Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2127: I Dream of New Jumps Edition

>Google Drive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chats:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules:
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread:

Attached: 516548468451.pdf (PDF, 5.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3irym7Lv
youtube.com/watch?v=VpqIcf3cIAU
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58414542/#58421035
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Question about Fate/Zero to anyone who knows about the universe.

If you have a high Item Creation skill could you unlink Irisviel from the Holy Grail?

Why are perks more popular than items?

Show me your pirate ships please.

Attached: Sailors-Assigned-to-USS-Constitution-Kick-Off-Participation-in-Buffalo-Navy-Week.jpg (530x370, 193K)

Val DBS jump when pls

You can often steal or make your own items. Usually with the same perks.

I don't see how, could you explain? You could try to unlink her using the grail notes, but that's in another fate jump.

Thanks to whoever linked this comic in the last thread.

Attached: 20100308.jpg (675x900, 151K)

Why would that make any difference?

I need DBS, pls

Irisviel was made to be the Lesser Grail. I am wondering if Item Creation EX could modify her so she isn't the Lesser Grail

Que? What is it?

Reposting the completed Jump for the new thread.

Questions, comments, suggestions, grammar nitpicking is all appreciated.

Attached: Etrian Odyssey 5_ Beyond the Myth 1.0.pdf (PDF, 6.07M)

I love DBS

You'd need a lot more than that. From what little I can remember she is body mind and soul rooted into that thing. When it comes to soul stuff The Books of Nagash are a good thing to have. The Cardcaptor Sakura Drop-in perkline and the Kaleidoscope would also be wise investments.

But you arent creating anything. Why not have an actual plan first like creating a parasytic magical artifact that latches onto her link with the grail and inserts itsself there as a filter sucking in dark grail magic and feeding her purified human consumable voodoo? Make a plan give some details!

My child-like sense of humor will never not be tickled by new and creative ways for one person to tell another person to shut up.

"Ow My Sanity"

Attached: 20100330.jpg (675x900, 168K)

For those who took the Reincarnation option in God of Highschool, what does your god form look like?

Not just in terms of what god you chose, but how did you decide to represent it aesthetically? Did you just go all out in matching the mythological appearance as closely as possible, or did you go for something more animu: old man gods being far younger, animalistic gods just looking like regular human with a few key attributes in tact, ect.?

Attached: tumblr_ouznveKbO51votbxgo1_1280.jpg (1280x960, 401K)

>But you arent creating anything.
To be fair Caster of Black was an expert at creating and modifying Homonculi so I was wondering if I was better than him if I could do something similiar. Particularly since I am not certain the Einzbern are better at homonculi creation than a heroic spirit.

>soul rooted into that thing
That might actually be a major issue :(

Weird, did not mean to link that to the OP.

I saw this was posted last thread but got overlooked

Attached: Flow JC.pdf (PDF, 671K)

I have dreams about DBS.

Are there some jumps that you think are fine, but have one mechanic, perk, item, or other option that just pisses you off for some reason? Doesn't need to be a rational reason, doesn't need to be reasonable.

Just looking to commiserate while working on this fucking thing.

DBS is my waifu

My love for DBS knows no bounds

Rotten Egg or whatever it's called from Deadman Wonderland infuriates me.

Not just because it comes with an inherent drawback, or that I think it's not a good perk to include. I just can't stand how goddamn vague it is on whether it persists after the jump ends. I could honestly deal even if it did, but the fact that it doesn't say one way or the other makes it infinitely more frustrating for me.

One of my companions was the reincarnation of the Simurgh. She gets dog ears and wings in god form. And some stonking huge tits, because the Simurgh is a fertility symbol among other things.

Also bring heavy duty purification magics. The grail has the mythical source of all evil in in it so she's going to be 37 flavors of corrupted and a crazy as well.

>spoiler
I mean. I guess

I too think highly of DBS

Weakness of beatrice maker of magic. I hate it. I hate that val thought it was a good idea to toss out a perk that lets you completely alter an entire settings magical system for literally everyone arbitrarily weaker than yourself on a whim.

how long till I get shitposted at for saying it now?

Jumpchain, the Priests of the Near East need your help!

...in all seriousness, I have no clue what to make for the Priest/Scholar 300 CP perk in the Bronze Age Collapse Jump.

Any ideas or suggestions are much desired.

For reference, the existing perks I have for that line can be found here: pastebin.com/3irym7Lv

Any suggestions, criticisms, or comments on those are also welcome.

Attached: Melty_blood_necoA_ending.png (640x480, 293K)

DBS the great piece of superior Japanese Storytelling & animation

I plan to suck the evil straight out of the Grail using X-Vaccine from Digimon World 4 in order to get tons of super forms

But muh precedent.

>lack of concrete information

You know, that's fair. That's a fair reason to get irritated.

DBS Jump when?

DBS Jump when?

DBS Jump when?

Thats one way to go about it I suppose. But also bring therapy/memory scrubber powers in that case. Being exposed to the sum of human cruelty is not good for the mind.

Reminder that the only appropriate use of that perk is adding microtransactions to a world's current magic system.

