Companies who suck

What companies do you not support anymore and why?

For me it's Studio2, Hero Games, and Chaosium. Every single one of these suck monkeys "upgraded" their systems and I lost shit tons of pdfs. Oh and of course Palladium for the Robotech Kickscammer. I won't personally send another cent to any of them.

Attached: nerd-rage.jpg (1000x689, 224K)

Games Workshop, at least until they give me plastic Sisters and a new Codex.

Attached: 99110108104_SistersofBattleSquad01.jpg (920x950, 169K)

>CMoN (virtually anything they "collaborated" at)
>Soda Pop / Ninja Division (Ninja Division)
>Privateer Press (3rd edition)
>White Wolf (assorted "progressive" agenda)

GW, FFG and WotC are proceed-with-caution in my book

Imagine if Veeky Forums ever degraded so much that it turned into /v/ with wojaks company wars.

but I hate WOtC

Paizo. They couldn't design their way out of a paper bag, and the fact that they have pic related right there in their FAQ for the Pathfinder 2e playtest is fucking hilarious to me. It's like they've got some kind of company-wide policy that nobody working for them is ever allowed to admit that they've ever made any mistakes, in any context, under any circumstances. When criticism is leveled at them or their works, no matter how legitimate and constructive it is, their response is to ban the user from their forums, block them on social media, and plug their ears and yell until it goes away.

Attached: banned for mod sass.png (990x174, 20K)

I'm confused. What do you mean by upgraded? Released a new edition? And how did you lose pdfs? Did they mysteriously vanish from your hardrive in response to new versions of a game you like being created? That sounds utterly bizarre.

WotC is just about there for me; they're bringing politics more and more into their company. I don't care what side of the SJW-/pol/ fight they side with, I play tabletop as an escape from real world shit. If I wanted to have a political discussion every time I wanted to talk about my hobby, MY HOBBY WOULD BE POLITICS. It's just like when GG happened, I couldn't care less about people and their stupid up-their-own-ass opinions whether I agree with them or not, I just want to play games.

I get around this problem by just not paying attention to any social media relating to WOTC, because that's generally where the virtue signalling and sissy slapfights happen. The only thing even close to politics I've seen in any actual 5e books is the line in the PHB about Corellon Larethian, and that's been in since at least 2e, if I'm remembering right.

That being said, the elf gender thing in the next book sounds silly as shit.

Paizo also raised 1 million dollars to kickscam a Pathfinder MMO that was the source of endless superiority complexes by paizodrones and is never gonna see the light of day. I don't why nobody talks about it anymore, it's got to be one of the most successful swindles in the industry.

My guess is he means that when they updated their store, it didn't save what he'd already purchased.
So he can't redownload them from there.

I imagine some stores, if you show what your previous account was, could probably set up to restore them to your account.

That sounds straight up illegal in most jurisdictions.

That's a testament to how thoroughly they swindled everyone: Even Paizo's most ardent haters (like me) forgot about it.

This exactly, only I’ve attempted with at least two of the companies to try and get access to my purchases by emailing receipts. Nothing. Not a big deal in the end as I obtained access to what I bought by “other means” but some of this happened before I discovered Da Archive.

I still find that more funny than annoying, but that's because I have nothing but disdain for the people who actually backed it. Not just because they're the worst sort of Paizofags.

I actually quite like Kickstarter, but when using the site you really, really have to pay attention and look deeper when you're thinking about backing a project. Looking at similar projects to compare the reward tiers, are the goals reasonable for the budget, do they have any other funding secured etc etc. Anyone who did even the slightest bit of research or used a tiny fraction of critical thinking should have bailed from that in an instant, and I cannot find it in my heart to feel sorry for the poor fucks who got scammed.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal under digital goods laws.

Wish I’d known that when they did it. It has been some time since this happened. I wonder if there’s a statute of limitations.

Mighty No. 9 taught us some hard lessons.

If you still have receipts and account details, contacting customer service is probably still worth a try.

If they still don't then fuck it, pirate the shit out of their products.

Oh don't get me wrong, I backed at least 10 RPGs on KS and they always delivered, but the Paizo MMO thing was shady from day 1 (Dancey at the helm of a subsidiary?) AND it still managed to get to 1mln $ just on sheer brand loyalty AND nobody talks about the fact that it doesn't exist. If any other company did something like that they would be forever derided.

I'd love to just ignore it, the problem is that tabletop games inherently require you to interact with the community. When the developers make the game into a political statement, it encourages every retard with an opinion in the community to follow suit and bring politics to the game table. Making the game into a political statement trasforms the game itself into politics. The only way for me to ignore politics when the game itself is a political statement is to stop playing the game altogether. I would rather not do that, but everyone has their tipping point and mine is drawing ever closer.

