>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
Does your character write to their friends and family, /5eg/? Don't you think they're worried about you? Besides, you've no doubt got some great stories to tell. What would you tell them about and how much gold would you send them if you wrote them a letter?

Attached: sealed_document.jpg (1404x845, 254K)

First for Eldritch Blast

Yeah, the last letter she sent though probably confused the fuck out of them or gave them heart attacks.

"Hey mom, hey dad, figured out the whole producing heirs thing so go ahead and cancel that arranged marriage with the Irontongue family. Once I get the Silverthorn whip back from Uncle Seddus, I'll come back and explain."

She's a lesbian.

Yes partly because he is a diplomat so he sends regular reports about deals brokered or propositions he feels as best left to his father's discretion. Other part is because his family is very important to him so he ensures to keep in touch.

That'll be fun.

Yeah, we're 11th level right now and my DM has basically made it clear that my character's arc is coming up soon with the aforementioned Uncle Seddus (a dickass fucking necromancer, possibly lich now) who ran off with her family's namesake royal weapon.

The shy, bookish transmutation wizard in the party is no.1 girl in her harem and is a little magical realm, desu. She came up with the idea of producing heirs using a certain spell.

>play moon druid in my current campaign
>GM limits me entirely to wolf(not dire wolf) and bear
>"you wouldnt know that form"

Attached: 1520556971991.png (600x331, 422K)

We have a party member who shows up to our weekly games with hand written letters with wax sealed envelopes addressed to his king.

Nice, what's inside them?

Why would they not just use the tables in XGE if they want to limit you?

What effects/spells could cause me to have a shadowy form?
Going for a "hooded character is just black fog under the hood" kind of thing and want to back it up mechanically. I know, backing up fluff mechanically, yes, yes. I want to make sure I have a scene where someone pulls my hood down and just goes "what the fuck?!"
I'm not keen on asking this of my GM without having looked at available options, so I'm first trying to figure out if I have any real options at all. A magic item, maybe? Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

His character is a Dwarf that is just scouting the land for potential expansion for his king. The letters are documenting his experiences with our party and how much he hates greenskins.

My character keeps a travelogue which she brings to a gnomish book printing store every couple of months, where it's edited and turned into a new chapter of her book series.
All revenue generated from sales goes to her family.

>servant complaining to his liege about his hatred for shitskins
I approve.

>Does your character write to their friends and family, /5eg/?
No, of course not. Do you take her for some kind of a peasant? She has Sending for that.

>general rescued from anime
Free at last

>Does your character write to their friends and family, /5eg/?

Outside of my current character none of them had any living relatives and with my current one it's his mom who sold him away so I doubt getting in contact even crosses his mind.

My character's family died tragically at the hands of orc bandits, conveniently leaving absolutely nothing for the GM to fuck me over with.
I don't have any friends outside those in my adventuring party, who I make sure to keep healthy relationships with so that they will stay alive and not betray me.

>using a certain spell.

Evard's Black Tentacles?

Attached: 1396365180511.png (480x360, 189K)

>interrupting your loved ones in the middle of their day whether they be free or occupied by things like shitting, fucking, or sleeping just to say hi
Because I just love it when I get a phone call halfway through my evening dump.

So I'm running a cleric to an evil god while remaining neutral. I'm worshipping Auril the god of snow and cold shit. He's a lizardfolk who's shit at interpersonal interactions who desires to sacrifice large swathes of cattle, piles of grain and worldly goods to his god to prevent a terrible winter for his people, much further south.

What's a good method of doing this? Adventuring for cash and buying piles of cattle? Starting a massive ranch with a little bit of money? I'm worried that the northmen will take me for an evil priest and try to kill me/prevent the sacrifice. Maybe I could make it into a winter festival type thing?

Regardless, I've just managed to convince an evil boar-demigod type cultist/mook to convert to try my religion after slaughtering his mates and convincing him his god was weak. What's a good use for an initiate in your neutral cult serving an evil god?

We're level 6 and have played once session

Attached: It seriously cannot get better than this.png (1598x472, 883K)

But at what cost? We could've had Catholic Crusader Elves who happen to be anime, but now we have to argue about people taking quotes about elf genitalia out of context and getting unnecessarily upset about it. Is this truly the better timeline?

