Why do people unironically like the Imperium?

The imperium is supposed to be a dystopia, but we see countless /pol/tards and racists glorify it and use it's imagery. It's like they completely missed the point or something. For example if the Emperor were to get off the throne he would basically upernd the entire Imperiums governmental institutions because his vision was a progressive, secular, humanity with Equality as it's most important value. Yet mindless retard keep mindlessly spewing "FER DA EMPRAH" as if he would somehow be on their side. The imperium is supposed to be a toxic, racists, religiously, fascists, evil, empire. Those are NEGATIVES. Fucking /pol/ ruins everything.

Attached: 1520206775557.jpg (1280x854, 281K)

I like the Imperium because it's an incredible fucked up dystopian empire with lots of cool shit in a quasi-mystical science fiction setting that's basically a mash up of Judge Dredd, Nemesis the Warlock and Dune.

And I'm liberal as hell you silly fuck.

But there are tons of people who unironically think that the Imperium is GOOD. As in justified and something they would want in real life. You don't LIKE the imperium like you don't LIKE chaos. No one would want to actually live under chaos or the imperium. People glorify this shit. I think GW needs to fucking tone down things with the fascism in this game, it's turning people into /pol/tards.

Hype is always fun. Playing as a zealot is fun because it lets you be simple and brutal. Grey morals are used so often its refreshing to have a character that sees in black and white and doesnt give a shit. People dont want to live in the imperium, but they love to pretend. Thats the whole purpose of role playing games.

Because in pretty much every other sci-if setting, humanity is peace loving or part of some federation of different species. People like the Imperium because it's different.

Also, the xenos should be destroyed.

The Emperor was still a racist, wiping out countless xeno races, and purging some strands of mutants and such He was a dictator who destroyed anything that could threaten his rule. Was he really all that liberal? If anything the Imperium wasn't much different except for the religious part, under his rule.

No one is becoming a Fascist because of 40k, more like 40k attracts Fascists because it doesn't apply itself to modernist morality "muh equality, muh democracy, muh freedom" sure you can say "oh buts its a joke" but it really hasn't been a joke since the old Rouge Trader days.

Anyway, cry more faggot. They made the Tau for people like you. The Imperium is good, and is completely justified.

The Emperor was a xenophobic dick that not only hated and wanted to eradicate/control/enslave all Xenos, but mutants, psykers, and religious people under his control. He's not good guy. Even Roboute post-resurrection admits that the Emperor was not a morally good person like you pretend to think he is. He was a dick, barely better than the Xenos and Chaos fanatics he hates so much. I'm actually glad he's on stasis, because his rule is just as conventionally evil as the rest. You fell for his Imperial Truth propaganda, yet you hate post-HH imperial fans? Jesus Christ, you're a tool.

Traditional, tried-and-tested propaganda techniques are extremely effective. 40K bases its in-universe propaganda on those methods and, despite this material being created explicitly for the purpose of parody and to show how awful the Imperium is, it still access the same parts of the brain that just compel some people to obey and believe. It's both a testament to the effectiveness of the worldbuilding and the power of propaganda as perfected by recent fascist regimes.

That said, it should be noted that 90% of the FOR THE EMPRAAAHH stuff is just people roleplaying. It's not serious. Only a small but very vocal proportion of Imperium fans actually believe the Imperium is good, just, and a preferable form of government.

The Imperium is the lesser evil in 40K for the simple reason that it exists to preserve Humanity. It's a horrible dystopian shit show, but it's the best we've got. Furthermore, the Emperor is an admirable character who had a glorious dream of uplifting and unifying his people to become masters of the stars. He is the definition of a benevolent dictator and knows far more about the threats facing humanity than anyone else, which justifies his iron fisted approach to governance. To a degree at least. The only reason the Imperium sucks is because of fucking Horus' tantrum. Regardless, this is a fucking game. Get off your high horse.

People remember better the "war for the survival of mankind against endless xeno horror" than the "And the imperium suck at it".

>Sucks at it
>Has survived for far longer than any civilization in real history, while constantly under siege

Pick one

Why should I give a fuck what they think?
>GW needs to tone fucking tone down things with the fascism in this game
You're fucking retarded.

>it's a le epic falseflag concerned citizen thread

>You fell for his Imperial Truth propaganda, yet you hate post-HH imperial fans?
This is why I don't understand people who hate Imperial fans, but think the Emperor was this grand moral visionary. As mentioned by you and this user The Emperor hated aliens and mutants. That's something present Imperium shares in common with him. That's not some twisted perversion of his will. He really did want all the aliens and mutants gone. The mere fact alone that the Emperor wanted to kill all religious humans should have most 40k fans realize the Emperor was batshit insane and that he would seen as the villain antagonist/protagonist in literally other sci-fi setting outside 40k.

