magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Do we really need all these Art Sources?
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Attached: Primer 3.png (1400x1660, 2.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/node/16227
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Confront.png (375x523, 210K)

Attached: Mind Gate.png (375x523, 245K)

Attached: Spellknot Hydra.png (375x523, 277K)

Attached: Meletis Rhetor.png (375x523, 220K)

bump

Attached: Agos, Heavens Eternal.jpg (744x1039, 260K)

Cool anti-counter tech.

Seems interesting.

Either I've seen this card before, or someone's had the idea before. Or maybe I'm just thinking of this card I made. Anyway, seems good, though I've honestly never been quite sure about costing repeatable soft counters.

Kinda surprised it doesn't say activated or triggered. Not sure here.

Crazy ability, no idea how to cost for that.

Attached: Spiketail Elder.jpg (375x523, 46K)

Somebody at /edhg/ suggested I post this here

Attached: 12partner.png (1875x1046, 2.6M)

Attached: Thought to Feathers.jpg (744x1039, 223K)

A broken version of Words of Wilding

Fuck I didn't know this existed...

None of these really blow me away.

UB seems kinda interesting, but it certainly doesn't deserve to be mythic or legendary.

WU seems like it could be interesting, but needs more refinement. For one, Will of the Council and Council's Dilemma are different in that the second scales and the first doesn't. If you still want this to scale, switch to Dilemma. I also kinda feel like something should happen for approval. Feels odd to use either ability word if one of the choices does nothing.

UR I don't understand at all.

RW just makes me want Stonehewer.

Make the tokens 1/1.

no user, do the right thing and make them 1/2s

Now that actually feels like a god.

>tokens arent 1/2
disgusting

Attached: Sanctum Protector.jpg (375x523, 32K)

Attached: 1521478123647697 (1).png (375x523, 227K)

I was stumped by what you guys meant by this for a while. I wish that meme was never a thing.

>Vitalize
I don't think this should be a keyword, or W.

What is the goal of this keyword? To reward instant speed effects?
This just seems very fringe and frankly difficult to make an impact in a draft environment.

We've seen similar effects like this before, but pretty much just in GR.

So a different Thopter Spynetwork? seems fine.

Feels kind of mono U due to it having flying, but it's not so offensive it can't remain UG. If it was vigilance, reach, or trample I think it would fit the multicolor a lot cleaner.

Toyman: Because sometimes you need to make a giant mech that's half-Batman and half-Superman to punch that giant kryptonite meteor. And sometimes you have to merge Superman and Evil!Superman into an energy being to pilot a gigantic Superman mech to punch out an extra-dimensional vampire, but that's another card for another day. Maybe.

Token now gains Indestructible as well as the activated abilities, cut the keyword list, and the card has G in its costs now. Not entirely sure about that, but it did feel kinda weird for U to be making big creature tokens, even more after adding Indestructible.

Attached: Hiro Okamura Toyman3.jpg (375x523, 54K)

>Feels kind of mono U due to it having flying, but it's not so offensive it can't remain UG. If it was vigilance, reach, or trample I think it would fit the multicolor a lot cleaner.
Well, I added G because an X-cost creature really doesn't feel U. Anyway, Vigilance sounds good. Thanks.

I consider Xcreatures to fit in any color depending on how they interact with it.
R and G get pure X creatures, like ivy elemental, but something you've made fits U because it's essentially just a Magus of the Spell Pierce

Feel like I might as well post PG too. I'm glad I haven't touched this in a while, the frustration with having to deal with it is just gone now.

Attached: Karen Starr Power Girl2.jpg (375x523, 50K)

Any issues with this wording?

Attached: CG17 Chosen to Hunt.jpg (375x523, 51K)

Too complicated at common. Just stick a counter on it.

Balance help? Not sure how to make this fair in Storm whilst also being generally playable

Attached: Cram Session.png (375x523, 279K)

Sorry, can't help with balance. But I did want to point out that this reminds me a lot of the B cards that would shred through your library for a specific card. I actually think this might find itself being used as a pseudo-tutor in multicolor decks.

anybody know how to fix/update the color indicator?

