HFY

Ok Veeky Forums the HFY pool has been a little dry as of late

So I come with a proposition

What if humanity from the halo universe was inserted into the pre-contact mass effect universe?

Please make this shower thought happen

Attached: IMG_3310.jpg (874x640, 108K)

There's alreayd a lengthy cross over fanfiction about this.

no

Link?

You quite clearly don't belong here

Been a while since I read it, google it an sort through the millions of ME x Halo facfics there are.

These crossovers are always kinda stupid, both universes are underpinned by different fictional physics systems.

That's what makes them fun

Should we create standardized OP for HFY generals? I mean, there probably should be some sort of repository, maybe imgur album with screencaps? Also there should be some rules, as these threads tend to quickly devolve into shitfest of pure hatred. While I understand frustration with lazy writing, when inspired newbies write some greentext, using the age old formula:

>Humans better
>Aliens fuck with humans
>Humans fuck alien into submission
>Humans dominate

Some of the older works were really interesting (Space Skeletons, Sex the stars, Veil of Madness, Anthropological study of humans binding with every possible predator they found, DeadSpace X Mass Effect, etc.), many users just come here and shit all over thread without even studing the content, using buzzwords, which discourage good writefags and lurkers and encourage the lingering /pol/acks to start throwing their buzzwords.

Or is it in irreparable state and HFY on Veeky Forums have no longer viable future?

Unsure

All of the above maybe?

What do HFY think about transhuman or even posthuman?

Attached: therian - tg wargaming in the future.jpg (1896x1387, 352K)

Human delux

> Please make this shower thought happen

I can smell the Reddit, and I can smell the Reddit, and I can smell the Reddit

Ususally the following happens
>UNSC WANK
>Citadel and Batarians gets stomped
>Covies appear
>Batarians get left in a back alley bleeding to death
>Citadel and UNSC team up to win the war
>ONI does shit and comes out on top despite the STG operating from around the time before we had gunpowder
>Cerberus is an offshoot of ONI somehow
>Shepard fucks a lot of people
>Reapers and Flood reee at each other
>Forerunner tech wipes out Reapers or is ignored by them.

The only hfy I am sick of is the deathworlder bullshit. I would love some good transhumanism.

Except no covenant

Just UNSC

And no flood

still UNSC WANK

It appears as if you play CoD

>>Reapers and Flood reee at each other

This is interesting premise. With Reapers wiping out intelligent races capable of intergalactic travel, they could be pre Halo versions of containment system. Point, where Forerunner choose precise, surgical elimination instead of galaxy wide reset button.

In DeadEffect mash-up, author theorized, that Reapers where safeguards, protecting rise of civilization to point, where they inevitably create new Brethren Moon by deconstructing a recreating Marker technology.

Which shows how limited our Galaxy BBEGs are.

>Halo
It's not the 2000s anymore user you don't have to pretend like Halo had cool lore. We have DOOM again it's okay to come out of your shelter the bad times are over.

So the two most interesting parts of Halo?

>We have DOOM again
Not only DOOM, but DOOM with lore and shit!

Not to mention Titanfall 2 was pretty rad. It's a shame the series is dead though.

You thinking of Clash of Civilisations?

Sounds familiar, so probably.

This is not a halo wank

This is HFY

Fuck off to reddit with your gay human wank shit.

HFY is a product of Veeky Forums

Halo did have good lore. Emphasis on "did". Back when the Forerunners were mysterious and the Covenant enigmatic.

I don't acknowledge any of the 343 games as canon.

And people complained about how retarded it was from the very first thread, and continued to complain about it until you idiots finally got the message and departed to r/HFY where you became something even more pathetic than the scum and losers that were mocked and ridiculed here.

He doesnt care, he will sit there and reee and cry and sputter till he either gets his way or pisses his pants and needs to take a break. Honestly hfy is fine, it has its own niche and a lot of people like it. Some people however are idiotic and cant into other people having opinions.

>Honestly hfy is fine, it has its own niche and a lot of people like it.

HFY is uniformly shit, from it's flawed and idiotic inception, to the countless unreadable pieces of poorly written fanfiction that the HFY faggots lap up and encourage just for the sake of perpetuating their stale meme of a concept, to the ghastly practice of asserting that works by authors who don't have their head shoved up their asses are "HFY" because they happen to have human protagonists, despite the authors having no interest in exalting humanity and often openly condemning aspects of it.