>but it's the best we've got.

No it isnt. For instance Ultramar is actually a decent place to live and leagues better than the rest of the Imperium because the people in power actually care. Everywhere else corruption reigns supreme. The 'necessary evil' excuse is just what the aforementioned corrupt leadership use to keep themselves in power.

>why do people root for the only human faction compared to space insects and walking green plants

Well Big Nigga, the Imperium unites the worst of humanity in one single entity. And still moral people exist inside of it. A candle shines brighter the darker the surrounding is.

The Imperium presents humanity trapped in a system of terror and stagnation. Surrounded by the demons of the Warp and ruthless alien threats, the machine of the Human Imperium has to keep ticking. Individual humans are irrelevant (excepting, of course, the Emperor, who feeds on the lives of thousands every day) - it's the system as a whole that must sustain itself. Even its mightiest warriors, the Astatres are as much just cogs, simple components in a vast system, robbed of any free will or capacity for self-development. The Imperium has transcended human limitations, if only to keep its human cargo intact.

Humanity has stumbled into nightmarish threats and veered off into reactionary stagnation - a stagnation necessary, the system believes, to preserve itself. Humans are components here too, not because technology has outpaced their control, but because they fear it will.

t. heretic

Because it's where I keep all my stuff.

>with Equality as it's most important value

That's the joke user: 40k is so into Natural Hierarchy that when the emperor shows up to convince everyone that reason and equality are important, they listen because he's better than them, and then worship him as the god of reason and equality because he's better than them.

Attached: laughing 2d whores 2.gif (200x146, 27K)

Ultramar is also ruled by a race of logistically-minded superhumans. 99.999% of the Imperium worlds don't even have space marines on them.

Yes, the Imperium is bloated with bureaucracy and corruption, but it is also the only real protector mankind has got against everything else in the galaxy. The top-down infrastructure and min-maxing of planets is a needed element when every day is a fight for survival.

>humankind in all it's gothic glory standing against the darkness
You're too low energy to understand the Imperium. Go play tau or some shit

Attached: the fate of us all lies deep in the dark.gif (600x517, 7.7M)

>Ultramar is actually a decent place to live
That is because ultramar is written specifically to glorify the ultramarines, ignoring little details like the dark sides of human nature being played up in the rest of the setting.

I mean there was the Interex, who were very much the Star Trek Federation. In another setting they would have been the good guys, but in 40k they are not even a footnote.

>countless /pol/tards and racists glorify it and use it's imagery
Because those people think that their country/race/way of life is under constant threat from "the other", so they like imagery from a franchise where fascism is acceptable because it's being used to keep "glorious mankind" safe from aliens and poisonous ideologies.

>why do xenophobes with a boner for authoritarian Big Manly Leaders like a xenophobic space empire ruled by an all-powerful Big Manly Leader
gee I dunno

The imperium is good in the setting as everything else is fucked. The entire setting is shit, the imperium is the best of a shit sack universe. Also fuck you, unironically drink bleach with a shot ammonia

That's just another black library author missing the point.

Its the urge to make something good when what you find before you is evil. This is why most people play their little dudes from the point of view of making them the BEST humanty has to offer.

The only obvious exception is the chaos players who just play for HUAHHAHAAHAHA. Because their mental.

Now stop taking this so seriously.

Attached: debateunequal.png (654x478, 582K)

They couldn't resist the might of the empire because they were weak willed and didn't have a supreme overlord to purge Xeno scum

The imperium is /pol/ as fuck you just don't know what /pol/ is.

>setting glorifies humanity and encourages the thoughtless purging of non humans
This the same thing as racial supremacy irl
>everyone is the same religion
And it just happens to be !not Christian
>entire setting is the definition of might is right
There is almost no diplomacy whatsoever, it's all war
>imperial theocracy
/pol/ wet dream
>that also has a monarch/divine ruler
Another wet dream
>mandatory military service exists on pretty much every planet
Most of /pol/ thinks men should serve in the army at some point of their lives
>traditional gender roles prevalent
Girls can be soldiers sure, but they can't ever be marines
>fap bait holy warrior women
An entire army of !not Joan of arcs
>literal demons exist that justify zeal
Imagine if religious people could actually prove they were right irl
>setting is grim dark
A perfect match for /pol/, they don't view the world as a peace loving happy place

And last but certainly not least
>entire planets of white people
Sure every skin colour exists in the setting, but of the millions of imperial planets, some of them are bound to be all white, or all black etc.

