Magic - Jace Packaging and Contents

Do YOU like JACE?

What if we gave you even more JACE?

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/signature-spellbook-jace-packaging-and-contents-2018-03-20

Attached: d3piESj2ib.png (450x610, 245K)

Attached: en_nnIqHvexiR.png (265x370, 149K)

Attached: en_J3sKHyxiv4.png (265x370, 166K)

Attached: en_qUiLTDnZ7D.png (265x370, 154K)

>Mystical Tutor reprint
>Gifts Ungiven reprint
Neat.

>that weird ass border
>white mana symbols
no sir, I don't like it.

I not a big fan of these fucking card frames.

That said, what's the MSRP for this?

Does anyone actually like Jace?
I doubt he's the most popular planeswalker.

Attached: 1459379955938.jpg (478x689, 161K)

Can you target more than one player with Jace's ult now?

Attached: en_iEOuZfLSG5.png (265x370, 190K)

I'm pretty sure Jace is popular among 15 year old edgi bois in high school.

"muh pseudo intelligence, 200IQ. so smart nobody understands me at all" is pretty much Jace's character.

Twenny dorra.

Some of the artwork for these are just awful. The negate doesn't fit the card and looks retarded.

I don't get why they're still pushing edgy Jace when Pirate Jace is way better.

Soon you will be able to play whole decks where no card has the same frame or art.

Fuck yes! I love Jace. I started playing Jace the Gathering so that I could pretend to be a Jace. Having art of Jace on all my cards helps me become more immersed in this wonderful world of Jace the Gathering where I too can collect Jace cards and pretend to be Jace. The central appeal of this twenty five year old card game is pretending to be a Jace and it is encouraging to see JotC continue to realize this simple but absolute truth. Thank you, Jaces of the Coast! Chandra

Who's getting a spellbook next?
Who SHOULD get one?

Nicol Bolas will get one.
Chandra will get one.

Maybe one of the Dominaria crew, like Karn. Then they'll drop the line due to lack of sales.

It'd be cool if they did a black/blue one for Tezzeret or something.

>Should
NICOL BOLAS
>Will
Lili or Chandra. They'll probably one for all the gaywatch

>Signature Spellbook - Liliana
>Liliana Vess, Dark Ritual, Demonic Tutor, Thoughtseize, Entomb, Necromancy, Doom Blade, Damnation

Nah, this shit's cheap enough that they only have to include one or two moderate value cards for it to be worth it. People are gonna buy this thing who don't even care about the aesthetics just for Gifts and Tutors.

Tibalt
It's got 39 copies of Browbeat and one copy of Ember Shot

>sexy Liliana art spells
the only one i would buy

I like em. Neat.

only decent one imo
rest look like shit

Attached: 511E0C42-6D4E-46A9-8591-CAF9DA7D821D.png (265x370, 146K)

Urza, featuring Karn Liberated as the Planeswalker card, and Reserved List-violating reprints of Legacy staples.

Not most popular, but Veeky Forums tries to make him seem less popular than he really is. I'd say he's one of the top League members in popularity, maybe losing to who? Bolas, Karn, Chandra, Ugin or Ajani.

Where's my package with Giddeon's Manly spells?

As an outsider looking in, I always thought Chandra was the most iconic planeswalker. Didn’t even know who Jace was until I started playing the game a few years back.

I never really minded Jace all that much, but I really like post-ixalan Jace.

These flavor texts are hilarious.

Nissa, with her fine ass.

Checked for elf Hitler having the best ass in the multiverse.

>flavor textless counterspell
>decent brainstorm art
>nice beb
welp, need a foil playset of these

PLEASE DON'T BE SHIT CARD QUALITY PLEASE DON'T BE SHIT CARD QUALITY PLEASE DON'T BE SHIT CARD QUALITY

Attached: img780.png (1030x479, 752K)

Why don't they just print OP as fuck shit like cryptic command and mind sculptor?

Attached: 1517420338072.jpg (925x860, 119K)

by these dubs they will be shit quality.

on tier with Kaledesh.

b-but goy the masters sets have them!

How effective is this card still in what format and why WotC would continue printing it?

It's a Modern sideboard card.

>all decent cards that would fill holes in EDH decks
>but that fucking jace art

I am conflicted

I'd be ok with all of these even though I already have the Lili DTutor. I'm pretty sure I use every spell with Lili alt art in my flip Lili edh (that are worth using), but holy fuck I would love Dark Ritual, Slamnation, and Necromancy with Lili art.

He's hands down the most recognizable face in Magic. Edgelords love him, everyone else love to hate him.

This is a cursed post

>Jace is built up to be a really strong telepath and illusionist
>3 counterspells
>3 draw/search spells
>one piece of weak control magic
>no illusion spells

Attached: wack.jpg (500x374, 17K)

To be fair I cant really argue with that statement. Planeswalkers that I genuinely don't like, I tend to forget even Exist. Like, you know, merfolk woman, demon guy, kor someone? Wasn't there a cat guy? Dragon spirit? Vampire?

Jace is easy to remember, and therefore hate, and favourites like Garruk no longer exsist

>not remembering Ugin and Ajani

How can they trademark something like "Signature Spellbook"

l
l
l==>
l
l&
l

The white font and the frames look pretty bad imo

>PLEASE DON'T BE SHIT CARD QUALITY PLEASE DON'T BE SHIT CARD QUALITY PLEASE DON'T BE SHIT CARD QUALITY
HAW

That sounds like Nicol Bolas actually.

