>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
What UA subclasses do you want an official release for? What improvements would you want to be made before they're published?

Attached: alchemist.png (900x578, 668K)

Reminder

Attached: ignore the paizofag.png (1008x955, 368K)

>What UA subclasses do you want an official release for
NOT Invention Wizard, for sure. Mearls must stop trying to make sorcerer entirely obsolete.

Nezznar actually got away in my LMoP game. Party really wants to kill him, and he obviously hates them for forcing him to abandon his search for the Forge of Spells.

I kind of resent being saddled with such a lame antagonist, but at the same time I don't want to deprive my players of a chance to get even.

What would be good next steps for a villain who's lost everything he put into a scheme and has no home to go back to?

>What UA subclasses do you want an official release for?
The Seeker or something like that

When Paizo inevitably makes Pathfinder for 5e to improve it, what would you want from it? How do you think it will play?

Attached: 1519529294916.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Honestly what is the point of having a trip code on an anonymous image board? The only point I can recall is having it for quests.

Spore druid. Better damage scaling.

What voice changer can I do to turn my voice from a soyboy to a chad?

Some more Monk! No idea what though.

>tfw /qst/ is dead
Kicking quests off of Veeky Forums was a mistake, tbqh. The board's a worse place for it.

there are some valid uses for trips, but honestly most people just use it for attention whoring
desu I wish tripping for attention was bannable

Puberty

That's more or less it. Or unless you have a situation like yekka in the /srg/, where someone is creating a useful program that requires constant updates. Or, for another example, something like TwoDee or Shoggy where they don't update often enough to justify a quest, but people still want to hear their stories.

Can I get an explanation as to why a level 3 wizard can solo a Beholder?

Attached: 1520031236158.jpg (900x1273, 433K)

By drinking razor blades and deepthroathing a screwdriver.

Better genetics.

There's some good story tellers; someone highlighted TwoDee, but I would love to see WastelandWarrior come back. Basically it was/is useful for multiple longform posts. Outside of that, it's usually fucking annoying.

Hey chaps, any idea how to do healing for an undead PC? Obviously healing spells seem sketchy to me. Maybe Inflict wounds? And how will long-rests work?

Unless the animating force comes with some kind of regen ability. Or a kind of Cha save to keep from falling apart instead of traditional 'death' rolls.

Loremaster Wizard. I want my generalist wizard back, and if that makes the Sorcererfags cry... too bad. They should have made a decent Sorcerer for this edition. If 4e can pull it off, what's 5e's excuse?

I'm 29 (and almost a Wizard).

Hello my fellow soyboy.

Yeah, I have horrible genetics. I am fat, ugly and have a low T voice.

>The board's a worse place for it.
I strongly disagree. It felt so good when there were no longer 50 varieties of "You are X! What do you do?" quest threads. The only thing the mods missed was the CYOA shit, but at least that's only one thread.

Attached: 1509115999669.png (341x499, 340K)

Making it easy for you.

I'm still waiting for artificer and mystic. I have concepts in waiting for both.

Attached: zu0BbWS[1].png (391x504, 30K)

The heal/damage spell thing was left behind in 5e, since it's not really about positive/negative energy anymore. You COULD do that, but I would simply be more inclined to say "hey you're fucking undead you don't really stitch yourself back together easily". Kind of depends on what all you're giving them as part of the undead package.

DELETE THIS

Attached: 1520874299902.jpg (506x296, 52K)

You're a fucking saint.

So, long story short, I really like the Gunmage from Warmahordes, which is similar to the Hexslinger from Deadlands in being a pistol-wielding wizard. How could I adapt this as an Arcane Tradition for 5e? 1st subclass features are obviously proficiency with pistols and using pistols as arcane focuses.

Even if you dont like quests you have to agree the place has gotten significantly quieter without them. Threads linger around way longer now and the place is half dead at the best of times.

>Honestly what is the point of having a trip code on an anonymous image board
Leaking information, it proves that you're legit, because you already leaked the correct info before.

Remember to report, hide, and ignore.

Attached: tripfags general.png (1125x681, 90K)

You're a wizard with crossbow expert, refluff them as pistols. Congratulations.

If you want to cast through your pistols... Refluff them as casting through your pistols. Congratulations. Maybe pick up warcaster too.

Obvious solution would be to modify something like Bladesinger for use with pistols.

Smoking

Artificer gunsmith?

