Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

Short, tough & awesome edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread: Let's try it with thread questions, shall we?
What do you think about sub-faction armybooks, kinda like what 40k is getting lately, or like that not!Norsca armybook for T9A? What subfaction armybooks could your favorite army get?

Attached: dwarf_be_by_svetoslavpetrov-d7v8o1o[1].jpg (744x1052, 897K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleus_Maleficarum
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are you currently working on, anons?
Some nice conversion? Awesome paintjob? Exciting RP story hook? Tell me!

Remember, sharing your work inspires others and reminds that hobby ain't dead!

Pictures are especially welcome!

When?

Attached: 30_Jahre_WD-Figur.jpg (469x464, 41K)

Stop hassling me, I'll finish my bloody giant eventually!

Attached: ncJ0IX.jpg (1688x949, 281K)

I recently tried to build a vampire knight from that spanish miniature company but the horse didn‘t really fit together so I dropped it

I'm currently deciding on what sort of charioteer I want for my second Nurgle chariot.

Attached: 14792-ad918dbc (1).jpg (1204x899, 160K)

Huh, didn't realise how dusty my desk was untill I saw it in a photo.

make the chariot itself charioteer
mutant chariot with maw and 2+ eyes and chain growing out of it

I have half a mind to port my DH Psyker to WFRP as a Bright Wizard. On a scale of "taunting a wild boar" to "blowing up the moon," how bad an idea is this?

go for it

Reminder that out of all warhammer lore teclis would be the one being least physically capable of fighting off a rape.

>sub faction

Wouldn't mind rules for a corsair/ black arc list like the old skyre/ eshin lists in the 6th ed skaven army book.

It's the same as a normal dark elf army in terms of build restrictions but instead of the battlefield it shows up at your oponnents house and slaughters his family.

>toughness 3
All elves are squishy, why do the Hung like them so much?

Well since teclis can send my sorry ass to the realm of chaos with a thought i'll try not to think of it

That's a neat idea but I want it to resemble its 'brother'.

I don't know if this is a good thread to ask this, instead of say /awg/, so forgive me.

Which manufacturer would be suitable for building a Witch Hunter and a Carnival of Chaos army for Mordheim?

I read realm of chaos as shadow realm.
Now I picture him as a yu-gi-oh character.

Being a wizard isn't nearly as dangerous in WFRP as being a psyker in DH is. You'll be fine.

Yes, my character will be fine. How much sleep will I lose on the character sheet, and would I be better off rolling up a character from scratch, is the real question here.

You'll lose about an hour. However, porting characters to WFRP isn't as fun as rolling randomly for a new dude. :)

Starting to learn scripting so that I can make the elf mod I always wanted.

Reading the grimmest, darkest rulebook of all time

Attached: none blacker.png (1440x2560, 2M)

>not reading the original witch hunter's handbook
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleus_Maleficarum

By Sigmar!

This lad is waiting to be painted

Attached: 20180315_154620.jpg (2274x2744, 2.36M)

Hey guys, just finished making a 3rd edition Dwarf army list for the first time. I'm concerned that this has too many models and not enough heroes in it, or that the 3000 points it recommends is too big. I'd also like to any other criticism of it.

>1 Battle Wright (Lv.20 Hero): 247 points
*magical hand weapon: Trance, shield, Mithril heavy armour
-Foe Smiter (Lv.5 Hero): 102 points
*Hand weapon, shield, heavy armour, army standard
>1 Lore Delver (Lv.15 Wizard): 203 points

>18 Hammerers: 388 points
*hand weapon, double-handed weapon, heavy armour, shield, magic standard: Battle Banner
>19 Ironbreakers: 335 points
*hand weapon, heavy armour, shield, magic standard: Dread Banner
-Anvil Cleaver (Lv.10 Hero): 92 points
*hand weapon, shield, heavy armour
>20 Crossbowmen: 260 points
*crossbow, hand weapon, light armour
>39 Warriors: 429 points
*hand weapon, light armour, shield
-Foe Smiter (Lv.5 Hero): 51 points
*hand weapon, shield, light armour
>39 Warriors: 468 points
*hand weapon, light armour, spear, shield
-Foe Smiter (Lv.5 Hero): 51 points
*hand weapon, shield, light armour
>15 Crossbowmen: 221 points
*crossbow, hand weapon, light armour, double-handed weapon; Skirmishers
>Battery
-cannon: 75 points
*hand weapon, light armour
-cannon: 75 points
*hand weapon, light armour

2997 points

Thoughts?

