Brawl For All Edition

Brawl For All Edition

When Last We Left Our Heroes: RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
Thoughts on the Brawl format so far?

Attached: bludgeonbrawl.jpg (312x445, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ex4ClzZ3oBM
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/dominaria-buy-box-pre-order-promotion-2018-03-21
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cedh-theros-thing/?cb=1521654916
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/animartopoeia/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigarda-hero-of-gavony/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-03-18-the-ur-dragon-cometh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/xenagos-god-of-combat-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-beech/?cb=1521657189
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ad-nauseam-doomsday-zur-2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit, forgot to put /edhg/ in the title. Sorry lads.

>Thoughts on the Brawl format so far?
its going to be overpriced, underpowered but maybe decent for getting new people into full fledged commander
but then again DollarRares.dek already sorta does that
hell my first edh deck was mostly commons and uncommons cause i couldnt bear spending a whole dollar on a card

You dong.

I was in a hurry. The thread was about to be kill.

>thread question

It could be a good containment format for cEDHfags who can't play a deck if they can't shoe horn storm, or doomsday into it, since brawl may have prize support.

If this format gets promoted by jotc, it will be as unfun as playing agains doomsday. Limited cardpool makes a meta that can be solved, contrary to EDH. My first guess is that Scarab God will be powerhouse in this tiny leaders 2.0

unless they make it a 20 life format and maybe then we can get some mono red action going

Why run Exsanguinate over Torment of Hailfire? In my Gitrog deck I regularly cast Torment for twenty-something mana, and usually win on the spot; Exsanguinate wouldn't be nearly as impactful. Are there certain commanders or playstyles that have reason to prefer it, or am I missing something?

The mental images generated by OP card are too good
>A random blue human legend running around and hitting people with manaliths, entire pyramids
>Meanwhile a giant hitting people with some dude's glasses

Exsanguinate doesn't give them a choice as to what they lose. Though in both cases, if the number is big enough, it really shouldn't matter.

If it replaces standard, it is going to be better, if it tries to replace commander, we are in for a shitstorm. Also, I imagine that a large part of the cEDH players will move to brawl, since there will be tournaments, and sanctioned events with actual prizes. It can be good, I'm feeling optimistic about it.

>i couldnt bear spending a whole dollar on a card
I know how you feel.

Whats this about a brawl format

youtube.com/watch?v=Ex4ClzZ3oBM

KARN SOUNDS LIKE OPTIMUS PRIME

Attached: karn.jpg (312x445, 66K)

Singleton standard headed by a commander. Commander doesn't sell enough boxes.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/dominaria-buy-box-pre-order-promotion-2018-03-21

Wait, so the only way to get the minotaurs is through boxes?

In short, Standard-legal Commander. Or something like that. They're unveiling the specifics tomorrow.

Karn is my magicfu and this made my nipples erect.

Whats the point of that it's missing the whole thing with massive cardpools that makes commander fun to build and play with "wait what does that do"

Looks like it's the only way to get them foil?

To quote WOTC itself:

"It’s a ton of fun, it’s been one of the most popular “for fun” formats at Wizards of the Coast this past year, and we’re introducing it with Dominaria."

Take that as you will.

Right, and A25 is the themed masters set you've been waiting for.

Personally, I'm skeptical and curious. At least Dominaria will have a ton of legends to choose from. Not that Darigaaz would make for a great Commander...

>brawl is commander using standard only cards
>using standard only cards
>standard only
>standard

>It’s a ton of fun, it’s been one of the most popular “for fun” formats at Wizards of the Coast this past year

>standard only
>fun

Surely we can sue for lying this blatantly right?

But user, you need to buy more packs.

Attached: 1520072469099.jpg (498x818, 80K)

And if you preorder a box you get this exclusive firesong and sunspeaker!

This trailer was pretty good. I just hope the set will live up to it.

FOR REAL THIS TIME

Attached: 2013-03-03-Bolas-Wielding-Bolas.jpg (750x1188, 339K)

Attached: guess.jpg (127x188, 17K)

You can't "replace" Commander. It exists because people wanted it to exist hard enough and as long as there's demand it will still exist.

But a baby brother variant won't be a bad thing. The 60 card singleton format makes it a lot easier to brew up new meme decks like Zacama where most of the stuff you want to run with it is Standard stuff anyway.

BUY MORE PACKS
DON'T YOU LOVE MTG?
JUST FUCKING BUY THEM

Attached: MarkRoseWaterThumb.jpg (500x500, 30K)

cBrawl would not be nearly as fun as cEDH is. For a competitive format to thrive, the base game has to be fun.

