Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

That dammed smile edition

>mephrit, aka "hasta la vista, baby"
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/20/preview-the-mephrit-dynasty-and-destroyersgw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=433TfpTq0wM [Open]

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Tau Codex:
Epub
mega.nz/#!M8Fi0CaI!sk5MB-ZX9GAO8iNACYAue2MF4OmTi3xT_Q4zLXGVQvA
PDF
mega.nz/#!AbQG0CbA!RhIyj5eq1SUXx7m0oaDKVPhTfw5h6ibYQ0mSZRCGPTA

>Previous thread

Attached: 1521566328765.jpg (875x1000, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/40K_Rules_Blooper_Reel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for the Aeldari!

Attached: Aspect_Warriors.jpg (1191x670, 182K)

fuck eldar first for scionanons

Attached: bepbep.png (1024x751, 414K)

scion codex when?

Attached: 011.png (112x112, 27K)

Share and trash talk color schemes.

Attached: white_guardian.jpg (624x885, 159K)

Scionanon 4 Lyfe

>fuck eldar
Okay.

What do I build for anti horde as eldar that isn't shit.

are you in my discord, ill have you know :scionwhat: is copyright

Tau sept tier rankings

High Tier
Borkan
Sacea
Tau

Mid Tier
Viorla
Farsight Enclaves

Low Tier
Dalyth

Attached: pixel_imperial_armour_by_steeljoe-dblpn6g.gif (1400x566, 6.36M)

LRBTC faster than either of you...

Attached: 8328DEEE-E166-4371-9902-C4D37BA7C379.jpg (4032x3024, 4.64M)

>Mid Tier
>Viorla
>Farsight Enclaves
The only two I want to play.

Are you the same user that thought summoning was deepstriking?

Post what youre working on!
Just finished a happy boy for one of my Snakebite Mobs

Attached: 1521496662206.jpg (2016x1512, 302K)

Reposting.

I'm doing a Martian desert-themed Tau army, and for fluff reasons I'm trying to model them with robes, shemaghs, and headscarves to keep the abrasive dust out of their armor. How should I go about putting the greenstuff around those communication antennae they have on their helmet? Should I cut out a hole and have it poking through? Should I wrap the headscarf above and below it, avoiding it entirely? Or should I just not put the antenna on the helmet in the first place?

Pic related is kinda what I'm going for, but I won't have the robes completely covering up their armor, it'll be more like a cape or poncho.

Attached: Bedoin_warrier.jpg (6932x5427, 2.48M)

OK, posting the list I've been working on for my RG successor primaris chapter What do you think ? Also, how good is this color scheme ? I kinda like it but I feel that it could look a bit stupid on a full squad.

+Battaillon detachment: Raven Guard+

>HQ
Primaris Captain – Master Crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle, Armour Indomitus – 92pts
Primaris Lieutnant – Master Crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle – 75pts

>TROOPS
x6 Intercessors – Bolt Rifles, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher – 109pts

>HEAVY SUPPORT
x10 Hellblasters – Plasma Incinerators - 330pts
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought – Hellfire Plasma Cannonade, Aiolos ML, Twin H.Bolter – 222pts

>FAST ATTACK
x3 Inceptors – Assault Bolters – 180pts

+Air Wing Detachment: Raven Guard+

>FLYERS
Stormraven Gunship – x2 Hur.Bolters, Typhoon ML, Twin A.Cannons, x2 Stormstike ML - 348pts
Stormhawk Interceptor – x2 A.Cannons, Typhoon ML, Las-Talon – 219pts
Stormtallon Gunship – Twin A.Cannons, Typhoon ML – 204pts

Attached: ColourScheme.jpg (400x575, 190K)

Reminder Rhinos can only transport 10 models, no more no less

Attached: Screenshot_20180318-145409__01.jpg (953x148, 58K)

guardians

2+/3++ BS2 deepstriking for dirt cheap

I dont even know at this point, I just know im the original scionanon

>not just taking 6 lascannons per tank

[laughs in cadian soup]

Attached: 20180120_130624.jpg (5312x2988, 4.42M)

Shadow spectres

Pic related coming tomorrow. Along with a cadian command squad and some SM scouts as base bodies I'll use them to convert some inquisitorial retinue type people.

Attached: bitz.jpg (2044x1536, 1.02M)

nearly done with this. plan on finishing it tonight after I get home from work. my phone's camera is a potato though so it doesnt look great.

