Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Go fast or go home edition.

Previous >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

Attached: hhws.jpg (796x807, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www71.zippyshare.com/v/4g69VUjL/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=r8X07mbeMmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for first

Attached: 1326743649917.png (322x452, 77K)

Is there any viable way to run Fury of the Ancients when the downside is so damaging? The amount of VPs your opponent can get is kind of intimidating, but I love me some necrobots.

You want to field a Legion that helps to compensate/buffs dreads, like IH, AL or (if memory serves) IW.

Persuade a mechanicum player to run a pure cybernetica list against you. Fuck scoring, fuck objectives, it's time to ROBORUMBLE.

>mechanicum player to run a pure cybernetica list against you
Ok.
I take Scoria and 3 bees.
Your move.

Newsflash: WE ARE ALREADY AT HOME and immobile to boot.

Reminder that Luther is best Space Dad.

>Take three doritos
>Take a few extra mortis dreads
>Shoot down bees in two turns

You are not adhering to the honorabru standards of ROBORUMBLE. For shame, user. For shame.

Zone Mortalis without any warning?

Other than that you're stuck biting the bullet and not caring about VPs.

I still don't understand why Lion exiled him after only one mission. I know Gav has form for this sort of thing (hello striking scorpion who became an exarch after literally his first battle as an aspect warrior) but it doesn't make sense why the Lion decided a load of his dudes were useless that quickly.

Bitterboys Command Squad just built. Can't wait to paint them.

Attached: IMG-20180321-WA0054.jpg (4032x2268, 850K)

And my meltamen, legion support squad.

Attached: IMG-20180321-WA0038.jpg (4032x2268, 846K)

Heresy of the highest order.

I want more Warhammer High

>not going fast

Attached: played yourself.gif (444x444, 1.29M)

That helmet in the middle needs a pair of phosphex canisters. Also a big foam power fist.

Attached: sweet-phosphex.jpg (800x800, 75K)

>Deredeo
I don't understand why anyone takes them. Objectively a bad choice for AA.
And I'd wager 3 bees will significantly reduce any AA supposed against it before I lose a bot.

That's fair. Massed castellax and arlatax then.

>Take three doritos
Why? Doritos are garbage.

Would this be ok for OG style Army using SA rules?

Attached: army.jpg (800x886, 69K)

Yeah, bonus points for making Vostroyans in Space/Old Imperial Army

Rule of cool. I think they are pretty cool.

>Rule of cool
I guess, but it's a slot that could be a much cooler leviathan, and the AA role is beat done by a Mortis

I thought attack bikes were a 40k exclusive? Hence the traitor legions not having any?

What? How? They’re amazing for shooting stuff down.

>Objectively a bad choice for AA
>2 strength 10 AP 2 shots with Exoshock at BS 5
Statistically speaking you are scoring 2-3 penetrating hits against an AV 12 flyer on average meaning even if you don't kill it turn 1 you are effectively disabling it until you can kill it the following turn. Also they can outrange most guns and still penetrate AV 15 vehicles

imo, you're better off without a Rite of War even if your Dreadnoughts can't score. Just take two or more Tactical Squads in Rhinos to satisfy the force org chart and for jumping on objectives in the late game. (The required Forge Lord and Primus Medicae in Fury of the Ancients can cost almost as much anyway, once you arm them.) They're in Rhinos not just for the speed, but so that you don't have any T4 units in the open. Some weapons will be useless against your army, and there's some overlap between the guns that work well against Dreadnoughts and Rhinos.

If you can live without drop-podding Leviathans, consider Salamanders with Covenant of Fire. You'd need a third Troops choice if you wanted 3 Leviathans, and you'd need a Master of the Legion (Cassian Dracos, the HQ dread, isn't one iirc).

The Thousand Sons also have a Dreadnought (with psychic powers) that fills an HQ slot, the Osiron. Don't stress about slots, though. The way talons work, you can fit over 2000 points of Dreads into your Elites slots.

No, SA are specifically equipped for void warfare.

No, they’re in the red book. There’s no 30k-specific model yet, but their rules are actually pretty good.

And all they got to show for it is a special rule on their armour. A thing even Cadians can get with a gas mask and some techy bits.

>Someone thinks of fun army or match concept
>Someone barges in going "hurr durr this is how I would beat this non-competitive army"
Why is /hhg/ the worst general?

