Who's excited for Necrons?

Who's excited for Necrons?

Attached: 17884071_631085160416345_7415942617407306521_n.jpg (800x800, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/21/preview-the-novokh-dynasty-flayed-ones-and-canoptek-wraithsgw-homepage-post-2/
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/19/preview-the-sautekh-dynasty-tomb-blades-and-the-catacomb-command-bargegw-homepage-post-2/
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/20/preview-the-mephrit-dynasty-and-destroyersgw-homepage-post-2/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not me, looks like a rehash of the old codex with nothing new

I'm going to repair my crons for the book. They are all in a state of completely fucked, especially the vehicles. Been out of the game since last 2 editions.

I'm abit confused by the necron preview. The command thingy that allows the necron lord to re-animate on a 4+ after death. I'm confused cause i was under the impression necron lords could do that before anyway? What makes it so special that its given over to one of these command strategy things? Is it so you don't have to have a res orb?

A little disappointed since the catacomb command barge used to be able to whizz over units and swipe them which doesn't seem to be the case anymore. That was great fun, especially since the dude could dismount after it was destroyed. The website seemed to think the command barge was now great because of its firepower but i never thought that was its main strength,

Does Heavy weapons being on the destroyer platform allow them to move and shoot? They used to be assault weapons back in the day.

Actually quite looking forward to getting back into the game with my crons with this book since the initial release with great customisation which was completely removed the next edition, i hope this one brings it back enough for me to actually want to play 40k.

I am due to playing Tomb Kings in Total War: Warhammer and finding I enjoy them.

Oh boy metal skeletons with glowy green stuff

My FAVORITE

Why does the skeleton robot have boobs?

Question: Will the C'tan be independent again?
Will some C'tan be independent, and others slave-fragments?
Will at least the Deceiver, or parts of the Deceiver, be free?
Can this at least be *implied* in some of the fluff?

Attached: nightbringer.jpg (634x500, 57K)

You can always change out the rods.

Thank the Emperor I wasn't the only one who thought this.

necron characters couldn't reanimate before in 8th, only regular infantry. It was sort of compensated for by giving them self-healing

destroyers ignore heavy penalty (which in 8th just means you take a -1 to hit if you move and shoot)

>tits
Why?

Not an official GW model...

It's from the company that edgy Neckbeards buy from that has a ton of female models showing their tits, because lol, my tech priest has her tits out, imagine that! lol robot tits, who'd have guessed it!?

I've seen the model before, but I can't find the company. Which one was it again?

Thaks for clearing that up man.

Well thats abit shit they are just getting back things that they lost.

If i recall, all destroyers used to reroll 1's to hit by default too.

I hope its a decent dex. Would get me into the hobby again. Shame i sold my flyers, deathmarks, doomsday cannons,stalkers, spyders and wraiths...come to think of it wtf do i even have left. A shit load of broken immortals, lychguard and annhialation barges and i think thats it... maybe i'll just keep it in the cupboard for another few years.

Haven't been excited since Oldcrons. Pariahs will always be in my heart.

>Who's excited for NEWCRONS???
ugh...

wargameexclusive

shut up retard

No u

I've been out of the loop. Last I was interested in necrons Veeky Forums was complaining that they weren't mindless killing machines anymore. What have I missed and what is their current state?

I just picked up the necron half of forgebane for 40quid on ebay. Not entirely sure why. Probably should have bought the whole game for £76 and sold off the ad mech robots for 50 for the pair. Worried that no one would buy them though. Gw will prob release a full kit for them shortly after and no one will want those bog standard ones.

Anyone know where i could buy bits for my monolith? Ive lost some pieces for it over the years

>Can this at least be *implied* in some of the fluff?
it already is. There are Dynasties that are secretly or openly still loyal to their C'tan and work to collect shards to free them.

>What have I missed and what is their current state?
Still the same as last you heard, Tomb Kings in space.

Which is fine with me because Tomb Kings are awesome

Due to Forgebane, I have following models waiting, what would be best to get next?
- 3 Cryptec
- 15 Lychguard
- 6 Wraiths
- 10 Immortals
- 12 Warriors

planning on getting the new start collecting. one or two?

Me. Loved them, but had to shelve them for the past edition and all of 8th up till now.
Now that they look to be worth playing, and in particular Nihilakh being good makes me happy.
Now if only they would make Trazyn worth taking

Thanks. But looking at their miniatures I have to wonder... how the FUCK do they get away with making stuff like that without GW dropping the lawyer hammer onto them?