With Chaosium, I've gotta ask... when was this? Because the company did come under new management a few years back (well... old management technically.)

The first kickstarter I backed as also my last (the Infinity RPG). Took far longer than any of their projections and pretty much as soon as they finished getting money for it they opened up RPGs for other more known IPs and updates came to a crawl. Not only that but my email is spammed by their other games when I'm still waiting for the Infinity RPG to even be finalized. So fuck Modephius or whatever their name is.

>the problem is that tabletop games inherently require you to interact with the community

...Why? I mean, for something like a card or minis game, sure, but with D&D it's all about establishing a consistent group and playing together. You need to interact during the process of setting up a group, but once you've put the work in to have not shit people to play with, there's no reason for you to care.

Crap. I don’t remember what I had for breakfast! It’s been a while. I also had problems with their shipping guy Fergie. Add it all together, I finally said fuck Chaosium.

>you really, really have to pay attention and look deeper
Wait, you have to think before making a risk investment? No way. Kickstarter is just a pre-order system, right? You're guaranteed to get the product and you have every right to get pissed when they don't deliver the product you had in your imagination on the preliminary estimated date, right?

Modiphus. And being fair, it's not entirely their fault in that case. They've got a very slow turnaround of sending materials for Corvus Belli to check to make sure it's accurate to the setting, which given the language barrier and CB being wrapped up in their own projects makes the whole thing drag out, especially given how much content Modiphus promised to produce in the Kickstarter.

Delays suck but they're common with Kickstarted games, but the actual product still seems solid, from what I've played of it so far. Although even by Kickstarter delay standards, the aforementioned unique situation is unusual. I wouldn't write off KS RPG's entirely, you can get some pretty neat shit there from time to time. Just do your research and be willing to wait.

Games Workshop, I still follow the lore but they lost their way years ago in my opinion. It just isn't the same anymore.

I just took it as a sign of how obsessive their fanbase was. Literally nothing on that Kickstarter page made any sense or even resembled a project that could possibly be completed.

I also think the reason people aren't making a stink about it is that the only people who backed it were super invested anyway, and are incapable of criticising their chosen brand.

Yeah. Imagine if we had system wars? How crazy would that be?

how the fuck where they gonna build a MMO with just a million dollars that's way too little for anything decent! like you would need 100 million or so to make a decent game let a alone a MMO in today's market. the old republic cost 200 million to make and that still had to go to free to play!

The pitch, IIRC, was 'We'll make a tech demo for this ridiculously ambitious project and it'll be so great investors will swoop in and fund the rest'

Which, naturally, didn't happen.

>for something like a card
The conversation is about MTG.

In the whole post chain, the only game that had actually been mentioned was 5e.

Hadn't heard about it before (not a regular historically speaking), but you piqued my interested. Looked at the 11 blog updates they made last year. This gem in particular was a fun read:

>Update 2: Sale extended to June 27! As part of the process of moving Pathfinder Online from Goblinworks to Paizo, we made some changes to our billing system at noon (Pacific) on Tuesday, April 18, 2017. Unfortunately, this required removing payment information and deactivating automatic billing settings on every account. This means that everyone will need to re-enter their payment information before any new purchases can be made, and will also need to reactivate automatic billing before subscriptions can be automatically charged when an account runs out of game time.
>subscription
>runs out of game time

Some people just hate their own money with a vengeance I guess.

Honestly I have no idea why I always forget that D&D is WotC.

That was the other hilarious thing. Some MMO Kickstarters have offered lifetime subs for big contributions. Pathfinder Online? Offered three months to people giving them hundreds of dollars, and then had those subs burn out during the shitty tech demo phase when there was nothing to do anyway.

I play MtG, interacting with the community is a neccesity. I also more frequently play D&D, but getting a consistent group is hard enough when you only want to play once a month, I go for online games to fill in my dead time which means I'm consistently interacting with new people. And the idea "it's fine because you can hide away from the community" is flawed. The act of turning the game into politics inherently and undeniably causes the community of the hobby to suffer and become more hostile and divided. The fact that I can hole up with my friends and pray that we never need to change up the group doesn't change the fact that the community at large being actively degraded is bad for me any more than being a good driver means that I don't need to worry about car insurance.

Pathfinder is one hell of a drug.

Sounds as bad as Uncle Kev and his “refund in kind” crap.

Ah no problem. Was just wondering if it was before or after the return of the great old ones.

After all, Chaosium has some real fucked managers in the past. And really fucked up with the kickstarter for CoC7th.

