/edhg/ Elder Dragon Highlander/Commander General

Round and round we go Edition

Last time on /edhg/: RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
Whats the shittiest commander you still want to build/have built?

Attached: download.jpg (190x265, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fright-milk-fight-with-the-power-of-a-scarecrow/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-02-18-a-rose-by-any-other-name/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sexiest-man-in-magic-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-boros-deck-that-doesnt-attack-rw-combo/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/signature-spellbook-jace-packaging-and-contents-2018-03-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Whats the shittiest commander you still want to build/have built?

Daxos of Meletis

last try for this, hopefully i'll get more responses because it is early in the thread. i'm trying to build an artifact combo deck focused on reaper king. i mostly want to stick to artifact scarecrows and to stay away from changelings, but i can make exceptions if the argument is strong enough. anyone have any suggestions? it's not looking to be cEDH, but i definitely don't want it to be a weak deck. thoughts/suggestions?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fright-milk-fight-with-the-power-of-a-scarecrow/

Attached: The Reaper King.jpg (1121x800, 353K)

clones are good filler and have utility outside of being another scarecrow

supplant form is an Excellent tempo spell and you can cast it on your own dudes in a pinch for 2 extra etbs

I want to build this

Attached: 1520472455680.png (1162x850, 1.68M)

I tried werewolf tribal with Ulrich at the helm. That didn't work so I tried Xenagos as my general and that didn't work either but I loved werewolves too much to take it apart for the longest time so I just called it Whywolves and threw it at people with unmodified precons so they'd have a fighting chance.

i might try supplant form, it seems slow/expensive, but it might be better than i anticipate. i might throw a phantasmal image in, but otherwise i'd like to stay away from clones as well.

>TQ
Soldier Tribal jank. I have nearly all the cards but I know it'll be ass.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-02-18-a-rose-by-any-other-name/

Alright, rank my Elenda deck. Really tear into it. Go for the throat. Let my pure obsidian skinned waifu she’s being wasted.

Attached: 613ED14B-157F-4F1A-A74D-F55EB379CD33.jpg (920x668, 187K)

Consider Second Sunrise and Faith's Reward

Get a Sun Titan & Loyal Retainers

Sort of new to MTG as a whole and was wondering if they were ever going to reprint doubling season? I thought it might have a chance in the modern 25set but apparently not.

Apologies if this is not the correct thread. I could not find a MTG general.

Cheers.

It's reprinting would cause a rise in Superfriends (Planeswalker-based) decks so I for one welcome it's absence from any recent set.

They haven't said it won't be, it's not on the reserved list, and it's both pricy and in demand so it'll sell packs. They'll reprint it eventually. Just don't expect it to go down too significantly. It'll probably be $30 after a reprint at rare, more at mythic.

What would you recommend replacing with Faith’s Reward?

I had left out Sun Titan because it can’t get back Elenda. But now that I think about it, it’s still probably a better choice that Bishop of Rebirth because it can grab non-creature permanents. Thanks.

The gay pirate.

Attached: leg-251-ramirez-depietro.jpg (672x936, 319K)

should i replace patriarch's bidding with second sunrise or faith's reward?

Guys where the FUCK is my Eldrazi Monument I can't find it.

Also when are we gonna get a Jund Wort.

when there is the inevitable return to lorwin/shadowmoor but it's a new plane with both day and night sides of the plane melded into one.
>inb4 maro has said that there is a very low chance of going back because players didn't like it and they like all of their sets having humans
wizards increased connectivity with the community is changing that, mark my words. and by melding the planes they aren't technically going back, because it's a new world.

>they like to have humans on every plane
I wish they didn't, honestly. Having a plane too dangerous for ordinary humans could lead to a good adventure-like feel.

Uh, any mardu commander. I just hate that color combination. Every time I build one of those decks, I goldfish it twice and tear it apart.

Also, anyone have a decent list for a Tasigur villainous wealth deck?

did you ever ask his age?

One day we'll get out real ww commander.
One day.

Attached: 1512567058447.png (633x758, 293K)

>thread question

Attached: 1520819554551.png (480x700, 844K)

>they like all of their sets having humans
Magic is not magical anymore

>Had all my decks stolen from my trunk two years ago
>Finally worked up the motivation to start playing again and build a new deck.
What should my new deck be? I had competitive newzuri, gay kangs hyper ramp, and very flavorful Queen Marchesa politics.

What is best spice for Marrow Gnawer and 30 relentless rats. Looking for more jank like throne of tarkir. Weaker stuff because I already run demonic tutor and thrumming stone and thornbite staff. I have a 20$ budget.