If I remember correctly, Maro said before the list is:
1 Jace
2 Liliana
3 Chandra

Jace hate is silly. He's edgy? Really? He's one awkward situation from full-spaghetti and mindwipes himself whenever he feels uncomfortable with a memory. He feigns broody darkness to avoid revealing how much of an insecure neurotic mess he is. If anything he's kind of a deconstruction.

>sexy liliana art
not with the current wizards

Is this loss?

> thinking Wizards actually gives a shit about tumblrinas and isn't just paying them lip service.

Attached: pandra_nalaar_prerelease_mat__by_alradeck-dao2jb1.jpg (1169x684, 228K)

this
you haven't been around long

Do you think it’s worth buying some of these and sitting on them for months?
I don’t think they’ll reprint these specialty card frames again.

> thinking Liliana cares what Wizards wants anyway.

Attached: Liliana,_Death's_Majesty.jpg (850x500, 414K)

post source

>"muh pseudo intelligence, 200IQ. so smart nobody understands me at all" is pretty much Jace's character.

It's one Jace's character, anyway. The Jace who shows up in card flavour texts and the Jace who shows up in stories have almost nothing in common, and are basically two completely different characters who both happen to be mono-U planeswalkers.

>one of the best Liliana arts
>shit pw card
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So this is gonna be priced at $40 in LGS's right?

Welcome to US of A

Wont be buying it. However, i will be buying a foil brainstorm so that i can finally complete a set of mismatched foil brainstorms.

Also cant wait for chandra deck so I can mismatch foil out my bolts finally.

Attached: 20180320_175529.jpg (1032x774, 162K)

I like to think that every time flavor text Jace makes a quip, story Jace does a mental fist pump and then starts self-doubting and spiraling out over how corny or cocky he sounded

fuck those are sexy.

>mismatched foil brainstorms.
You are going to die.

>$20 MSRP
>MCM vendors sell it for 50€
Shit.

>that beb flavor text
eeeeh

Attached: file.png (450x343, 102K)

who's hiding behind that post user?

It’s kind of funny when you look back and remember that the “lore” of MtG used to be that the players were the actual Planeswalkers and your deck is supposed to be YOUR spells. Nowadays, WotC is basically saying you’re either supposed to be role playing as Jace himself, or you’re an obsessive fanboy of his who models their spells off of everything he does.

>Reverse search image on Google
>No results
>But its best guess is "pawg sleeping nsfw"
Fuck man Google is scary.

I'm pretty sure they've said market research has proved he's the most popular planeswalker.

The stock cocky-blue-mage flavor text they gave him for a while and people's first impression of his art really did a number on people's perception of him. Like you said, he's actually perfectly fine to read about in-story.

I see this meme a lot and it's almost certainly true at the highest levels of the company, but remember that Wizards is headquartered in lib central, so for a lot of the company it really is meant in earnest. As a libtard myself, I'm fine with that. Liliana's been fine even in newer art, so it's not like it would actually be an issue anyway.

No, this means Magic will switch to the 'singular they' to denote a person, instead of the 'his or her' we all know and love since Alpha, because of a progressive desire to include everyone -- even non-binary genderqueer activists, thereby putting the final nail to the coffin of an already dying hobby.

>iconic spells with a bespoke card frame centered around a major lore character...
Sweet!
>...from the Gatewatch
Just call me when they get to based Lili

BRAAAAAAPPPP

Or it's something that includes people while also being logical when it comes to saving space on a card.

>Jace

would be nice if wotc did't turn him into a cuck character wise and all.

Attached: 7fb20d9d6217fbd6da509b4c37edcba64ff42eda4ad2bd80d273bf8663109e8a.png (811x710, 538K)

This
I'll probably buy Liliana not going to lie.

Cute idea, most of these are staples that every commander-player wants, but is too lazy to waste money on these. Any comments on the prize?

they don't want him to be happy

Attached: jvr.jpg (1280x797, 322K)

>implying harem protags can be cucks

you guys think he slammed the gorgon puss at least once before he mind wiped her?

99 hours in ms paint

Attached: signature.jpg (923x788, 186K)

>while he mind wiped her
FTFY
That way, she'll remember the dick but forget who it is. Vraska wanders the mutiverse unsatisfied with the cock until she finds the one buried in her subconscious.

Why do you think he mind wiped her?

Is it worth it for mystical tutor, even if it's the worst version?

just kidding, i don't care. Wake me if lili has one of the 'good' black tutors.

>it's diabolic tutor

well user...

Attached: file.png (223x311, 127K)

>Gifts ungiven not Jace in a sultry bed pose

if i remember right didn't he wipe her memory of them becoming allies so she wouldn't be in deep shit when she returned to bolas?

>implying it won't be diabolic revelation or dark petition

Great work, user. Seems really fitting, just needs a pain-flavored card or two..

>Spellbook: Sorin
>all stone slabs

*cue J-pop love ballad*

Attached: 72BA56E7-5238-49D1-A9AF-4BA39D6ACF88.jpg (960x540, 63K)

>Not Jace and an illusion DPing Vraska

Honestly the only miss I think in this was BEB and maybe Threads since I'm not sure if that's played in anything. Good choices overall. I would have chosen a splashier counter over Counterspell or Negate, like Pact or something, but I think it was correct to have at least one of those. I couldn't hope for Jace of Will. I like the idea of borders customized for characters.

fucking quints of truth
wizards doesn't have enough humor in them to do it

Also, I'd have bet money the jace art of Fact or Fiction was gonna be in this.

Attached: sorin does not like smug.png (952x711, 715K)

Can't reprint Mind Sculptor, they gotta move those Masters 25 packs.

Do we have any sales data on that actually? I'm curious to see how shit it's doing