

rate my list

Yes. Imagine being a space marine player, and you play against the living epitome of a minotaurs player.

It wasn't log ago custards dropped and Grey knights cried.

I want a Torchstar miniature right now, GW

Attached: naughty torchstar.png (822x918, 849K)

I hate most 40k players, not just the ones that happen to share my faction.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Whose got the best Sept Traits lads? I think Vior'la might take the cake, but T'au seems like its got some nasty combos too and everything looks like its capable of dipping into a little bit of everyone else's sept trait via relics or stratagems.

Attached: 1505638886843.jpg (480x375, 38K)

90% of them are just regular dudes. Autistic people are just really loud.

I'm with you duder. Here's hoping. With luck we might get some leaks

Negative. BEHOLD!

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/429128.page

Attached: 327723_md-.jpg (437x484, 26K)

Farsight enclaves can be fluffed very reasonably and get around a ton of the Mary Sue complaints about Tau by being slightly above civilized space pirates.

They got shit on before because people used their fluff as justification for spamming riptides. Clearly not an issue now

>new ghaz

I'd love to see it. It's sad that the best looking warbosses are AoS kitbashes.

Orks will get some great stratagems im sure, how else will GW sell datacards?

>custards dropped and Grey knights cried

Attached: 1517670024800.jpg (775x775, 91K)

The problem is that it changes every edition.
3 flamers can't go wrong, I can't see them lowering our shots per model this edition, it'll be at least 9th/8.5ed until a new codex/rule change. 3 CIB is currently the power strat, but plasma rifles have always been their bread-and-butter, CIBs are new to crisis suits, and they don't come in any of the kits but the commander, so good luck modelling them.
Burst cannons will always be an okay option, pretty generalist, never *that* efficient, but never abysmal either. Fusion blasters are better put on commanders, but they might be good on suits. Missile pods are a waste unless they're backline bodyguards for an ethereal or longstrike.

Yes there are actual differences in the models.
So it is in fact it's own thing and not a contemptor.
Compared to the contemptor, the Armnigger isn't neccesarily good, but it is for all purposes and intents not a god damn Contemptor.

they just mobbed them with killer roombas that don't decay as fast as biologicals and in big numbers

Right? Gundams were fuck huge.

I think armored trooper votoms are closer in style

Attached: actic-gear-armored-trooper-votoms-ag-v20-at-chroniclesiii-kouya-no-kessen-takara-tomy.jpg (320x320, 24K)

What metal models does GW still sell that aren't Sisters?

What GW did to Tau disgusts me. I've bought every Tau kit dozens of times, there's probably no one else out there who loves this faction more than I. I've been waiting for this codex for what feels like a lifetime, and they fuck me over like this?

Fuck you games workshop. They should have made tau a better faction. Guarantee every tourney win went to fat ass slobs who play eldar like the WAACfags they are.

Fuck this. I was up last night all night, couldn't sleep, I haven't ate in 24 hours. I don't even feel like eating again DESU, the shock of it all is just too much. I really hope someone starts a class action over this bullshit, I've never experienced PTSD like this in my life and I served 2 tours in Iraq.
Fuck this and fuck Games Workshop

Attached: 1521475867303.jpg (564x445, 41K)

>giving your broadsides missile pods instead of railguns
0/10 just for your shit taste in aesthetics

Me too.

Attached: Torchstar991.jpg (737x1000, 386K)

Bor'kan
T'au
Sa'cea
Vior'la
Farsight
Dal'yth
In that order

Wasted potential

meant for
To answer , I've been playing FE since 5ed, yes, yes you can hate most tau players. Most 40K players are autists anyway, so just accept that your fanbase is particularly spergy and then have fun with hotblooded anime protagonists; the faction.

This is really poor bait. Take it back to Microsoft Word and work on it some more. Try be less obvious. Good for a first try but definitely not top 10.