Attached: Inconspicuous Radio.png (752x523, 543K)

Fuck, just noticed the frame should be gold

Fix? Nothing's wrong with it. Yeah, it looks kinda weird, but Wizards has provided no precedence for color indicators of three or more colors, so this is the best we can do for now.

Attached: m-656-284.jpg (450x313, 64K)

Forgot about that. You'll have to search for a template yourself. There are no "official" updates for MSE anymore, haven't been for years now. Sadly, it's basically vaporware. MTG.Design is nice, but it is very strict.

Hey where did you get the template you are using for that one?

Or more to the point. Could you please post a 'blank'?

Attached: Demonic Possession.jpg (744x1039, 164K)

Attached: Birds of a Feather.png (375x523, 245K)

You don't need the then. Agreed that it's more work than needed for the extra flavor gain.

Most of these are rather normal rares with legendary and partner slapped on for edh. UR is interesting, but it and UG are too cheap.

What use does the UR card have?

I'm using the M15 Doubleface Append. There's a ton of settings you can play around with in the style tab

magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/node/16227

Attached: DFCAppend2.png (1920x1040, 919K)

Attached: Gods.jpg (2232x1039, 851K)

They're pretty much mythic just because the official partners are mythic. Rare/mythic rare is more or less the same in commander products desu.

UB is priced the way it is not to overshadow Wydwen, and because having a limited Darksteel Mutation (against Mairsil, Krenko and such) in the command zone might be pretty backbreaking.

Good point about Council's Dilemma, never figured there was a clear distinction.

UR admittedly is the one I've handwaved the most - originally I wanted something with energy counter shenanigans to keep up with the Kaladesh theme, but that synergized terribly with the other partner commanders. The current idea was born from watching Vial Smasher spellslinger decks in EDH, especially the ones that feature lots of X spells. The base idea was that you can pitch the less optimal X spells for a situational dark ritual, but it also has some other uses, like if you're trying to rack up storm count, or for recycling targetted removal that's about to fizzle (or about to get countered).

Stonehewer isn't legendary and costs 3 mana more.

Is UG too cheap though? It has no built-in protection and needs to survive a turn rotation to give you CA.

>UB is priced the way it is
When did I mention price?

>Stonehewer isn't legendary and costs 3 mana more.
Guess I should've said "makes me want a legendary Stonehewer." As for cost, yeah, Stonehewer costs 3 more initially, plus it costs 2 mana just to activate the ability. But it doesn't need to sac an artifact, it can tutor any Equipment regardless of cost, and it allows you to Equip it the first time for free. It also has a better body by simple not dying to Bolt.

I get what you're going for, but these just feel boring. Just spells on legs that protect themselves.

Attached: Quiet Road.png (375x523, 276K)

>T: Add W.
This is going to bug the shit out of me forever.

Attached: Aether Siphon.jpg (375x523, 37K)

Are you guys interested in the design space of sagas?

They don't have much design space. You could probably word a card with Suspend 3 to get the same thing.

God these threads are so dead.

Attached: Minotaur Weaponmaster (1).jpg (744x1039, 251K)

Attached: Frenzypede.jpg (744x1039, 261K)

Black likes to use things other than mana as a resource (sac permanents, discard from hand, pay life, exile from your graveyard, etc.) so I always felt like it was the color of equivalent exchange.

Right was actually the original idea, then I decided to incorporate the "equal value" from the quote, and that resulted in the left card. I think I like the right more though. Let me know if either is busted, I'm not sure how to cost these.

Seems interesting. Flavor text is really off though. What's actually being said sounds like the snide comment made by someone observing from a distance, not someone seconds away from being mauled to death by a vicious insect.

Attached: download.jpg (750x523, 131K)

I plan on posting more again over break. Maybe it's just a busy time for most people.

My hard drive, then power supply, borked a while ago. My bad

Damn man, sorry to hear that. What happened?

The drive was just at the end of its lifespan and started failing hard, bought it maybe 5-6 years ago? Got a new drive and was trying to boot enough to get all my important shit (which was successful) when the fan in my power supply stopped spinning and then it stopped working completely.