Attached: DRAGON SHITTERS GO HOME.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

Your DM might let you do that with Disguise Self or Thaumaturgy. Spells that actually turn you into gas or turn you invisible also affect your clothes.

Can you use Minor Illusion to turn yourself invisible?

Ah, Thaumaturgy seems quite good. Now I need to figure out how to make it permanent. Or how to at least increase it's duration.

The last two threads weren't anime either.

Retards like you are why I hate illusions. Why do so many people have no idea how illusions work?

Permanency hasn't been a thing since 3.5. Your tryhard edgelord will just have to come to terms with his own opacity.

You could try to do that by conjuring an exact replica of the space where you're standing as a shell around yourself but you'd have to constantly adjust the illusion as you moved.

Or your GM would tell you to fuck off.
One of those two.

Shit you're right. My characters trait is blood thicker than water and he did kill a dude who wronged his family in the past. I have yet to write home to my family about it. I've been busy trying to start a fire religion and getting high as shit.

I'm not even a tryhard edgelord, though.
I'm making a paladin that's totally not one of the angels from diablo 3.

What subclass on XGE you think got the best art? I really like Celestial Warlock design

>it's his mom who sold him away so I doubt getting in contact even crosses his mind.
That sounds like a prime opportunity to make your mom feel like shit though. "Hey mom, it's that child you sold away. Just made 13,000gp for half a day's work, on my way to go create an extradimensional house with hundreds of servants, free food, and any furnishings I can think of. I'd be worried about decorating it poorly if I couldn't make a new one every single day in less time than it took me to write this. For free.
Hugs and Kisses, user."

No. A minor illusion can either be a sound or the unmoving illusion of an object no more than 5 feet on a side. Negative space isn't an object. You can, however, create the illusion of an object and hide behind or inside it if you're small enough.

Just ask for a common minor magic item - a hood that steeps a person's face in shadows if it's up. It probably wouldn't be fully impossible to see your face in daylight hours but I'd assume in a torchlit inn barroom it would be hard as fuck.

It would probably run you a couple hundred gold or something.

Dude, did you even play Diablo 3? Its storyline features a vastly better way to get an angel into an adventuring party.

I didn't, actually. Got burned by that auction house garbage they tried to pull. Heard they've fixed it since, but I've sworn to never play Blizzard games again at this point, so whoops.
Loved the design of the angels, though.

I put a central bank in my game's capital city and the barbarian nearly blew a gasket when the party monk wanted to open an account and spent twenty minutes asking about banking services.

Unrelated, what's some good services and benefits an adventurer's guild might provide to members?

Polymorph for temporary ability to fertilise the wizard.

/5eg/, how would YOU fix the Four Elements Monk?

Okay, spoiler alert, Diablo 3 is about an angel who falls to earth and becomes human in an attempt to save humanity despite the general angelic hierarchy's distaste for their impurity.

>Unrelated, what's some good services and benefits an adventurer's guild might provide to members?

Jobs. Contacts with magic item purveyors. Lodging. The basics, you know?

Kensei or Sword bard

Hey, that's pretty cool. I'll look up a plot synopsis or something.

>services and benefits an adventurer's guild might provide to members?
>Discounts on Resurrections
>Discounts on alchemical/magical components
>Reliable housing without the risk of (unsanctioned) tavern brawls

Attached: 1517655357603.png (252x479, 61K)

>Sword bard
The halfling or the Human?

Any personal homebrew rules you guys have used or experienced that have improved the general flow or quality of lfie of the game?

Give everyone the Lucky feat but it can't be refreshed until the first long rest of the next session.
OR
Ban the Lucky feat.

I replaced it in my setting.

everyone gets the human variant feat at level 1

I think my favorites are the art for Circle of Dreams, Oath of Conquest, and Celestial Patron.

>Oath of Conquest
Edgy

Well for one thing, access to credit makes an adventurer's life so much easier. (Gold weighs a ton!) This would make travel convenient, as you can go into any bank and "magically" authorize a withdrawal from your balance.

And if you really think about the economy of D&D (oh god please don't, it sucks) adventurers can come back with items worth more money than some national budgets by themselves. You might be FORCED (within the letter of the law, as much as anyone can force a superhero to do anything) to put your gold in the bank (subject to withdrawal limits) to avoid causing massive inflation.

I'm thinking the main draw of banks is allowing for high-value exchanges to take place without the requisite wheelbarrow full of gold. An escrow service, if you will.