>you have to agree the place has gotten significantly quieter without them
And that’s bad how? We don’t need threads dying off left and right only a couple hours after being made because they have to fight for space with someone’s anime ERP.

Borrow stuff from the eldritch knight if you aren't willing to go with .

Reminder that firearm-oriented classes instead of people who play a class and just happen to use firearms are cringe as shit and are a good way for vetting bad players.

People bitched and moaned reeeing an entirely new game into existence. WotC has decided to make damn sure anything they bring to this edition is well disguised if it's from 4e.

Is that really that much better than having a bunch of threads that hang around for ages without ever reaching more than 50 replies? I can see one right now thats been up for 9 hours that only has 26 replies.

That's what a War Wizard is for?

>I want utterly broken shit to make it into the game
The absolute state of wizardfags

yes you autistic fag, not all threads are blazing to 400 twice an hour like 5eg. there is more to Veeky Forums than 5eg you know, some of it is decent.

I'd prefer slower, because that is far better than threads just being lost to the abyss because "quest to save the princess (male) #190745" and the other batch like it are in full shitposting mode. Quantity is not always a bonus user and it certainly does not equal quality.

I can make the players like poorfags and underdogs, and I can easily make them hate richfags and spoiled brats, but how do I make them think an heir to a rich and powerful family is a genuinely likeable character?

Does he buy them all drinks at the inn?
Is he mother theresa helping the poor?
Did he save the nearby farms from that wyvern?

Maybe it'd be most effective to do it indirectly - I can easily make the party think the guy's rich father is a complete asshole, so if his father antagonizes him for being too virtuous, too generous, too heroic, the party will instantly like him?

I'm not an experienced DM I'm still trying to figure out how to manipulate my players' feelings

Attached: 1326903424682.png (500x282, 364K)

How to be the Ultimate Chadbarian?

Traffic went way down and threads linger way too long now. Also, surprise surprise, it turned out that most of the more creative people in Veeky Forums hung around mainly for quests, and when those got sent to another board they had no reason to browse other threads.

Thyroplasty, Starting Strength, and then probably a sliding genio and HGH, without seeing you.

There are no unattractive people, only poor people.

Play an Orc Berzerker

>Does he buy them all drinks at the inn?

this but bigger. he funds their adventures, when they come up with no loot from the kobold lair he gives them a bonus. free gear. players love dem some shiny.

Make the guy a genuinely likeable person, tack on that he his rich.

no amount of money can make you look good, it only makes people treat you like you do

Most of the board is generals of some form or other.
But even the non quest threads have died down. I've been hanging around here for like 6 years and there is noticeably less discussion about anything then there used to be even like a year ago. There is a thread at the bottom of the page that literally no one bothered to post in that has been just sitting there for three and a half hours.

Aura of Vitality is (I believe) the only healing spell that doesn't specifically preclude undead from being healed. An undead Oathbreaker Paladin PC could be extremely scary with Aura of Vitality and Animate Dead (since he could continually heal himself and others fighting with him in the undead boosting bubble).

Death Cleric also works (although not as well) by exploiting their channel divinity and vampiric touch in concert. It's not as strong though. Either way, (unsuprisingly) if you want a strong undead PC you have to go with the DMG characters, or contract vampirism in which case you'll probably never worry about HP again.

Please god just give me some Eberron content WIzards. I'm begging you.

Literally what? That was incomprehensible, but somehow I still understood the underlying message: "I have a victim mentality and will never be able to improve myself as a result."

Disgusting.

>What UA subclasses do you want an official release for? What improvements would you want to be made before they're published?

Phoenix Sorcerer. I would like for them to make it good first.

The lore wizard was insulting to any number of classes. For example, the lore wizard's level 2 feature gives them Expertise in 4 skills, which as much as the rogue or bard gets in their entire lifetime, and that's not even the whole feature. The subclass wouldn't have look remotely out of place if it was D&DWiki homebrew.

yeah and some of the generals are useful shit with a very low post rate. sheeeit I actually got anons mad at me for posting too much in one general, like so pissed I just shrugged and never went back.

all of Veeky Forums has died down, but yeah the most prolific posters left and the boards don't cross pollinate. hell it's better than /toy/ where it takes a week to get a single response sometimes.

Attached: 463.jpg (181x236, 14K)

>there is noticeably less discussion about anything then there used to be even like a year ago.
Because the constant mill of one troll thread after another has made it so more and more people just sit in the generals. Hell half the time the generals will talk about shit that isn't 100% related.
>There is a thread at the bottom of the page that literally no one bothered to post in that has been just sitting there for three and a half hours.
Yes and? Who the fuck cares it'll eventually get pushed off. Do you legit have autism where that bothers you to no end?