And an few days ago I realized I installed 32bit instead of 64bit so I'm gonna have to reinstall my OS again.

So you were able to save your important stuff?

And... who are you? Sorry, can't tell because, you know, user.

That's gotta be COanon, if memory serves. He lost his hard drive a while back.

Yeah, got my MSE sets and everything. I'm not really 'known' around here? Mostly post rando cards. Uhhh I did the Xmas set a while back?

Nah, COanons cooler

Attached: Krampus the Naughty.full.png (375x523, 267K)

Would you play it? Is it broken? Did I delete and repost to fix a typo (yes)

Attached: Constructed Capital.jpg (375x523, 43K)

Maybe doing some homebrew for a Veeky Forums block would liven things up?

>That's gotta be COanon
You just made my day. Nah, apparently hard drive failures are just a thing with old PC's. Who knew? (Though what I didn't know was that upgrading to Windows 10 fucked my graphics drivers, so I had to search for a workaround for that until I could play some of my Steam games again.)

Random cards are fine. I've saved quite a few random cards made by anons. I do remember the Xmas set though. Seemed like you were still having problems getting the core mechanics down.

>card
You shouldn't use X to refer to two different things unless they're mutually exclusive (eg. Decree of Justice). As for the abilities, I'm not really a fan because they give a choice to the opponent. They might be better than I'm giving them credit for though, dunno. As for the ult, that could actually work by just exiling the cards facedown and letting you look at and cast them. Though on the other hand, Jace, Architect of Thought has a better version of that ult for one more loyalty counter and one more mana, plus he starts with more loyalty counters. But again, I could be reading this wrong.

What's the downside here? No, really, I don't see how the end the turn effect is really a downside here.

I was thinking of a Veeky Forums core set a while ago. But I'm kinda busy right now trying to pass my programming class. Sorry.

Attached: Barry Allen the Flash2.jpg (375x523, 52K)

Do you prefer to find art then make a card around it or make a card then find art that fits it?

Attached: Eldritch Soulbond.jpg (744x1039, 217K)

I want to post more but I'm creatively bankrupt at the moment. I guess I could post feedback but that makes me want to make cards, and if I can't think of anything to make I get frustrated and go do something else.

Yes. Honestly I do both.

I'd like to get in on that but the planning stage would be a nightmare. Can you imagine even 5 people trying to agree on aesthetic, mechanics, and all that?

>What's the downside

Deckbuilding restriction. Aggro and midrange can't use it to immediately cast creatures, while control, burn, and maybe some combo that plays at instant speed would make love to it. Its for instant speed decks what Cavern of Souls is for Tribal decks and Ancient Ziggurat is to any creature based deck.

Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d6)

>Can you imagine even 5 people trying to agree on aesthetic, mechanics, and all that?
Could just roll for it. 12 gets to decide how many factions in the block.

Rolled 6, 2 = 8 (2d6)

Three factions

i like it but at that cost why not just run a demon
always like seeing flying matters
why
it's pretty broken, its better than a land that enters tapped and gives it any colour

Rolled 3, 4 = 7 (2d6)

Five factions

A lot of cards I make don't even have art. It's just not that important to me honestly. But sometimes I'll get inspired by the art and make a card from that. That's how I got this guy.

This is why I think core set is the way to go. You could have completely clashing aesthetics, and you could wave it away by saying the cards are from different planes. M13 had cards for Ravnica, Innistrad, Alara, Zendikar, and Dominaria.

>why
Why not?

>i like it but at that cost why not just run a demon
It's Mind Control in B. What Demon does that?

Attached: 1487095239282.jpg (375x523, 41K)

Rolled 2, 6 = 8 (2d6)

eight factions

How many different colors should a land with just "Other lands you control enter the battlefield tapped." tap for?

I want to do more than make this a 'cute gimmick', but shrug? This look halfway okay?

Attached: Dog Palindromic.png (375x523, 275K)

I'd say just two, but I'm an asshole.