Attached: beards.png (340x388, 300K)

Also this chaps for my small kislev contingent

Attached: 20180320_190817.jpg (3968x2130, 3.09M)

Reiksguard or inner circle knights?

Attached: 1519242390902.gif (300x450, 2.68M)

Go back to Veeky Forums, we don't want none of your shitty Alfso posting here.

I always thought Averland had the Sun as their Sigil because the Province is so sunny. Interesting to think it originated on Solland

Answer the question.

Attached: 1514500759644.png (850x850, 859K)

I don't know much about Mordheim, but I'll try to help

>Witch Hunter
AoW has nice Witch Hunters
MoM has some duelist-type humans

>Carnival of Chaos
its Nurgle, right?
I guess you can check out Mierce, they tend to have stuff like that

Attached: 1488043870486.png (1881x1093, 1.64M)

Reiksguard

Thanks senpai.

Attached: Wh_main_emp_reiksguard.png (120x260, 76K)

Mierce just sent a letter that they have a one-day sale - metals at half price.

I decided to see how much it would cost me, and apparently they fucked shit up and the final order total was JUST the delivery price.

You might want hurry to pick some almost-free miniatures. Good luck.

Anyone?

Attached: SpurdoSlayer.png (853x543, 24K)

Why are Dark Elves so mean?

Attached: __-EK6U1B4Q4i5qDz4WLHpgMj2h8ZxzOaIjk_rtwVlg.jpg (1024x576, 169K)

Many skaven just start with a first name and then earn a last name as a title. Queek headtaker and sleek sharpwit earned their names.

Skryer has the family names, Ikit, ect. Probably because the vanity of having a proven machine that works they want a legacy, something uncommon.

The religious orders (pestalins and grey seers) have a sort of ranking system of initiative and priest.

Eshin is the only one with real titles, probably to mimic the ones they stole the arts from. They have runners, assassins, master assassin, murderlord, deathmaster.

The rest is council of 13. They are kind of eternal though.

I made these.
Their names are Zamnil and Grim. They enjoy dark beer, brownies and warm wool sweaters

Attached: 20180320_204949.jpg (2560x1536, 1.16M)

neat.

Now I want a porter though.

She's just flirting

Dude thats fucking racist as fuck

Attached: 1518100990356.png (550x550, 81K)

How else would he be able to understand her? She's very nice and even knows how busy these Skaven are and wants to make it short!

Even they have standarts

Attached: 1520724746801.png (1181x1113, 565K)

Do dwarfs with grudges to settle become slayers? I couldn't imagine that you'd devote the rest of your life to finding the toughest fight to die in if you still have grudges to take care of.

They do if the shame is too great

What would make the shame too great? Doing something to your beard? Being the only one to escape a slaughter?

Sure. Dwarves who become slayers are usually pushed to insanity by their guilt.
By dying all his grudges are avenged. Or taken up by his closest kin

Depends on the dwarf.
Failing in something, being rejected in love, causing an incident that costs the life of a relative or friend are all good reason.
A dwarf once killed what he thought was a rat-ogre and boasted of it in a mead hall, but the other patrons told him it was a female skaven and bullied him so hard he became a slayer out shame

Exam studying for exam in 2.5 hrs

>ywn bully a fellow dawi into making a death oath
Why even live

Im not very familoar with 3rd edition, but maybe a battle standard bearer would be a good idea, since it will keep your dwarves from failing any rout tests.

Do they enjoy baked dwarf goodies?

Say a dwarf was attacked (and humiliated) by something and went mad over about 100 years of brooding over and plotting his revenge. Would it be reasonable for that dwarf to NOT become a slayer?

