/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

Nagash the Undying Cutie Edition

Previous Thread : New Books have been added

Please stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes)

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

> Core rules
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handbook 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Malign Portents Stories
malignportents.com/story/the-clockmakers-tale/
malignportents.com/story/rodbuls-last-fight/

New books

>Callis and Toll The Old Ways
mega.nz/#!JNJiwSLZ!HM0fIa9VjF2hWWpJOS0fymB6kd944VYdHmrk7yKQ2N4

>The Tainted Axe
mega.nz/#!QRx1gIwS!X3bvo8LQgV6V1Q12C2Y5dnM3m4lF5IkvxTKMzdQuazs

>The Witch Takers
mega.nz/#!5URyAJTZ!edeqlJAaUNRXsDVBHyGuyL5g3JXlbLej0Ug_oY7qtao

>Thread Question
GW puts you in charge of designing the next starter box. Who do you pick?

Attached: 1520645620811.jpg (640x800, 51K)

Deathrattle vs Moonclan.

>GW puts you in charge of designing the next starter box. Who do you pick?

Sylvaneth and Deathsoup

Question about missions that count warscroll points for victory conditions: does that count battalions? Like, if I kill all the units in a battalion, do I also get points for the battalion?

Nth for Rattus Cheesehead, the first, and best Ratcast Eternal

Attached: 20180318_202216_HDR~2.jpg (1602x1718, 645K)

this just has to be a part of the deepkin ship floating on mists

Attached: RumourEngine29Mar.jpg (1000x774, 36K)

TZEENTCH BOYS FUCK HARD

Attached: lord-of-change-duncan1.jpg (939x542, 127K)

Redesigned stormcast that de facto invalidated previous stormcast vs chaos stormcast.

Freeguild vs Ogors

It's what my Black Library submission is about

You're an idiot, user. That's clearly a plow tilling soil.

Attached: 60010299012_BlightWarENG03.jpg (920x950, 106K)

Attached: images.jpg (600x694, 51K)

>ratcast
you mean stormvermin

Reminder of a sin that I've commited

Attached: dididoit.jpg (515x294, 43K)

Is that a new rumor mill or something? I thought that was already confirmed to be the plow being pulled by Horticulous Slimux's snail

This guy needs only a straw hat and it would be perfect

Attached: 1e8.jpg (250x309, 24K)

>Sumo Fyreslayers
>Instead of pretending it's muscle, flat out admit fyreslayer dorfs are fat
>Fyreslayer gorge themselves to increase their size to fit more Ur-Gold tubes on their bodies.
>Attatch offensive runes to their palms to turn their hand's into literal deadly weapons that can cause enemies to explode from force or fire Hadoukens.
>Assuming the sumo stance causes the ground to tremble and force enemies to make a check on their assault phase.
>No axes or magmashit. Just slapping palms of death

GW needs to make this happen

Attached: B0Ot06VCcAEtB5v.jpg (599x581, 59K)

That would be an insult to Sqeekmar's finest.

3 vangard palladors, 6 liberators, 3 vanquishers, and one lord.
VS
20 men at arms, 10 knights of the realm, 1 BSB, one lord on horse, and 10 peasant archers.
all on square bases

Lubie to bardzo user!

no kurwa

>Thread question
Seraphon vs Slaaneshi daemons and mortals.

Woah man! Fucking epic! Please post this every thread!

i will

>Fantasy would have needed some serious retcons to continue functioning, otherwise I truly believe it would have reached the point where there would be no new model designs that could be created. New models are GW's bread and butter, either to be added to existing armies or perhaps convincing people to start a new army.
Which is why I still believed a merge of the two settings a better idea: the End Times radically altered the world much like Cataclysm did to WoW. Lustrua is gone, the Old World itself is in ruins and its people decimated.

But at the cusp of defeat,and under the pressure of the gods stepping onto the world, the planet buckles and cracks, and pieces of the Old World float away. But by doing so it is revealed the Old World was but a single celestial body among hundreds free floating above the mortal realms. Just as this revaluation begins to sink in, the fallen heroes of Bretyonia, Tilea, Estalia, Araby, and the Empire return as Sigmar's avenging angels, the Stormcast, driving Chaise back to the realms held by the dark gods and giving the survivors repreive. With the world gone, the forces of Order relocate to the planes and that could start the new setting, keeping the Empire but expanding it with all the other humans of the Old World(and thus letting GW retain more of their old player base) while giving the Stormcast an intro to a world both human and transhuman can share, not to mention giving existing Stormcast better names. Like Imperius could have been Valten, or Gardus being Volkmar, lending a little more weight to that 'Only the Faithful' line. And then fast forward all the existing campaigns in AoS to get to here.

