Who would win against Tyranids?

I'm having a discussion with my friend over whether or not a Flood infestation could beat out a Tyranid invasion force, and that also got me thinking if anything else could snuff out a Tyranid infestation without obliterating the planet and other planets in the star system.

Let's have fun.

Attached: TYRANID_CONCEPTS_6.jpg (1309x814, 545K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sf9KjfwoYPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just had a vision of that comic with the guy who beats all the overpowered characters but I can't remember the name of it to find it so I can draw the one I want

Necromorphs win.

Attached: power-man.jpg (1593x5000, 1.16M)

These threads are always incredibly asinine and you should feel bad for making one.

The Bydo Empire.

Attached: Shoot the core.png (384x256, 12K)

Instead of shit-firing, explain why

Necrons. Nids can't eat them.

As an /a/non I gotta admit parts of this are pretty clever, but the original's still better.

>Can a flood infection kill the nids?

Yes, easily in fact. But probably not in the context you have presented. In most cases where you dodn’t intentionally hamstring the flood (like for example, not making the flood start their infestation during the opening acts of a tyranid planetary invasion) the flood would quickly overwhelm the nids.

Basically it's quadratic wizard (flood) vs linear fighter (nids)

At the smallest of scales tyranids probably come out ahead with stronger basic units, better tactics and greater versatility at every level but once the biomass quantities involved reach biosphere levels the tranids are fucked because the flood simply by existing will start to make physics cry.

People see the Flood and only see an aggressive hegemonizing parasitic swarm species. A long time ago that probably would have been an apt discription but they are much *much* more than that now with newer lore. The flood literally start to break spacetime when in high enough concentrations, Hell they somehow make tech spontaneously fail from interstellar distances. The flood are much more of an Eldritch Horror than they are a normal organic hivemind that consumes things. The oversll Floodmind itself doesn't really even exist in normal space as the flood retains all memories from the past no matter when a gravemind comes about. The biomass isn't needed for computational power, it's just there to allow the Gravemind to manifest it’s intellect in reality. The fact that a Gravemind immediately knows everything it does is a sign that the flood doesn't really die even when it's body is destroyed. It just goes "somewhere else" for storage to be recalled when the biomass limit is reached again.

>Anything else could snuff out a Tyranid?

X-Parasites could do it pretty easily. It’s one of the very few bio-horrors stronger then the above mentioned flood.

Attached: 441E68CC-4986-40DF-94AB-9AC93C376D4A.png (1291x2228, 203K)

Tyranids beat flood for sure by the way. The way you beat the flood is be willing to take over and destroy the enemy's constructs and that's one of their specialties. I thought it was flood at first but halfway through writing that argument i realized it has to be tyranids for that reason.

Humans beat tyranids because humans rule.

>Tyranids eat flood DNA and become floodnids
what then

>Flood having dna.
>Implying most of Flood biology isn’t actually based on Neural physics.

The flood literally spent thousands of years stuck in an entropic forerunner freezer wiggling about and blatantly breaking entropy.

Flood biology is literally a middle finger to physics and is openly acknowledged as such even in-universe.

Out-nid them while not allowing your form to let them out-nid you.

Attached: faro plague.png (1480x832, 1.2M)

Depends on what tech the Flood have. Silentium Flood easily takes it.

1) The flood cant infect tyranids
2) how does tyranid warp powers affect flood neural physics powers
3) who has air, armour, infantry and space superiority?

>Flood biology is literally a middle finger to physics and is openly acknowledged as such even in-universe.
FUCKING PRECURSORS!

Here's one I've always been curious about.
BETA vs Tyranids. On the local scale it's obvious the Tyranids would dominate. But when you zoom out to the big-scale picture could the Tyranids pose an actual serious threat to the BETA? Is there a point where sheer economies of scale can overcome any opponent, no matter how powerful they might be?