>didnt even teach his kid to tear titans apart with his mind
get on Amon's level desu

Why's the Taghmata army list in the mega look so shitty compared to the legion books?

Because it's for a dying game that even FW have all but given up on.

Scananon was drunk.

>biggest and best Studio Preview
>biggest
They're going to announce something literally small as a joke. If nothing smaller than 28mm is previewed dubs picks the retarded question I ask at the upcoming Warhammerfest seminar. I will record the response. I'll take a pic of my ticket later tonight as proof.

Attached: pic805134.jpg (915x630, 159K)

Probably Epic!, Titanicus or BFG

>Adeptus Titanicus has been postponed until Q3 2019

How big is everyone's circles for HH?

I moved to my area recently and found someone to build opposing armies with, and know of a few other people (maybe 3-5) that play heresy too. We're convincing some to start up too, after we get our armies set up.

Old circle never actually got into it, and now that I have the funds from a new job to start I'm really excited.

www71.zippyshare.com/v/4g69VUjL/file.html
clean version converted from epub

Don't fuck with me user. I want my Titans.

>be britbong
>will be asleep when announcement's made
>wake up to find out big surprise
It's like christmas! All the excitement leading up to the disappointment of the big reveal!

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKK!!

You guis all ready for the BIG HORIS HERESY REVEAL TONIGHT?!?!?!?!?
Joking DEAD GAEMS don't get suppprt!

>tfw the "big horus heresy reveal" means they reveal truscale HH

Show me some power great swords.

Attached: 1521588113981.png (444x329, 110K)

You can play Adeptus Titanicus right now.

Attached: 1BA8CBF4-F6C1-4EE6-A293-0FA002A867CA.jpg (960x960, 347K)

Attached: Templar brethren in mk III.jpg (3288x1236, 707K)

Attached: 662CF854-C0A0-44EF-BDB9-122EF8FF1842.jpg (1440x1016, 278K)

Attached: F3002A86-35EB-427B-8B31-EE304403CB21.jpg (960x720, 188K)

If they refuse to do the best pattern of warhound in titanicus as well I'll be moderately mad.

Attached: warhound best pattern.jpg (800x800, 151K)

They look great

MORE.

Attached: 1467503108313.jpg (500x608, 89K)

Attached: D4751BF5-2E54-4FE7-939D-74B042281E19.jpg (800x598, 161K)

I'll be moderatili mad also

If I remember correctly, they were made using the big swords from the power armoured grey knights kit.

I was tempted to, but the reported scale change to 8mm turned me off from painting the rest of my stuff.

Attached: FA6B0211-8DD6-46A6-95C1-ECD89A65B116.jpg (2048x1536, 538K)

This is what an old 6mm dreadnought looks like, about 19mm (3/4”) tall. In 8mm he’d be 24mm tall.

Attached: E408426E-B3A8-48F6-890B-C01A9B4C0EC6.jpg (1080x818, 123K)

My area is just starting up.
There's me, 2 Sons of Horus, 1 Iron Warrior, and one possible Dark Angel player so far.

Any chance for Imperator Titan in Titanicus?

>Newly discovered primarch
>First mission is garrison duty
>Takes down a handful of marines to the surface when everything goes tits up whilst leaving nearly the entirety of his legion in orbit

Plz dont remind me about this book

The forumware designer said the truescale titans are already 8mm scale.

Wouldn’t it be the same size and price as a Porphyrion?

>Daemonic possession youtube.com/watch?v=r8X07mbeMmU

I want, but groveling for months on a subforum isnt appealing

I just messaged one of the admins of a Facebook group and got info immediately.

Pretty much this.

Three old turbo-grognards that play both 30k and 40k, nobody that's really pleasant to play against.

There's actually a 40k community closer to my home than the one described above, I've yet to scout that one for 30k players. Thing is, I'd rather not give their "offer a discount on models, charge fees for using tables" business model any money if I can help it.

Is 20 terminstors (10 of each) too much for night lords? I'm fairly infantry heavy (terror assault), but the fact that they can always deep strike is very fitting for NL and their ambush tactics.

>Is 20 terminstors (10 of each) too much for night lords?
No, you have the best generic terminators in the game, use them.

Anyone here willing to give me a rundown on Sons of Horus culture? From their native planet to combat doctrines, gang culture, wolf symbolism etc.