That's the level 5 hero, just underneath the general. He's with the general as he isn't powerful enough to go around on his own

Grim does, Zamnil prefers halfling blueberry pies

Ok. Maybe for 3000 points a couple of characters more to add a punch to certain units or to protect your amy from magic?

May Valaya bless Grim and Zamnil

All slayers are insane dwarfs, but not all insane dwarfs are slayers.
That said no. If the dwarf didn't become a slayer out of shame right after the fact, he would not do it 100 yeas later

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Gotta make sure there aren't any problems with the fluff for my guys.

Grudges and oathbreakers mainly, if you make an oath and then don't fulfill it/die trying you become a slayer. Just because you have a grudge doesn't mean you need to go "DUDE LMAO SHAVE MY HEAD AND THROW MYSELF IN TO DANGER!"

Ok, sure. I've already got Champions in the Ironbreakers and both Warriors units, and you can only have a maximum of 2 Wizards in a Dwarf army. Would you recommend more independent characters?

Fuck off with this 8th edition Skullhouse Awesome shit.

So ye've been talking to them Dwarfs again, lad? They've been filling ye head with that "skoiven" nonsense? Let me set ye straight.

What is most prominent feature does a Dwarf have, besides greed and nose? That's right, lad, its pride. Can't find a prouder people, besides them Elves.
Now, them Dwarfs always turn their big noses up like they're better n smarter than us. Could they admit that they fight one another? O'cos not! Not in a million years!

So when Dwarfs fight other Dwarfs, they call their enemies that "skoiven" word. The enemy is always a coward, so they say they are rat people. The enemy is always dishonorable, so they are a backstabbing lot. The Dwarfs hate magic, so the enemy has them evil wizards. Now ye can't claim much pride from fighting an equal enemy - let alone losin' to one on occasion. So them "ratmen" are always either numberless as goblins or big and huge like ogres. Preposterous!
Now note - them "skoiven" live in tunnels, like Dwarfs. They have smart machines and guns - like Dwarfs again, just less "trustworthy", hah! They even have runes, that's a dead giveaway!
And those scary tales about skoiven wizards turning dwarfs into more skoiven? Hah, I guess even a Dwarf can't resist a good bribe!

So yeah, lad, do listen to what the bearded fellas say, but don't trust everything you hear. If there were in fact vile ratmen under our cities we'd surely know! That one Uncle Hans killed with a grenade? Well, that's was just one ugly beastman runt, nothing spectacular about it. It just happened to look like a rat.

Now go, lad, and don't think about any scary skoiven ratmen nonsense.

Attached: 1467652533214.png (837x258, 270K)

Forgot pic

Attached: 1520843524120.jpg (428x500, 33K)

Thank you user, I've never actually thought about how people of the Empire could justify the nonexistence of Skaven.

How does Kroq-Gar relax after a hard day's work?

he cracks open a few cold ones

Peasants are just dumb and the nobles are spoiled, literally everyone else knows the skaven exist.

>I've never actually thought about how people of the Empire could justify the nonexistence of Skaven.
The empire doesn't really have active contact with the skaven. At least not since mordheim blew up 500 years ago.

Places like Tilea, Eastalia and even Bretonnia have to deal with uppity skaven shits more regularly, so are a bit less clueless.

Keep in mind that out of all who can actually tell the tale, only Dwarfs (whom I covered) and Night Goblins (who are perpetually high on mushrooms) can report any contact with Skaven.

So there's really zero evidence that they exist.

Bretonnia knows about them, but hey, whats a peasant gonna do? WRITE about it?

Tileans tho, they know the shit.

Aren't all Tileans pathological liars though?

So, T9A made it so that you don't get Rank Bonus when in horde formation.

Thoughts?

There aren't even any skulls in that picture.

Attached: Khare.jpg (1148x1634, 384K)

Horde formation shouldn't even be a universal thing.

Its renamed "line" by the way, since the word "horde" doesn't fit most factions.

Who would trust anything a Tilean would say?

Signore, I swear you're mother is as pure as the day I met her.

Exactly.