Maybe they provide "adventurer's insurance" that pays for your revival as long as you pay your dues. After all, there's no one to look out for the dead but their duly-authorized executors.

Polymorph is beast only though. Including intelligence drop. Guess you could both transform into the same beast types with opposing sex, but if I DMed that I'm not sure the pregnancy would survive de-polymorphing. True Polymorph would work, but thats 9th level.

>Polymorph:
>The transformaton lasts for the duraton, or untl the target drops to 0 hit points or dies. The new form can be any beast whose challenge ratng is equal to or less than the target’s (or the target’s level, if it doesn't have a challenge ratng). The target’s game statstcs, including mental ability scores, are replaced by the statstcs of the chosen beast. It retains its alignment and personality.

Attached: queen.png (1176x664, 757K)

That actually sounds like a great idea to do once he owns his own boat and crew.
"I see you arrived by boat, must have taken you awhile to get enough money to do so."
"No actually I own the boat and finally decided that you are worth my time to talk to."

How much will my GM fuck with me/ how much will my party hate me if I bring a Wild Magic Sorcerer to the table?

>elemental attunement also gets you Mold Earth, Shape Water, Produce Flame, and Gust
>reduce all ki point costs for disciplines by 1, unless that discipline already only costs 1 point
>at 5th level, you cast spells from disciplines as 2nd level spells minimum, this increases to 3rd at 10th, 4th at 15th, and 5th at 20.
>gain one additional discipline at each level you normally learn one
Easy

There's nothing wrong with anime.
There is a problem with troll OPs that are irellevant to the general.

My group hates their wild sorc, but only because he's openly bartered with a devil before. The wild magic surges are rare and have been lulzy so far.

Yeah, sorry. I was talking about True Polymorph. The True Polymorph would just be long enough to get each member of the harem pregnant to avoid issues with no heirs. Otherwise, my character will get married off to some dude and she's not about that life.

Why would I ever want to use daggers over shortswords outside of in character preference?

Throwing.

you can throw them
easier to conceal if it ever comes up

Is there a random encounter table anywhere for the Tomb of Nine Gods in ToA?
I see a section for Omu, but not for the tomb itself (or am I blind?)

SS are martial

What's a cool effect that I can add to a +1 quarterstaff to make it interesting? Preferably something that would be good for both a monk and a druid. Party is level 3 and this will be one of the first magic weapon they'll get, along with Shatterspike.

I've been told the UA Mystic is busted as fuck, and for the most part can understand why. Does anyone know of an unbusted homebrew for psionics?

Can a party of 4 handle having only one real body and three pansy boys?

Give it at will thornwhip that also gets the +1 properties, using wisdom.

My players own a fortress and i want the big bad to attack it when they aren't there. They have peopleto defend but they're not exactly official guards. How do i handle an off screen attack without just saying the attacked succeeded or failed on my whim? I don't want to roll an entire combat encounter alone, but i don't want them to fail due to fiat

>fortress
>no official guards
shit will get steamrolled
maybe a couple residents can escape

Twice per long rest (once per end of the staff), the user can create a massive knockback blast by pointing and twisting it.
Use their action for a Strength save for an alright amount of damage and a huge amount of knockback (20 feet or so)
For the monk you can say they get to use their Flurry of Blows after using it since it's technically an attack.

Give it the ability to cast Cure Wounds using up one charge or lesser restoration using 2 charges (It has 5 charges max and regains d4 charges after each long rest). Call it the Staff of Asclepius and the monk will appreciate using his mobility to give some needed heals or getting rid of troublesome conditions.

Favorite magic item?

Sorry, cure wounds using one charge per spell level (so you can blow your whole load on a 5th level cure wounds) and 2 for lesser restoration just to be clear.

There are mass combat rules, but as said, the outcome is pretty clear from the outset.

It's permanently under the effect of Shillelagh.

This guy.

Attached: DRgWsGLU8AA0Tbg.jpg (675x1200, 134K)

Holy avenger

Attached: 1521500159763.jpg (736x823, 126K)

Makes me wish Wizards could use find familiar to get a pseudodragon, but I guess there should be some reason to use Pact of the Chain...

Moon druid is broken in the early levels anyway.