Imagine being this guy

We get it.

Your the only black guy at your local game store.

This is a good thing, it just means your more evolved.

Attached: TrollFace.jpg (3840x2160, 349K)

Useful historical perspective here: the Nazis were precisely the Germans who decided to embrace Allied propaganda about alleged German WWI atrocities and say "actually that was great, and we'll do it even harder this time."

If you're _surprised_ by nazis embracing explicit cartoon villainy you need to demand a refund from your grade school.

Look at the SJW! He is your enemy!

>The imperium is meant to be a dystopia
Even if it is, so what? As anyone with half a brain can see from the setting, the Imperium is the way it is because the race of humanity has no other choice in order to stand against the endless hordes of xenos who wish mankind's extinction.

>toxic
Nice Tumblr buzzword, faggot.

>racist
How terrible to be racist when every other race will either kill you, eat you, kill and then eat you, rape you, rape and then kill you, kill and then rape you, sterilise you or just generally use you for their ends (which are almost always at contradiction with your's).

>religious
And? Is religion a bad thing? Religion protects against the horrors of the warp in a way that nothing else does. It creates LITERAL ANGELS that protect the innocent against the warp.

>fascist
OY VEY, GOYIM! FASCISM! YOU WOULDN'T LIKE TO BE LIKE THOSE DIRTY NAZIS, WOULD YOU?!

How fucking terrible that a nation has to protect itself through military action and overwhelming violence! We should allow those orks in so they can give diversity to the Core Worlds!

>evil
Matter of perspective, you ignorant prick.

>empire
It's barely even an empire. It's an empire in the same way that Holy Roman Empire was.

>/pol/ ruins everything
No, what ruins everything is Tumblrina faggots like you coming to Veeky Forums and trying to co-opt wargames with your fucking ignorant college politics.

Go neck yourself.

Attached: 462[1].jpg (646x720, 87K)

What a fukn faggot

holy shit what a fag

Why Veeky Forums still respond to shit like OP?

We had threads like this countless times before.

Attached: 1449565311106.jpg (308x450, 25K)

I have this tiny hope that this threat will go quitely into the dark after all there is nothing to gain from it besides blatant baiting.
Just let it die.

>Racist
>Negative

Pick one

This thread is a /pol/ poster making a ridiculous bait prompt just so fellow /pol/ posters can get in on it, like

This has been happening with the /pol/ bait threads we've had a surge of in the past few weeks. They tried it with MtG and the gender-changing Drow threads too. Ultimately, the retards are only talking to themselves.

>But there are tons of people who unironically think that the Imperium is GOOD. As in justified
Sure
>and something they would want in real life.
Hell NO

>secular

The Imperial "Truth" was a complete lie. Prayer works in the Warhammer universe. You can't argue against results.

>dystopia

How would you run the Imperium? Answer the question and be specific. Do you want democracy? Do you want affirmative action and diversity quotas for space marines?

Because it's fucking awesome you shitskin namefag.

>Emperor
>Progressive

He was a secular eugenicist.

Attached: 1521575167363.png (660x203, 176K)

Attached: thread troll.png (1800x1578, 199K)

Because /pol/beards are subhuman brainlets that can't understand satire

>It's an empire in the same way that Holy Roman Empire was
Warhammer Fantasy's Empire was literally the HRE, and the difference between Imperium and Empire are pretty obvious, to the point that they could be considered opposite aside from their love for skulls aesthetic

Just don't respond to baiting, that's all waht they want or atlest answer with sage

>it’s like they completely miss the point
Yes.

Except those guys are right. What's really happening is /pol/ is coming here to pick fights with people who don't want to fight, but instead of just ignoring them you passive agressively respond. I'll admit /pol/ is in the wrong here (about starting unwanted fights, they are right about everything else).

>Thinks he's enlightened
>Believes in the Big E's Imperial Truth
It was a lie, user. Souls, the afterlife, magic, prayers, demons, gods: they all exist in the 40k universe. All of it is true. The Imperial Truth was the lie.

>toxic
dropped

Reminder that the Emperor once engaged a priest in a fedora tipping contest, only to burn down the guy's church when he couldn't convert him to his cuase.

This thread is about WH40k, which I do love.

But /pol/ threads are irredeemably trash, and it's beyond me why they're ever allowed here.