Attached: Betasize.png (1413x1886, 1.93M)

You know the mile-long ships nids travel in are other nids, right

What the fuck

Came here to post this

Attached: qt.jpg (970x485, 302K)

Xeelee
Photino Birds

And? What does that have to do with anything? Sorry if my pic choice was confusing, I wasn't implying their size had anything to do with this. It was just the first easily available pic I had on hand.
Like I said, on the local scale Tyranids dominate. But in the long run do they stand much chance? There's 10^37 BETA out there. It's unclear whether that means every individual drone or just core hiveminds, but either way it means they're harvesting/have harvested a region of space larger than the entire observable universe. Best case scenario it's referring to drones; assuming rough estimates of 10 billion per core mind and 10 core minds (planetary bodies) per system, that still comes to about 10^25 solar systems. For reference there's 10^21 stars in the observable universe.

Aren't BETA mining machines?
I don't think they can evolve like Nids and the nids would just eat them and get fatter

The Flood might be able to give Bydo a run for their money since they've got a similar sort of physics fuckery going on.

Yeah, they're basically biological von Neumann machines made to strip-mine the universe. And they're quite effective at it.
They can evolve and adapt, and have been shown to do so. The actual amount of adaption witnessed has been somewhat minor, but the story only shows a relatively small window of time featuring a small, young core that hasn't even taken over its entire planet yet. Core minds are highly intelligent, and I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if there are ancient hives out there with adaption abilities that could approach even the Tyranids. Especially with a literal universe's worth of room to evolve and adapt in.

Veeky Forums has already worked out that John Carpenter's The Thing, Metroid's X Parasites, and Starcraft's Zerg would generally defeat, infect, and counter-consume the Tyranids on equal terms.
Tyranids really are just numbers. Their claim to evolution and adaptation is actually incredibly weak both in and out of universe. Almost every Tyranid force looks and behaves exactly the same. Defenses against counter infestation are simply not displayed, but then, no other factions in 40k work on the same vector.
And they're remarkably slow, taking days, weeks, years to take over a planet.

Can Flood cross dimensions,time travel, turn into waveforms,infect virtually everything, store virtually infinite energy and fight a whole dimension infected with Bydo?
IIRC Bydo infected at least 3 dimensions (Their home one, the human one, and the polygonal one you see in Final that is so weird that is composed of energy in form of geometric shapes) and that is not even counting the bullshit in Tactics 2 because I haven't played it yet
Humanity is only alive because the Bydo think "weird" and just slowly colonize planets, if they went full aggressive they would just eat everything.

Attached: R-Type_Tactics_II_Bitter_Chocolate_WP.jpg (1024x768, 171K)

However it merely takes a single cell of an enemy for the Tyranids to unlock the ancestral information hidden away. They don't need to crack the code because they're equally complex genetic engineers. Tyranids operate without technology in any capacity and once enough information is assimilated through sacrifices of expendable forces, they can adapt counter strategies at the molecular level, gestating and deploying an equal force within hours. This has been deemed non-unique to Hive Fleet Gorgon but confirmed to be available as a valid tactic for the entire race.

Look at how the Orks and Tyranids are handling each other in the Octarius War. Tyranids ate shit IMMEDIATELY. They know how to fight asymmetrically, they understand and adapt endlessly through the control of the Hive Mind. They execute every strike as a massive super organism rather than the scuttling hordes that they appear to be. This is WITHOUT the influence of Hive Tyrants or Norn Queens or even their ships. They went from a handful of survivors from a massive fleet to spring back across the most inhospitable sector of 40K space since the Imperium set up a firewall across the Damocles Gulf. Hell even with the new reality glory hole that split the galaxy in half, Octarius is still in the top 5 places that you don't fucking go to (If you're not an Ork or Tyranid.).

>John Carpenter's The Thing
Out of curiosity, where does Blacklight/Alex Mercer from Prototype fall in comparison to The Thing? Might need to make the assumption that it's the evil dickhead from 2 with no qualms about spreading.

He and his son could probs take them on tbqhwy senpai.