Attached: 20180319_185454.jpg (4032x3024, 1.42M)

Because of the fact that GW has set the precedent of what they mean with the wording on units like the devilfish
>Up to

Attached: Screenshot_20180318-145555__01.jpg (941x181, 58K)

>guardians
>2+/3++ BS2 deepstriking for dirt cheap

This is what I think people see when they talk about eldar stats.

>dat mousepad

T H I N
H
I
N

Y O U R
O
U
R

P A I N T S
A
I
N
T
S

I wish eldar had 2+/3++

meant to post this one.

Attached: 20180319_225019.jpg (1512x2016, 387K)

>painting black guardsmen

Attached: 1518876465894.gif (280x296, 1.61M)

I mean you can get that technically.
But It's best not to tell people.

What are you talking about? Their skin is white and their armor is clearly green and khaki.

they do though, at worse guardians get 3+ 4++ for 1cp, if you also get first turn that screening guardian blob, or the one that deepstruck on the otherside of the board, you can also have 2+ 3++ on them

not to mention the 6+ FNP

they are green user

Might want to look a little closer there lads, there are quite a few darkies

When using the Vanguard move on Pathfinders, can the drones move out of coherency or does it have to stay with the unit?

Regular guardians? Can guardian defenders do that? I'll have to read the dex more closely

>tell me to look closer at my own models

point them out and ill take a picture of them for you, they are painted like shit but they aint black

>At worst
>2 cp for all that
>still shot to shit by guardsmen

Don't even know where your getting the 3+ from

So, between Ad Mech, Ad Mil, and Necrons, which would be cheapest to start out with? I know Forgebane is a thing or will be, but I'm hoping to get a decent army for my money. Guard preferred, but I'm not sure how useful a few ten man squads, and a tank or two end up being in 8th edition.

I think I would split off your heavy and make a 2nd detachment.
Take the intercessors down to 5 for the points. Also intercessors come in boxes of 10.. so cost.

I really like to run apothecary or ancient with helblasters. They also really need to the reroll. Supercharge is so good.

Not a bad list just needs more hq for the auras imho.

Attached: carbot_w40k_spacemarine_primaris_reaver_by_countrygump-dbkt39o.png (650x650, 325K)

>shadowsword gun on a turret
>taurox gunner shooting with heavy bolter instead of twin autocannon
>Leman russ punisher fires from different places in relation to the spinning barrel

Attached: 4580CE6C-CBC4-4C77-9ED1-726D6B8D7FDD.jpg (750x748, 58K)

celestial shield gets them 4++
the 1 support platform per 10 models gets you 3++ and 2 ablative wounds

ulthwe gets you 6++ and 2+ BS from thier stratagem

protect from a warlock gets you +1 to the saves, so a maximum of 2+ 3++ 6+++

>still shot to shit by guardsmen

as opposed to getting multiple units shot to shit

also see above for the 3+

too good for cover?
and no

Attached: 8d4.jpg (601x601, 148K)

I'm just thinking up a really rough list right now for a vehicle-oriented Tau army, tell me how this sounds:

Coldstar Commander w/ bodyguards
2 Fireblades
Ethereal

60 Fire Warriors in 6-man squads, each with a Shas'ui upgraded with a markerlight
3 Devilfish to transport 36 of them, the rest foot slog

6 Crisis suits, one team with just flamers for overwatching the gunline, the other team with CIBs or plasma rifles for deep striking and taking out MEQs and TEQs

12 Pathfinders in two teams, one Devilfish to transport them

Hammerhead with Longstrike, Ionhead, Broadside team, maybe a Piranha or two with fusion blasters

Sun Shark? Maybe? Also probably either a Ghostkeel or Riptide

I haven't run any numbers to see how many points that is, but I'll adjust as needed once I find out. But does it sound decent?

Attached: 1521507745112.jpg (593x448, 116K)

necrons/admech

either buy forgebane, sell all the ad mech for a profit because new models

or sell all the necrons to heavily reduce the price and have a slightly shitter admech SC box

I love dick

Attached: 1514212065158.jpg (1318x1920, 663K)

No there aren't, I zoomed in as far as I could and literally all of them have white skin. You're just fucking blind and can't distinguish between green armor and white skin

We need more sexually charged male and female models in 40k

Attached: A37C5D8F-7D80-45F7-8AC1-97F509A1B629.jpg (729x1096, 120K)

Shouldn't her tattoos and shit be written in High Gothic?

Wew i thought eldar infantry was bad

>sexually charged male models

I want new catachan models too user

You must have one bad camera my dude because these guys are definitely not white

Attached: gorillasinthemist.jpg (4032x3024, 4.42M)

The start collecting necron box is cheap and easy to paint.
Also the start collecting skitarii box is good.