Attached: 8b1.png (1126x845, 666K)

>thanks for asking but the answer is no not now, we have no plans for a werewolf faction.

can you blame them?

werewolves is a copyright minefield

inb4: "they didnt say never so that means its confirmed for being released soon™"

Attached: Caledor_Dragon_Tamer.jpg (1860x930, 629K)

To clarify from last thread The Great Horned rat was snubbed by Archaon, so as a little 'fuk u' you he gave Dorghar the twin-tails that all Vermin-daemons have

An especially sick burn as the twin tail is metaphorical for Skaven's origins as the dark mirror of humanity's worst traits, evoking both Sigmar's twin comet and the skaven both at once

Attached: horned rat.jpg (519x479, 176K)

user THEY ARE RELEASED LITERALLY TOMORROW

Can Ye Olden Empire Knights fit on any of the Cold Ones?

new skaven wen

deepkin

So do what they did for Duardin, Aelfs, Orruks, Ogors, Troggoths, and Gargants: give them a mixed up, totally not yet copyrighted name like Skinwollluvs or Wahrwolfs or something.

>so as a little 'fuk u' you he gave Dorghar the twin-tails that all Vermin-daemons have
that's not how it works

I bet you don't even know why the vermin lords have two tails

yes

literally aelves

JOKES ON YOU, I AM LITERALLY PAINTING MY NYGHT-STALKER WAERE-WOYLVES WITH TWIN LUNA-BLESSED GANGREL CLEVERS AS WE SPEAK

Isn't it weird how they used Gargant and Grot from 40k but not Ork?

in our dreams bro, we are bound to play nurgleshit with no saves forever

Not really it meant two free names they didn't have to ask the interns to make up.

>Gangrel
git out vampire spy

>>Thread Question
freeguild for fleshing out the setting and sky grot pirates because destruction needs more love

Attached: 9a89a1204b114747df833409b4149f71.jpg (630x866, 154K)

Eshin clan vs Nighthaunt. That could be orgasmic

You missed my point, they used two from 40k but not Ork, I'm confused as to why they didn't. Could have also used Ogryn.

...and because the answer was not "More Stormcast" they fire you.

>>Thread Question
Nighthaunt vs Grots
Elite and resistant vs horde and fragile

can I interest you in another box of plague monks in this trying time?

maybe read the rest of the post? or explain it yourself rather than being a passive faggot

To play it safe they used names that no one, not even their own employees, would even say to make sure they didn't tried on an existing copyright of an obscure fantasy setting or medical device for hamsters or something.

but the way freeguild get integrated into the setting is by bearing aesthetic choices parallel to the stormcast and rules to ally with them with ease

we then put a second version of the same box with an ironjaws and stormcast detachment add onn at a discount on the total pieces

I bought Skaven Pestilens battletome and now i am stuck with a book i am not using so guess.

I would just make force consisting mostly of plagueclaws and some tarpit desu but fuck painting 10 000 rats.
I want muh fucking elite force with not many models and cool inventive shit.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ogors vs Mordants: The Omnom Nomming

Skaven vs Sylvaneth.
Nothin' personnel shrub-thing.

aye

Grot is an actual word though.

confirmed for not knowing

the verminlords while having always existed, rose to importance significantly with the end times, when the twin tailed comet passed again over the world, this is said by the designers themselves in the relative white dwarf telling how the comet is symbolic for important events, but itself bear no fixed meaning: the first time it heralded sotek ansmd sigmar, hope and light, the second time, doom and despair, the end times.
in warhammer terms twin tails simply means important, I guess exponentially less so now since everyone and their mother has got them in some way with the age of sigmar, but still that was the reason given

Yes but does it have existing copyright? Remember these were the same people that tried to copyright "Space Marine" If the obvious won't work, go for the insane.

Then why not use gretchin? Both are 40k words anyways.

I had a showerthought just now. I'm nearly done with my Blood Queen box. I need another 20 Skeletion Warriors and another 10 Grave Guard for optimal loadout on them, so wouldn't just buying another Blood Queen box be the best choice for my dollar value - provided I get it at a bargain around $120?