Then don't reply to /pol/ or anti-/pol/ threads, just let them die quietly like the trash they are. As much as people love to bash /pol/ making a thread just to say how much you hate /pol/ and how you're so much better than them makes you just as bad as them. The horseshoe theory is trash but it's very applicable in situations such as these, aka don't be an annoying faggot and try and shove your views down peoples throats and ignore those who do.

>it's beyond me why they're ever allowed here

Because grown adults aren't scared of words like you are. You reek of fear. Close your eyes, nigga. Walk away from the computer.

I'm pretty sure the moderator for Veeky Forums is very particular about what he/she chooses to ban and allow.

Most things get a pass but there are a few things that don't

There is literally nothing wrong with being a racist. Tribalism is the healthiest and most natural way to live, and racism is an integral and fulfilling part of it.

I find being racist extremely cathartic and have a tremendous sense of wellbeing from it.

Before i was a self professed racist white nationalist i had nothing in my spirit at all. Now I am full of hope and love.

Racism is fantastic, and i truly recommend it to you OP.

Attached: 15XP-DOXXING-master768.jpg (768x512, 76K)

The Imperium is humanity's death throws, violently thrashing about in defiance of the inevitable death of the human race. Whats not to like?

The fact that people like OP exist make me dread for the future
40k is a satire and the imperium is generally horrified not glorified you paper-skinned autist. Grow the fuck up already and stop policing other people’s fun

/thread

>there are tons of people who unironically think that the Imperium is GOOD
Then they are stupid. The Imperium is only good when compared to the other factions in the setting. In most other stories, the Imperium would be the faction that the good guys and bad guys team up against

Basically pic related.

> progressive, secular, humanity with Equality as it's most important value.
>progressive
depends what you mean by that. Progressive in that there is no racism, sure. Generally speaking you care less about the blacks when you have orcs and space elves trying to murder you. Progressive in the pursuit of new technologies? Sort of, The Emperor was an inventor of sorts himself, but didn't exactly encourage it as a value.
>Secular
In theory. But is it really Secular when you have such a cult of personality? He didn't want to be worshipped as a god, but I don't think I've seen him avoid being worshipped as a person.
>Equality as its most important value.
Naw bro. Unity is its most important value. Very different. Uniting humanity under one banner was all important. With that comes a tendency toward treating every member equally, but that wasn't the central value. Being united against outside threats was. Which is a very fascist point of view, and also makes a lot of fucking sense in setting.

Attached: Ave Imperator.png (790x1700, 160K)

>But there are tons of people who unironically think that the Imperium is GOOD. As in justified and something they would want in real life.
I've seen little to no of that ever. You're the guy that keeps making the bait threads I take it?

Anyone who's actually a 40K fan is well aware of this phrase:
>To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

The Imperium is a massive, stagnant carcass that exists in a state of brutality and constant violence - because it has to. Nobody thinks that's a good thing. Nobody likes the High Lords, or more importantly Adeptus Administratum. What draws people to the Imperium is the fact that it's basically humanity's last gasp, and the heroism of the individuals tryingto prolong that breath is cool. Plus, the fact the alternatives are all pretty shit in their own ways.

>Thinking there is good and bad in 40k
No user you got it wrong they are the least evil. Every faction is evil, it's to what extent.

And also, gee, idk, maybe because they are humanity and that's what we all are?

>The Emperor was still a racist, wiping out countless xeno races, and purging some strands of mutants

To be fair, the Emperor had really good reasons for that.

There's a difference between modern racism based off skin color, and hating aliens/mutants that actively threaten the survival of your species.

Unironiclly the type of person that rubined the comic book industry, ruining the video game industry, and unironiclly trying to bring PC bullshit into the hobby. Kindaly fuck off.

If anything they need to tone shit up since people clearly aren't getting it.

secular in the since that he hated mysticism in all forms because he knew it lead to the chaos gods.

One day, when the eastern hordes ravage your city, you'll see there never was a difference.

Actually I'd fucking LOVE to live in the imperium as a martian.

>because his vision was a progressive, secular, humanity with Equality as it's most important value.

You obviously haven't read much about the Emperor if you think this is true. His MO was control and tyranny as a means, in order to the ends that he wanted. He "loved" humanity, or more specifically it's potential, but he wasn't a morally upstanding or benevolent ruler. He was ruthless and pragmatic. Would he heal a dying person in front of him on a whim? Sure, he did it often - he was "kind" in a detached way. But he also waged brutal wars and wiped out entire civilizations.

Race is not just skin colour. It is intelligence, hormone levels, health issues

Some races are far lower iq and far higher testosterone than europeans - making them effectively dumb and aggressive.