Attached: True_Sons_Scheme.jpg (420x732, 259K)

They was kangz, yo

For real though, Cthonia was strip-mined during the Dark Age of Technology, and during the Age of Strife the early Mechanicum came and took away almost every piece of technology worth having. The population of workers, stranded there, had to resort to brutal wars where people were defined by their loyalty to a specific gang or clan. As time passed and the scarce resources grew scarcer, successful leaders started developing personality cults around themselves, and due to the lack of things like food and medicine people quickly stopped taking mercy and being defensive. All of this would be reflected in the Luna Wolves, growing more prevalent as the Terran/non-Cthonian portions of the Legion passed away/were hopelessly outnumbered by the Cthonians - and the Death-Dealers / Savage Fighters (?) rules represent that. By the time of the Heresy, things were reaching "critical mass", and in lore you see SoH committing more of what we today would call crimes of war than most other Legions. NL and WE kill more civilians and often do so in more horrific ways, but SoH... there's a sort of brutality to them, beyond the berserk fury of WE or the sadistic cruelty of the NL. If prisoners make a fuss, they'll rip off an arm or smack them with a deactivated chainsword, and leave them to die. While EC invented the whole Dark Compliance schtick, SoH appear to have used it more than most. Not to mention what they did at Prospero, unironically more fucked up than most things SW did there.

They're highly individualistic. Each Legionnaire will modify their gear, or have it modified, and they aren't adverse to scavenging, mixing marks of armour etc. By the time of the Heresy, pretty much all of their LW organisation is gone. You have Clans respesenting something between half a Codex company in strength to a Chapter or so, with the odd Clan being even stronger. They're about as well-equipped as the Iron Warriors.

(I.E. at the very toppest tier), but where IW have a pretty even distribution of stuff like super-heavies and rare gear, SoH instead have that at the high command level, to be distributed between Clans and strike forces as needed. It's worth noting that Clans aren't really permanent organisations - you could compare them to a BT Crusade fleet.

Also I don't think they use a lot of different ranks - a lot of officers might be captains or centurions, but depending on who has the most victories and/or experience in general, who has the favour of Horus and the Mournival, who is friendly with the allied Legion for the campaign, who is best at the specific type of warfare, who has the most charisma etc, command can vary a lot within the force, also.

They favour spear-head tactics and decapitating strikes, ripping the heart out of the enemy command structure and leaving the rest vulnerable, something the later Chapters mimic.

They had one of the largest fleets, almost certainly beaten only by the IF and matched probably only by the DA and IW.

A) Because Descent of Angels was pretty shit.

B) Lion made the link between the daemon and the beasts and sent Luther back to safeguard Caliban. He also just assumed Luther had figured it out and never bothered to double check because Lion is a low fellowship build.

Looks better than the original version desu

Attached: 30k-world-eaters-vs-imperial-fists-10.jpg (945x709, 669K)

Hope you're excited for them to be in the wrong scale when the official releases come.

Because he's mistrustful, that's his shtick

When the official release comes in 2050.

>Plastic Sisters and a new Knight for 40k
>30k still left by the wayside.

FW just had their event a month ago. Let GW prime have theirs.

>>Plastic Sisters and a new Knight for 40k

>mfw thinking we'll finally not have to put up with people whining for plastic sisters
>not coming til 2019
so close

Read

Hmm, by the look of the plasma weapon it looks like the knight is a recent creation of Cawl, guess i'll stick to the FW ones

People can just use the rules and eBay the models.

Reminder that BL is using this 1 piece of artwork (White Scars vs. Emperor's Children on Terra) to define the entire course of the EC/WS in the HH books on the siege. Khan and Fulgrim are even going to have an aerial standoff (jetbike vs. demon wings)

30k is basically dead at this point until it gets 8th edition rules I think.

they actually did it the absolute madmen I am crying tears of joy

>Plastic Sisters
Thanks, Roundtree, I'll start saving now. The Order of the Black Habit will actually exist.

Well, we already knew about surfing on that land raider, and his conflict with Fulgrim was foreshadowed from Scars

>implying they won't find a way to stick the new knight into 30k
>in Q4 2020, when the next Mechanicum book drops

Well so far these are the main rivalries between loyalist and traitor legions. I've based this from the BL novels.

