Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Death Company are tankier than Sanguinary Guard edition

>No-surprise Necron previews
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/21/preview-the-novokh-dynasty-flayed-ones-and-canoptek-wraithsgw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=BWYtpVqHAZA&ab_channel=WarhammerTV

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Tau Codex:
Epub
mega.nz/#!M8Fi0CaI!sk5MB-ZX9GAO8iNACYAue2MF4OmTi3xT_Q4zLXGVQvA
PDF
mega.nz/#!AbQG0CbA!RhIyj5eq1SUXx7m0oaDKVPhTfw5h6ibYQ0mSZRCGPTA

Previous:

Attached: Death-Company-768x358.jpg (768x358, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-CA/plague-drones-of-nurgle-2017
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for fuck namefags

1st for Khan

Attached: escapefromcommoragh.jpg (989x1180, 422K)

Is Fire Raptor good enough to offser the cancer I'll get assembling fuckin FW quality?i

First for real thread here

What are your hopes and dreams for Adepticon?

Do they have a purpose beyond semi-okay screens?

I mean it certainly isn't doing damage, with that WS and strength they're going to be doing 2 wounds per 3 bases to essentially everything, even with the always 5+ or better to wound rule.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x375, 88K)

How are Plague Drones doing in mono-Nurgle lists? They were basically free with the Start Collecting boxes and I have six of them now.

Attached: PlagueDroneofNurgle.png (1038x668, 1.3M)

> 16~20 CP How?

my list right now has a brigade, batallion and vanguard, for 16CP

my warlord is a company commander with grand strategist and kurovs aquilla, giving me 50% returns on my CP spent, plus some from the enemy

I also give my BA librarian the veritas vitae, so i roll an extra dice for my stratagems for CP refund

pregame i spend 2 CP for death company upgrades, which i cant refund

during deployment i spend 8 CP across 6 stratagems, so im rolling 14 dice to get CP back, plus if the enemy uses pre-game strats i can get some from there

in turn 1 at the very least i am using 2cp for 3d6 charge, 1cp for +d3 attacks, 3cp for attacking twice, plus more for rerolls on as many things as i can if im rolling well on CP refunds

the core power of BA is in the amount of CP you have

maybe you should have posted it in the other thread, you had 6 mins head start on me

>Those new knights
What the fuck were they thinking? Thank god I didnt start a House yet or I'd be absolutely pissed

do you intent to post this in every thread from now on?

Hm?

...No? First time I've posted it.

I mean, if this thread dies because of the threadwarring I'll put it in the other one, but that's as far as it'll go.

Is this 2000 points?

fishmen! -aevles

yep

You can hide a mobile unit like a Catacomb Command Barge or a Destroyer Lord behind them, and they can tie up any possible threats from enemies wanting to charge your important characters, or rushing over and tying up a land raider, tank, transport, terminators, anything you don't like. For their points and their abilities, I foresee them being rather efficient points wise and viable to take in a mobile list.

> "If your army is led by a BLOOD ANGELS Warlord..."

You can only get relics fron the of your warlord

god damn Vect is cool

>Sorry Alpharius but... I'll be finishing this now.

Attached: 4912340294.jpg (3840x2200, 3.41M)

>what are stratagems

if you have a BA warlord you can get one for free, i pay 3CP for 2 relics for them instead

What are the mathhammer approved load outs for Blightlord Terminators? I am going to be getting a box as my next purchase and want to know some good load out before assembling.

Attached: Blightlord_Terminator.png (1033x829, 1.71M)

I mean you can't have both IG relics and BA relics.

Q: If my army is led by a Chaos Space Marines Warlord, and
I have a Detachment of Death Guard, can I use the Gifts of
Decay Death Guard Stratagem to include a Relic on a Death
Guard Character?
A: Yes. The only requirement to have access to
Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the
appropriate Faction. If you have a Death Guard
Detachment, you have access to their Stratagems.

I suppose the other question is if they'd be of any use in a Canoptek theme list instead of just taking more wraiths and Acanthrites.

...yes you can

I have relics from ad mech, IG and BA in my list, please read the stratagems that give you relics

Wut that's new. huh

not that user but
10/would not play against

What's missing? Pask's in an Executioner, 2 LRs are Battlecannon, Las and Plas, 2 are Punishers and HBs. Sentinels have Heavy Flamers, HWS have Mortars.

