MTG Dominaria spoilers

So not much new, but the season is officially upon us. What do you think of the new shit? Buy a box promo not in the set kinda irks me, personally.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/dominaria-buy-box-pre-order-promotion-2018-03-21
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/dominaria-mechanics-2018-03-21

Attached: Spoiler Season OP.png (801x858, 663K)

That's disappointing. Brawl sounds like it could be cool singleton standard.

unless there's another hook Brawl sounds like a terrible idea. outside of maybe this set's rotation it'd likely be awkwardly restrictive with the variety of possible commanders, and you won't be able to keep and tune one or two decks forever for the format like commander. Knowing almost nothing about it but the basic description it sounds like they're trying to pander to the overly competitive commander crowd without realizing that crowd is largely made up of underserved vintage and legacy players.

> Prerelease weekend is now just "release weekend"

Promo-only cards are extremely bad for players. WotC are garbage, and this is unacceptable. To have the gumption to do some awful shit like this after 3 years of completely garbage sets is just staggering.

whoever decided legends get a stupid wavy border should be shot

I do understand with a legendary matters theme, atm you have to look at the types in a bundle of creatures.

Thanks again to the user who made the spoiler season pic. Well done.

>green stompy is back in standard
>izzet spellslinging is back in standard
>boros aggro possibly back in standard
5/10 might actually play a few FNMs when this set comes out

Try reading the article again. The promo version is only available as the Buy-A-Box, there will still be another version in the regular set.

>That means to get a copy of Firesong and Sunspeaker you’ll need to purchase a box of Dominaria (as usual, while supplies last), or trade with a really nice friend of yours.
it is specifically not in the set. even the release notes calls it out as the buy a box promo, much like it does for planeswalker deck cards. also it's 280/269 collector's number.

People already don’t want to play regular Standard Constructed, what makes them think anyone will want to play Standard Singleton? WotC R&D really are out of touch with their player base.

You’d have to include a base set of eternal staples for this format to even gain any traction.

How bad at reading can you be.

Hahaha no. WotC's article specifically calls it out as *not* in the set proper. It only exists as the promo version. To quote:
>This Promo is only available with the Buy-a-Box promo. It's not in booster packs. It's not in Bundles. It's not in any store outside of the Wizards Play Network.

Please improve your reading comprehension.

Oh holy shit, I stopped at "This Promo is only available with the Buy-a-Box promo. It's not in booster packs. It's not in Bundles. It's not in any store outside of the Wizards Play Network." and didn't realize that this card exists only as the promo.
Yeah, this is pretty shitty.

>280/269
hey wait
>2x planeswalker deck walkers
>2x planeswalker deck rare tutors
>2x planeswalker deck uncommon cares about walker type
>2x planeswalker deck common
>1x buy a box promo
that's 9/11 cards over the set. what are the other two? did I miss a planeswalker deck ingredient?

WTF, a good common?

nvm, I was baited by serra disciple, but let down by drake

Nathan we just had a common BANNED.

Also Negate and Duress are contending for the best card in standard.

It's really shitty, but letting people who preorder their boxes get them a week earlier is super nice

HOT
O
T

Attached: c4rd4r7_Z5ihYmWkuj.jpg (850x630, 136K)

MAN FACED TRANNY
A
N

F
A
C
E
D

T
R
A
N
N
Y

>That weird out of place sash, that just so happens to be over her cleavage

Jhoria needs to summon a Stairmaster, yuck

>9/11
Never Forget

THOT
H
O
T

man, i've always thought Jhoira was a bretty cool lady, but she looks like a boss in that captain's coat, damn.

>the new writer, in order to apease the SJWs, spends all the diversity points in a single paragraph
actualy good idea

Looking a tad too thick

Attached: Jace and snek 2.jpg (1064x900, 326K)

are they going to release the art for the accidentally spoiled cards?

Yes, just not everything at once

Don't the potato lands count?

they're doing spoiler season as usual despite the text spoilers from the release notes. there was a thing about it like a week ago when the phyrexian saga was shown.

oh, yeah that might be it. had me scared for a second.

>Global Series
Wait, when was this announced?

Together with a lot of stuff that they planned to release this year.