The original owner basically came back with a bunch of other people, took it back over, and sunk a load of money to basically fulfil the promises of the previous owners. Hopefully they're gonna do better than the previous cycle of "we've just fixed the problems the previous team made... now to make our own ones!"

>muh shitsters of basshole
why don't you go play magic or read marvel if you want a daily beef injection of man faced trannies ya fuckin' loser

Glad I got out when I did then!

Fuck off. Sisters of Battle are the only thing that would get myself and others back into their games.

/pol/ actually loves SoB. They're Valkyries of golden zombie space Odin with fun fluff. What's not to love?

I haven't given GW money in a few years, and stopped buying Hasbro products last fall. WotC and GW blatantly dislike their own customers for weird ethical reasons and I'm tired of it.

>obsess about retarded fetish army
>get told constantly to shut the fuck up
>cry about it
Sounds like you should go suck some dicks

>MY army is still loved so it's fine.

Go play wotc games, you can have all the gender swapping dr. frankenfurter buffalo bills in those you want

Nah I don't want to work for GW. Thanks though.

Does /pol/ have nothing better to do than shit up every thread on Veeky Forums? I mean, fucking enough already.

>muh pol muh pol muh pol muh pol
Only person shitting this thread up is you, feel free to get the fuck back to r*ddit you pile of shit

Kys.

This is what happens when companies make their products into political statements.

Oh my god, you couldn't make it any more obvious.

t. Paizodrone trying to distract from his company BTFO

>Can't even think of an alternative outside of comic book shop games.
>Still not acknowledging the whole 'MY ARMY IS FINE SO STOP COMPLAINING'
>Saying Sisters of Battle are like WOTC.

The old management of Chaosium managed to keep from filing bankruptcy for an impressive amount of time. They deserve credit for that if nothing else.
I've had ..words with and about nuChaosium, but I still hope they manage to pull it off. That's one Great Old One I don't want to go tits up.

>How DARE people complain about bad decisions and politics in their games.

You brought up /pol/.

You just revealed more about yourself.

Oh my GAWD girlfriend, I can't agree more. That guy, like, totally disagreed with me! He must be a nazi!

I would legitimately go back to GW if they released plastic sisters.

>all completely accurate
deal with it

Anything Ubisoft.
Anything EA
Anything Disney.
Anything mainline GW
What else... Target, CNN, Marvel and 90% of the shit hollywood spews forth.

Yeah I'm sure they want the "masturbates to man faced trannies" demographic

Target?

>I get around this problem by just not paying attention to any social media relating to WOTC, because that's generally where the virtue signalling and sissy slapfights happen. The only thing even close to politics I've seen in any actual 5e books is the line in the PHB about Corellon Larethian, and that's been in since at least 2e, if I'm remembering right.

FYI, in the upcoming Mordekainen's book it's canon that elves across the multiverse are genderfluid, so good luck avoiding that

a superstore like walmart.

So in general is it considered a marketing strategy now for the paid shills to insult would be paying customers who dare to voice criticism? Because I've noticed this a lot in the WotC threads as well. It comes across as nonsequetorial and hollow, lacking the personal emotional bitterness of real anons talking shit to each other and feels more like a corporate drone under orders to call anyone who speaks negatively about their company's design decisions some petty insult.

I fucking love not giving Games Workshop or Wizards of the Coast my money! It feels more and more satisfying by the day.

>man faced trannies
Well yeah if we're talking about GW's ancient-ass metal monstrosities from back in the days of the Clinton Administration, sure. I want GW to give me something more like pic related.

>/pol/ actually loves SoB. They're Valkyries of golden zombie space Odin with fun fluff.
Fucking this right here. Preach it!

>s-stop liking what I don't like wwaaaahhh

Attached: pistolero starts playing in the background.jpg (1080x818, 112K)

I haven’t given money to WOTC in over ten years, but not because of any reason other than there’s better stuff out there.

What exactly did Wizards of the Coast do?

What haven't they done? and its not limited to D&D

Pretend I live in a cave and you need to explain what they did to me. I don't keep track of any of the companies, I just own a lot of RPG systems passed down to me.

Read the thread. It’s explained above. Any more obvious and it starts a shit show.

They tried to kill Thoth.

The designers of the game called Magic tried to cast a spell to kill Thoth.

>Veeky Forums companies who suck
>no mention of CGL yet
Guess we don't have many Shadowrun fans in attendance, but hoo boy is Catalyst Game Labs a shit company. Like, talk shit about GW or Paizo or WotC all you want, but I'm not sure they're CGL level bad.

I liked it better in OOTS, where the elves just never tell you what gender they are, so you are always confused.