There's zero evidence Skaven exist.

And after League of Legends pulled off that lore twist that some of the champions don't even exist in the world, but are in fact folk myths and urban legends, I'm convinced that Skaven are a major WHAT IF faction. They don't exist, and what happens on the tabletop is basically reenactment of speculation "What if absurd ratmen existed?!"

You sicken me.

Grim and Zamnil thank you

finishing my Doomflayer mock-up
if I like it I'll glue it all and maybe post here

Well there was an emperor nicknamed Sakvenslayer, that got his name for murdering skaven. So there is as much historical proof that they exist as we often have at various historical tribes and civilizations recorded in ancient history.

Which champions don't "exist" any more? I haven't followed that game in a while.

Kled is a folk tale
Tahm Kench may or may not be a myth

The Skaven in Mordheim were Eshin, no one they came into contact with survived to tell the tale.

Bull shit.

As I said, im not very familiar with 3rd edition. But at such a big game a couple of heroes would come in handy

Fair enough, thanks for the advice anyways

There's a cool passage in the Roleplaying game bestiary that has a Dwarf Warrior explain that they've given up trying to explain Skaven to humans, because they know if the masses found out, there would be mass hysteria, so they say to leave them to the Dwarf's and the brave humans who can handle the truth.

Attached: f1367f0fa8b8dc9344bf6ad2563e47bf.jpg (457x604, 453K)

“The Skaven? Aye, they are very real, as real as the stones
beneath your feet. Filthy rat-men. A treacherous, conniving
race without morality, conscience or honour. They burrow
through the darkness, awaiting the End Times when they
intend to rise and destroy us all, that is, if they don’t kill
one another first. No Karak bears a Book of Grudges that
doesn’t have many a line devoted to those foul creatures.
They fight with poison and plague, with treachery and
malice. So why have you never heard of them? Because truth
is a commodity you Humans seldom traffic in. Sigmar’s
Hounds, your witch hunters, they know of the Skaven. So
why do they not speak of them? Why would they tell you?
What could you do about it? Can you imagine the panic
that would arise among the members of your weak-willed
race if they learned there were Chaos spawned rat-men
plotting their downfall, living under the cities of the
Empire? The bravest of your kind deal with the Skaven the
best they can and the rest of you are gifted with ignorance.”

– Thingrim Bradnisson, Dwarf Miner

Someone said there was a story where a dark elf made several half elf sons so he could have loyal bodyguards. Is this true or bullshit? The name Brunner popped up.

Attached: dorfs.jpg (500x436, 57K)

It isn't bullshit, but they're not half-elf. IIRC, the dark elf gets stuck in the Old World some time ago, so basically becomes a bandit king I think. He also kidnaps either a Wood Elf or a High Elf, rapes her and she bares him at least one son, who's the bodyguard. Brunner, the guy who's writing down Brunner's stories, and the brother of the Elf woman then get involved in fighting him. I think the dark elf actually survives to the end of the story

Do the elves of any type know about the Skaven? Would it be common knowledge among them as it is among dwarfs?
As far as i know they never interacted with eachother lorewise

The elves know, but are kind of stuck up in knowing.

Skaven never have breached Ulthuan, so aside from a few far off colonies High Elves have no contact with them.

I'm pretty sure roots and tree spirits make Athel Loren likewise impregnable from underground (otherwise Dwarfs of the Vaults would have tried digging their way into it, instead of futilely storming the borders)

Dark Elves probably met them, though I have no proof.

So, back in the days when Nagash was just released, and future didn't seem so grim yet, I started an Undead Legion army. To keep a common theme both VC and TK units were to follow VC theme - chariots from not!Celtic barrows, ancient statues brought alive by vampiric magic, etc.

But that was my third army and it required a lot of work, so it kinda got put on hold indefenitely.
Lately I decided to revive it, but after playing TWWH as TK I want to incorporate some Egyptian style

The question is - how the fuck do I marry gothic, celtic and egyptian styles without them clashing? Anyone got any pointers?

I'd just go full out persian overlord style wherein every unit is from a different culture.