Well, female Phaerons exist in the lore; Xun'bakyr, the Phaerakh of the Maynarkh dynasty, is an example. Did the Necrontyrs have tits however ? We don't know, but assuming they did it would perfectly make sense for an excentric noble to have a customized body showing such attributes.

And of course I don't like the miniature anyway, putting boobs on a regular Necron and calling it a female is lazy and ugly. A Necrontyr lady carring that much about her appearance even after turning into a half-mad murder robot would have designed something more regal and appealing.

Something more like this, then?

Attached: Necrocyborg Cryptek.jpg (800x800, 218K)

All of these look like utter shit because they are just DUDE LMAO HALF SPHERES tacked on. Complete shit. Not to mention the horrible weapons and absolutely terrible legs. At least they were aware of how shit the legs turned out, because they clearly tried to make it less obvious with the huge amount of chunk hanging around the miniature, completely obfuscating any form it has and turning it into a lumpy cylinder.
I swear to fucking god, how do people get the technical skill to sculpt this well without a lick of sense for design or style? If you want Waifocron, it should look like some antediluvian piece of art, not just some globes slapped on for good measure.

They'll still be "space tomb kings" they'll still have dumb as fuck looking vehicles.

Nothing to get me back into them.

>They'll still be "space tomb kings"

You know, since actual TK aren't actually supported anymore... wouldn't they just be fantasy Necrons?

Did your necron fall to Slaanesh?

>A face
Why? Seriously name one purpose?

yeah i hate the design idea to make the newcron stuff all crew operated, rather than the vehicles having the mind of a necron within them/fused with them

The really weird thing is that technically it's a throw back to the original necrons, the destroyer was piloted.

While I like the 2nd version destroyer body better as a general concept I still like those original destroyers.

Only way I can explain that is the way the pilot still looked fairly integrated into it and how small the actual destroyer was without the pilot making him integral to the structure.

Attached: Necron Destroyer.jpg (2816x2112, 394K)

To house eyes

Wargame Exclusive can make nice models when they keep their dicks under control. The Magos Dominus they sell is pretty cool, though there's a tits out version too, of course.

They made me wanna make an infantry based Tau army featuring the beefy Tau expandables.

Attached: color-TAU-BIG-SHAS-2.jpg (800x800, 274K)

A big part of the oldcrons' appeal was that they were a global threat who secretly had their fingers in every pot and seemingly endless resources. The 3rd ed codex reinforced that ominous tone with its "found footage" format, mostly written from the Imperium or the eldar's POV, that encouraged the reader to approach it as a mystery and to come up with conspiracy theories. And most of their history was actually revealed fairly late in the codex, rather than presented upfront; it was only 10 or so pages of fluff but it was enough to build up a sense of intrigue with a payoff.

That's why people call oldcrons "lovecraftian", because in terms of sheer presentation and tone, the 3rd Ed codex had a lot in common with HPL's stories: progressive buildup, incomplete insights from biased perspectives, little horror setpieces, and then some actual objective narration. Also, the art and miniature design was a lot less gaudy and brutish. There was less emphasis on glowing scifi gizmos, and more on corroded textures. Leaner, more skeletal figures, that sort of stuff

You could conceivably make newcrons sound a bit lovecraftian too, but not by namedropping references to Azathoth in an otherwise very straightforward exposition dump.

But if you want to reintroduce oldcrons without ignoring the recent fluff, you can't just make them "a dynasty of emotionless beepboops enslaved by a c'tan shard". A dynasty is a local threat, with limited power and a narrow reach. It can't be the source of an all-encompassing conspiracy against all life. And it's definitely not very mysterious if it fits into the mold of every other newcron subfaction.

Attached: Beksinski-x134.jpg (1000x1200, 293K)

HOW TO REINTRODUCE OLDCRONS (as GW or just as a random player):

Have them pop up all over the galaxy after the opening of the cicatrix maledictum, while also hinting at their presence in earlier times (C'tan cultists in the Admech, that sort of stuff), and let that be the driving mystery behind their fluff.

Strongly suggest that they are the result of a time paradox created by Orikan the Diviner who managed to achieve C’tanhood and go back 60 million years in time when the Cicatrix opened, thereby creating an alternate timeline where he usurped the Silent King and rules alongside other C’tan. That timeline is slowly replacing the current one; and in this timeline, the C’tan and the necrons are in charge. And newcrons aren’t happy about that.