Attached: IMG_26032017_210937_0.png (900x631, 175K)

Grand theft gonti

Fun fact. The only cards that have good art and good rules are monocolored. If a player is using a multicolored commander which has good art then his deck is 99% likely to be generic good stuff.

atraxa
>people think shes good
wew

we did this 3 threads ago and you were proven wrong
plz stop

Nobody proved me wrong

Kefnet Clad For War.

k

Play Soul Foundry/Mimic Vat and all the rats that make opponents discard when they come in.
Also Rats of Rath is a really dumb card but gets really fun with Spine of Ish Sah
Patron of the Nezumi is very nice.
Overall, if you include a rat, try to have it actually do something instead of just be a dumb body that happens to be a rat. That's why I eventually stopped playing the Relentless Rats plan.

>which has good art
thats extremely subjective, to the point where if someone proved you wrong you would just say the arts not good
i know because we went down this road before

Didn't some minuscule percentage of the current player base play during Lorwyn/Shadowmoor? I remember hating on the swamps and planeswalkers but loved the concept of the plane itself.

Post a counter example and I will tell you why it is boring mechanically or artistically with a perfectly valid explanation.

yeah were not doing that

I want to convert my mono black deck
>evens: Kambal
>odds: Tsavo

Attached: 1509677051089.jpg (960x768, 336K)

>>evens: Kambal
nice!

Then you can't and never will prove me wrong.

Should I convert my Meren deck into Glissa or Savra? Which one is more fun for the table?

Not him, and not even agreeing with him, since there are multicolored cards with good art. But there are some objective ways to judge art, like composition, use of color theory, framing, angle, proportion, brush/line style, etc.

Taste is subjective, but how well something was made is not that much.

I want to build Tajic, any tips besides the usual boros stuff and soldiers?

Attached: dgm-107-tajic-blade-of-the-legion.jpg (672x936, 267K)

Glissa is a quite different deck, but Savra is a tad slower than Meren in my experience, mostly due to not being able to shit creatures back every turn.

I've tried Savra before and it either got going and destroyed the table or just did next to nothing. I haven't tried Glissa yet, or even an artifact deck, but aren't those more expensive?

There can only be one.

Attached: veldrane.jpg (312x445, 57K)

Actually maybe I make it a Jarad deck

Butcher of Malakir
Debtors' Knell
Dictate of Erebos
Dread
Fleshbag Marauder
Grave Pact
Merciless Executioner
Necromantic Selection
No Mercy
Slum Reaper

Attached: debtorsknell.jpg (312x445, 54K)

SEXIEST MAN IN MAGIC!
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sexiest-man-in-magic-1/

I built Skeleton Ship before Atraxa was ever spoiled.

I still play him as my main proliferate deck because fuck the police.

>obsidian skinned
>Elenda

Attached: download (2).png (1188x785, 825K)

lots of boardwipes and armageddon
it can be zergo without black if you want it to

Every day I'm more firmly convinced wotc has no idea what they're doing

How do you figure? He seems to really want tokens.

cause hes indestructible
duh
slap some equipment on him and go to down the +5/+5 is a pipe dream, but you can add some walkers and assemble the legion to give him some tokens too.

Consider tossing in a Skeleton Shard for consistency.

They have already reprinted it in a Masters set, so it's not too unlikely it will see print again.

I was going to recommend Swarmyard but you probably at least know about it already, plus apparently it's somewhat pricey. Hmm... Vanquisher's Banner? Sadistic Hypnotist? Looking at Edhrec, I'm not surprised that I'm far from the first person to think of those.

Artifact decks are pretty expensive, but Glissa is one of the exceptions, since artifacts that wants to go the grave aren't that expensive. With spellbombs, capsules, and stuff like Neyvinrral/boiler, you can keep the board clean. Wellsprings and simulacrum gives you all the resources you will need.
As for win conditions, you can either combo people out by softlocking them, cheese a Vraska, or just hit face big time with stuff like Wurmcoil, Metalwork Colossus, Blightsteel Colossus, etc.

>the +5/+5 is a pipe dream
yeah most of the time but you can put some other indestructible creatures in there too it only takes a total of 3 creatures to get him to 7/7
also you need haste outlets, in this deck. trust me.

Stuffy Doll combos
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-boros-deck-that-doesnt-attack-rw-combo/

cool, maybe I'll build a budget Glissa then, thanks user

lol this card exists

Attached: Image (3).png (223x311, 120K)

Somebody in a recent thread mentioned wanting new partner commanders and I remembered I've made this a while ago. Would you play any of these?