Thing is guard is always great as a detachment. It would be easy to say that admech is helping the guard or w/e.

That said i think that a ton of people are going to be selling necrons on the cheap from that forge world box.

Basically, pick the lore you like....but keep in mind that guard and admech can be used at the same time.

Attached: carbot_warhammer_40k_skitarii_ranger_by_countrygump-db3x9qh.jpg (500x500, 171K)

these are not mine, follow the reply chain

That is not the same picture. I don't even think it's the same army. What the fuck are you trying to prove?

do your cadians have a case of the purple eyz

Oh yeah, guess I was replying to the wrong post to begin with.

they have very nicely painted cadian fleshtone and reikland fleshshade because i painted all of them in like 3 days

Well first thing, fuck off for including the support weapon
Second off, holy shit that is a laundry list of buffs needed just to protect 80 points of guardians.
>oh but they have a 3++
Against fucking anti infantry weapons that don't do shit for AP, your 80 points, 3cp and a warlock buffed guardians just got shot to shit by equal points of guardsmen. Luckily you killed what? 7? Of them for a third of your cp.

Christ, no wonder people think eldar are OP.

Black Space Wolves when?

Attached: space-sweden.jpg (1176x197, 180K)

People who paint black Cadians are retards because Cadians have Caucasian style modeled faces and thus they look retarded when theyre black.
For example, This model looks good when its back because it was sculpted to look like a black person.
Black Cadians just look weird and wrong.
You cannot prove me wrong.

Attached: 99070202003_ExcelsiorWarpriest01.jpg (920x950, 86K)

>Being this buttblasted over the colour of toys
>"Darkies"

Chris-chan, is that you?

Attached: 1486360162147.png (525x1710, 801K)

oh well I'm not one to say I cant paint for shit

WE

>throw everything you have at guard
>still only kill 28 points of guardsmen
>but hey the stats look good

How should I make a RG list without using the Primaris?

>getting this rattled

Where's your heavy blanket?

Guardians are 5+ user.

Added the following to the 40k Rules Blooper Reel, a list of all the assorted times GW failed at understanding their own rules:

1d4chan.org/wiki/40K_Rules_Blooper_Reel

Flamingly Bad:Flamethrowers in 8th edition no longer use an AoE "teardrop" template, but instead inflict a random number of automatic hits on a unit. For example, a Hellhound's Inferno Cannon inflicts D6 automatic hits. Due to these changes, regular flamers are less important as a crowd control weapon, and more as an anti-hitmod (andanti-aircraft) weapon; this is especially true of weapons that have a multi-damage value like the aforementioned Inferno Cannon. Where it gets silly though is how Flamers interact with "ambush/deepstrike abilities." See, regular flamers have an effective range of 8 inches, but most "strike from Reserve" powers require you to set up more than 9 inches away. This means that flamers are useless when you appear from Reserves, but it also means they're useless for defending against units Charging from Reserves, since the flamers areout of range and thus unable to actually lay down a Wall of Death unlike 6th-7th Edition, or interrupt movement like 2nd Edition.

where do i find the website/software to make custom colour schemes? I have seen pics like yours but still haven't found it! (I'm new)

I paint some of my models black but I only use them as chapter serfs (slaves) and evil shit like cultists and gang members

>describe something done regularly in ITC eldar to deny deepstrike denial and screening for non-eldar melee armies

>HURRRR NO ONE DOES THIS

its not a laundry list of buffs, its one buff and 2 cheap stratagems in an army that has shit loads because it doesnt need to spend anything on the ynarri side

>just got shot to shit by equal points of guardsmen

lmao 99 points of guardsmen would kill probably one support platform and nothing else

Correct, literally nobody can prove you wrong. Different races have different phenotypes corresponding to their different genotypes. I've actually met some people in real life that will straight up deny that this is even a thing. Their tactical nihilism on race goes to the level where they will deny that black and white people have different face shapes, lip sizes, brow ridges, prognathisms etc.

some of them were in my own family god help them

I was actually looking for advice, not some math crunching that looks incredible on paper but means Jack shit.

support platforms are 3+, which become 2+ in cover and they are cheap as shit for what they do on 2+ BS

you got advice and you assumed it was math crunching

its literally something eldar players do often in ITC

you get your 4+ from cover and 3+ from the protect psychic power. Don't tell me elder are too good for psychic powers as well

Attached: 1406af5e43b743249dc90853c28e32e0.png (79x94, 16K)

>Looks for advice about a game based around statistics.
>Gets made when math is used.

