/40kg/

Tau waifu edition

>Sautekh preview, Tomb Blades are finally usable
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/19/preview-the-sautekh-dynasty-tomb-blades-and-the-catacomb-command-bargegw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=433TfpTq0wM [Open]

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Tau Codex:
Epub
mega.nz/#!M8Fi0CaI!sk5MB-ZX9GAO8iNACYAue2MF4OmTi3xT_Q4zLXGVQvA
PDF
mega.nz/#!AbQG0CbA!RhIyj5eq1SUXx7m0oaDKVPhTfw5h6ibYQ0mSZRCGPTA

Attached: fish.png (797x871, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLJ8PhZlso8
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/753204.page
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for

2nd for wait till page 10 next time

Soon

Attached: Rak'Gol.jpg (289x321, 40K)

So, what do you think of this list.
How would you cope?

Attached: tau.png (676x2299, 92K)

Any tips for Chaos Gate? Just got it installed, in working order and accidently set my sergent on fire trying to get into the cultist base.

Alcohol probably, it's what I use to cope with most things.

So hypothetically, if Imperial guard were to get their own triple A-style First Person Shooter game, what iconic Warhammer 40,000 weapons should be included?

Attached: 6B2ACB3E-E99C-490E-A680-6F137E5B35AC.png (644x856, 1000K)

>Imperial guard 1st person shooter
If this isn't a
>you have a lasgun, run into the enemy, die, and immediately get control of a new guy, rinse repeat ad naseum
The game will be shit, and the weapon selection would not be worth mentioning.

It just wouldn't work in any sensible way. Better make an inquisitor'ish game where you fight humans who has fallen. IG will either make no sense, or play like a shitty battlefield game.

So...helldivers?

>new thread
>all posts are namefags
What do?

>Horus did 9/11

Attached: 1517605818001.jpg (2448x3264, 774K)

*Blocks your path*

Attached: C626A418-C078-4077-850D-0B0A98E61F83.jpg (617x901, 285K)

They can be stormtroopers to be relevant

*Does 9/11*

Attached: 1521261352175.jpg (1354x1552, 194K)

>Namefags
Tempestus Scionanon is not namefagging

What about a SW battlefront 2 style game?
The campaign format would fit 40k very well.

>Double lifespan
>Now lives for 20 minutes
Woo fucking hoo.

Take your HFY wank elsewhere. It does not belong in 40k.

I just finished reading dead men walking and i have to say that it was nowhere as good as 15 hours.
Does Veeky Forums only like it because Gunthar got cucked?

What does Melta actually look like when you fire it?

Attached: Meltagun.jpg (300x147, 17K)

Expand your filter list.

>HFY
>not belonging in 40k

Attached: c8c.jpg (890x890, 312K)

>lasguns
OK against armor, long range but no scope on anything but longlas ver.
>autoguns
Faster firing, shorter range and worse vs armor.
>Boltguns
Very high damage, very high recoil, not accurate at long ranges unless upgeaded.
>Chainswords
3 button melee system. Four directional attack/block and a shove/shoot pistol button.

Unsure about what else you could toss in there. Aside from shotguns, of course.

Attached: 1453091236425.jpg (712x922, 229K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLJ8PhZlso8

Attached: melta-beam.jpg (1216x1132, 807K)

Yeah, against other humans. And then you might as well play battlefront or battlefield.

Against orks, nids, or whatever other races you want included, they would not have a snowballs chance in hell without massively outnumbering them. And I would rather not have to suffer through a thousand random assholes in my games.

>The setting where the average human soldier is expected to die within an hour in his first real fight.
>HFY
This is a muhreen setting, where superior godlike beings save the day every single time. The IG are there to make the muhreen look better.

*Biles your path*

Attached: images(5).jpg (545x563, 33K)

It worked for tau.

Attached: Fire_Warrior_Coverart.jpg (588x722, 136K)

Tomb Blades ride soon!