Attached: 12partner.png (1875x1046, 2.6M)

wow not only is that a custom card, its 10 custom cards
and not only is it 10 custom cards but 10 custom partners
not only is it 10 custom partners but the picture is labeled 12partner
fucking hell bro

Attached: 1459352632195.gif (359x202, 1.37M)

I'd play sengir if it cost less mana. Imo it's overpriced.

A few of those would work well as commanders on their own. I normally condemn CaC shittery posted outside of the designated containment threads, but some of these are actually decently designed. Would play:
>Sandor
>Olvis Vond
>Kyrile
>Avaati
Would play Shagraff if the Bestow cost was lower.

No. They all look boring and they're all Partners, which are still a mistake.

I'd call most boring, but some of those hit on interesting or at least underused design space. I agree about the partner bit though. Remove partner and make them cool legends on their own.

First, you're going to get better responses if you post them here Second, I'd probably play Kyrile.

BG
Legendary Creature - Ape
Harem - if this card is your commander, you may have any number of additional commanders provided the additional commanders are all white.
Sacrifice a white creature: double ~'s power and toughness.

My friend who's been playing then longest keeps telling my group that mana dorks in EDH are always useless, and I've been trying to argue that they make your turn and future turns more efficient and also provide and early blocker but they're pretty much convinced that they're always garbage.

I'm not wrong am I? There's definitely a place for dorks in EDH?

>user keeps posting his ccg shit

Attached: 1470625824833.jpg (350x524, 26K)

GW
Legendary Elf
pay x mana make x 1/1 elves with plainswalk
if an elf would enter the battlefield under your control sacrifice a land

Conspiracy and Arcane Adaptation are two cards that you should definitely use.

they sound retarded user

Just beat the shit out of them with elves or selvala.

>There's definitely a place for dorks in EDH?
yes but getting btfo'd by boardwipes feels bad, gotta plan for it

>always useless
Pretty false. Mana rocks that don't die to wrath of god are generally better, but if you don't have the budget for Mana Vault/Mana Crypt, Bird of Paradise and Somberwald Sage are good budget options.

I do prefer dorks over spell-based ramp imo. You can do much more fun things untapping creatures that make mana than with lands, specially outside U

paradoxengine.dek
why build anything else
the singularity has come and its as boring as expected

>Paradox Engine is a more defensive card. I figured that I could battle, cast something, and untap my creatures for blocking. Sure, there could be some silliness with Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, but in general, nothing broken.
t.sheldon
this format is fucked between the morons in charge and wizards constantly fucking with the command zone

What about creatures that untap lands?
I'm really glad I got my Lotus Vale before Blood Sun got revealed.

Attached: Fin.jpg (1308x890, 521K)

What's the worst threat assessment you've ever witnessed in a commander game?

Well, I'm a spike at heart, so I don't mind seeing the same cards between decks if they are good and work for what they are intended.

Snowflake decks are for timmys

They are good if you have a good justification for them, like Nykthos of Gaea's Cradle

then why play edh at all?

I'll take that bait

Attached: file.png (684x920, 1.16M)

Because cEDH is fun if you play with other cEDH players

mana drain is a fair card right? i mean it feels fucking awful when you get countered on turn 3 and the blue player throws an eldrazi back at you but it should still remain legal right?

>I just hate that color combination
>I hate blowing up everything on the field

But why?

if you say so
ive not had the same experience as much as I liked my selvala decks it got boring really fast

Attached: 1521559385943.png (265x370, 190K)

Who is that supposed to be in the foreground?

The MC of Goblin Slayer, edgy manga about a dude obsessed with slaying goblins

Fair? No. It's part of the early weirdness where they didn't know how to cost things. Like somehow, multiple colors means it should cost much more. But it should remain legal, unless they wanna ban Sol Ring and the like too.

what is that
i like the border

Some supplemental bullshit

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/signature-spellbook-jace-packaging-and-contents-2018-03-20

I had nothing on the table but a dork (mull to 6, pretty mediocre hand) and the Xenagod player had a really aggressive start and was bashing people for 10+ a turn by like turn 4, and the other guy at the table (mono-red Neheb) decided to kill me, despite the fact that the Xenagod player was open and tapped out at the time. When I asked why, he stated that it was because I countered his Aggravated Assault earlier in the game and clearly the threat of me countering any of his stuff was greater than the threat the Xenagod player presented. The Xenagod player literally killed him the turn after because he was able to resolve a Blightsteel Colossus, and he killed the other dude at the table the turn after.

>new art for Gifts Ungiven

0/10 would not reccomend