Attached: brain.jpg (192x220, 32K)

no no you get the guardians for 2cp at 4+ 3++ thats why you run iyanden

>tfw getting that urge to buy a ton of bits again
don't even have any good ideas for how to use most of them, just think they look cool

>its not a laundry list of buffs, its one buff and 2 cheap stratagems in an army that has shit loads because it doesnt need to spend anything on the ynarri side

Deep strike
Celestial shield
And the ulthwe strat
Typically you get 9 cp with eldar, that's a third. Unless youre paying for a wave serphant.

You commit all that to a single unit.
And yeah 99 points of guardsmen just killed the platform but I guess you're ignoring the rest of the guardsmen. (Oh but they can't use stratagems or other units like I did to kill a few cheap guardsmen)

>actually playing 40k
>not enjoying it purely for the hobby

Attached: 1493117162967.webm (640x348, 560K)

Different dude here. Is it better to simply buff dire avengers or do that combo w/ guardians? Iirc guardians dont shoot good at all and melee at S3.

Guardians usually are.
Did you deep strike the warlock too, or put him on a Jet bike?

Just finished my speedy boys. They're all painted, but I haven't glued their weapons on yet since I want to try out Tesla vs Gauss on them with the new Dynasty Codes before I commit to something. I really should learn how to properly magnetize.

Attached: DYwX6AtX0AADUHq.jpg (1200x900, 161K)

If you only knew how bad things really are.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (660x878, 581K)

Is ... is that Morgan Freeman dressed up as a Space Wolf?

I think he meant my models.

Attached: ECA3FC99-9197-4910-960C-9CBAB0C0B8D9.jpg (4032x3024, 3.11M)

I don't play eldar I just read the rules
To defeat your enemy know there tactics

Attached: 1519657111172.png (1360x768, 1.62M)

>space-sweden

Do they live in tiny sheds while offworlders come to eat their food and breed their women?

celestial shield is 1 CP for the 4++
you have support platforms in the unit for 3++
you cast protect for +1 to these if needed

why the fuck would you run iyanden, ulthwe gives you 6+++ and a stratagem for better accuracy if needed

i never stated deepstrike was required so you can take that CP off straight away

you also dont NEED the +1 to hit, its also optional, the main part is getting that 4++ and possibly +1 to save

>1 cp for one turn of very tough, very cheap screening which can hit back hard if abslutely needed

>And yeah 99 points of guardsmen just killed the platform but I guess you're ignoring the rest of the guardsmen

and you are ignoring the rest of the eldar army, plus the fact that guard arnt really the army this would be used against, its for a tanky screening unit OR its for a deepstriking 2+ BS dakka unit

guardians can hit on 2+ if needed, they shoot the same as dire avengers but are cheaper

melee is not really something you care about

are you confusing guardian defenders with storm guardians? i mean the defenders

>Did you deep strike the warlock too

warlocks can double the range of thier powers, no need for that

I allrady reroll 1s both to wound and to hit from the captain and the lieutnant on my Hellblasters so I think they have this covered. The thing is that I had spare points at the end and it was barely enough to get 3 more intercessors and nothing else, so I would need to cut something else in order to field one more HQ

Also, costwise, that would be 20 intercessors (6*3 + 2 converted marines for my HQs) so I'm good.

I found this scheme online but I think B&C has one marine painting simulator iirc

>fuck the codex

aight im getting defenders if they ever release a starter kit with them

>All those horrific haircuts
>He chooses to complain about the Morgan Freeman lookalike

yeah because niggers can't be Space Wolves. The Salamanders are the dedicated WE WUZ chapter

yeah, My point about the HQ was more about the size of the bubble.
With that many troops you won't always be able to keep rerolls on both the troops and the heavy unless you castle hard core and don't get objectives.
Captain only has a 6' bubble.

Does anyone know what rank Fire Warrior would be piloting a Piranha, Hammerhead, things like that? I need to know whether to paint my Piranha pilots and Hammerhead commanders as Shas'la or Shas'ui (or Shas'vre for that matter).

I know they're depicted as Shas'la in this picture, but GW is notorious for not knowing its own fucking lore before painting shit, so I'd like to ask the opinion of people who actually read it.

Attached: Piranha.jpg (920x950, 77K)

Why is that thing open topped? Does that make any kind of sense?

Faire point. I never really intended to buff my troops, they are mainly here for MSU to get the Bataillon CPs. I intend to deploy them in hard cover all across the map with the RG stratagem just to be an anoyance and to threaten objectives while the rest of the army does the heavy lifting.

>Salamanders are the dedicated WE WUZ chapter

But Thousand Sons are Egyptians In Space. Shouldn't they be the We Wuz "chapter"?