Dark Angels: Night Lords
White Scars: Emperor's Children, Death Guard
Space Wolves: Thousand Sons, Sons of Horus (kinda)
Imperial Fist: Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion (kinda)
Blood Angels: Sons of Horus
Iron Hands: Emperor's Children
Ultramarines: Word Bearers, World Eaters
Salamanders: They're already all dead
Raven Guard: Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, Sons of Horus (kinda)

As you can see, its pretty balance. I'm totally okay they based the rivalry off that picture, it makes sense. White Scars can totally be nemesis with Emperor's Children. Its actually a better antagonism than White Scars and Death Guard.

Scars are all about being the outsider who accepts their position, without honour or glory they will follow their assigned path. A big part about their legion mentality is this idea of almost acceptance and contentment. Emperor's Children are now 100% about pushing the limits of desire and fulfilment. That's why they're so messed up, attain greater levels of pleasure before all else.

Ying and yang, contentment and decadence, White Scars and Emperor's Children. Its a good dichotomy, and I trust Chris Wraight to do a good job in the future. Unless some other tard is assigned to depict them and messes it up.

>best generic in the game
Explain? I'm legit curious

Talent for Murder
If NLs outnumber an opponent at their initiative step in assault, they get +1 to hit and +1 to wound. Terminators and jump infantry count as 2 models for determining this, so a full 10 man terminator squad counts as 20. And if they can whittle down an opponent before getting into combat they can keep that advantage.
Also, they benefit from having weapons striking at different initiatives because TfM is determined when the model strikes. So if the squad is outnumbered early in the combat, or even has an equal count, but then lowered the number of enemies over the course of the fight, then the NLs fighting at lower initiative will gain that bonus.

It's kind of like the Sons of Horus bonus, which also operates via outnumbering. However, Sons of Horus only get their bonus of making an extra attack if they've already made an attack that fight. This means that models striking with thunder hammers or power fists never get that bonus. Their ability helps them win a fight they've already pretty much won. The NL ability helps them win a fight in the first place.

And probably some other stuff.
Personally, I still think getting psychic powers and a possible +1 to the invulnerable save makes TSon termies a bit better, but it's still a pretty close race.

Alright, I've bitten the bullet and want to make a white scars army.
I have:
- 12 Jetbikes
- 10 Outrider bikes
- 3 Javelins
- 1 Lightning
Plus some assortment of BaC and BoP.

I'm not entirely sure what sky slayer jetbikes really do. in Chogorian Brotherhood they are scoring troops, but they suck in CC and their shooting isn't all that amazing (heavy bolters; one in three gets a volkite culverin).

It’s not based on just that piece of artwork, it’s a logical extension of the Siege as told in the White Dwarf articles that got turned into Index Astartes IV.

As early as in the Realm of Chaos books in the late ‘80s, the Emperor’s Children were written to have left the siege to go do things to civilians. In Index Astartes (early/mid-‘00s), possibly earlier, the White Scars start the Siege outside the walls and harry the flanks as much as possible. It makes a lot of sense that the two would run into each other.

I haven't used them, but from what I've been told a solid build for jetbikes is to give them meltabombs and volkite weapons. Doing so gives you a highly mobile unit capable of both throwing lots of dice at infantry and dealing with tanks. WS jetbikes also get the bonus of being skilled riders and that neat go fast, get cover and kill better ability.

Outriders, however, are supposedly better in assault since they can take a larger number of power weapons in a unit.

Here’s my list. Replace anything with Javelins and the Lightning, they’re great units.

Jetbikes are shooty, and can go for objectives at the end of the battle. Heavy bolters aren’t that bad, especially because they let you spend a lot of time out of range of a lot of units. But as you say, they’re pretty useless close up.

Attached: 04FFEDE8-4A61-407E-BC1A-28349711612C.jpg (1378x1680, 665K)

They really could have done without the second part of that book, everything after the Dark Angels arrive on Caliban was crap.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good knight.

Attached: nu-night.jpg (731x722, 87K)

>I'm not entirely sure what sky slayer jetbikes really do. in Chogorian Brotherhood they are scoring troops, but they suck in CC and their shooting isn't all that amazing (heavy bolters; one in three gets a volkite culverin).
Wait for your custom units or run them as the heavy support option. Skyslayers are only good with Dark Angels.