>tfw you will never play a Duke Nukem like starring Colonel Iron "Thot" Hand Straken.
>tfw you'll never bitchslap Xenos scum
>tfw you'll never summarily execute a retreating soldier while ripping out a bug's intestines
>tfw will never be the emperor's finest

Why live?

Attached: 1521003851942.jpg (600x631, 37K)

meltaguns were described in the 3rd edition rulebook as being extremely thin, concentrated jets of flame, and they're mentioned to produce no noise during operation whatsoever, save for the noise of something being fucked up by it

>Tau superiority intensifies
To be fair, that game was pure, undiluted fluff rape.

>what are plasmaguns
>what are meltaguns
>what are grenade launchers
>what are flamers
>what are sniper rifles

And those are just human weapons. Grab a shuriken catapult, the commissar isn't watching.

>The entirety of Catachan
>Not HFY
Yup, totally

Plasma guns, best overall but if they overheat they do severe damage to you

It not making any sound is retarded, it's basically the industrialized, weaponized version of a welding rig. It'd make a fwoosh sound as the material being turned into the flaming hot stream is released. Not loud but not silent.

I don't know is warp fuckery really fluff rape, because that was the explanation for everything. In the book at least.

He was empowered by Khorne to fuck up shit. The novel goes into deeper detail, but the front cover alone should clue in even the densest of motherfuckers playing that game.

past few threads in a nutshell

Attached: we are all tempestus scionanon.png (599x570, 785K)

Have you never played an FPS?

It has been great.

If you owned this list, what would you trade / get rid of and what would you buy for it?

Don't think you'll get much for that...

Reposted from the previous thread cause it died.

My dudes are a fleet based chapter, and often operate as independent demi and battle companies, far beyond the Emperor's light. As such, while they generally follow the company set up from the holy space book, they don't really have any 'reserve' companies, just 10ish motley battle companies, with a squad or 2 of veterans recruited from the company's ranks.
As the patrol fleets go about their business, how big would their scout/initiate detachments be? Since the chapter doesn't have a dedicated scout company of about 100 scouts, and each company is responsible for their own replacements, the overall number would be higher, correct? Given regular levels of recruitment and attrition, of course.

>If you owned this list, what would you trade / get rid of and what would you buy for it?

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/753204.page

worked is a strong word

>"ITS QUIET"

>excuse me Shas'la what are you doing with the Gue'las skulls
>BLOOD FOR THE GREATER GOOD
>ok carry on

Not him, but while the warp fuckery explains his success where it should not have realistically been possible, the game fails to adhere to basic fluff when showing a lot of things in this game. Like a lasgun lacking a bigger punch than pulse weapons. I realize your start weapon is not supposed to be superior to all future weapons you get, but one of the most powerful weapons you get is a bolter, which should literally be worse than the Pulse Rifle/Carbine in every single way possible.

Good for the Blood God?

>It is okay, well just need the other races and make them act like humans, fuck fluff right

>BLOOD FOR THE GREATER GOOD
>SKULLS FOR THE SUPREME LEADER AUN'VA

>It is okay, well just need the other races and make them act like humans, fuck fluff right
>8th edition in a nutshell

Buy Leman Russes.

The Cain books often mention a fwoosh sound, iirc, as well as super bright flash.

No amount of skill will make a fight between a lasgun IG and a Chaos Space Marine with a boltgun even remotely close.

>Mfw I am converting up a Tau faction who were supposed to worship "the Greater Bad"
I like this idea. Might steal it. Mine is shit.b

And yet the glorious Imperial Guardsman is the most cost effective way ij game to take down Warlord Titans.

When in doubt affix bayonets.

The fuck does warlord titans have to do with this discussion?

>Kasrkinanon

FUCK now we have multiple personality disorder AND one of them is a hipster. Great. As if being part of Tempestus Scionanon's fractured identity wasn't hard enough.

The guardsmen can kill titans the CSM can't.

Any tips?