I don't really have any special weapons other than that due to the fact that it's a pain in the arse to get Guard infantry special weapons

Attached: Bumbum.jpg (568x587, 147K)

>Do they have a purpose beyond semi-okay screens?

They can be turned into suicide bombers.

So how exactly your list look like? care to show us?

In the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium there is only...?

Attached: 1516916702159.jpg (1115x1386, 296K)

its missing fast movers

if you are willing to give up doctrines on either detatchment, you have exactly enough points to add celestine and some melta seraphim in that list, I used to use them alot and they are so fucking useful

>it's another "Mental Gymnastics of WAACfags" episode

Alpharius

>A command point and 13 points for d3 mortal wounds

Worthless. Utterly worthless.

Hey fine folks, I need some advice.
I cant decide what chapter to paint my dudes in. I like the imperial fist successors, but cant really choose if I should go Black templar or Crimson fists. I like the knight aspect of the templars and the levelheaded aspect of the crimson fists. Or if there are any other chapters that you recommend please do.
Any advice would be appreciated

Endless harems of female-only warriors devoted to the Emperor.

Reminder that the Emperor made his warrior-women perfectly normal while his men are emasculated and devoted to their duty, therefore the Emperor is a yurifag.

sure thing, prepare for soupy bullshit

BA battalion
Jump librarian, Bolter, forcesword, Veritas vitae
Jump captain, TH/SS, death company, angels wing
Jump captain, TH/SS, Death company
5x scouts, SB + HB
5x scouts, SB + HB
5x scouts, SB + HB

Lucius (or stygies, i prefer lucius) Ad mech vanguard
Dominus, eradication ray, raiment of technomartyr
15x corpuscari priests
15x corpuscari priests
15x corpuscari priests

Cadian brigade
3x company commander with shotguns, 1 is warlord with grand strategist and kurovs
2x platoon commander with shotguns
1x astropath with laspistol
6x infantry teams with mortar team
3x scout sentinels with multi laser
3x heavy weapon squads with 3 mortar teams in each

2000/2000 16 CP, 2 CP is spent pre-deployment on death company upgrades

The list looks good. It’s a bit low on DMG-D6 weapons, but the battle cannons might work well for you.
There are loose plasma gun bits on GW’s website if you don’t mind some conversions.

>Promoting soup
Yuck.

I'm the DC are tankier than SG guy from last thread, here with some numbers. Against one wound weapons with no ap, SG are almost twice as tanky. Against AP neg weapons (I used -1AP, but the effect is more pronounced with higher AP, I think), SG are about 1.5 times more tanky. Against 2 damage weapons with no AP, SG are very slightly tankier. Against 2 damage -AP weapons (I used a disintegrator cannon statline), DC are nearly 1.5 times as tanky.

This was all done per-point (20 man squad of SG vs 35 DC). So, obviously, DC are not nearly as durable, except when your opponent is building to specifically counter Primaris MEQ or something. With the Banner relic, SG blow them out of the water. I was significantly underestimating how valuable 2+ saves were.

>not promoting soup

2 units is barely even soup, lets be honest

hmm, thank you. I'll have to think about this for next shopping.

Paint them as Declates Crusade or a similar force, Templars with red fists and CF with Templar shoulder pads. You could even do it as the veterans of the crusade that the Templars sent to Rynn's World (Crusade of Brotherhood).

Attached: Black_Templar_-_declatesmarineb.jpg (180x260, 16K)

Tau List

HQ
Coldstar Commander: 160
2 fusion blasters/blades-42
1 HO burst cannon-20
Shield generator -8
Crisis Battlesuits: 315
3 guys-126
9 fusion blasters-189

Crisis Battlesuits: 270
3 guys-126
6 Cyclic Ion Blasters-108
3 ATS-36

Crisis Battlesuits: 207
3 guys-126
9 flamers-81
Stealthsuit team: 126
3 guys-60
2 burst cannon-16
1 fusion blasters-21
2 ATS-24
1 drone controller-5

Stealthsuit team: 126
3 guys-60
2 burst cannon-16
1 fusion blasters-21
2 ATS-24
1 drone controller-5
Stealthsuit Team: 120
3 guys-60
3 burst cannon- 24
3 ATS-36

