/edhg/ - EDH/Commander General

Round and round we go Edition

Last time on /edhg/: RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
What abilities do you want to see on future Commanders in the color(s) of your choice?

Attached: Image.ashx.jpg (223x310, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-11-17-daretti/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What abilities do you want to see on future Commanders in the color(s) of your choice?
I want a legendary Helldozer.

Rakdos Reanimator commander.

>1BR, discard 2 cards: Put target creature card from your graveyard onto the battlefield

Something like that

Post your favorite repeatable sac outlets in Mardu that aren't Viscera Seer and Goblin Bombardment

My man

You know it.

Attached: oh yeah.jpg (450x450, 39K)

Legendary Communist Cat

The build isn't done, but i'd love to share. does anyone know a quick way to make a card image collage? if not, i'll just post a list

I want to spell sling and copy my spells a whole bunch
who should the commander be?

Attached: ori-236-pyromancer-s-goggles.jpg (672x936, 211K)

Download cards you want to stitch.
old.photojoiner.net

Wort.

Mizzux/Melek

This card is absolutely fucking hysterical.

Attached: 1.jpg (312x445, 65K)

Ashnod's My Dude

Which are the most aggressive "gotta go fast" commanders?

Edgar.

Eddie Markov
Zurgo
Purph

I want to build Maelstrom Wanderer in a unique way; where I have 75 cards with land, ramp, basic card draw and a seperate pool of 125 fun cards to randomly pull the remaining 25 from at the start of the game.

What are your favorite temur 4-6 drops?

I want draw and ramp on my Boros commander.

Attached: Samut.jpg (1024x768, 109K)

Attached: vomitchan.jpg (680x680, 82K)

her art is absolutely disgusting

Man that art really is astoundingly bad.

The art is okay.

Attached: 1377118924645.gif (371x331, 2M)

Attached: 1520453329162.png (498x400, 129K)

>copy spells in the command zone and ramp
>or tutors and more copying

Attached: 1503537462366.jpg (542x474, 27K)

Ramp is good. You want ramp. It lets you cast huge Fireballs.

Any reason you felt the need to post at the image multiple times? No need to samefag

mfw when I see

>first 3 posts under a minute apart
Is it so hard to believe that more than one person thinks that art is dogshit?

>It can't be that multiple hate that art! They must be the same person!

>No need to samefag
>Looks at timestamps.
Your right, that art is so hideous there really is no need to samefag.

Attached: any reason you felt.png (123x91, 3K)

Attached: mb.jpg (500x490, 83K)

if only Wort was RUG no I don't want to play fucking Riku

Using tutors for Mizzix/Melek is plebtier. Go for the Epic Experiment or bust

thanks for the hot tip.

i'm still considering/waiting for the mail on a couple things. easily kefnet makes it in. I"m on the fence about storm cauldron, but i think i should just go for it

Attached: just some ideas.jpg (1920x2674, 1.27M)

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-11-17-daretti/

im trying to tune my daretti deck if anyone can help

my playgroup doesnt allow any ld (unfortunately including blood moon)

Attached: 65E7A23A-6BB8-4330-A8C3-F1573C1897E0.jpg (941x576, 124K)

>UGx
pleb

A fag in my friend circle already plays Edgar.
The other ideas sound fun, but I'm looking for faster and more retarded stuff stuff.
I was going to build Isamaru but that fucking dog became too mainstream.
I'd rather kill myself.

>Is it so hard to believe that more than one person thinks that art is dogshit?
Yes. At worst it's just mediocre. It's completely overblown with the amount of samefag reactions one fag is giving. Editing a screenshot isn't terribly smart either.

>At worst it's just mediocre.
It is one of the worst card arts in MTG history, and certainly the worst post-8th edition.

>What abilities do you want to see on future Commanders in the color(s) of your choice?

Devotion effect on etb

>He cares about what other people are playing
Just play the decks you want, and stop being a hipster.

Most fun commander for creature heavy mono-green stompy: Ghalta, Rhonas or Yeva?

Hi MaRo. No, your dogshit card still isn't popular no matter how many Diversity Consultants you hire.

I'm shopping for some singles on TCGplayer and is it just my imagination or do the prices of singles go up during one of the 5% kickback sale events?

Consider Kytheon

Always replying to it like that is a meme at this point.

Though it really is awful.

me too buddy

It is one of the worst cards ever designed, both in art and abilities.

>It is one of the worst cards ever designed, both in art and abilities.
I have it just behind O-Kagachi on my list of worst cards ever.

>It is one of the worst card arts in MTG history, and certainly the worst post-8th edition.
No it isn't, in what way is it the ""worst""? And don't give me a "it's because of diversity" post. I'm not talking about her race, I'm talking about the artwork. As I said, it's just mediocre. There are far worse pictures out there for mtg.

>It is one of the worst cards ever designed, both in art and abilities.
Now that is trolling. Giving other creature's haste is good.