Changing any future jump setting seems a bit cheap at 100 CP. Maybe make that the 300 CP entry, and find a new 100 CP perk. My suggestion: unlike the ancient scholars, what you write will be perfectly preserved in one form or another, and interpreted correctly by those who find it in the future.

DBS jump please. I am having a breakdown.

Yeah that is fair. I have somethings for that so not to bad. I can have my groups Sylph of Heart restore her soul to it's natural state and give her therapy. For memory scrubbing it may be a bit hard due to her magic circuits and innate resistance but I can probably work it out.

Bye jc. Thanks for all the memories.

....That's fucking genius. Some mana most be paid to the magic god(Jumper) in order to cast this spell sort of thing? Or just straight money?

Did you know it is physically impossible to choke yourself to death? Go ahead, try it. You lose the grip when you call unvonscious and start breathing again.

Val, all this hyping is beginning to make you look desperate. Relax and know we're all so very excited that you are making this, OK?

Fuck off OA.

What, you just give them the spell? No. The mana pays for a gacha, which grants them a random spell that is usually worse, but COULD be a legendary incantation!

I mean, I was thinking money.

Mana could work too, I suppose.

So I need some help with perks, mmmaybe drawbacks too. This is what I got - once i fix up some initial shit i just have to fluff it out.

Attached: Legend of Zelda 1 & 2_ The Adventure of Link Jumpchain WIP (1).pdf (PDF, 1.03M)

We're all excited except

I’m not, I couldn’t give less of a shit

>implying your sarcasm wasn't obvious

Is there any chance of your inspiration for Godbound returning?

I've never watched Dragon Ball or any related material and honestly could not care less about whatever is even tangentially related to it.

World of Warcraft's multiclass thing, and the fact that Manyfist forced OAA to carry it over into the update.

Even if the update's not happening, before you shitheads start acting up - It's literally never been a thing besides Med'an, who so far has been pretty much thrown out of canon. He's not a thing and yet people forced it to be a thing, and it's irritating as someone who used to play it.

I hate that you constantly bitch at her for putting in an ability that is in the setting and works exactly as it does in the setting and at a high price, especially when you only ever bring up interjump balance as an argument for why it is bad. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the perk

t. NuBee

Its been a few months since I was present for for a hybrid quirk discussion. Anyone have any interesting combos to share? I'm trying to build a list in advanced so picking them out for companions does not take forever.
This is what I have so far.

Fiber Body + Black Hole = (Hawking's Knot) A body made of threadlike black holes hiding beneath skin. (The Quirk I went with on my last go through MHA)
Soundgarden + Meatball = (Genetic Opera) The power to manipulate flesh through song. (Made and named by a different user)
Fungal Growth + Little Pompeii = (En-shroom) The power to spray hostile spores from ones finger tips and control the resulting fungus
Bone spear + Dental Manipulation = (Marquis de Bones) The power to grow ones own bones and manipulate them.

If you have a valid complaint about the perk, i.e it's not one complaining because of how it affects stuff in other jumps, then I'd be happy to listen.

Attached: 1521435013455.jpg (850x1201, 961K)

>baiting them when you know they can't justify their salt

Queen Bee+Popcorn=Literally this
youtube.com/watch?v=VpqIcf3cIAU

Sludge Form+Sleeper=Can wear people like suits and rifle through their memories.

Hm...I'll definitely consider it.

Unless another option comes to mind, you can expect those changes to be implemented.

Attached: T6EvfNM.png (800x571, 693K)

It looks really good, but the original post did say it was going to go through a bunch of revisions. So there's not much to say at this point? It has some overly verbose wording in places but I'm probably the only one who cares about that sort of thing.

I try to give people a chance at first, even if I don't hold much confidence that they will go through on it. Sides I got some cute tops today so I'm in a good mood.

Considering the question they responded to explicitly said 'doesn't need to be reasonable', then I'd wager yes, that was a foregone conclusion, user.

What's this picture trying to say?

To those of you who have jumped the RWBY settings: what factored went into for making/ what did you choose for your semblances?

Attached: smuggg.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Maybe a drawback about it being easy to screw yourself if you try to sequence break? Because that sure was the case in the first two Zelda games.

I thought it was fine. As was said last time, it’s a shallow change, not one that gives you a major advantage.

Haven't jumped them. Probably won't.

Watchmaker + Analysis = Shatterpoint
Strike people or things, maybe both if you buy a rank up, with inhuman precision to produce a variety of debilitating effects, Fist of the North Star style.

Queen Bee + Tool Arms = Wonder Swarm
Literally Wonderful 101 with bugs.

Who is that?

I love the idea behind Represent, but the fact that it only works on Semblances means its growth post-jump requires more work than I'm willing to put in.

disguised ice cream

I've only come up with a few in my spare time. And I'll freely admit I stole them from other sources.

Temperature Modification + Assault = Overheat - The user can raise their own body temperature, increasing the strength of their punches proportionally. While the user can withstand heating their body up to incredible temperatures after a certain point it begins damaging the body and mind. User also have some issue cooling themselves back down.