Attached: images (23).jpg (313x470, 53K)

Like fuck we decided that the Zerg could out perform the Tyranids! That is still on the table and don't you dare try that shit again.

Alex is the thing given human thoughts and limitles growth. Where the thing seems to need other varbon lifeforms to grow, and is virtually indestructable, it can only expand as much as it consumes and follows reasonable shapeshifting rules.
Alex is somehow heavier than a tank at will yet can Run on walls at 200+mph.

Last thread I was in generally agreed that unless the nids had an utterly overwhelming numbers advantage at the very outset (i.e. dropping an entire hive fleet on a planet with no buildup), then the benefits of "purity of essence" would mean their infestation can only go one way.

Tyranids are not about infestation. They're about consumption and adaptation at levels that still outpace the Zerg. Whats more is that the Zerg have been shown to fall prey to the right kind of psychic influence, something that can easily be exerted over them by the likes of a Warrior, Zoanthrope and even a Tyrant. The Zerg can (And likely will) have their forces stolen from them and thrown right back in their faces.

Neat, thank you for the analysis.

Once the zerg acquire any amount of Tyranid essence from the first wave of an invasion then it's really not going to matter. They'd immediately gain all the same benefits of rapid adaptation and immunity to their own bio-armaments.
Just having a psychic isn't enough to wrench control of the zerg if they have a control organism (queens, cerebrates, broodmothers, or psionic infested terrans) on the same battlefield. Protoss can't command zerg, powerful terran psychics need devices to facilitate commanding zerg, and even then they lose dominance when a control organism is anywhere nearby. Many times of SC and SC2, Kerrigan just immediately hijacks captive zerg to her benefit.

Because Kerrigan is a McGuffin and she'd lose a slugging match with a Swarmlord.

Regardless of benefits, it is a biologic arms race that the Zerg only recently learned how to prepare for and once they've accepted Tyranid genes into their midst, they've already lost. Tyranid cells corrupt and consume. The Kroot and Astartes are both forbidden from eating the flesh of Tyranids to abuse both of these groups respective digestion based shenanigans. The Kroot learned that the flesh corrupts those that consume and share, this is the point where Tyranid presence is an infestation as the cells themselves are even weaponized. The Zerg would have to fight at the cellular, psychic and physical levels against an enemy that has had eons more experience. Purity of Essence means little since it is ultimately dogmatic and has nothing to do with the war in question. Whats more Tyranids aren't controllable by anything but their own synapse creatures, canonically. First waves would be one hell of a time but Tyranids produce more units, faster, and aren't expending any biomass while still doing damage to this species that operates as an emulation of their prowess. A Zerg force would need plot armor tiers of writing to just survive a Tyranid splinter fleet, let alone overcome it.

And while I'm at it, this same argument applies against the Flood too. Not even accounting for how Tyranids can work around exploiting the issue Flood has for needing a proper central nervous system.

Folks need to stop comparing against 40K because they're generally going to outright lose.

The Culture could tank Tyranids.
X Parasites will dunk on Tyranids.
The Flood doesn't have a leg to stand on.
The Zerg are legitimately outperformed in what they thought was their own game.

>Regardless of benefits, it is a biologic arms race that the Zerg only recently learned how to prepare for and once they've accepted Tyranid genes into their midst, they've already lost. Tyranid cells corrupt and consume. The Kroot and Astartes are both forbidden from eating the flesh of Tyranids to abuse both of these groups respective digestion based shenanigans. The Kroot learned that the flesh corrupts those that consume and share, this is the point where Tyranid presence is an infestation as the cells themselves are even weaponized. The Zerg would have to fight at the cellular, psychic and physical levels against an enemy that has had eons more experience
Zerg don't take in the biomatter of their enemies, they take in a psionic magic-stuff called essence. As far as can be told, there's no way to prevent one's essence from being taken without having purity of form, and once it's taken then the essence is made zerg due to purity of essence. There is no possibility of "corrupting" or devouring from within. It's not dogmatic, it's explained in SC1's manual as to what it actually means. The zerg can take in anything else and make it zerg, and never be taken in themselves and made not-zerg.
If even a few tyranid creatures were to die and have their essence processed, there's no meaning in anything further. The tyranids lose access to all bioweapons that don't affect themselves, the zerg can spawn their own synapse creatures (that owe allegience only to the zerg), and so on. Now that might not work, like maybe it just gives them control to the hive mind, but the hive mind has never actually been documented in how it works on any individual level except when psykers try to communicate with it, and thus it wouldn't really be for us to say.