Attached: 746.jpg (588x775, 82K)

You can't stop me you may have discontinued my minatures but I'll live on forever

>CSM: I'LL STOMP YOU TO DEATH AND FEAST ON YOUR CARCASS!
>IGcuck: O.. okay, but can you kill a warlord titan?
>CSM: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>*Unintelligible screams of pain and agony as the IGcuck is torn apart*
The Chaos Marine will AT BEST laugh that the imperials warlord titans can be taken down by their own lowly grunts, right before stomping them to death.

>Stormtroopers only live for 20min
>Take your HFY wank elsewhere. It doesn't belong in 40k.

First of all it very much does, not that a game about Stormtroopers would have to be HFY, and Stormtroopers frequently survive pretty long.

From what i remember from the last time I played it the game is a complete and utter buggy mess.

Looks like you're fucked.

A kotor style dark heresy game would be pretty awesome

I've managed to get it working with no stuttering, sound or display issues, so I think I'm good so far.

>muh death rates

Meanwhile, many cadian regiments survive long enough, perfectly intact, to muster out of the guard and colonize newly conquered planets

Have you lit some incense and prayed to the machine spirits?

>IGcuck

>We are releasing a new game!
>Astra Military: Cucktroopers
>Experience firsthand the battle as seen through the eyes of a stormtrooper. The most difficult game of the century, with the mandatory ending where you watch as all your hard fought effort is rendered invalid by the superior actions and charisma of the Space Marines(TM).
>Subscribe to the season pass to get access to the Space Marine(tm) campaign coming this fall, where you get to finally play as the real deal, and see he irrelevant your actions where.

That is because they generally never face any actual combat, or the combat is purely a few heretics or Tau/random alien civilians.

I'd mortal wound the fuck out of those riptides.

>CSM:ok time for battle
>Chaos Lord: Sorry buddy but gonna have to leave you behind
>CSM: Why
>Chaos Lord: Well the cultists just perform better overall and the imperial guard has us out gunned and out numbered and we need to even the playing field you understand
>Chaos Lord: Don't be sad though there are some rubrics over there you can play with.

>Cheesing against 8th ed r.i.p.tides
I bet you also cheesed against greentide lists in 7th.

>dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/753204.page
All the marine shit.

This post has the Tempestus Scionanon seal of approval.

Attached: 1521499103462.png (521x350, 175K)

You realize the discussion is about an IG FPS, right?

>tfw T'au just becomes Imperial Guard for weebs

Attached: 1519317027974.png (206x369, 66K)

It is literally a write of conquest. As in, the regiment fought for so long, and ended up successfully claiming a planet, so they moved in as a reward for their duty

Ok remember that time a single firewarror killed an entire chaos invasion and hundreds of CSM on his own do that but with a guardsmen.

I dissaprove of this post.

This is a pretty sad truth.
>tfw Chaos and T'au both just become infantry-spam Guard

Attached: 1ae6ee45.jpg (964x964, 103K)

Don't forget killing an undivided Lord of Change.

How should I paint my Tempestus Scions?

See

You and I are enemies now.

Attached: 1521234630719.png (680x887, 1.08M)

>a tau can be empowered by khorne
>can't do an FPS about a human who is more susceptible to the warp because....

red

As much as this is just bait, it could work if you played an Afriel Strain soldier.

Don't listen to this fag pick blue, paint them like Ultramarines but smol.

Tau are the Old Ones reborn
Sigmar and Omegon are the lost primarchs (see photo)
The Emperor deliberately caused certain primarchs to fall to Chaos
Orks are the rightful inheritors of the galaxy
Deathwatch is the best chapter
Lorgar is the true villain of 40K
Pariahs were the best thing about Necrons
Primaris Marines were a mistake
Your dudes > Canon Dude. Always.

Attached: sigma.png (1366x688, 553K)

>Not measuring efficiency in warlord removal
Casual

Flecktarn

Attached: 030A2721-2265-49D4-97D8-F9302308CBCD.jpg (640x480, 65K)

but what color is the trim?

fuck off me

So be it.

I do mine in grey and brown.

Attached: 66a[1].jpg (733x798, 82K)