I, for one, can't even imagine a functional deck built from 99 standard legal cards, it's not even Craw Wurm-tier

You should be running both as finishers.

It'll be 59.

singleton too. With the quality of standard legends being what they are (literally only one or two are playable every couple sets), it's going to be a two deck format at most. Terrible for competition.

Rest in peace. I used it for one week before I found out about fucking red getting nerfed of all things.
Why even print it in a commander set if you're going to remove the only relevant part of one of its choices? Fucking bastards.

Attached: 107740_200w.jpg (200x285, 25K)

>you can't replace
>it only exists because there is a demand
If that demand reduces significantly, and brawl player becomes a large majority, it effectively "replaced" edh.

>Friends birthday in the next two week
>Unsure of what to get him
>Thinking about getting him the Judge Promo Zur as he wasnted to make a Zur list.
Him making Zur isnt an issue or anything, we both have pretty competitive decks.

Attached: Its zur baby.jpg (200x285, 23K)

>For a competitive format to thrive, the base game has to be fun.
For a competitive format to thrive, the base game has to has tournaments and prizes. There is a reason why cEDH is so small compared to casual EDH, which is the opposite of what happens in every other competitive format.

user, don't get him a commander that's ancient. Get him the perfect gift for any commander enthusiast, a box of Dominaria, with the exclusive BRAWL legal promo general! Commander is a design mistake, and BRAWL is the future.

>Virgin Crybaby Judge Promo Zur
>Chad Madman OG Zur

theres an user around here that plays in a format where only cards from theros forward are legal
it wasnt THAT bad but khans was a big boon for that format
this was my attempt at it
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cedh-theros-thing/?cb=1521654916

That is another criteria, but it doesn't remove the need for a fun base game. If a game isn't fun, it will die. See literally any "esports" focused game where the devs forgot to make it fun.

>chad
>playing zur
no chad plays cromat

Is this about the planeswalker redirection change?

>chad
>playing five color good stuff
Chad plays mono colored, and has a general for each color from kamigawa block all at varying levels of competitiveness.

chad doesnt give a fuck about your dislike of 5c "my favorite stuff" and certainly wouldnt give enough of a fuck to do some shitty theme like you suggested

No Chad plays Prossh without foodchain

Yeah, since it doesn't target it's only player damage now. It was a surprisingly good card too.

I know chad doesn't give a fuck about what I feel, chad behaves that way because it is objectively correct for him to do so in order to maximize his fun because kamigawa legends are objectively the most fun legends, and goodstuff is objectively the least fun way to play

>chad behaves that way because it is objectively correct for him to do so in order to maximize his fun
fucking nerd

Well, the document posted after the leak is up for more than two weeks now, so you should have seen it coming before buying.
>checking price
holy fuck what happened there? why did red confluence spiked that much? Is there a Legacy deck using it?

>people don't play standard
Just because you don't play standard, it doesn't mean that people doesn't think it's fun. Also, I have found many players who didn't really care about having fun in competitive formats, all they cared about was winning.

you do know theres a difference between
good stuff
and
my favorite stuff

chad clearly plays cromat "my favorite stuff"
you arent going to stop him from playing rite of replication, broodmate dragon and dick wurm in the same deck

What if the Commander 2018 decks are all brawl decks?

please do this wizards

dont scare me like that user

they won't be...right guys?

Attached: ariesxl.png (9000x9000, 512K)

>Skyship

Holy fuck now I'm scared

I'd probably stop buying product entirely until wotc issued a public apology and changed their ways. Unless the next few standard sets are Urza's Saga tier fun.

>commander deck
>they are brawl decks
They would have to rename the product. It is more likely that they will replace into decks with brawl ones, you can play standard as usual with it, and to play brawl, you just have to separate your commander at the beginning.

That Karn is looking migthy fine, art-wise

Nah. They don't know if it's going to stick.
But what if we stop getting commander deck and only brawl decks in a near future like 2019?

>Urza's Saga
>Fun

Attached: Honey, come back to bed.png (654x521, 584K)

You're still buying product after Masters 25?

I drafted it last night actually, and I was pretty disappointed. Commander decks have usually been okay though

Don't lie, it was great for casual magic.

Nice, from moving cards to stright up animation, the trailer looks pretty nice

Is people still buying product post Zendikar 2.0 era?

exactly this
though i still spend 20ish dollars on singles every set

Wizard's is trying to set a new record for how fast a new game will fail, if this is how they are going to hype Arena.

yeah but singles are acceptable since there are good cards here and there.
But sealed product, since the shitty quality, poor card selection, blatant shit reprints... No chance to buy sealed product or pay for a draft unless you lack gray matter

Cube drafts are basically the only way to enjoy limited anymore.