>the generals will talk about shit that isn't 100% related

name one

>Sorcerer
>Good

How are bladesingers when compared to other Wizard traditions?

5eg

You play to the idea that "I've been trained from birth to be a paragon of nobility/wealth/prosperity/whatever" and make them such. The easiest way is to show how those who deal with them are left better for it, how the ne'er-do-well dread their judgment and decrees, and, in relation to the party, having them give patronage and assistance to causes that are better for their particular occupation.

How do I look user?

Attached: shad trap.jpg (699x1200, 125K)

Self confidence.

Meh.

Negative Energy Flood spell restores hit points to undead.

But it's 5th level

Whats the best class to play with a body like:

Nigga there are generals that have been sitting here for a whole fucking week, there is fuck all discussion going on in here nowadays.

How good is warlock? How to the subclasses play?

Elaborate

>WotC spent several attempts to give Wizards a better magic option than half the Sorcerer subclasses
>Wild Magic wanking of "random, but they're all good" options
>"Enjoy your potted plant, Sorfag"

I feel only pain.

Attached: kenku stuffed.jpg (1035x1920, 258K)

Hexblade is one of the best single-level dips in the entire game.

And why do you think wizards not allowed to have expertise? I don't get it how a Bard can have more arcana than a fucking Wizard.

War Wizards are shit. The Lore Wizard was better at war than they are.

Not that user, but... well, it's mostly because whilst the Bladesinger does have a bit of extra survivability if you get caught in melee, there's no real encouragement to act that way, because the vast majority of wizard spells are best used from a distance. If we had more of the swordmage spells from 4e, they might be a stronger choice.

What do you guys think of this Fighter?

Attached: -Class- Variant Fighter.pdf (PDF, 2.76M)

It's designed to be the spellcasting version of the champion: a simpler character for players who, for one reason or another, want that. That's important to have, even if it's not for you. People on Veeky Forums skew more toward people who want to play wizards and other maximally complicated characters, but we're not all or even most of the wider community.

Bard.

Put him in a position of power and have him not be a miserly cunt.

So I'll have to threaten my DM with a tyre iron to get some close quarters spells to make the build viable?

>Name one
>Currently discussing quest threads and one anons autism over threads sitting on the board forever
Fucking really nigga?

Not all generals are as popular as some, doesn't change any of what was said.

The Lore Wizard was better at about 3 different things, especially when compared to other classes.

fatty

Taking a class that specializes in one thing and trying to retool it to specialize in something completely opposite is dumb. Subclasses sometimes provide a little splash of a different role for use in corner cases, and this confuses people. Playing a bladesinger as a melee fighter is like playing an eldritch knight as a primary spellcaster.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a wizard sublcass getting expertise. The problem is that Lore Wizards at level 2 get as much expertise as a Bard at level fucking 10.

A year or two ago those generals would have been more lively. Now they just drag themselves along like every other shambling zombie of a thread on this board. In another year it'll probably be as quiet as the really dead boards.

If there's no bard in the party i don't really see the problem.

reddit is literally better. if I could navigate that shit I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

also you all are my kind of fags

Attached: you could have stopped this.png (1882x1180, 670K)

Meanie

Attached: 1521239020274.jpg (1200x1600, 307K)

if there is a bard in the party I don't see the problem.

>white
eww

>Wizardfags showing how salty they still are that bards compete with them now

Attached: 1521325202953.png (500x281, 177K)

This is probably alright.

>I have to be better than the other pleyers at their specialty or else I'm not having fun

Reminder Veeky Forums is actually slowly becoming more active over time. The chart doesn't show it but there was a pretty large dropoff after /qst/ was made, which Veeky Forums is still recovering from. This board's not dying by any stretch, though.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 6.27.14 PM.png (1154x367, 109K)

It's almost like times change and nothing is forever. People move on or do things like , also if that's the case fine it'll just mean finding another shit hole browse.

So what's the deal with College of Swords? How is he supposed to act in combat?

Lets have some fun. Players are going to be entering Omu in ToA this Friday. Besides the shit in the book, what sorta stuff should be there /5eg/?

thanks to the guy who responded last time i asked something like this, the modron march by a volcano was fun

>that bards compete

bardfags in denial

Attached: reaction_anmoot.gif (283x310, 678K)