>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
Does your character have/want a familiar? Does it look special in any way, or is it just a boring ol' regular animal? DMs, do you encourage your players to have unique looking familiars, or just stick with the descriptions given? Has anyone ever even seen a Pseudodragon, let alone had one be a familiar?

Attached: familiar.jpg (999x799, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E-p_eoKxIH8?list=PLfS8QgUdeGYqNneY16sB2RFfWI40jlgIy&t=878
drive.google.com/open?id=1XkGR1c9QUONTFsmT2YippQ1LMPSMjwhC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When the shadfag posts in here just ignore him. Don't even say to report and sage just hide the posts.

Every time I've ever had a familiar my DM kills it for cheap drama after a couple of sessions

DM I letting me have a pixie familiar from the magic initiate feat at the start of our campaign. Ties into back story of my character is good friends with a local Nymph that saved him when he was younger, he kept going back to hear stories about heros and now is setting out to be one and help his family in the process.

Attached: 1514341360155.jpg (1920x2967, 1.65M)

Familiars are dumb and the only reason to get one is flyby aid owl cheese.

>Being this much of a pleb

Attached: 1463093380668.jpg (960x639, 77K)

I'm playing a Kobold Gold Draconic Sorcerer right now and when I dipped into lock for some invocations and story reasons (red dragon wiped out his clan, he wanted revenge and the entity offered some extra power for a few favors) I took Pact of the Chain and got him a Pseudodragon.

His name is Serexis. He prefers to feed on live prey such as mice, pigeons and moles and despises cats (the cleric took Find Familiar as a ritual spell w/ Ritual Caster for a cat). He also enjoys draping himself over my shoulders as I dart around the battlefield at long range firing off 300+ft. Eldritch Blasts.

He loves puzzles. My sorcerer has probably spent ~300 gold on buying little puzzles for him to mess around with over the past year in-game.

They are crazy useful for multiple reasons.

My longest running character has had a pseudodragon follower since AD&D, and I consider that to be an essential part of her character. Since the rules have changed throughout the editions and I wind up playing the character through inconsistent levels, I sometimes have had to argue with the DM a little to let me have the pseudodragon. I sometimes wound up treating the pseudodragon as a magical item rather than as a follower/familiar, which worked well enough.

I've often thought that it is the sort of thing that in general should be treated as a magical item, but the issue with that is that nearly everyone at the table would probably have a familiar, and that can get somewhat obnoxious.

So this was my DM's reason for why no Brutes in the DND. youtu.be/E-p_eoKxIH8?list=PLfS8QgUdeGYqNneY16sB2RFfWI40jlgIy&t=878

Starts at 14:40

what's a shadfag?

I dunno. I haven't seen any art of female yuan-ti abominations in 5e.

this is what tabaxi should look like. prove me wrong

Attached: kyoung-hwan-kim-catom.jpg (600x823, 56K)

>want to diversify my "character pool"
>every other game its just another Oath of Devotion Paladin
>can't stop being a generic dogooder

Attached: command grapple.jpg (1440x1385, 286K)

drive.google.com/open?id=1XkGR1c9QUONTFsmT2YippQ1LMPSMjwhC

How does this look for a CR1 pack hunter beast?

I have zero tolerance for anthro animals.

>make a fighter that literally can't do anything except hit hard
>people don't like it
OH GEE I WONDER WHY

Go back to playing monster hunter nip

Embrace your inner Fiendlock. Take a walk on the wild side for once.

But like, Brute is a better Champion right?.. lol

Sometimes you choose the paladin life and sometimes the paladin life chooses you.

Attached: d9b9ca912aaa31d113b73a1801fdd734.jpg (600x800, 26K)

>use Bestow Curse on an enemy
>give them disadvantage on Con saves
>Pseudodragon stings them
>they roll low due to disadvantage
>immediately go unconscious for an hour
What a great and totally not broken combination.

>I ALWAYS NEED MY FAMILIAR
>NOBODY ELSE GETS ONE
>YOU'RE RUINING MY GAME
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
go back
You posted another in the last thread. I remember seeing three one time; got the third?
>I don't like save-or-suck effects
Then go play a different system.

>+4 atk bonus
>DC 11
Oh wow

Attached: images.jpg (194x259, 5K)

>risking your pseudodragon familiar
>for a DC11 disadvantage saving throw to induce unconsciousness
That's not worth it unless you're ambushing someone and if you have other options available in case it doesn't work.

Not but I have this

Attached: 2jAMrXJ.jpg (600x800, 52K)

Save-or-suck is fine, the problem is giving it to a familiar. That and even without it Pseudodragon is broken anyways.

AH that's the 4th one I forgot to save, thanks for posting that.

I don't get it, why were people so mad over this in the last thread?

I can't see anything disagreeable about the balance list. Of course Vuman are the most OP.

Was it a doggo?