Simple.

Attached: AVFLM1M.jpg (1720x1236, 530K)

Essence isn't some psionic magic mumbo-jumbo. It is literally explained that in order to take on the essence of their prey, the prey is CONSUMED or ASSIMILATED. That means that Tyranid cells, not even accounting for the OP bullshit of Tyranid Phage Cells (Which all 'nids carry...) are going to do their job. How do you extract essence from something that still fights with high lethality after death?

Furthermore, it is documented that it takes many different levels of Essence to even evolve what the Zerg need. They're limited by time, attrition, slowed rates of assimilation/consumption...

Everything about their process is under attack. Rippers will eat Creep like it is a delicious taffy and then jump into digestion pools. The very minute a Norn Queen gets that material, the target species is doomed. This happened to dozens of Ork warbands, this has happened to entire Chapters of Space Marines. This has happened to Tau worlds. This has happened to Eldar Exodites. The only factions that are safe are Necrons since Living Metal is still inorganic and Daemons because Tyranids can't figure out how to digest not-reality.

Saitama

Yes. What about deadpool? (The deadpool kills the universe one)

Florida Man.

Warhammer is on a completely different power level then Halo, so this discussion is redundant.

Attached: 2154267376241256.jpg (2768x1200, 863K)

I'm fairly certain they'd both just become a single new force. The Tyranids take what's good about a species and uses for themselves. The Flood takes the biomass of a species and uses it for themselves. They'd join perfectly.

Tyranids have this strange issue where they seem to either not care about, or not be subject to conservation of energy.

The T'au obviously, they can just out-evolve and adapt the Tyranids

Attached: file.png (170x342, 113K)

Actually in one side thing they showcase BETA that actually learned what "War" is, and made newer BETA types meant for it, such as the Laser-Fort class, which is a fucking huge ass monstrosity that can fire even bigger lasers and doesn't give two shits about friendly fire.

I didn't remember it this way

The Inquisition and Officio Assassinorum basically made Alex Mercer-lite in the form of Legienstrasse.

She was able to instantly absorb biomass on touch and mutate.

Faced off against Lysander, Assault Marines, 1st Company Veterans, Scout snipers, a Emperor’s Champion, grandmaster of the Vindicare, and grandmaster of the Culexus and basically won the fight before escaping.

Second fight was Lysander, Terminators, grandmaster Vindicare, am Emperor’s Champion, and an Eversor. Only the Eversor could keep up with her, and still got trashed. They only won because they were smart and got lucky when the Eversor blew up, and Lysander decapiated her crippled body, and had to sit around and smash her remains with his TH because she was regenerating - and he was the only survivor.

>Second fight was Lysander, Terminators, grandmaster Vindicare, am Emperor’s Champion, and an Eversor
And a Librarian

The flood will always have precursor tech to pull from once they reach sufficient concentration, or even before then. In fact the Flood were constructing/hotwiring a slipspace drive into the Mona Lisa (starship)despite being being feral. The Gravemind in Halo 3 evenretooled High Charity for Neural Physics FTL transit. Also the times they constructed the infamous *star roads*

The Flood are technically Precursors after al and they always have Precursors tech stores inside the gravemind thanks to neural physics.

Yes.

A lower one ever since the forerunner novels got released.

This is absolute gayest shit in the entire universe and its creator needs to get reamed by a rusty chainsword.

Saitama can never count, since the only reason he can’t one-shot the entire universe is because half of it is behind him. That’s canon. And bullshit.

