/exg/ - Exalted General

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Dragon Blood from a Stone Edition. DB Kickstarter begins on the 27th at 12 noon EDT in the US.

theonyxpath.com/dragon-blood-from-a-stone-monday-meeting-notes/

Attached: Uran_DB_Kingfisher.png (811x1026, 743K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/LQRKpkAx
keychain.patternspider.net/archive/koc0026.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anyone have the most up to date errata for first edition? Crawling wayback suggests it was updated in 02, but I saw some mentions to a version from 04.

Alternatively, can anyone say if the PDF for sale on dtrpg has the errata baked in?

You could have chosen a good image for the OP, but you didn't

I know how I'm playing my next Solar character.

Attached: s51ik0s30ioz.jpg (736x846, 234K)

But which supernal will yield the best empire-building results?

Doesn't matter, your character is going to fuck it up and ruing everything anyways.

All Presence, take no dots in Bureaucracy

Well sure, the setting will be damaged, but that's utterly irrelevant and you clearly don't have the right sort of mindset to play this sort of character, so kindly stop posting in this thread about insane demigods.

Now, should he go War or Presence? And what should he supplement with?

Attached: disdain for plebs.png (500x644, 158K)

I updated the NPCs here:-
pastebin.com/LQRKpkAx
I know it'll get left out of the boilerplate, but a man can dream.

>Dragon-Blooded Kickstarted is scheduled for the 27th. Who's planning on backing?

I'm certainly not

I am. I didn't back the core, but despite all the fuckups involved I'm pretty happy with the finsihed product. Holden and Morke are out, Vance and Minton seem like pretty chill dudes who more or less know what they're doing, OPP has learned from its past mistakes in handling Kickstarters, and Dragon-Blooded are my favorite splat. It's an easy decision for me.

quote the op when you do that so it's easier to find for the next guy to start a threadspeaking of, why does the op never link the previous thread?

It's because there's nothing worthwhile in them desu

Ah fug, wrong place
God I can't wait for the book to drop. This place has the fun type of internet fights, think the first ones after the charms come out will be about DB's being too weak or too strong?

Actually I was thinking of going Twilight and having my favored abilities be ones focused on running a empire.

Attached: mxtjes2orjoz.jpg (675x1376, 668K)

Bureaucracy or Linguistics? Because all the other Twilight abilities aren't directly related to leading people. Lore can be used to train people to lead, but not as well as an Exalt could, and all of the other Twilight abilities are like that. Generally useful, but not directly helpful.

Craft can be used to build canals, aquifers, buildings, etc.

>Actively caring for your kingdom

Attached: nani.png (386x406, 183K)

He'll have five favoured abilities ouside his caste abilities.
Build a robot army? Could be a cool police state type thing.

Yeah, my post already covered that. Useful, but not directly related to leading people.

3E pretty much put the kibosh on using Craft to make sentient servants. You could do a sorcerous working, but that's an enormous amount of work for limited payoff. Highly inefficient. Also, I get the sense you're talking about 2E.

damnit zuckerberg, why are you in constant limitbreak

Some of their forumgoers back in the day absolutely hated that their solars/lunars/infernals couldn't treat DBs as 'extras' because it made the fights annoyingly long - they were 100% safe with their invulnerability combos after all.
Between that and the absolute shithole that was 2nd edition, It'll be surprising as fuck if they're too strong rather than too weak.

If I were to take a wild guess: 80% chance too weak, 10% chance too strong, 5% chance actually quite right, 5% chance they cancel the DBs entirely.

now now, we can't blame 2e for 3e's failures. this is the edition of fanatical badwrongfun purges and this bizarre "glories that never were" obsession with making 1e great again led by people who clearly never played it born of devs constantly shitting on 2e to distract from how they were shitting up 3e and an aggressive banhammer to silence dissent on the official forums.

if dragonbloods are too weak it'll be because they're taking their rightful place as setpieces in the backdrop of some solar's story, as 3e feels is right and proper for noncore splats.

Didn't they completely disappear the official forums?

>5% chance they cancel the DBs entirely
oddly optimistic of you, but I'll allow it

Can you guess why more people didn't play 2e

What on earth is a core splat

exceptionally aggressive banhammer, with rather a lot of collateral damage

just solars.

Solar varieties, maybe Lunars too maybe.

Yeah Zenith is probably the way to go since I like commanding and giving grand speeches and I could always have Craft, Occult, and Lore being favored. I like the appeal of building stuff but but I don't want to make it the focus of the game. Maybe I could just brainwash some Dragonblood obey me and craft things.

Attached: 9budtectkioz.png (490x566, 152K)

What in the fuck are you guys talking about? DBs are set to be very relevant again.

