Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Radical edition

>Mephrit dynasty and Destroyers
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/20/preview-the-mephrit-dynasty-and-destroyersgw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=433TfpTq0wM [Open]

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Tau Codex:
Epub
mega.nz/#!M8Fi0CaI!sk5MB-ZX9GAO8iNACYAue2MF4OmTi3xT_Q4zLXGVQvA
PDF
mega.nz/#!AbQG0CbA!RhIyj5eq1SUXx7m0oaDKVPhTfw5h6ibYQ0mSZRCGPTA

Attached: radical inquisitor.jpg (573x811, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40000conquest.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for me

dark eldar leaks when

ravioli ravioli give me the drugioli

Reminder that GW hates your dudes

Attached: Sketch20214529~01.png (621x253, 177K)

Attached: [Waaagh Intensifies].gif (480x270, 1.28M)

[childish shooty noises]

Attached: blocks your path.jpg (2016x1512, 1.18M)

This thread is claimed for Big dick Slater in the green Navigator taker of bitches and painter of blue.

Does anyone know what "rank" would be in command of a Piranha or Hammerhead? I'm guessing a Shas'ui. GW has them painted as Shas'la but they don't know shit about their own fluff so that isn't proof of anything.

Attached: Piranha.jpg (920x950, 77K)

7th for IMPERIAL FISTS

Attached: imperialfists.webm (766x494, 3M)

guards tank lines make me feel funny

post your latest work lads

Attached: krieg rider.jpg (2048x1536, 228K)

>paint /your dudes/ /your colors/
>use chapter rules of choice

and if your opponent has a problem with that, whip out your dick and slap his warlord off the table edge with it

I really want to start a Steel Legion army, but the fact that GW only sells the infantry squad and a few heavy weapons teams kills it for me. Plus they're all metal. Really wish they would release a plastic or at least resin sprue of them

FUCK

>Gee whizz Billy, your mom lets you have FOUR TRACKS?

>Shoves the codex astartes up Guilliman's ass

Dont bother getting up Guilliman.

Attached: leEmpChampionF-02.jpg (384x512, 34K)

this should be the only answer. maybe i just play more chill than the rest of you but if some dude thinks his space marines feel like iron warriors that day, for sure i dont mind, gonna enslave them all and rape em anyway with my deldar

>superhuman warriors trained from adolescence in the ways of war and discipline
>can't march in cadence

heh, nothin personnell girlyman

It is indeed a bitch to convert them. The optimal way to equip sergeants is with bolters, but of course no such model exists and you have to resort to the saw and wire cutters to make it happen. Even so, you end up with a lot of similar-looking guys.

Maybe plastics, one day...

Attached: 20180210_175927.jpg (1008x756, 355K)

Why does it look like he's trying to masturbate his sword?

all part of the morning rituals battle-brother

Can someone sell me on a contemptor crunch wise? Is it strictly just for melee?

Not completely happy with this, I'll probably go back and do some more work on him later. I just wanted to get him done with the rest of them and move on by the end.

Attached: Herald.jpg (1210x684, 258K)

>tfw got this metal OOP dude with a thing I bought a few weeks ago
>no idea what to do as I don’t play BT and don’t know anyone who does
Woof

2 tracks for driving, 2 for plowing your awkwardly hot sister

Attached: 20171018_203904.jpg (2016x1512, 1.13M)

I really don't understand why GW just keeps shitting out retarded Cadians and their football gear when most IG players would rather have something else. Death Korps, Catachads, Steel Legion, fuck even Vostroyans probably have a bigger fanbase than Cadians. People only collect Cadians because they're plastic and offer the most choices in units.

start a BT army

putting this guys head on a tech priest dominus, turning his plasma looking gun arm into a flamer arm. he is going to be an inquisitor acolyte with a combi flamer, since he has a pistol in his other arm. looking for recomendations on how else to inquisify the techpriest dominus aside from the inquisitor I dangly.

Attached: sm-smog24-2.jpg (391x550, 112K)

Are these even useful? the whole point of them being mobile guns just makes them inaccurate and they don't even carry anything useful

Attached: 99120101071_LandSpeederNEW01.jpg (920x950, 73K)

Sure, I don't mind sharing

No, they're garbage this edition. They're meant as a highly mobile, fast weapons platform, but they suffer penalties for moving and shooting. It makes them basically worthless

>Not revering your equipment

Shameful

Attached: 1372144459046.jpg (1280x1964, 461K)

>Are these even useful? the whole point of them being mobile guns just makes them inaccurate and they don't even carry anything useful

Feel the pain of my 13 chimeras

Attached: 20171018_203918.jpg (2016x1512, 1.14M)

>practice war 25 hours out of a 24 hour day
>hurr why cant they march parade?

So now that Cadia's a big bunch of space rocks, what is the job of the Ordo Aegis?