>untapped for your opponents turn
>can be used to skip undesirable end step triggers
maybe if it entered tapped?

Rolled 5, 6 = 11 (2d6)

Six factions!

Attached: 36878965456325.png (232x235, 82K)

how'd i do?

Attached: 1521683914497834.png (375x524, 215K)

Attached: Air Time.png (375x523, 272K)

It has the hallmarks of an unhinged card, where it's all joke text and no mechanics.

Hey, so I just found this on a text file on my computer. I was planning on making a set a long ass time ago but gave up for some reason. I was thinking about picking it up again and actually making the cards this time. Any thoughts on this skelleton?

42 White
42 Blue
42 Black
42 Red
42 Green
40 Multicolor
14 Artifact
20 Lands
20 Basic Lands
306 Total
88 Rares
88 Uncommons
110 Common
20 Basic Land

Creatures:
White 27
Blue 22
Black 23
Red 24
Green 25
Multicolor 5
Artifacts 5
Total: 131/306

Instants:
White 7
Blue 10
Black 2
Red 7
Green 4
Multicolor 10
Total: 40/306

Sorceries:
White 10
Blue 8
Black 11
Red 10
Green 5
Total: 44/306
Enchantments:
White 7
Blue 6
Black 7
Red 6
Green 8
Multicolor 2
Total: 36/306

Atifacts:
Atifact 14

Lands:
Non Basic Land 20

Planeswalkers:
Blue 1
Total: 1

Your numbers don't add up.

Too many Rares, too few Uncommons. It'd draft like ass.

Holy shit, you're right. I think I fucked up the Enchatments or something. Will have to work on that.

Makes sense. Would you recommend going with around 70 or so rares then? (I think I included Mythics in rares, don't really recall)

Attached: Race Fast.png (523x375, 310K)

Maybe have the kicker require you to exile cards too? That way Storm wouldn't get as much of an advantage when trying to do the Past in Flames kill. Or, change to normal kicker and require that you discard your entire hand in one go but then you exile that many additional cards. And that helps negate a uberkill from Ad Nauseam.

Most sets these days have ~ 65-70 or so rares assuming you're adding Rares and Mythic Rares together, so yeah, that's a better number overall.

>Core set
That could help but you'd still need to have some kind of thematic tie or else it'd just feel like a cube.

>some kind of thematic tie
Since when?

Like, it doesn't have to be a unifying theme, but something like the "Soul of" cards they did. That kind of thing. The stuff that makes it feel like a set and not a cube.

Oh, you mean a cycle. Yeah, cycles are cool. I'd actually like to see a thematic cycle like Bogbrew Witch. Functional and flavorful. Stuff like the Empires cycle is OK, but they're just not thematically interesting.

Had an idea for a core set cycle. An entire court of characters, each one with an ability that gets better by having one of the allied-color cards out as well. Wanted to go for a tripling of ability, but unfortunately that kinda fell apart at Jester.

First draft, so balance might suck.

Attached: Court.jpg (1875x523, 314K)

I like. Speaking of courts, I think I might make a faux "Return to Lorwyn" set now.

Also, the text of Court Mage mentions a Court Advisor. Is that supposed to be Court Assassin instead?

Yeah, that sort of stuff. It just helps make the mess of cards that might otherwise just seem... well, like a mess of cards.

These are really cool. I like cards that reference each other like this, and it's a nice, loose cycle that has plenty of draft wiggle room for color comp.

These need to be common and/or weaker. On their own they are fairly decent creatures and will get drafted early regardless of synergy, and there are not many of them in the pool so its unlikely you can get multiple.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad these cards turned out well. Yeah, Mage should say Assassin. Advisor was the name of the W one until I realized I couldn't really think of a W mechanic that fit, so I changed it to Chaplain. Will push rarity down to common.

Attached: Todd Howard.png (744x1039, 739K)

Attached: Cosplay.png (744x1039, 499K)

Just realized I also forgot to change Chaplain's type to Cleric. Will fix later.

obligatory counterspell that i'm still not sure is worded properly.

herp

Attached: Radiant Refusal.jpg (375x523, 47K)