>meanwhile, back on Innistrad, sorin markov is still stuck on a rock

this looks pretty amazing. sucks her ability is so uninteresting or id play the shit out of this card

This is the nail in the coffin for me.

and never come back please

What is?

Firesong and Sunspeaker gonna get reprinted in something or other pretty soon I bet.

>muffled Sunforger in the distance

Her ability is boring but powerful. I'm just glad that we now have a blue red artifact commander so I can run Storm the Vault without having to use Breya or partners.

You feel better, getting that off your chest?

Buy-a-Box exclusivity, for one. For two, I'm not fond of the direction the design is going in (Sagas are just enchantments with a weird format, for one, and creating a new classification for artifacts, etc). In short it doesn't feel like the game I used to look forward to playing all week any more.

DAMN JHOIRA LOOKS LIKE THAT?!

Exclusive buy-a-box promo sets a bad precedent, much like mythic rare back in the day.

Pretty face, shame about the outfit.

>Dominaria Buy-A-Box promo is a card that's not available in packs

Planeswalker decks were pushing it, but even then those were mostly just "Overcosted Planeswalker that won't see any play outside of kitchen tables", "Card that tutors for your Planeswalker", "Creature that gets a buff if you have your Planeswalker", and dual taplands. Locking a card with an interesting mechanical design backing it behind the $85 booster box preorder is a pretty jewish tactic.

I was almost considering getting back in Standard with those Challenger Decks but fuck that now, I'm getting in the EDH/Cube bunker and locking the door behind me.

Attached: Firesong-and-Sunspeaker-Buy-a-Box-Promo.png (265x370, 185K)

You can buy them off of another sucker who preordered the booster box.

And what the fuck is that six mana legend gonna do in standard? Don't use that as your excuse because it's stupid. Quit standard because standard sucks in general.

>special promo go buy boxes!!!!
>people go crazy wanting the special card you only get from buying a bkx and cracking packs
>sees 0 play in any deck on the pro tour
>relegated to the $1 bin for eternity
(unless somone breaks it in a later expansion then it spikes to $40 before dropping back to $1 because its unplayable once it rotates)
>this is the current standard environment

How does this interact with lightning helix?

Lightning Helix deals 3 damage and gains 3 life naturally.

The first ability triggers off of the 3 damage you dealt, so you gain 3 life via lifelink.

The second ability triggers off of Lightning Helix's "gain 3 life", dealing 3 damage, then you deal another 3 damage from the lifelink.

tl;dr, it's 9 damage 6 life for 2 mana

>then you deal another 3 damage from the lifelink.
Firesong and Sunspeaker's second ability has them dealing the damage rather than the spell. You only gain 6.

>Locking a card with an interesting mechanical design
>Boros
>6 Mana
>Edh bait
Lol casualfags

you deal 3 damage and gain 3 life (helix effect) then the cow twins deal 3 damage (ability) and you gain 3 life (from the red half of the spell spell)

2 lightning helixes for the price of 1

This is correct. They even clarified it in the gatherer that multiple instances of lifegain on the same spell triggers separately, so if a card said "You gain 1 life, you gain 1 life, you gain 1 life", FS&SS would trigger 3 times.

the art is pretty baller, not gonna lie

I mean, if they didn't want to give her cleavage they could have just given her a zipped-up coat.

>that eyeliner
SLUT

plot twist
>Jhoira is revealed as a female (male) in thks set when they use the probouns xe/xer/xhey on the card

Read the released document on the card retard. They even used lightning helix as an example.

It's not meant for Standard, it's meant to finally be the R/W non-combat Commander people have wanted for EDH forever now.

And now to get it you have to buy a box of the new standard set! Limited time only.

Fuck man, I really want that card, and I was going to pick up a box anyway to draft with friends. But I don't want to support this Buy-A-Box exclusive bullshit.

Attached: ima-34-survival-cache.jpg (488x680, 104K)

Then they have significantly changed how lifelink works according to the rules.

>Dominaria Buy-A-Box promo is a card not available in packs.