Never explain this outright, only hint at it. Don’t even namedrop Orikan, just introduce a one-eyed C’tan character called «the Empowered» or something. As for Lords and characters, instead of a boisterous quirky personality and ten-words-long title, just give them different flavors and themes and a suitably ominous-sounding epithet, and let their actions define their character instead of having them make speeches. Replace «dynasties» with «C’tan sects» as the basic subfaction term.

oh and replace all the goofy-looking units like tomb blades with admech cultists or pariahs or whatever

That way you can still have them be a global threat without being so numerous as to contradict the existing fluff, you can still have newcrons, you can still have «your dudes», you can still have some mystery, you can have pariahs.

Attached: Beksinski-x68.jpg (500x502, 77K)

Also when involving time fuckery, gods and the ad mech you could easily bring in some potential ties to the Men of Iron.

Sure why not

>In a world where numarines dont exist

>the planets are being ruled by space vampires

seriously though it's surprising how scarcely GW uses time travel as a plot device despite it being accessible to at least two major factions

I do want a female techpriest mini, or even a female enginseer, but I want it to be believable within the universe. Like, just starting to go through augmetics or something, but still function over form.

Because GW ceased to think in 3rd ed. Since then it's been a reanimated corporate zombie spewing awful gak at insane prices. Only since 8th has it had any actual developmental drive, unfortunately they seem to be going with the same world of warcraft aesthetic they are subjecting nu-fantasy to.

Grimdark seems to be going the way of the dinosaur in 40k just like fantasy, they just cant blow up the 40k name since they still need it for money.

>Because GW ceased to think in 3rd ed
3rd Ed had the best fluff though. Grim Dark is awesome

Time travel is best utilized in small doses, and they have done it on a few occasions but it needs to be limited. you go bouncing around the timestream and you are going to fuck up continuity even more so than a black library author.

if there is one lesson we have learned from scifi, is that its easy to do time travel stories, its very hard to do them very well.

it also had some of the worst, and as much as I like oldcrons, their fluff is objectively bad

I mean it's well-presented but it makes no fucking sense

Honestly I wouldn't have minded them just staying as "we've no idea what the fuck these things are but more of them keep appearing and new forms have been seen".

I guess that doesn't help you fill out fluff sections of army books, even though you could easily write the whole thing from the point of view of other races.

Could you imagine if the other player brought only topless units and then you had a raging erection the whole time and the desire to grab his precious techpriest and coat it with semen

40k doesn't make sense. Huge melees when everyone has guns doesn't make any fucking sense. Cathedrals in space broadsiding each other doesn't make any sense. Space elf pirates riding literal flying boats doesn't make any sense.

very true

and newcron fluff didn't do much to fix it

for oldcron lore, the only thing I want back is pariah's. I can accept the C'tan shards, I can accept necron lords having personalities and goals, I can even accept the nerfing of their guns against vehicles, but the loss of pariah for necrons was what broke me in 5th edition and I sold my army.

With the leaked beta codex, it has renewed my interest in necrons and I have ordered/bought a shit ton of them. I bought up a bunch of pariah's on ebay for lychguard, and I already have forgebane on order, as well as 3rd party bits.

Attached: 1520963948163.jpg (321x418, 67K)

All of those things make sense. They aren't self-contradictory and they're thematically sensible.

What doesn't make sense is telling us that the Old Ones were killed in a war despite the RT fluff explicitly saying that they weren't. Or suggesting that they created the Orks despite us knowing that they were made by proto-snotlings.
Or telling us that the C'tan are anathema to the warp but eat souls. Or suggesting that the Old Ones created humans 60 million years ago.

there are no pariahs in the leaked codex though

I want Szarekh to get official art but I know it won't happen.

I know, but I still love the model. Favorite necron model in the entire line, but thats not saying much. Old cryptek spiders and wraiths were fucking terrible, and an utter fucking mess to glue together. and dont even get me started on trying to glue together the nightbringer or deceiver, so much of that shit was mis-cast it was pain incarnate.

they'd probably make him look goofy as shit

I imagine him looking like a mixture of Ra from Stargate and Ivan from Eisenstein's Ivan the Terrible.

I imagine him as kinda like a super buff Dagoth Ur.

Attached: 2a8q63k.jpg (1095x1200, 518K)

Figured i may aswel post the links to the previews of the dynasties so far.

Novokh Close combat shit - warhammer-community.com/2018/03/21/preview-the-novokh-dynasty-flayed-ones-and-canoptek-wraithsgw-homepage-post-2/

Sautekh shooty rooty tooty - warhammer-community.com/2018/03/19/preview-the-sautekh-dynasty-tomb-blades-and-the-catacomb-command-bargegw-homepage-post-2/

Mephrit Close range dakka - warhammer-community.com/2018/03/20/preview-the-mephrit-dynasty-and-destroyersgw-homepage-post-2/

I don't play the game currently so i dont actually have a clue if any of this shit is good or not.