Attached: Inquisition.jpg (300x356, 33K)

those are at least transports

Marching has nothing to do with parades. It's literally the first thing you learn in the military because it teaches you to coordinate with people. If you can't stand in a line and step at the same time as the people beside you, you might actually have brain damage

Is there a canonical way to paint Scions that isn't just this flat blue color? I think it looks kinda ugly, especially when you put it next to the rest of your army. I'm thinking of starting a Vostroyan army and I want to paint some of these guys crimson and bronze like the rest of the army

>piranha
Shas'la. You don't need a rank to pilot the two-seater suicide cyle.

>hammerhead
Probably a Shas'ui, assuming piloting a main battle tank is roughly equivalent of piloting a battlesuit.

Yeah, convert them into Sammael on Sableclaw or a Talonmaster but otherwise nope

Why are space yiffs such fucking Mary Sues with all kinds of special rules and equipment? The fuck.

They get executed for heresy. Cadia never existed, because that's what all the new Imperium history books say, since we all know the Imperium of Mankind, blessed by The God-Emperor, NEVER EVER LOSES. EVER.

This is shit that the Imperium actually does in canon apparently. If they fail something, they just rewrite the history books and BLAM anyone who knows the truth.

There are tons of different official paint schemes for Scions. You can paint them however you like.

did they even survive? there werent that many, and i would assume they would just get folded into their local mallus or hereticus

paint them any way you want, man. There's no reason scions wouldn't camo-spray their armor to match the terrain they fight in. Honestly I don't know why anyone paints scions that retarded blue gray when there are so many better possibilities out there.

Attached: 1517372044175.jpg (816x612, 264K)

I don't think all space marines come from a military background

You would think the fists would be on point with it tho

>warhammer40000conquest.com/
Hey, that ain't bad. I was looking for the CCG and found it. Any UK brehs tried it?

Attached: 1517268825516.gif (536x440, 156K)

The T'au rank system is so fucking retarded though. It basically has five ranks, 'la through 'o. A functional military cannot operate with other 5 distinctions from the lowliest private to the most supreme general. An example is the fact that a Fireblade is a Shas'el, which is roughly comparable to a full-bird colonel since it is only one rank below 'o (which would be a general). And yet despite being a colonel, they sit around and babysit groups of 40-60 soldiers. Yeah, okay.

I like to think that the Shas'__ "ranks" are more like their social ranks in the caste system, and that the military itself has a more conventional system with the equivalents of privates, corporals, NCOs and senior NCOs, junior officers and senior officers, warrant officers for more technical things like Piranha pilots, etc.

That might just be my head canon but it makes more sense than the stupid system GW has for them

Attached: Fireblade.jpg (920x950, 71K)

Red fatigues and black armour is the most patrician way to paint storm troopers, and would look good with Vostroyans

Attached: 250px-IGStormies.jpg (250x180, 14K)

Where are the other paint schemes at? Are they in the IG codex?

I only know the most obvious/most popular Space Marine chapters. What are some of the coolest lesser known chapters you guys think I should go read about? I'm bored and want to look into cool space marines. My knowledge doesn't go any further than the first founding, basically.

Meh, fluffwise they completely rejected Rowboat's Codex and continue to do their own thing with a strong anti-authoritarian streak. So it makes sense for them to play different on the tabletop. They do get a lot of specials that aren't available to other chapters, but most of their shit is expensive so they won't field as many dudes as other chapters can. And there are things like the Wolf cavalry that no one else gets, but I think that Salamanders at least should get some sort of lizard-mounted cavalry. Shit, if I had the time and spare cash, I'd model some up using old Fantasy Dark Elf Cold Ones as mounts.
And their equipment that's slightly better is also slightly more expensive. Sometimes a bit too expensive to really justify their marginal stat increase.

You lie.

Attached: Wy7I4hw.png (1182x668, 1.1M)

7th scion codex.

Were those metal models?

They look cool as fuck

The 7th edition Tempestus Millitarum codex had them.

>lizard-mounted cavalry

Dumb shit like that is what ruined SW's.

Because Aliens are smarter than humans and need less leadership roles because they will do their job instead of hitting the fat one with soap in socks.

A true bro tier player here

Seriously. Good shit

Fuck you, I want Vulkan riding a dinosaur.

Attached: 10988-9a00883f-large.jpg (1200x800, 166K)

Try reading through the Angels of Death stories in the BL mega. 1000 word short stories that focus on a bunch of lesser known chapters.

Attached: Final Duty by David Guymer.pdf (PDF, 957K)

>Dumb shit like that is what ruined SW's.
No, making space wolves solely about wolves is what ruined wolves. Having wolves is fine, it's having nothing BUT wolves that caused an issue

They have a completely different mindset when it comes to this and it helps it make sense, sure a Fireblade is highly commemorated and could be given a battlesuit or gunship but he chooses to stay where he knows he can best contribute to the Greater Good even if that means its right in the trenches with foot soldier

How could they have avoided everything?