Attached: e08.gif (1280x720, 874K)

>Sagas are just enchantments with a weird format
They literally are
>and creating a new classification for artifacts, etc
Honestly this is just like reminder text for shit like Ferocious, where they don't want to keyword it but still give it a name so everybody knows what you mean. It's not like they're going to print "historic" on these cards.

>280/269

I'd suck her cock

Buy singles

No they haven't

Planeswalker decks are supposed to be shitty, and even if they weren't, you didn't have to pay $100 MSRP just do get a particular card.
I don't like Planeswalker decks, either. They should just stop misusing the "it's for draft" excuse and just abolish Mythic Rarity.

Singles don't work so great for drafting

bare with me here... imagine if the buy a box promo was an actual useful card, lgs's would just say "we are out" and sell them on the side like they did with good fnm promos, so they have to make them shit

>An actually feminine looking female character in nuMagic
Jesus Christ Garfield's pulling out all the stops

Yes, they have. Because lifelink used to be a static ability and could therefore not stack and never triggered: it just happened as damage was applied. This is why older cards that functioned in much the same way, like Exalted Angel, haven't been erratad to have lifelink because it would change how they function according to the rules.

>promo exclusive card

Every time I think wotc can't get any shittier...

That doesn't change how it's 2 different sources of lifegain: One is from the effect of the spell itself, and the other is from the lifelink. That is the key part. Lightning helix does not say "Deal 3 damage to target. Lifelink".

So the Weatherlight is confirmed back, right? It was shown in the trailer so I guess they hauled up the wreck and rebuilt the thing.

Will it be a vehicle?

And yet that doesn't stop people from calling her a manface tranny

maybe all females in dominaria are retconned to be manfaced trannies

No, you’re just stupid.

>Weatherlight - legendary vehicle
I'll be getting a foil of it if it's true.

Costs 4
4/6 with flying
crew 2
can only be crewed by legendary creatures

you and I both know it's going to be shit if it happens at all

It didn't show up in the leaked cards, so if it's in the set, it doesn't have any complicated abilities.

A bit wrong. It's one source but it's 2 separate instance of lifegain.
t. someone who have an EDH deck revolving around Cradle of Vitality and Celestial Mantle.

Jhoira has a pretty face at least. Art director clearly forgot to tell the artist she was supposed to be a fat, mannish, balding, ethnically diverse coptersexual.

Jokes aside, I'm genuinely curious if we'll see an actual cleavage in this set or not.

Why is every decision that wizards makes retarded?

Why?

Weatherlight is the culmination of everything that was wrong with that era of Magic.

>it's going to be cheap
I don't see anything wrong with it. It's for collections only.

Because i experienced that era of Magic instead of just reading on the internet about how it's baaaaad.

tfw we almost got a legend who identify as an attack helicopter, then Garfield ruined it.

>Because i experienced that era of Magic

No you did not. You would fucking hate it if you had actually experienced it. The name Weatherlight would make you throw up, like it makes me. You'd have absolute boiling hatred for Gerrard, Sisay, Squee and all of those other cunts that appeared on EVERY CARD for like a motherfucking decade.

>appeared on EVERY CARD for like a motherfucking decade.

Correcting myself: Actually it was "only" four years, but it felt like a lifetime.

As someone who actively played during that time, I absolutely loved it until the end of the Rath cycle. Then I quit before Urza's block, so from what I've heard, I missed the worst of it.

Nah, i loved every bits and parts of it. Granted, i only play at fnms and never play competitive magic. Not then, not now.

Seriously. The weatherlight was just as bad as the Gatewatch. It was just 90s bad so people have nostalgia for it now

The Weatherlight crew was even worse than the Gaywatch. Every single motherfucking one of them was quipmaster extraordinaire who spoke only in oh-so-clever Whedonesque oneliners. And they appeared on every. Fucking. Card. You couldn't get any respite from them. I despise the Gatewatch and would ideally have all of them die on the way to their home planet, but even at their worst they are less annoying than WotC's original attempt at having "main characters" for Magic.

Weatherlight was cheesy fantasy schlock, same as all those oldschool forgotten realms books, but something like this has way more charm than generic young-adult crap written by someone hired to fill a diversity quota.

>oh-so-clever Whedonesque oneliners

They didn't though, Probably in flavor text, but I don't recall anything like in the actual stories