Stealthsuit Team: 120
3 guys-60
3 burst cannon- 24
3 ATS-36

Ghostkeel: 209
Cyclic ion raker-39
2 fusion blasters-42
ATS-18
Shield generator-8
2 stealth drones-20
Ghostkeel: 209
Cyclic ion raker-39
2 fusion blasters-42
ATS-18
Shield generator-8
2 stealth drones-20

1862/2000

Rest filled with drones

am I terminally gay

Attached: 1512067102892.jpg (1066x600, 68K)

thats not a plague drone at all

>take a 1 wounds scarab whose going to die anyway
>pays 1 cp for D3 mortal wounds
its not bad

You mean 6 right? Relic CP are used before the battle and are non refundable
Also,
>souping this hard
Consider suicide

Let’s be honest, Celestine and Inferno pistol Seraphim very easily earn double their points each game.

sounds interesting user, care to share your workings on that?

a key thing to consider at least at a competitive level is that people will mass low strength low ap single damage dakka to blow through invuln saves and hordes, so the prevalence of plasma is not as common as it used to be

Orks when

12 attacks in one swarm isn't something to laugh at

Do SG have 'reroll to charge' buffer like Lemartes?

>are used before the battle

deployment is before the battle, death company is when you muster your army, IE in the list building phase

>Consider suicide

I never said it was a fluffy list user

ye thats why i love them

How do I cut 11pts over the limit? Should I drop a CIB for a flamer on two crisis suits each? It would save me 18pts and maybe I will actually use these flamers once

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [44 PL, 1011pts]
T'au Empire Sept Choice: Farsight Enclaves

+ HQ +
Commander Farsight [8 PL, 151pts]: Hero of the Enclaves (Farsight Enclaves), Warlord

+ Troops +
Strike Team [3 PL, 67pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone
Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Pistol + Pulse Rifle: 4x Pulse pistol

Strike Team [3 PL, 67pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone
Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Pistol + Pulse Rifle: 4x Pulse pistol

+ Elites +
XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [6 PL, 120pts]
2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
Stealth Shas'vre: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [12 PL, 303pts]
Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Cyclic ion blaster
Crisis Shas'vre: 3x Cyclic ion blaster, XV8-02 Crisis Iridium battlesuit

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [12 PL, 303pts]
Crisis Shas'vre: 3x Cyclic ion blaster, XV8-02 Crisis Iridium battlesuit

Attached: 1521497491793.jpg (593x448, 116K)

Are you sure?
games-workshop.com/en-CA/plague-drones-of-nurgle-2017

>implying any half competent player will ever let your serephim get within 6" let alone 3" of anything worth more than 10

drop the 2+ armor saves on the crisis suits, just deploy them in obscured cover or something

I stand corrected
I guess I was thinking of bloat drones
what a silly distinction to make
god I hate new GW naming conventions

> being this WAAC
> mfw my and my bros play CAAC
I fucking love not having to deal with players like you.

Attached: comfy.jpg (601x312, 139K)

Is it worth it to take special weapons on a scout sergeant, like combi weapons/storm bolters if they're just being used to for troop tax and securing objectives?

> Following our poll to choose an army, the Tyranids won, and a brave mixed group from the Warhammer Studio and Warhammer Community teams will be trying to take on some of the best players in the world with a devouring swarm of gribblies

Where were you when bugs BTFO Guilliman and his elf fuckbois

Attached: 1514321396754.jpg (480x640, 24K)

What about drones? Any reason to field gun ones or should I field shield/marker?

Slutty cosplay girls

Slutty cosplay girls

I'm wrong, I'm freely admitting that. It's just a simple calculation based on (number of models * number of wounds (2 for 1 damage wounds on SG otherwise 1) / (chance to hit * chance to wound * chance to pierce armor * chance to fail FNP). That corresponds to how many shots it takes to kill the entire clump. FNP was just modelled as 5/6 for 1 wound, and 35/36 for 2 wound. I'm not even taking into account morale effects, which are going to fuck DC, or the fact that nearly everyone who uses SG uses the banner.

>local area has a large mixture of WAAC tourneyplayers and non WAAC casual players
>never take these types of lists vs the casual players, like the running of the bullgyns + scion list
>play well and have fun with casual players
>have never been denied a game

how does it feel that you are only half way to being the best type of player?

you could use some markerlights, i would drop the stealth suits over them if anything if your theme is FSE crisis bombing

I love stormbolters generally on scouts, cheap as shit and you are almost always in rapid fire range, plus if they die you arnt losing much

Attached: 387377954247802880.png (128x119, 13K)

Hasn't that always been the rule? Even in 7th?