It's consistently played in vintage mentor, but that's about it.

Does anyone have a zur doomsday list i could look at for guidance? My table has begun the arms race and I already have a Zur mill deck to convert over.

Also jesus Christ selvala is a fast cunt

proxying out the holiday cube was one of the best ideas my friend had
we only play a couple times a year but thats a decent cube

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/animartopoeia/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigarda-hero-of-gavony/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-03-18-the-ur-dragon-cometh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/xenagos-god-of-combat-1/

>thread question
looks like it will further artificially inflate prices of cards in standard, kind of like tiny leaders did. although this format is actually pushed by the mothership. seems like a format made for buying more sealed product, or paying for overpriced singles. the most irritating part of standard is a cards that sells for $20 to $30 will drop below $10 once it rotates out. very rarely will an expensive standard card maintain even half of its value after rotation.

pic needs to get updated

Attached: tower of power rangers.png (1688x6400, 6.32M)

I just finished my Marchesa deck and could use some input.

Re: lands; I'm a poorfag and have yet to get the good duals..how much will this hurt me?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-beech/?cb=1521657189

Thanks in advance!

probably the best looking trailer for a set, with actual animation, as opposed to adobe flash animation with static card art.

lands are fine but you should take out guildgates for more basics and or panoramas if you want to stay budget

>Daretti is shit tier

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (1000x979, 99K)

>Jace
>anything more than ok
If he was a chad pirate, he wouldn't have clone himself to have some skin contact.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ad-nauseam-doomsday-zur-2/

his desert island survival and pirate adventures made him from zero to hero. he went from being frail and pale to swole and tanned like gold.

How did saheeli rai doom the multiverse? I kind of stopped following after it was clear that every story would be about the jacetice league.

I really hope that wotc stops making Commander precons and makes Brawl precons instead. Standard EDH is a dumbass idea and I'll be glad to see the people that are attracted to Brawl leave EDH.

Firesong and Sunspeaker's garbage-tier limited availability sours the whole announcement. Wizards has forgotten the lessons of the book and con promos they swore never to repeat.

At least, if they're forgetting such old oaths, perhaps the Reserved List will bite it in the next decade or so.

She invented the "Works post-mending" planar portal that Bolas is going to use to invade everywhere. Saying she doomed the multiverse is like saying Oppenheimer doomed the world with his involvement in nuclear weapons research.

Iuno about that. Probably be a lot less getting blown out because you lost a die roll. I'm honestly getting a little tired of playing singleton vintage.

With how bad combo generally is in standard it might allow for control and aggro decks of some sort to actually exist, even if the format will be relatively easy to solve due to the small cardpool.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

We can't have players destroying pws. Wotc hopes you'll learn that.

Mana base looks okay, I'd just ditch the guildgates for basics or utility lands.

Also, Luminarch Ascension wins games if unanswered (and enchantment removal isn't exactly abundant in EDH), it's perfect for pillow fort, and it's about a dollar now.

Saheeli didn't invent the Planar Bridge, Rashmi did.

>enchantment removal isn't exactly abundant in EDH

Attached: Happy Dogo.jpg (480x480, 36K)

>Jace and Vraska God-Tier

>Koth only OK-Tier

>Liliana not Shit-Tier

Rashmi’s project was the Planar portal, but she couldn’t get it working quite right because it kept blowing parts. Rashmi asked Saheeli (who is amazing at making machine parts) to make a new Aether coil or whatever, something that would survive otherwise Rashmi couldn’t present her “Teleporter” on time for the Inventor’s Fair. Saheeli figures out what the machine actually was and how dangerous it is for the Multiverse, and said “Look, you are messing with forces that could doom everybody, I’m not gonna help you.” and Rashmi was all “That’s bullshit Saheeli this is my one chance to be the best you are always the best why do you hate me? ;_;” which guilted Saheeli into not only fixing the Proto-type portal, but getting Rashmi an extra-special session with the Consul of Innovation to show off The Planar Portal / Teleporter. Which led to Tezzeret getting it, which led to Bolas getting it, which means grease up your cornhole because Bolas is coming for it with his bad dragon.

and by that i mean ur dumb art/enchantment removal is extremely prevalent

>two women try to build something then fuck up so hard that they died

But did they fuck?

Seems accurate just move koth up

I fucking love angraths story I want more of him

most likely, yes