Queen Bee + Graffiti = Graffitbee - The user generates and controls small insects that can spray out blasts of color in a similar manner to spray cans in a whole variety of colors. Not really useful in hero or villain work, but a neat quirk for creating street art quickly in all sorts of impossible locations.

Double + (Clones + Lumber = Golem) - An odd culmination of quirks that allows the user to imbue and then grow intelligence in plants. User cannot create or rapidly grow the plants in any way, but over the course of several years can create independent plant creatures roughly as intelligent as very smart pets. Because of the inability to rapidly replace plant creatures destroyed in the line of hero work as well as the intelligence of them, the quirk user is unwilling to pursue a career in the hero trade.

I've only glanced through that jump. So if I'm getting this right, there's a handful of unique/special semblances that you can buy, but otherwise you just kinda make something up, kinda like how stand creation is treated?

I had a power already in mind, and Hazardous Interruptions isn't a setting I'm very invested in, so I used that as an opportunity to take it. It's called Snowspark, and converts any amount of cold that I generate into equivalent amounts of Heat.

I snatched up Represent because Friendship is a major theme of my Jumper.

>All these bee quirks

I have a horrific idea!
Queen Bee + Erasure(Or any gaze based quirk really) = "AAAGH Not the Bees!" Causes bees to erupt from underneath the skin of whomever the user is looking at.

I wasn't aware we were allowed to do that?

Abyssal, because companions can't afford it. Also, making my own monsters appeals to me.

Attached: when you remember you left the oven on.png (1920x1080, 658K)

That's how I did it. There's also Hazredous Interruptions, which despite it being a fanfiction jump did something right in letting the user simply create their own semblance instead of limiting them.

Represent has always been interesting, but same. Unless you get a bunch of Semblance wielders post jump it becomes an 'eh' ability.

...isn't that just the Salamander thing from double cross? Jokes aside, that sounds really cool.

Here it was.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58414542/#58421035

How do the Sword and Shield compare to their counterparts in other LoZs?

I did consider the Salamander powers, but their use is active and debilitates me, whereas the version I created in Hazardous Interruptions functions passively without consuming resources.

Origin-locked racial options for Fire Emblem Telius
Origin-locked racial options for Fire Emblem Fates
Mandatory memories for Crusader Kings
Companion import pricing for Undertale
Ambiguous and unexplained risks for the Undercon wonder in Infinicon
Fox's Wedding banned in the Servant Supplement
No Alter Ego servants allowed for FGO's Summoning perk

Abyssal. I figured if grim can be made to emulate almost any kind of animal, why not just specialize in Grimm parasites that I can use to modify the human body in countless different ways.

You've already got a Meatball in there, but I love that one quirk someone suggested that's, I think it was
>Melting Point+Meatball
>You just glare at people and they fucking melt
For maximum body horror, you could probably have the melting speed not be consistent or clean.
Like, they realize that they're having trouble seeing because their face is sloughing off, but when they reach up to push their temple out of their eyes, their arm falls off. They don't have time to ruminate on this, because it's around then that one of their legs gives out and the impact with the floor reduces them to a chunky puddle.
It'd probably share the same weakness as Meatball, so you getting punched hard enough will cause everyone to snap back to normal.

Lack of companion options in many early jumps. Danny Phantom really gets me, because I want a pose of ghosts and half-ghosts. I also want to companion people early chain without needing a pod or feather.

How powerful would one have to be to stop Kuja from destroying Terra?
Preferably without killing him, I'd like to companion him of at all possible. Or should I just let him nuke the red planet?

Attached: kuja.jpg (800x450, 320K)

>pose
"posse".
If you wanted a pose of ghosts, you should jump Jojo.

Flashback + Search = Virtual Reality - Quirk user is able to track and record three-dimensional data from around any target touched. They can swap points of view and even walk around in these "recordings" as extremely high speeds to inspect the surroundings from brand new angles. The quirk user has problems using their own senses, being rendered nearsighted and hard of hearing due to the amount of extra information pouring through their mind. These weaknesses are exasperated the more targets they track at once, but to a hundred targets rendering them totally blind and deaf unless viewing their surroundings through one of their viewpoints.

I'm really a fan of this one I came up with.

Attached: ccd26405fa0ef0b1dc62373d7c063cb8.png (703x703, 530K)

Companion pricing in Dark Souls 1. Even if it IS fitting in with the tone of the setting, it still disappoints me that I have to either neglect my own build, or ignore ALL this fun, interesting shit that I could hand out to Companions. It just feels wasteful.

Meatball, like black hole, Makes any hybrid it gets put into wonderful.

Kind of like this, but less sexual.

Attached: ry69U0b.jpg (1200x1500, 476K)

Something to help me fist dykes and get my waifu. I don't know what the show is about though

Attached: Neopolitan4.jpg (600x600, 180K)

Which sword and shield?

The freebies are basically around the level of a deku shield and kokiri sword by my estimation, their magical counterparts are around the level of the Master Sword in damage(lacking the anti-evil/sealing attribute) and the mirror shield (if we're using ocarina)

Is there anything better than importing your entomophobic companions as Boogeymen in Nightmare Before Christmas?

>less sexual
Not sure if Bancho.