I fucking love Zuckerposting

A friend of mine had gotten banned for arguing that solars couldn't grant lesser exaltations like sidereal or terrestrial to people.
I myself got banned for not agreeing (obviously the whole thread turned into a shitstorm and I won't pretend I wasn't just as vitriolic by the end of it as well) that the "flaws" of solar invulnerability were 'too restrictive' given I thought they were far too easy to negate/abuse by their wielder.

But invulnerability flaws don't even exist anymore?
And solar can grant exaltations??

Ex3, Brass Legionnaire, 4-dot artifact not even first age artifice.

I believe these anons are taking 'very relevant again' with a grain of salt is what's happening here.

I'm referring to back in that forum meltdown event, not the current rules.
There was some seriously fucked up shit in there.

These are probably god examples of what First Age Solars were like.

Attached: oeYMnVc.png (790x681, 153K)

From Arms:

>They follow instructions, fight in formation, and contain a library of tactical and strategic maneuvers meant for independence in the field. But their intellect — though the pinnacle of potential for non-sorcerous artifice — is limited, as is their memory. Most have forgotten more than any modern soldier ever learned, yet retain less than the average soldier knows. Moreover, they lack human initiative. Without orders, they default to seeking an officer who knows their command codes.
>A handful of legionnaires break these limits due to meddling from sorcery, spirit magic, or the Wyld. Possessing increased intelligence and free will, these are individuals rather than tools; for Merit purposes, treat them as two-dot Retainers rather than Artifacts. They can still be maintained and repaired normally, but their mental evolution may not endure incapacitating damage even if repaired, at the Storyteller’s discretion.

As I said, you need a sorcerous working or some such. In 2E you could just go Craft (Genesis) and make an entirely new species that could grow out of anyone's control.

But they haven't given any reason as to why they're doubting it, they just made broad generalizations about Solars being the only important splat again. Which is horseshit.

What is your favorite direction/location Veeky Forums?

jesus christ. that's insane.

Can't speak for everyone but in terms of doubting; probably the drama early in the production of 3e, and the general feeling of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

I feel like the Scavenger Lands have to win that contest so hard it's not even fair. Whitewall has an untapped potential to become a Paranoia style fantasy dystopia and I dig it and the Bull's barbarian horde is cool, but Lookshy and Nexus, Great Forks, and Thorns are the shit.

>solar can grant exaltations
wut

i must have missed this, that is a horrible change. I'm going to assume somebody else just misunderstood something and not check

he didn't actually do these things, just so you're clear

I think was saying that's what some forumgoers on whitewolf (now onyx path) were saying should be possible, and not what the rules actually allowed. Never saw that myself but there *was* an unbelievable level of solar-wank in there.

I can tell you my least favorites are the west (water water everywhere and not a thing to do) and east (goddam halta. purge badwrong halta from 3e plz. it will make this edition worth it)

so yeah, scavenger lands way out in front, followed by and blessed isle and then the north.

Where is source found?

>their forumgoers
I was talking about here. Who's 'their'

The snake and the higher dot version of the golden bird are already around. I'd be surprised if brass levithan went away. Hell I think there was some dev commentary on sorcery and craft and making sentient

remember the demon ink tattoos from 2e?

how would you make them not suck?

and once you do, how do you feel about abyssals being able to do something similar using ghosts?

from the looks of it probably WhiteWolf.

It's a tie between the Blessed Isle and the South.

I'm pretty sure either way some people will get turbo butthurt about it.

I always a big fan of the (supposed) arc where the Solar has to be low key and gather their power and allies without drawing the attention of the Wyld Hunt, who were legitimately dangerous.

I would like if circle of DBs out of chargen (especially given their existing backing, shikari/legionnaires, and equipment) were a legitimate threat to a circle of Solars out of chargen, but their progression allows the Solars to eclipse them (heh) in the second act. This would allow me to have the kind of stories that 1e purports to support.

Doesn't it mention you need first age infrastructure to make that many however?

>Where is source found?
The zuckmemes subreddit has most of them in one place.

Question from a newbie here: Is it better to start with a wide variety of skills, or to specialize narrowly?

Specialize usually, definitely have one ability at 5 and more if you can help it.

The thing I do at chargen is when assigning my 28 dots I don't go over 3 for an ability, the 4th and 5th dots I buy with BP. This usually makes my character fairly well rounded while being good at niche and several other things.

To be fair you only need competent people below you with bureaucracy. If you have bureaucracy, you'll make a bad leader.

Are all of these new NPCs found nowhere else?

Is it worth upping any attributes with BP at chargen?

that is the most painful looking buttplug i have ever seen.

I am. I like 3E and I like that the full document is being released in advance.

autistic savant who is the best in the world at two or three things and cannot tie his own shoes

That's not what they said they'd do. They said they'd be releasing parts of it over the course of the Kickstarter, so that the entire thing would be released by the end.

lore, occult, craft, bureaucracy, martialarts

>ghostfisher
Does your character know how to walk without rhythm?