Kind of difficult to pull off dude, considering they both move 24” on a 2+.

Slutty cosplay girls

Because they still work on basically the same charts as the previous edition even with the massive changes.

Really the only change I can think of was ap and toughness calculations. Which both didn't help accommodate mortal wounds, but intact made strong stat dependant units weaker.

Seriously go look at aos and compare it to what we have. The difference is like checkers and chess, and we're bringing rules from checkers into chess.

Attached: Hellforged Leviathan get a cannon.jpg (554x554, 63K)

That's at least triple gay, son

Slutty cosplay girls

>i would drop the stealth suits over them if anything if your theme is FSE crisis bombing
I thought they might be useful as objective catchers with fire warriors

Just run them with combi plasmas and axes and give the champion a flail

Amazed people didn't know this. Hell, don't you get a free relic per faction?

This.

Attached: 1521573839700.jpg (729x1096, 111K)

Me and my bros just play. Anything with AAC at the end of it is pure cancer. Caring what units your opponent fields is bitch shit

Which is better in melee, berserkers, plague marines, or noise marines?

Any ideas for converting/alternate ideas to a Fireblade? I think I've figured out I want two, but I don't want the same guy twice, even though I do like the armour style.

Big Celestine cosplayer tits

they are, you need to decide if markerlights are worth it

if you want to compromise, get yourself a fireblade some how, his 2+ markerlight plus 1 cp for +d3 will help you out for cheap while buffing the strike teams

Plague Marines with two melee weapons

>A melee unit with special melee weapons that can fight twice
The Berserkers you fuck.

You have no idea.
Plagur drone
Bloaht drone.
Blight drone.
Blight hauler.
Plague crawler.
Plague bearer
Etc.

I have to do kindergarten memory things so I can remember that (plague crawlers crawl slowly, blight haulers quickly haul ass their blight).

Well, a decent big fat tits cosplay would improve the community for sure

Attached: Callidus Assassin tortured by Deldar.gif (350x193, 1.9M)

> playing in Tournaments
sorry user, but as much as I love gaming, I'd rather be doing something else than be forced to play for 8+ hours.

Attached: Spicy AF.jpg (325x305, 14K)

IIRC the DG codex has something like 600 uses of the word 'plague'.

Attached: 1519883349165.jpg (1024x896, 190K)

Plague marines. You can kill a land raider or two rhinos with a single swing of blades and VoLW.

Berserkers can do the chaff game pretty good and are fast though. But on numbers plague marines.

Crimson Fists are actually one of the few chapters that can make primaris work decently enough if you happen to like the models and Pedro Kantor is amazing

based anons.

Attached: fd9a28701ce4e3e05d4c6d0a587c8fb2.jpg (665x1000, 119K)

I'm just gonna make up names or something. This is ridiculous.

All the new Nurgle names have led us to just coming up with more memorable and cute nicknames.

So you have doodlebugs, flying lawnmowers and big gross flies.

>Just run them with combi plasmas and axes and give the champion a flail
> give the champion a flail
> mfw when it does not say the champion can't have the flail
I know the Plague Marines but I had no fucking idea I could do this blightlords. also, what about the meltas?

Attached: Happy-Dog.jpg (400x534, 57K)

>24 inch movement
>mattering when I can deploy in the back of my deployment and still shoot you turn 1
a competent player will be able to keep his shit bubblewrapped to a point where you can't land outside of an inch
A nid player can do it with exactly 1 unit of gaunts if he's autistic enough

Which ones doodle bugs?

Do someone share my autism? That each (same unit) squads MUST have same aesthetics like bits pose and shits?

>8+ hours

the last one i went to in southport had 4 matches on the first day

I fucking love tournaments desu, my mind is geared to throwing my horrific lists against other horrific lists, having beers with my opponents and then seeing how high i can place, it also gives me a deadline to have my army painted otherwise i would never get them done because im not really into the painting side of the hobby

at the same time i'm not going to throw my tourney lists at people at a gamenight at my LGS

HIGH ETHEREAL AUN'VA WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAACE?

Attached: o'ryn.jpg (305x293, 75K)