Dumping DnD cats

Attached: 8OEl5yN.jpg (600x800, 49K)

Attached: KlGJfY8.jpg (600x800, 51K)

Yeah please don't

I've never really had a familiar, closest I've gotten is a mount. One of my players has an imp familiar and makes great use of it!
On a side note, Oath spells that a paladin gets are spells selected from any list of an equal level, correct? Like a 3rd level oath spell is a themed Druid/Cleric spell?

Attached: 6b2d9f165562e5654cdaa89560d86cdf.jpg (600x559, 33K)

Familiars cant die, they just disappear until you pay the 10 gold and summon it back. How is that drama?

Neat. So is he just having the magic initiate feat act as the cost of your familiar?

No oath spells are the ones listed for the oath you picked.

Attached: 6815fca7b370d08f2b3f87149a273106.jpg (700x600, 63K)

What is scouting?

Well, you can be a dogooder without playing a paladin.

Attached: kid_bastion_by_erodonut-d53khsc.png (572x1134, 457K)

>Pseudodragon is broken anyways
>gets murdered in one touch
My DM gave me the more powerful MM variant familiar when I got my Chain pact pseudodragon, but he constantly tries his hardest to kill it every encounter. At this point it sits behind my back for total cover, and we both benefit from the spell saving throw advantage, but even half damage from a fireball is ending his life instantly.

Sorry I am retarded, I forgot to mention I am making a homebrew oath and was wondering what the criteria was for spells balance

Attached: download (3).jpg (750x419, 160K)

A dog
A raven
An owl
An octopus
A disembodied hand
A cat
And most recently a snake

Every single one of them were only around for 2-3 sessions, and every single one of them got killed in convoluted, nonsensical, or outright bullshit ways by the DM in order to create drama, character development, or a dumb sidequest. Each one was by a different DM, too. They weren't all the same terrible person.

Kinda I took the feat and picked the find familiar spell. I'll be honest and never planned to use her in combat beyond maybe giving us some light. It just made me chuckle thinking of playing and OoA paladin with a "fairy" companion and he was cool with working it in. Although for now she can't cast certain spells like fly and such which is understandable.

Sage the samefag. People gave plenty of fine reasons.
Ooh I like that one.
Tell your DM you don't appreciate his bullshit then. If he keeps being a prick find a new group.

Attached: CkXw2ha.jpg (600x800, 76K)

There's a big chink in that armor.

This is why we can't have nice things

Ahhh, far as I can tell they are thematic for the most part. Also you get them on the level you get spell slots for that level of spell. So for OoA at 9th you get plant growth and protection from energy, which is also the level you get two 3rd level spell slots.

that seems fair though
legendary resistance exists for a reason

Can't you just put a disclaimer on your character sheet that explains how lame that sort of thing is?

Only 2 of them were gained from the Find Familiar spell. The rest were gotten from me spending several sessions looking for them whenever I had spare time, then passing multiple Animal Handling checks of increasing difficulty. Of the two that were magically created, one had my DM homebrew that you needed to go on a quest to resummon Familiars and the other had their spirit magically held hostage by one of the main villains of the campaign.

>Tell your DM you don't appreciate his bullshit then
I don't mind it desu. Now that I'm taking precautions with him hiding behind my back, he gets downed far less, and when he does die, it means the DM gets the thrill of killing at least someone in the party without a player having to roll up a new character, and the familiar only takes 10 gold and an hour to resurrect, and that's hardly a huge amount.

Makes sense, have fun being a Paladin of tree demons.

Why must people kill cute things.

? They're both Fey user

you spend two whole turns and a lvl 3 spell, for a dc 11 check that they need to fail by 5 (so a DC 6 con check effectively) that's attached to a +4 attack vs AC, to accomplish what is effectively the sleep spell? Anything that's worth that much effort will likely not fall to it.

think about that again, It has to fail two wisdom saves at your DC and then a dc 6 con save, even with disadvantage on the con save. And your pseudodragon has to stay alive a whole turn next to whatever the thing is with its whole 7 hp and 13 hp. So no, that combination is neither great nor broken.

>tfw my Knight of the Order Fighter was such a goodly and righteous man that NPCs (and even the rest of the party from time to time) started mistaking him for Paladin

Attached: love.png (925x842, 832K)

Familiars act on their own. This could be done in a single turn. That means failing a single WIS save and a single CON save, and presuming it succeeds the Pseudodragon won't have a turn it's in danger.

Pass without trace is fucking gay. Whose idea was it to make casters better at sneaking than rogues?

Mine, WOTC is my dad.

Go slap your dad for me then, thanks.

can anyone think of a better tabaxi race look than this?

That really makes me think, actually. What's the highest a player can roll for a skill?

your dad likes to get railed by black femboy elves.

31 90% of the time, which is why 5e is hella gay

Would it be a boring and lazy to tell my players they need to recover magical muffins that are important to keep the world stable, if they have plenty of options and interesting lore surrounding each object? Is it too tropey/overplayed?

yes
but do it anyways because that's what most people want when they're playing

Don't we all?