Getting my crons out the wardrobe and my monoliths are fucked and missing pieces, anyone know of a legit or not legit way to get replacement parts? Will gw tell me to fuck off if i ask them for them, even if i offer to pay? Seems dumb they dont sell bits to fix your shit. I bought them 10 years ago.

compared to the index, nearly everything in the necron line is getting buffed. and its not just small buffs, but serious buffs.

Attached: Pariah_1.jpg (550x537, 37K)

dunno if that'd fit, he's more of a romantic type of character and the BL stuff describes him as "graceful". He's not a massive golem dude like Imotekh

Attached: belphegor-masque.jpg (420x300, 22K)

They could have put eyes in the shoulders

I had an idea for that, use a bit of soup and run them as Culexus assassins, the allies of convenience llevel control due to them being harder to control by their masters due to the organic mind going mad

old pariah models are now considered lychguard, which the new lychguard models arent bad looking (you can build them with the staves that pariahs had, or make them sword and board for weaker attack but you get a 4+ invul save). but they will never be as good looking as pariah.

Attached: lychguard.jpg (920x950, 88K)

I strongly recommend using praetorian heads on lychguards, not only does it make them look closer to pariahs, it also gives them a more sensible silhouette: makes the elongated spine more visible, the collar appear more massive, and it doesn't have silly ears.

or you could just cut off the crown on the heads. but you still wouldnt have the human blank imprisoned inside the body.

meanwhile i've been using some space egyptian animal heads I got off puppetswar to try and do them up like ushabti, giving them the new legs has been the biggest pain of all and im looking around for shortcuts

That's a Pharek? Thought the skull would look more feminine.

Actually it is a fact that the Deceiver never got Sharded and it only went on a troll spree since then.

its a 3rd party model, wargame exclusive does a lot of female versions of models. for pretty much every faction, including assassins.

again its not an official model, but they are the only ones thus far to take a crack at fem-crons

Awesome, where can I read about this stuff?
(I haven't read Necron fluff since the Newcrons showed up.)

and in most cases, they look chunky and ugly

they're bullshitting you, there's not even a hint of c'tan-loyal dynasties and the Deceiver did get sharded.

well they are the only 3rd party company fully committed to alternative 40k models. I mean we have gone over 20 fucking years without plastic sisters, and WE and RH are making resin sisters.

when GW wont make shit, 3rd party companies will.

That's the main reason keeping me from starting a Necron force. Also I`m autistic about Immortals not getting glow rods.
The only Necron Vehicle I like are from Forgeworld.

>if there is one lesson we have learned from scifi, is that its easy to do time travel stories, its very hard to do them very well.
Name one.
Time travel doesn't work in reality nor in fiction. There are always giant plotholes. It just doesn't make any sense.

2 if you can afford it because that value

Pariahs were such badass looking models, i always thought the lore was cool that they were anti psyker null robots.

BRING BACK PARIAHS

Attached: necron finger.png (500x432, 139K)

>Time travel doesn't work in reality
[citation needed]

I don't think those things were a real problem for the established lore though.

>the Old Ones were killed in a war despite the RT fluff explicitly saying that they weren't.
I don't remember any explicit mention of the Old Ones in RT, only the Slanns. The Old Ones were fucked by the Enslavers plague and other Warp shits spawned into existence by their own creations, but the codex doesn't states that they were completly exterminated, only that their civilization was destroyed and that the survivors lost most of their power and fled. There could actually be Old Ones hiding somewhere in the galaxy, maybe some of them were the ancestors of the Slanns.

>Or suggesting that they created the Orks despite us knowing that they were made by proto-snotlings
RT clearly describes the proto-snotlings stuff as a theory built up from various ork legends. One of them from 2th edition implies that the Brainboyz were destroyed by a plague that lasted for hundred of years, so the Old One's implication in latter publications is nothing ground-breaking to be honest.

>telling us that the C'tan are anathema to the warp but eat souls
I just checked the 3rd edition codex and there is nothing about "souls" in the various parts of the lore about the C'tan. The closest we get is "essence" or "living energies". I don't know wtf they meant by this and it clearly raises some questions but it isn't a problem regarding the anti-warp nature of the C'tan.

>Or suggesting that the Old Ones created humans 60 million years ago
Nope, it is implied in the codex that while the Old Ones created their biological ancestors, humans are the product of raw and chaotic evolution.