Importing these people into your lands is like the imperium importing orks as citizens.

Youll pat yourself on the back for being so virtuous and non racist when theres only a few, and then you will feel a distant doubt as the rapes and murders start to increase and the society of your ancestors starts to rapidly morph.

Then, once they hit 30-40% you realise that race is more important than you could have ever thought. Enough blacks will destroy any society anywhere on earth.

Attached: 1507930508041.png (848x375, 377K)

The issue with the Interex was that they were an Eldar puppet state - a meatshield to be used against Chaos, that would not of had a chance at surviving in the long run. They showed no awareness of what Warp fuckery actually was (Erebus) and got their shit pushed in by the Imperium with apparently little effort. They were a noble star that burned bright and fast, cut short by their own naivety.

>the eastern hordes
Oh, goodness me, that sounds scary.

real life is toning the shit up and we're seeing the effects now

There's been a few threads like this lately. The other day it was the one about there not being enough diversity in the models.

>mysticism in all forms because he knew it lead to the chaos gods.
Worship only added to Chaos, but wasn't it's only lifeblood. Actions and behavior fed Chaos, not just worship.

This desu.

>policies made for and applying only to a single sapient species, our own, are politically equivalent to policies made in the context of and applying to multiple hostile alien sapient species
Fuck, you're irreparably retarded. It's not racism if they're literally a different species.

yeah but people don't fall to chaos god and scream "for the insert war god here" if they think gods don't exist but I don't disagree with you.

/pol/ is out in full force in this thread. Shitting it up as usual with their bigotry. Veeky Forums is fucking cesspit of these fucks. Someone makes a thread criticising some of their neckbeard fantasies or calls out some racism and they descend upon it. Racists need to get the fuck off my board, they are NOT welcome here, or anywhere for that matter.

Can you please stop pretending to be a leftist you fuckwit?

You sound upset.

>Anyone who's actually a 40K fan is well aware of this phrase:
>To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
This. Everyone knows that life is shit for 99.99999% of people in the Imperium. Nobody would unironically want to be a part of it unless they could be guaranteed a certain life.

Its your fault for bringing it up in the first place "or people like you bringing it up anyway" faggot. if you don't want to have a political discussion, don't bring up fucking politics.

Cry more, if you want a safe space where you can fap to your leftist ideologies without criticism, I've heard lefytpol is a great place.

>It's the /Pol/ boogy man
No, it's normal people who are fucking sick and tired of retards constantly needing to bring politics and PC into every fucking fscent of entertainment to the point we're people just want them to fuck off so we can play toy soliders in our make believe land where we don't need to listen to what is on every news station and Facebook page for a few god damn hours outta the week.

It's not /pol/ it's everyone else that's tired of listening to this shit. /Pol/ is not the problem, people trying to interject their own politics and views into a fucking make believe game and getting pissed when people don't play dolly the way they do.

Please, kindly, fuck off.

Stop taking bait you monstrous faggot.

I like it because it's narratively interesting, not because it's at all good or desirable.

The things that make a good setting and the things that make a good place to live in reality are often wildly different.

I am racist. What are you going to do about it?

Well, there *is* 'Allah Akbar'!

>40k has no political satire to it
weeeeew lad

It doesn't any satire it has is self implied.

I'm interested to know what you think is satire

don't get baited user

but /pol/ is kind of a problem. they don't give a shit about our hobby or lore or 40k. The just like using the iconogragphy of our shit for nazi shit which draws in the sjws who want to shut it all down because they also don't give a shit about 40k and just want to be upset about something.

Also 40k's sole purpose is as a background to a wargame. All it needs to do is provide a reason for your cool dudes to fight your friends cool dudes. Hence every faction being a massive asshole, since it means there's a ton of reasons for them to fight everyone else.

Unfortunately idiots have to turn everything into good guy versus bad guy.

Attached: 1510151101650.jpg (620x965, 251K)

From experience I've learned that most WH fans are legit sexually repressed sociopaths who would love to be in power in the Imperium.

That they would be the oppressed masses never seems to cross their minds.

I'm trying not to get Bates but shit man it's hard. Im just tired as fuck listening to constant political and PC babble, can't even enjoy a simple fucking hobby anymore with out being called racist or biggot for liking a fucking make believe e faction

literally the only time I see any of this shit is when retards like you or the wannabe nazis in this thread post whiny, bump-limit length bitchfests about how upset they are on Veeky Forums.org

I mean for fuck's sake. Grow some thicker skin, focus on what you enjoy, stop getting triggered by every fucking thing under the sun.