It's an "Novice tries to create his own PnP RPG system and fails miserably at it" episode

>It's an "Novice tries to create his own PnP RPG system and fails miserably at it" episode

Attached: DYqOho7VQAATDm1.jpg (1024x768, 126K)

Attached: DYqOhpHV4AAvPsp.jpg (1024x768, 140K)

Attached: DYqOho1UQAExz_f.jpg (1024x768, 129K)

Attached: DYqOhozV4AAxJNc.jpg (1024x768, 127K)

Why did you take pictures of your computer you fucking Negroid

Can't wait for Deadfire desu senpai

then just print as pdf

are you fucking 12?

Those are photos from twitter of Josh Sawyer, designer of Pillars of Eternity. PoE had a rules for tabletop version of the game as one of the rewards for their crowdfunding campaign.
OP is just an autistic child from /v/ who loves to shitpost about PoE.

Why would people complain about Pillars of Eternity? Its a great game.

I don't know about the quality but its not like this is Sawyer's first RPG

/v/ is full of plebs. PoE is indeed a great game. And I like the setting too, even if it's very derivative of Forgotten Realms, so I'm interested in this.

It certainly has some objective issues, but active complaining is mostly just mindless shitposting in style of "Muh gods are not real", "Muh female portraits aren't attractive", "Muh how can they keep up with delaying", "Muh SJW writing", etc. It's just usual /v/ full of horny teenagers and fanatical weebs.

The patchy voice acting triggers me to no end. Having half a conversation voiced and the other not just seems like such a retarded move.

>Q: Do you plan on making voice-overs for most of the dialogue in the game?
>Avellone: We plan on doing what most of the BG and IWD series did and only have limited VO for NPCs and companions. We don’t want to do a fully voiced game, as that comes with a number of technical hurdles that limit iteration, and that’s one of the things we wanted to do differently with this project… the ability to make a larger range of reactive text (like we did with New Reno in Fallout 2, for example – the only limit to this kind of reactivity is the cost for VO and localization). Limiting the VO also allows for any necessary changes during the final months of a project without the huge costs involved with altering VO and doing pick-ups.
However, I'm pretty sure Chris said at some expo after the release of PoE that they should have done either full VO or none VO. So, you're somewhat right.

Also as an additional little rant, if you're going to do a VO, get more, cheaper voice actors. When it gets to the point that my party is running around with 4 Matt Mercers all chatting to eachother it damages the immersion a tad.

Have they said what the plan is for PoE 2?

They only said that they have plenty more voice acting. Around double the amount compared to the original. Pretty sure it's still not fully voiced.

>When it gets to the point that my party is running around with 4 Matt Mercers all chatting to eachother it damages the immersion a tad.
Im-Merc-ion.

You should try reading the dialogue instead of skipping straight to combat, It's pretty fucking awful.

>Muh Immersion
Has there been a bigger meme?

The Bible comes to mind, but there's a ton of ideas with more spread than RPG concepts.

If anything the issue with PoE is that its inconsistent as all fuck in every aspect. There are stages of great combat. There are stages of absolutely atrocious combat. Great maps, bad maps. Great writing and absolutely fucking terrible writing.

It's pretty obvious who wrote what companions based on their quality aswell. But mostly really its something like at some point the dialogue will be super reactive and other times you'll be adding Pallegina to the party, playing a PC whose background is being a Godsent and Merchant from the Aedyr Empire, and Pallegina will explain to you what Godsent are and how Merchants in the Aedyr Empire do business, with absolutely no prompts or reactions whatsoever and talking shit about them to your face.

Inconsistent, basically. Feels like the kickstarter plague to be honest. All in all I actually prefer Tyranny over it in nearly every aspect, but especially combat, and I don't put either on the level of the classic FR ones.

>All in all I actually prefer Tyranny over it in nearly every aspect, but especially combat
You have got to be shitting me. Tyranny's cooldown casual crap is way worse. That writing is straight out of a YA novel.