20x Skeleton Warriors is roughly $80, and then 10x Grave Guard are another $42 or so. I can always just build the extra Mortarch, and having another two morghasts makes First Cohort available down the line whenever I get Nagash.

Is my logic solid here or would I still be better off buying individually or getting Skeleton Horde box? Getting 20 SK and 10 GG is just an awkward number.

Attached: 1521245579176.jpg (572x303, 123K)

y no trademark thousands of made up terms and sue a fucking malasyan lawnmower company 50 years down the road when they release the GrotGrot 40, 000 or a Peruvian brothel named Retchin Gretchin

or you could make the morghasts into corpse carts

We already have firebellies

I'd be interested in seeing how you could do that without a ton of greenstuff

That shit's hilarious, user.

Attached: 1398521449366.jpg (523x332, 85K)

What blue should I use as the primary colour for my stormhost, Thousand Sons or Ultramarines?

Attached: 594828183.jpg (1384x800, 199K)

But firebellies are fine. This is about a conversation on how to make Fyreslayers keep their half naked look but lose all the homoeroticism

T'au.

Attached: rub a dub dub come get some scrub.jpg (680x907, 99K)

What if the Deepkin are... Fimir!?!

Attached: A3424CFA-D464-4981-AA31-E9CD725FE8F7.jpg (920x950, 81K)

Thousand Sons is a much nicer blue imo.

what the hell is a vanquisher

By adding your weird feeder and slapping fetishes? Missing the mark a bit

>Tfw FW would rather make Khorne dragons than make more Fimir

You heard me.

Attached: freeguild vanquisher pattern steam tank.jpg (800x680, 62K)

Slaaneshi Mortals vs Devoted of Sigmar

Both factions would be great fully fledged

They are sigmarines so might as well go ultramarine blue

Uh no by turning them into perpetually angry sumo fighters that kill with martial arts. If you find something sexual about it, that says more about you than me.

Play skryre and mass stormfeinds

Square bases for life you stupid fags

Attached: Vlcsnap-2013-08-07-18h32m23s202.png (640x480, 372K)

>banned from the store

Attached: 1521367941763.png (760x1752, 1.61M)

Of all the things to find wrong with AoS, this isn't one of them. Is it that hard to put them information you need lines and corners to guide you?

How will the Stormcast ever recover?

Attached: Dwarfs - Stone and Steel-60.jpg (1065x774, 288K)

no

Attached: 0goats.jpg (1371x663, 524K)

is malign portents worth reading through?

>wound spill over
>static to hit/wound rolls
>combat "initiative"
>every unit crumbles
Surely they can improve this by version 2.

I don't think this fluff counts anymore, its not from AoS

Attached: 1520020804661.jpg (720x960, 67K)

>playing at GW

I have almost no issues and enjoy AoS user

Attached: 1493506687377.jpg (1024x577, 61K)

bruh i think, you know, you posted in the wrong place

I mean, the one in AoS hit a Chaos champion so hard it stripped all Chaos taint from his soul when it killed him.

bruh, there's no battletome for that.
i want muh nu-lore.
my autism requires it.

After thousands of years of worship empowered it as a symbol rather than an object. If that same worship was directed at a specific turnip I'm sure said turnip would have had the same effect.

Where else do you even play this game?

I don't honestly mind wound spill over, though I would like a split so that some weapons spill and some don't. So you can have anti-hero/anti monster weapons that are bad vs units.

None of the things you stated are actually bad though.

The spillover in particular is why I prefer AOS to 40k in the meantime.

Attached: 527045ED-84F4-43C3-B602-3218C8B8A6D1.jpg (249x228, 8K)

Nope.

Then convert some blight kings & rat ogres with rat tails, skaven icons and play Nurgle.
Make your list mostly pestilens, get a verminlord corruptor, and the rest blightking rats

Instant elite skaven army.

Attached: untitled.jpg (324x318, 47K)

>he doesn't know the joy of going to his FLGS
>he doesn't know the joy of being able to eat and play at the same time because the owner isn't a nazi
>he doesn't know the joy of not being molested by the money hungry black shirt

I pity you user.

Attached: 1492790699137.jpg (800x600, 103K)

If that dragon actually gets released.

>Ratcast
>Anywhere a bunch of rats gather together, Cheesehead suddenly emerges.

Is he the Sanguinor fo Skaven?

like this!

Attached: img4ff5fcab17467.jpg (900x600, 392K)

Cheesehead is just a skaven and hundreds of rats in an old set of stormcast armor