Do you think Paul Atreides would be a Solar or a Lunar?

zenith. did you mean to ask about his son who turns into a giant worm?

I'd still say zenith because leto2 isn't insignificant enough of a godking to be lunar

actually, paul might not be a solar at all. more like a heroic mortal dragonblood with high cult, or possibly a ronin sid with the mask unbroken and high cult

actually yeah, paul is a rogue sid because nothing else fits his timeywimey bullshit, leto2 is the zenith (who's motivation is freeing people from fate)

Is the berserk tree of resistance charms actually worth going down?

It depends on if your ST is a jackbooted RAW nazi with no creativity or a regular person who wants to run a fun game and won't punish you for it.

Former method for the former, latter method for the latter.

>suck
I hope you're talking about the unofficial errata in Ink Monkey Bones because original recipe demon ink tattoos we overpowered Like, easy to justify picking up two or three of them at character creation overpowered.

They were called fish speakers. And Paul would be a Sidereal, one thousand percent. Saw the future and locked himself into a destiny.

If you're a Solar? Generally no. The only people I see doing it are those who really want a high STR or something for FoS.

How many people if any have played without the limit break mechanic, but keeping the Great Curse in mind and just roleplaying it? Cuz that kind of seems like the way to go.

Munchkins, when will you learn?

what would you consider to be the range of heartwasps and chakra orchids?

I was thinking the orchids more towards the far east and the wasps tending towards the southeast?

being too op is another kind of suck. the point is how would you fix them

Does firedust still burn when wet?

Better to optimize for the ST, that's how you munchkin every game :)

is there some kind of usable searchable archive of the old 2e whitewolf forum?

keychain.patternspider.net/archive/koc0026.html

No, they made sure to kill that.

It's never really stated, but I doubt it can.

How do you roleplay the Great Curse? I mean,do you roleplay occasional fits of apparent insanity or exaggerated emotion similar to Limit Breaks, or do you go for more gradual and insidious slide towards hubris and amoral egoism?

either, both, it doesn't matter as long as it's not rules as written.
just less pants on head retarded in general, a bit more consistent and believable as a character trait at the very least.

If you want to keep the fits then you have to at least rollplay the pressure building up so it's not one second totally normal then suddenly kill everybody/burst into tears/whatever and then back to normal being unbelievable as fuck and making it obvious you're not in your right mind.

that's why I liked infernals and their acts of villainy, they bled off the limit by acting like supervillains which also meant it wasn't out of nowhere when they'd suddenly become indulgent sociopaths for a scene.
Its also why I liked alchemical celerity being a scale rather than an alarmclock

Looking through the bad exalted fanfiction recommended a few threads ago, who would win in a 1v1 fight, a rwby huntress or non-optomized dragonblood of equal age

Why is firedust so fucking gay
It doesn't explode unless you pack a literal ton of it. No hand bombs possible, at most you could make a firedust fougasse. Firewands act like the gayest flamethrowers, gas flamers. And if we accept that it doesn't burn when wet, they don't work at all in the west.

The answer is always Dex.

Or Strength if you wanna be a clinching build.

iirc firedust doesn't burn, it converts directly to fire when fire touches it. a 'handful' of dust just becomes a "barrel full" of fire. which is also why firedust doesn't explode.

so I'd say the dampness of the firedust is irrelevant, what matters is having a fire capable of resisting that dampness to touch the dust.

the only reason I'd have damp firedust fail to combust is if it was sufficiently damp to snuff the flames as the dust "unpacks". and in that case it wouldn't technically have technically failed to ignite anyway.

so setting off a barrel underwater would convert the dust to fire and have the sea put it out, and that assumes you had access to a flame that wouldn't drown in the first place to light it with.

A one dot artifact gets you a +1 die bonus to pools involving a single Specialty, a two dot artifact gets you the same plus a bonus to pools involving a single Ability, and a three dot artifact gets you the same as a two dot plus a bonus to pools involving a single Attribute. That way you're not actually increasing the score itself so the artifact can't act as a force multiplier for charms. And limit the number of tattoos you can get.

We still don't have 3E DBs and 2E DBs jobbed to everyone, so take a guess.

How hot is it thought? A good 100kg charge could vaporize enough water to make a depth charge for the no good Niobarans?

In the 2e corebook, when the table on page 135 lists visibility radiuses how did the editors miss that it failed to say what units were those meant to be in? :p

What are some traits that is associated with White Jade?
Something that would be useful for a magical set of armor.

If I poison a weapon, how many hits should that last for?

Not a special weapon meant to be poisoned, just a blade coated in the stuff

Stability, durability, resistance, I'd probably go with steady footing or knockback resistance,

iirc earthstyle associated attacks infused with earth essence with inflicting weight or slowness in 1e?

Just a coat? Once

How do you deal with "instinctual" intimacies? Does everyone have a Defining Tie (My Life)?