>One of th emost influential comic superheroes of earlier times
>The absolute gayest shit
I think you've been poisoned by your own machismo.

X parastites

Attached: 473C9E84-D975-4067-976C-51DEE13819DE.jpg (400x240, 73K)

Flood and blame Greg Bears for writing the novel

still cant beat gurren lagann

What about Necromorphs from Dead Space?
>psychic shenanigans
>death cults
>advanced tech for above
>energy source for above
>absorbs biomass
>extremely mutagenic

Sounds about as bad as The Thing

Here's the original.

Attached: Power Man.png (1593x5000, 661K)

one word... Gravemind.

This near omnipotent creature is the final stage lf the flood lifecycle. Everything and anything assimilated by the flood is absorbed by the gravemind. It retains the memories of all things touched by the flood and the memories of all previous graveminds. Killing the current gravemind only strengthens it as another will take its place with all of its memories. The flood does not just consume what it touches, it bonds with matter both living and dead to create something more. All flood aee mearly just appendages of the gravemind. Any tryanid slain or taken into the fold will only serve to improve the graveminds understanding of his newest challenge. Eventually circumventing any attempts to deter him. We would likely see the tyranids realize that any flood infected matter they take in is only causing more tyranids to spread the infection. The gravemind could very well make all flood flesh toxic to biotic beings thus rendering the flood impossible to consume for a time until the tyranids can adapt. But by that point his advantage is already apparent as he has moved steps ahead and has begun his counter manuever.

The tyranids are creatures of hunger, evolution and instinct. While the flood is a galactic infection given sentience, so much so that they have already won.

forgot pic

Attached: gravemind-542x542-90110729a3d5407db0db3fcbc286ca92.jpg (542x542, 75K)

Gravemind vs X parasite?

Except that the tyranids would literally break down the Floods genetic make up and essentially wipe them out through the sheer amount of death and assimilation, at any stage of their progression. Especially towards the end of a tyranid invasion. The flood is weak shit in comparison

They can’t. The kind of things the Flood do with their precursor technology exceeds what the Necrons can.

>that Gold Experience Requiem
topkek

It took me a while to recognize it

>Alex Mercer from Prototype fall in comparison to The Thing

The thing is pretty weak i mean Alex survives a nuke at the end of the game, not sure there was any statement on his potential and how strong he would get, the thing gets wrecked by fire.

But can they beat Abathur in a slapping contest?

CHECKMATE 40KUCKS

>Legienstrasse.

This had to be somebodies fetish
>Lays eggs

How? Theyre pretty shit small scale, and when they get full scale... theyre a planet made of biomass... nids would love it

Small flood force vs small nid force... nids stomp
Planetary flood force vs planetary nids... nids stomp
Galactic scale war with them, flood stomps because they get retardedly strong at that level

> Starcraft's Zerg would generally defeat

Lol no

Why do I get the feeling people arguing against the Tyranids don't even play 40k...
Some of these arguments show a complete lack of understanding the types of Nids and how they operate

Phazon and X parasites. Enough Metroids could work too

>The tyranids are creatures of hunger, evolution and instinct. While the flood is a galactic infection given sentience, so much so that they have already won.

You realize the Hive Mind is a thing, and that the Tyranids have already wiped out multiple galaxies, right?

The Flood lost to a single Spartan and an unfinished Halo.

A grey goo race that can eat bio matter to make robots, that the Tryanids themselves cant eat.

Attached: Futurama.nano_benders.png (720x400, 445K)

I don’t think *you* actually know what the nu-flood even is if you think this.

Go on mate, get off your high horse and tell us about this ‘complete lack of understanding’ we have. Tell us why tyranids would win instead of saying it.

well, we know about them coming from outside the galaxy, but not if its their home galaxy, or just one in a string of conquests. they could be running away from something and following the astronomican. that's pretty gimdark, the Tyranids running away from something worst.