My character does write to his family, though usually on business matters only.
They're a clan of monster hunters, usually getting hired out to groups for their knowledge on unusual creatures.
He has to send back a portion of his earnings each month.
>Then the DM gave us a Deck of Many Things
>Now my character is the proud owner of a keep (which the clan is extremely interested in)
>Except it's filled with high level monsters and he's only a level 6 fighter

I'm going to attack the fortress in a couple of session and I'm going to hint that they need to start getting combat oriented followers or lose the base. They'll definitely have a chance of they addresses the issue. Where can i find said mass combat rules?

They (or anyone with ritual casting) can get Tressym though if your DM approves it.

I hadn't planned on writing letters to my family but that sounds like a great idea. I'd probably tell them about the various escapades that me and my party would get up to while making me look as good as possible. Also I'm not sending them shit for money cause they're fuckin loaded.

First serious character I played was an only child whose parents were killed in a fire that he miraculously survived.
Second character was the son of 2 servants, one of which was murdered. He was captured at a young age, and sold to a buyer in a distant land. He doesn't want to talk to her again until he can support her wholly.
My third was a slave since birth, eventually bought/adopted by a noble family, but he didn't feel like he was worthy, so he ran away, seeking worth.
My fourth was a nobleman who was given a silver spoon since birth, but always felt like he didn't need it, so he set out to prove to his family that he could. If the campaign went longer, he definitely would have at least wrote to them.
My fifth and current, had a nondescript childhood. He married at ~18, had a child a few years later, then his wife left him, and his daughter became the only thing in his life-- then she died. He went crazy and is now trying to bring her back from the dead (which wouldn't happen for real until at least 17th level (or 20th for him since he's a undying warlock shadow sorc multiclass).

So no, not really.

Allocating my last ability point. Should I get a +1 INT mod or a +1 WIS mod?
I don't fully grasp the value of abilities in this system yet.
My inner PF grognard is screaming to put it on WIS for saving throws/perception/etc. but I figured I'd ask here first.
This is for a Sorcerer.

Are you allowed feats? You can nab some pretty sick feats with your ASIs after you max out your CHA and if not I'd rather max out my CON and DEX to prevent getting my ass blown away in a melee.

Wisdom is more valuable for you because of perception, as well as more nasty spells that are countered with wis save.

WIS for Perception, INT if you're playing a BIG NERD and have a lot of INT skills.

I think he means at chargen, not from a level ASI.

We're allowed feats but this character is level 1 and not a variant human.
I've already got my CON and DEX up as high as they'll go, I've got exactly enough points to get either INT or WIS to 12.

Alright, thanks.

Mea culpa, thought you were planning out your ASIs in advance

To be fair, I should've been more clear on that.

ALRIGHT NERDS: Which wizard character concept grabs you more-

1) Transmutation wizard with a penchant for polymorph (as in will try to cast it at least once a day, just to see what it can do)

or

2) A teleportation obsessed Conjuration wizard whose gotta go fast wherever the party is travelling?

>Try out a Mystic character for a campaign out of curiosity
>Ends up being built really poorly for RP reasons and the fact that everyone else in the party is pretty new, so my experience will balance it out
>GM is keeping track of the players' combat efficiency publicly in tiers
>My character is in bottom tier due to being fairly gimmicky and out-of-combat based
>Suddenly feel the need to o p t i m i z e my shit
It'll be tough to keep myself from drawing from all of the class' arsenal and keeping it strictly to stuff that makes sense IC

The other character I'm playing actually has that exact backstory. His parents were a cartographer and trapper in the frontier, but settled down back home when they met, and he was drawn there by their stories about it and them wishing they could go back, and he went there to tell them about all the things he saw and did. Unfortunately,
he got sidetracked from maintaining his hero of the people persona he accidentally got.

How would the citizens of Neverwinter react to a Drow Half-Elf?

Teleportation is rad and leads to way more fun misadventures all while avoiding magical realm shit. Clear winner.

Both are awful.

If they claim their human parent was a Calishite and they aren't a sniveling weakling, probably not much at all.

Attached: wallhaven-499825.png (4096x2160, 3.23M)

Fuck kinda background am I supposed to pick for a Warlock?
There's like 4 "big nerd" backgrounds, two vaguely divine caster backgrounds, and the rest ain't about magic.
I'd write up my own but I'm having trouble finding a single background feature that fits a CHA caster (other than entertainer for bard)