>self-contradictory

What you're talking about are "retcons," which every faction in the setting has received. None of that shit in any way makes Necron fluff worse. If anything it points to a need for more War In Heaven era fluff.

Should scarabs get a scout deployment rule in the new dex, or are they fine as is?

Attached: Necron27.jpg (1024x375, 74K)

those are problems
problems which you tried to solve by establishing arbitrary distinctions between old ones and slann, or by dismissing previous lore as theoretical, or by ignoring the fact that C'tan ate the souls of the necrontyr

>the C'tan are anathema to the warp but eat souls
this isn't a retcon, it's a self-contradiction

Did he? Tell that to the Callidus whose soul had a specific taste due to polimorphine.

Who doesn't want them back? I only hope Szeras will bring them back when he finds enough Culexuses.

>this isn't a retcon, it's a self-contradiction
In what way? Soulstuff is the essence of the Warp. If they consume souls and do not expel any warpstuff byproduct then they are by definition anathema to the Warp.

>Time travel doesn't work in reality

Actually time travel is possible. The problem is that the equipment must be of the highest quality possible and the power to send a person back would be gargantuan. So the only thing people are capable of sending in time at the moment are single molecules.

Yep. We can send single molecules in time at this point.

I think they should get it. It would fit well with creepy crawlies crawling from every crack in the ground.

>Chiseled potato man with glowing dragon testicle

No Thanks

oh so that explains why the world is fucked up: scientists are doing dumb shit to con investors into giving them money so they can keep being parasitic nerds

Like buzzfeed writers, but those at least don't create time paradoxes

>Actually it is a fact that the Deceiver never got Sharded and it only went on a troll spree since then.

You are a moron. Shards of the Deceiver are usable in the table and have appeared in the fluff.

They are lying to you.

You should get cancer for trying to pass an Oldcron codex story as a new one.

There are no dynasties in the fluff that are loyal to the C'tan.

Free C'tan shards exist in the fluff but they are treated as run away slaves more than anything.

Also C'tan shards have special that says that cannot be the warlords of the Necron armies since they are slaves.

In all honesty I'd like them to focus more on real-life mecha, space elevators and terraform tech so that we could turn Mars into another Terra.

>arbitrary distinctions between old ones and slann
Nowhere in RT Slanns are called "Old Ones" afaik. Of course it is obviously a retcon but RAW they could be different species so this isn't even a technical problem.

>dismissing previous lore as theoretical
The Snotling thing IS CANONICALLY theoretical. GW could do whatever they want with it and they chose the Old Ones stuff we have in the Oldcrons codex.

>ignoring the fact that C'tan ate the souls of the necrontyr
Again, I read the codex 1 hour ago and there is not a single mention of souls in the process. Not. A. Single. One. It only mentions "essence", "living energies" and that the C'tan devoured the "discarded husks" of their Necrontyr slaves.

>Tell that to the Callidus whose soul had a specific taste due to polimorphine
What soul ? Pics related doesn't mention anything like that.

Attached: C'tan don't NOM NOM souls.png (624x865, 430K)

>by dismissing previous lore as theoretical

Not him but you are a moron if you take stuff that have been established to be myth by the people of the setting as objective fact. It's been shown repeatedly that Orks don't care for history and that they tend to tell talltales.

>or by ignoring the fact that C'tan ate the souls of the necrontyr

Are we talking about Oldcron fluff? In that case you are a moron. In the Oldcron fluff. C'tan did not eat souls but the electromagnetic byproduct of sentient life. The Bio-Forges of the Oldcrons are preferred hangouts for daemons since the forges sucks out the physical energy of thousands of mortals and expelling thousands of tormented souls in the Warp for the daemons to devour.

why the fuck does the robo-skelly have boobs?
d.

In Shield of Baal Devourer, Anrakyr and his court met a female Cryptek and Lychguard. He and his court instantly knew that they were lady Necrons. This is a strong indication that necrodermis boobs exist.

already got the female overlord and 20 necron warrior titty torso's on order. possibly considering ordering some more. really excited for the newcron codex.

Attached: 1521638799387.jpg (800x800, 60K)

I am going to roll with it and enjoy. By taking a codex salad you can have a really balanced army.

For those that say they hate to vehicle models I just call you lazy. The amount of kit bashing and modding you can do is crazy easy and fun. Doing something as simple as taking all the limbs off a Tomb Blade and replacing them with guitar strings to mimic cabling gives them a great look and can be done to all the vehicles.