Attached: Dark-angels.jpg (4000x2500, 1.86M)

Looking rad! I'm working on my Savlar, got my Vic order yesterday, gotta put about 30 more together

Attached: IMG_20180320_172142.jpg (4048x3036, 3.32M)

going to have to second this.

Attached: 4a622ccf188b5209ff71642575b633bf0f10bb47.jpg (750x581, 93K)

That still doesn't make sense. The rank system the T'au has means they need *more* leadership roles. Again, they have the equivalent of a colonel babysitting just a couple squads of troops, but then the jump from "colonel" to "general" is massive, because a Shas'o only commands entire coalitions of several cadres. It makes no logical sense and is just the result of GW writing shit that sounds cool instead of writing stuff that makes sense.

I mean Shadowsun was given overall command of the third sphere expansion but is still only a Shas'O so yeah, it's kind of dumb.

Not having such an autistic primarch.

>Implying they weren't doing their job by hitting Pyle

Attached: 1495962143322.jpg (500x548, 38K)

i don't think it's a unique answer, i feel like 90% of people have this mindset, if the game stores I go to are anything to go by, people who are against it are just vocal as fuck because they're (a little spergy).

It's a game fuck sakes, you're already paying an assload to play it, why should anyone expect you to buy more of the same stuff just to paint it a different colour to change a single die roll?

Yep.

vedros or space marine start collecting?

Vedros is fucking cheaper and has almost the same models apart from 4 tac marines i think. Am i missing anything?

Why is the price so different?

Isn't that basically how every legion could have avoided their shit?

That doesn't refute anything I just said. If he wants to be "in the trenches" with the troops that fine, but it makes no sense for him to have a command equal to only a few squads of troops. A person of his rank should be coordinating the movements of an entire regiment (i.e. several thousand soldiers), not the equivalent of a platoon.

>Guys look, Matt fell down! Let's sharpie dicks on his face!

2 Daemonhosts and a Daemonhuntress. They're WIP. I wish I knew how to paint in that INQ28 style.

Attached: image.jpg (2592x1936, 1.55M)

Damn dude those are looking great. Tons of character in that army already.

I'd love to play a 2v2 game with you against some xenos on a giant desert table.

Attached: 20171004_202035.jpg (1008x756, 473K)

Well most primarchs actually weren't really that autistic, until BL had their way with them.

And a Primarch should be commanding entire chapters, regiments, and fleets, but Girlyman will still show up in a 1000 point game.

Papa sang wasnt autistic, he just had a gift

Attached: 1413535034597.jpg (701x497, 33K)

oh and a Savant on the left.

Attached: image.jpg (1934x1480, 638K)

AIDS?

which hive fleet should I paint my bugs? leviathan or ouroboris?

I'm not talking about the game itself, I'm talking about the fluff. Even in the fluff they describe the Fireblades as basically acting as the equivalent of a first lieutenant or a captain at best. You can have three commanders and the leader of the entire T'au Empire on the table itself for all I care, what I'm talking about is how retarded it is in the fluff itself.

That daemonhost
>When you nutted so hard you're still orgasmning after having a daemon being imprisoned in your body

>Meh, fluffwise they completely rejected Rowboat's Codex and continue to do their own thing with a strong anti-authoritarian streak. So it makes sense for them to play different on the tabletop.

Makes me sad that we ended up losing more with every edition, hopefully we can actually get a supplement now.

Attached: 1387276383692.png (600x700, 610K)

Which should i get? Deathshourd or blightlords?

Thanks dude! This ones my favorite so far, I picked up some soft metal gasmasks so I could have some without their masks on
I didn't need those sides anyways

Attached: IMG_20180320_233302.jpg (3036x4048, 2.69M)

So the question is why did they make them all autistic?

ouroboris is you like lots of flyers, leviathan if you like being normal

Attached: 1260996002387.jpg (1576x1272, 515K)

Pls no bull GOAT primarch

Yeah. 8th is supposedly going to be a long-lasting "living" edition. So if we're lucky we'll see proper supplements.
Like BT really deserve their own codex as another chapter that rejected the Codes Astartes.

Because BL writers can't into writing?

are you poor? go vedros, if money isnt as big a deal get the start collecting. vedros are the oooold models and snap fit to boot. look at the vedros terminators, those are like 3rd edition terminators

So are psyker dreadnoughts a thing any chapter can have or is it just a blood angel thing

Attached: E00C27A2-288B-4481-9C4A-F49FF7BD5702.jpg (793x779, 165K)

now it makes sense, thats why the marines are identical to my old battle for macragge marines that i sold a long time ago.

Sad thing is that start collecting is almost double the price of vedros fuuuck

thanks for the heads up user!

Attached: 1242445469242.jpg (1000x857, 335K)

that pirat son was really go, to bad it was so short