Attached: image.png (332x331, 235K)

>muffins
Put a 'cg' in there and it's fine

I want to go Circle of the Moon Druid for TYP campaign, any ideas on race? I rolled my stats

16, 11, 13, 8, 11, 11

We are starting at lvl 1.

Attached: 81d75f64a1e635f32da2f353457c15ba.png (488x481, 503K)

What do you want when you play?

re-roll that garbage and make an actual character.

Familiars cannot attack per the familiar spell, a chain pact warlock can make them attack only via using his action. So unless you diped fighter for action surge.

familiars make better scouts too

and animate dead is better for "disarming" traps

bards are better for deception and diplomacy thanks to expertise + spells

a druid with wildshape and pass without trace is better at stealth and infiltration

rogues are for bullying only

Unaided? 37 at max level.

I'm working on a backstory for a character in a new campaign.

Does anyone know of any wars in the Forgotten Realms that were fought between three armies at once?

I want to make my character a knight who fought on all three sides of the war at separate times to maximize his profit, and now lives with regret from all the people that died in the conflict.

Or maybe I should just make up my own three-way war and set it in a seldom-used corner of Faerun...

screw that I want some magical muffins in my game.

You serious? lol. My DM is not allowing rerolls.

Attached: 2.png (151x188, 9K)

you can maybe... idk make sure you die asap , pick fighter, play as a goliath or something, it might work.

Hill Dorf. You're a moon druid so stats outside of Con and to a lesser extent Wis really don't matter since you'll be a bear or a T-rex more encounters than not.

Should I just roll a class that I just dont want to play then? lol because one of the penalties for dying in his campaign is not being able to play that class anymore.

That makes sense actually.

no offence but your DM sounds like a OCD cunt.

yeah play a class and shit you hate so you have a chance to reroll , or take the hill dorf suggestion if you think you'll survive

dont worry about it, you are playing a moon druid, your stats dont matter.

If you're in control of personality traits and background, just make him suicidal and make him kill himself right after you get control of the character.

Don't listen to the guy telling you to reroll, your stats are fine. He's just a powergamer.

>play a class you hate
I don't understand how this has ever been good advice. His stats are fine, you're literally just dooming him to not having fun for no reason.

The resurrection spell says it can't be used on undead. Can i assume that means only the CURRENTLY undead and if you kill the undead to redead it it can now be revived? Could you resurrect a lich who's body and phylactery was destroyed?

I mean are those stats set or can you arrange them however you want (can 16 go into CON or is it stuck in STR?) If it's stuck as is then shit, well just focus on buffs and goodberry for spells and whack some dorks with your stick whenever you're not in beast mode. Remember, you're still a druid and have a lot of spells that don't need a particularly high wis to work or help out your team. If you run out of shape changes then try to just hang back and be ready to help flank to give advantage or defend another spellcaster, the stats really aren't horrible considering how stat independent a Moon Druid is.

>11 WIS for a druid
Yeah, no, the character is garbage.

No, his stats are exactly 70 total, literally the bottom of averages rolling 4d6 drop the lowest 6 times

None taken.
Here are the rules he made for the campaign. Though thanks with the help of the forum, got the Brute archetype back into play, so Doomguy build is a go!

"General Rules for Yawning Portal (possibly more to come)

•If I character dies and is not able to be resurrected by any means, a backup character can be subbed in at the end of combat or after 5 minutes of in game time.
•When a character is permanently dead, so is the class(es) tied to that character for the player who's character died. I.e. if one player's rogue dies, other players are still able to play a rogue.
•Multiclassing is allowed but you are unable to use any class lost as either the primary or secondary class in the multiclass
•If playing Ranger, use the Unearthed Arcana version of the revised Ranger
•The Fighter subclass, Brute, is off limits due to being deemed overpowered by WotC
•Before a character can be played, a copy of the character sheet needs to be submitted.

Today at 9:17 PM
•redacted; Brute rule"

True true.

Lah-mao.

Ah that makes sense. I never played Druid before, usually play fighters/barbs/clerics. So I wasnt sure.

Nah I can rearrange them. And ah that makes sense, thanks for the advice!

Attached: ohh.jpg (500x472, 25K)

>Can i assume
You certainly can, but you'd be retarded for doing so.

Who the hell needs WIS when you can just use up your spell slots on buffs and you're a fucking bear most of the day?

My Fighter has 20 Strength. Should I spend an ASI on Mobile, Sentinel, Tough, Resiliency (Dex)/(Wis), or an ASI in Dex or Con (10 and 16, respectively)?

>Can rearrange them
Yeah, so 16 CON and 13 in WIS and a Hill Dorf will give you 18 CON and 14 WIS which are pretty decent stats, allocate the rest as you see fit but you can dump INT and CHA.