Step up step up!

We have this fine Atraxa for sale, starting bid is 0 and I'm the highest bidder, do I hear a 1?

Attached: illicitauction.hq.jpg (312x445, 37K)

>in what way is it the ""worst""
>Literally just a grey square in the top middle, surrounded by a sea of mute grays and neutral tones. The subject isn't even part of the composition at all.
>That fucking face that looks like if potato jesus got angry.

azu-chan

Attached: Image.png (223x311, 140K)

How would you build Ihsan? Shade tribal? Voltron?

Attached: 1521508296775.jpg (223x310, 10K)

They would be a fool to let that happen.

At least O-Kagachi art isn't painful to look at, although I agree that his abilities are completely underwhelming compared to his lore.

How about DRS just legendary. Like but with a blue activated cost or some shit

Those crossed fists as a chestplate look terrible. The framing and composition are awful. The energy and hostility embodied in the card is not focused in the slightest and is instead directed outward at the reader, who consciously or subconsciously feels offended by the rude lady yelling at them.

Attrition (yeah, I know, it costs mana)
Mind slash (yeah, sorcery speed)
Diamond valley
phyrexian plaguelord
sadistic hypnotist
spawning pit
shivan harvest
gargadon

gate to phyrexia

Attached: 1448382979878.png (346x297, 171K)

Mono-white.

Her card art is ugly. Her character in the story was unlikeable and her in game presence is some of the most stitched together made-for-commander pandering Wizards has done to date. But most importantly, she's the most recent on the laundry list of slights WotC has inflicted on Kalemne.

I just want more WUR commanders. The choice is abysmal right now.

The discussion isn't about card viability, but design. Samut is Custom Card General-tier.

I just want anything Junk that interacts with lands. It doesn't even have to do something horribly decent just let me make a deck of Elesh Norn, Night of Souls' Betrayal, Kormus Bell, Urborg and Jolrael and friends.

>Samut is Custom Card General-tier.
As a frequenter of shitty fake cards general, can confirm I make better custom cards than her, and I only make memes. (though I'm probably biased.)

Attached: Sliver Markov.png (375x523, 219K)

If I could I'd run him as a redemption themed deck but that's hard in black.

Short list? Brago but with hexproof, a Jeskai/Ink-Treader colored legendary that makes enchantments indestructible.

>build ihsan
Why the fuck does people want to build this terrible card? It's not even fun terrible, it's just bad.

Attached: super urza ugin bolas.jpg (375x523, 57K)

without LD daretti can't protect himself effectively.

Still great.

I want a decent Jund goblin.

Her armor looks like trash (though to be honest everyone in Amonkhet dresses with dumb looking pieces of plastic)
She is made deliberately ugly, so that no one could confuse wizard's virtue signaling with anything else.
Also, the card design itself is uninteresting.

>Thread question
Give me a legendary 2/2 creature for 3R that does Ruination when it enters the battlefield.

Attached: 95.jpg (312x445, 62K)

yeah its not meant to be a super competitive list i just really like playing my disabled italian goblin boy

That's fucking about with lands, not creature heavy

you already have 3???

Attached: Image (1).jpg (223x310, 32K)

I want a Yawgmoth legendary creature that acts like a Saga, turning from the man to the god.

You're retarded.

>not RRRR
What are you, gay?

>Figure of Destiny Yawgmoth edition except you lose the game if there's a female creature on the battlefield
Print it

theyre the same thing my friend

Would DRS be good as a commander?

I was thinking for about something with 4 stages
Where the first one is about giving things -1/-1 and giving them Undying
Second about giving things +1/+1 and giving them Persist
Third lets you put any creature that died under your control
Fourth gives you an emblem with "at the start of each phase add 10 B to your mana pool, at the beginning of the next end step you lose the game"

Help me convince people Burnished Hart is a shit ramp and should not be played over optimal ramp spells, mana dorks or rocks

Attached: 248.jpg (312x445, 69K)

probably not? 2 life isnt a lot and it might be hard to consistently have lands in the grave

In something like a 75% meta where fetches are common and graveyards are another hand sure. He wouldn't be strictly competitive nor horribly effective in too casual of a meta.

It has its place in decks with tools to 'abuse' it but yeah on its own you could slot it out for a manarock.

If it was also blue, hell yeah. Generating value over time while just sitting back playing control.

In just BG it doesn't offer a ton by itself.

As a commander? Nah. There is no reason to go BG if its not Gitrog

What's the point of cards that produce mana an opponent controls if they don't share any colors with you?

you would need lots of ways of getting lands in the grave at which point it would be better to just play frog

All EDH card evaluation depends heavily on the meta. To some people that play in low-powered, small-brained, hyper-casual metas, Burnished Hart goes in every deck. In other metas, you put it in your "bulk cards I'll never use" storage box.

Their actual oracle text is "Play in a better playgroup"

halp