A famished Flood lost to lots of marines, elites, 343 guilty spark & sentinels, etc. He had lots of help & this is the Flood at their weakest.

Beta uprising when?

Nu-canon makes it magic mumbo jumbo. It's stupid.

>Flood peak.

Silentium Flood is essentially the catch all moniker used to describe the Flood once they achieved critical mass from having consumed trillions of bodies and the brainpower they hold that they form complex command nodes encompassing whole star systems referred to as Keyminds. Once they achieved that stage the flood’s powers of parallel processing reach such a critical point that they will reaquire their long since dormant Precursor memories and begin putting those memories into practical use through the application of such things as star roads and logic plagues amung other things.

The power behind the endgame flood isn't that there's merely more infected bodies to kill, the issue is that the more the Flood spread the more knowledge they’ll start pulling from their Precursor memories and thus the greater their processing capacity becomes as a result. You're not just fighting super tough as balls to kill Zombies with bullets, but a distributed organic supercomputer that possesses both the combined processing power of all organic material consumed in addition to the slow reawakening of the intellects from *all* prior infected beings across history. Enabling them to do bullshit like corrupting spacetime by their proximity or fight using esoteric stuff such as the Logic Plague.

Speaking of logic plauge.

Pt 1.

Attached: 60C857DF-F047-4E75-897F-8110D5B83FA1.jpg (565x284, 72K)

Culture is pretty absurdly OP, they could probably do it. Effectors can probably fuck with Synapse from lightyears away, and a large enough swarm of EDust is pretty much unstoppable, and can certainly adapt faster than Tyranids can

It would come down to a question of how long the fight dragged out.
Tyranids are superior in their physical forms, and could probably win pretty consistently if they came in hard, fast, and specifically targeted the Flood in order to prevent them from gaining enough mass to form a Gravemind. On a level of squad-v-squad all the way up to planetary-level combat, Tyranids win.
If, however, the Flood manage to get off their first outbreak world, and spread to other systems, even if just in the form of a single spore... Then things get interesting.
The Flood, as an entity, seem to exist outside of our understanding of space and time, or at least the Gravemind and all the stored information and knowledge of all the Flood consumed does. They require biomass to connect this mind to the real world in a tangible way, which is both their weakness and their strength. Weakness because without their biomass, they are unable to act on the world. Strength because it means that the Gravemind cannot ever be killed, only deprived of it's ability to act for a time.
Thus, in a long-term war of attrition, the advantage starts to shift to the Flood. Once they get enough mass for a Gravemind, their infection spreads faster and faster, which leads into another point.
Flood are not limited to the biological. They are extremely adept at using the technology of those they infect. Even AIs are not safe; Cortana's time on High Charity with the Gravemind shows just how invasive and effective the Gravemind is at breaking even a digital mind. This means that the Flood is much better able to utilize force-multipliers; a fleet infected by Flood gives them not only biomass, but all the guns, craft, and other technology aboard; Tyranid infection aboard the same fleet only harvests the biomass.

In short, Tyranids have the early advantage, Flood dominates the late-game.

This guy, if he abuses his ability to split into multiple bodies
youtube.com/watch?v=sf9KjfwoYPE

Attached: Aptom.jpg (300x495, 84K)

>X Parasites will dunk on Tyranids.

Now, X Parasites could certainly take a nasty chunk out of Tyranids due to how aggressively fast-spreading and tailor-made for dealing with organic prey they are.

But there's a few sticking points in that matchup that make me doubt they could actually wipe out the entire Tyranid race:

1. X Parasites perfectly copy their prey, from their physiology, intelligence level, and memories. This could introduce a toe-hold for the Hive Mind to seize control of an X Parasite that has copied any non-Synapse creatures. Admittedly due to uncertainties of this hypothetical on both sides (if an X Parasite copies a Synapse creature, does it have its own small network independent of the Hive Mind, or does it still link back to the Hive Mind?), this may just be a wash.