HFY has always just been idiots failing to appreciate that humans are already the most important race in 99% of settings, attempting to dispel myths of their own creation about humanity somehow being perceived as boring, while overshadowed by embarrassing notes of proxy racism/nationalism.

It's shit. So that means it belongs on Reddit, and so do you.

The only 343 game I accept as canon is Halo Wars 2, only because Atriox isn't pants on head retarded like Holo-Hitler or ONI.

Master Chief would rip Shepard in half.
Also Halo isn’t very HFY considering all of the shady shit the UNSC has to do just to survive against the covenant like dooming an entire satellite station of civilians because they saw too much, sending in super soldiers to kill rebels and of course kidnapping children.

Anybody know this one?

ONI commits a lot of war crimes during the reconstruction period... actually a lot in general.

Please, proceed to filter HFY keyword and go to threads, that you will enjoy.

HFY threads are for HFY fans. If you can't use filtering, please consider more user friendly page. Maybe aforementioned reddit is ideal for you.

Sorry, this isn't Reddit, and you making a thread doesn't magically make it a safespace for you to spam whatever offtopic dumb shit you want.

This has next to nothing to do with traditional games. Hell, the OP is about two video games. But, if this wasn't absolute shit, it might be tolerable.

Sadly, HFY is shit that doesn't have a single redeemable feature, and the entire world would be better off without it.
Hate hearing these truths? Run off to Reddit where you don't need to hear the mean people call you out on your dumb faggot shit.

I understand your fixation on reddit, but please, proceed to use word filter, it is really easy and you can find many examples how to set it up, if you have problem understanding how it works. It will be good for you in future, so you don't stress yourself, while browsing Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is not your safe space, where if you protest enough, things disappear. HFY will be here, along with the thousands of shit, off-topic and cancerous threads we like so much, because Veeky Forums is not for traditional games. It is for people who play traditional games.

the guy is just baiting. ignore him

Do you have any stories about humanity working together against a catastrophe?

>hey guys, this is my personal dumping ground
>I can dump whatever I want, because I'm an entitled shit who thinks that ascribing some label to myself gives me special permissions
>even though I honestly don't give a shit about discussing traditional games and clog up this board for the people that do.

Imagine if everyone was as much of a piece of shit as you are. Instead, we lucked out, and only have a couple dozen other idiots like you who spam this board with offtopic shit that even /trash/ would consider beneath itself.

Thankfully, as OP figured out, HFY has been basically dead for years now, with only idiots like yourself feeling the need to drag out its rotting corpse to show what happens when a bad idea is carried around by idiots well past its expiration date.

It's embarrassing, to say the least. Hell, even your attempt to defend it was simply admitting that you don't belong here and you don't care how shit it and you happen to be.

How much power does the UNSC have?
Aren't they still beholden to an Earth Government or are they the Scary Superpowers U.N. that everyone worries about?

More or less a military junta with the ONI spooks pulling a lot of strings in both the military and the civil government.

People like you make this entire site worse.

I can't describe how annoyed I was when the series' unique quasi-religious themes were replaced with some retarded Forever War between ancient aliens and ancient humans, peppered with tryhard operators operating operationally garbage. Spartans have suffered the same fate as Mandalorians and Sonic the Hedgehog.

The UNSC is incredibly technologically backwards compared to mass effect. If the UNSC bumped in the the Batarians they would get their shit pushed in immediately.

Yeah, the UNSC is still using 21st century style weaponry, which the Batarians are totally immune to if memory serves (i think ME shields are bullet proof). The only advantage humanity has is their FTL.

The Alliance outclasses them in vehicles as well.

Despite the best efforts of many people I've played Halo with, the Warthog can't maneauver like the Mako.

I thought OP was asking for a standard Halo/Mass Effect crossover, and 9/10 that happens... at least the poorly written ones.

Yeah, in terms of ground doctrine the SA wipes the floor with non-Spartan UNSC soldiers. Hell, the Spartans can be taken down with Disruptor round equipped sniper team.

That's because Halo attracts legions of brain-dead fanboys who think it's a work of hardcore mil sim sci fi instead of space opera.

Granted so is Mass Effect, but its community isn't masturbatory in that sense