2. X Parasites are only as intelligent as whatever they've copied, compared to the Tyranids being directed by the Hive Mind. Once the Hive Mind is aware of the threat the X Parasites represent, they will have strategic advantage. If X Parasites were naturally intelligent enough to take advantage of the alpha strike potential they have against Tyranids, it would be very dire, but they don't, and the sheer number of the Tyranids means they can sustain the heavy losses and still leverage their strategic superiority to eliminate the X.

3. The best countermeasure for the X Parasites were Metroids - biologically engineered by the Chozo. You better believe that after first contact the Tyranids would be able to engineer similar energy-draining organisms resistant to the X.

Yeah, so Aptom is basically The Thing in a setting where biotechnology is so powerful that there are guys with organs that shoot black holes. And he can combine the best aspects of any DNA he's sampled and improve on it. And he's immune to psychic powers.

Attached: Aptom's current combat form.jpg (600x563, 136K)

Another thing to keep in mind is the Logic Plauge, and how that thing just fucks up all kinds of shit. To make this clear, I'll have it explained to you all through this post;

>the Logic Plague is described so inconsistently that it probably represents the Forerunner parameters for a series of OCP events rather than a singular assault. First it comes from an esoteric subversion of AI runtimes outside of Forerunner data parameters (so much so that the AI itself cannot detect the intrusion) that leads to a stream of exchanged consciousness that subverts the already compliant intelligence. Then in one instance it's the Gravemind poking his virtual tendrils into an FTL communication relay and infecting a widespread data network operated by cyborgs, the next it's merely proximity contact with organic Flood forms (not even the Gravemind is involved) that rapidly subvert AI, finally it literally becomes a form of malediction - an arcane term in which even organics can be quietly tweaked for the long term propagation of the Gravemind's goal. The Logic Plague seems to be less of a definition for a lone computer virus/trojan horse/software intrusion/a conversation/data exchange and more of an engineered memetic instance through multiple higher vectors (data, ideas, direct dimensional manipulation etc.) intended to directly benefit the Flood and propagate to it's natural end state (i.e. total saturation), sort of the equivalent of a higher context, high volume smothering that's defined broadly by their inability to predict, defend against or even adequately expunge the corruption itself.

Attached: Infectionforms_Halo1.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Attached: Rtype3-4 (2).png (256x223, 25K)

We know the Bydo can win, but can R-Type humans win against the Tyranids? Afaik, their fighter ships are all equipped with planet crackers.

Tyranids can and do eat metal.

It's canon that almost all R-Type ships and their general units are throwing around petatons like candy, and several of their ships harness either Bydo flesh as a power source, or a merger between that and some frankly esoteric shit (Such as Sweet Memories harnessing the stress and nightmares that it's pilots suffer through the Bydo war as a means of fuel, and Platonic Love seemingly using "Love" as it's own powerbase, along with it being a Bydo ship and as such, the ability to move between being something physical, to a waveform, which all Bydo do casuslly). They stomp the Tyranids utterly in most encounters with just their basic shit, let alone their middling tier stuff.

Attached: BX-2_Platonic_Love.jpg (640x480, 35K)

To me all ships have the potential to let out the Final wave cannon but they all break after using it besides the Ragnarok 2 and the end models equipped with the Ragnarok cannon
The human destroyers are kinda weak in Tactics but then everything else is weaker too because game mechanics

The Universal Union could do it head-over-heels I imagine.

Their police force may be beatable but a token invasion conquered Earth in seven hours and left it intact. With a mutli-universal empire they're beyond anything in 40k.

Attached: hl2_combine_by_mysemannen.jpg (1000x800, 103K)

>ancient stars colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants, inhabited
by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the
membranes where dimensions intersect...Impossible to describe with our limited
vocabulary!
The Combine stomp most settings in all honesty.

Attached: Combine_metrocop.jpg (1280x1024, 408K)

I have a feeling if they wanted to destroy said planet the Nids were on, it'd be more like the Seven Second War.

This post pretty much sums up the thread.

90% of these retards don't know anything about Tyranid fluff.