MTG Dominaria Story

We've finally come to the point.
Which Jhoira is superior?

Attached: Same waifu.png (1600x630, 2.16M)

the one on the left has a prettier face.

Left is objectively superior, I would venture even better than the original art

>what ethnicity should we make her?
>,,,I don't know, just make her sorta not-white.
>Black? Hispanic? Asian?
>Look, just make her white, but then, make her not-so-white, okay? For fuck's sake.

Jhoira isn`t a planeswalker, right? So she ages normally? Because Jhoira on the left looks slightly older than Jhoira on the right.

I just asked my girlfriend to compare them and she preferred the right.
>She looks like a man, but the one on the left has Simpsons skin

Attached: 1519571143306.gif (296x262, 762K)

How did a white girl turn transcolor?

Not even on a /pol/ meme spree right now I'm actually asking is there a reason her skin is ambiguously darker aside from the artist determining such?

Attached: 1521000401839.jpg (640x412, 101K)

The one on the right looks like a true Khaladeshi and not whitey Chandra.

>fantasy setting
>has to follow earth races for humans
why?

It`s the lighting. She`s clearly around a open sky.

she drank slow-time water from tolaria, her aging process has been drastically slowed. she's looked largely the same for hundreds of years even before teferi phased out her and a big chunk of shiv.

she looks kind of spanish on the left, though the color of her skin is kind of obscured from the lighting

>when you're so butthurt you can't even understand what kind of racism you're going for

But the things that happened in time spiral and such are also hundreds of years old in the current timeline, right?

Why are you upset, user? Are you just vaguely trying to get upset?

the pic on the right above seems the outlier. her original art and the one on the left both have a yellow-orange tint to her skin whereas the right above has a ruddy brown tint. it's most likely due to three separate artists portraying a tan-skinned woman and nothing more. ghitu are consistently portrayed as a bronze-skinned people.

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 33K)

Problemo?

I would like to roll around with and climb all over the one on the left. The one on the right looks like her crazy coked up sister we don't talk about.

Where did the left art come from?

She wasn't white in the first place

What are you doing in the lore thread

Dominaria Story article. It feels good that Wizards is pandering to me now.

Your girlfriend is retarded.

t. homo

Attached: 1520833920633.jpg (200x200, 15K)

>Fantasy-world humans must adhere to the same racial phenotytpes as real-world humans
Are you for real?

Hey I didn't say her titties are retarded. Keep banging the slow girl on the fry-o-later.

>fry-o-later.
How thicc are you that you use fry-o-later as slang? I like American boys

I'm wondering why they don't have clearer guidelines for their characters' appearances, to the point where characters go through so many disparate interpretations they look like bad cosplayers imitating each other rather than an actual person.
Defining ethnicity may not be paramount, but at least have it so that the character could potentially be related to themselves.

Dave Attel ref in 2018, my fukken hero

The one on the left looks like Carla Gugino so she gets my vote

You are right in Teferi's case, they turned him from strong wakandan african zulu man to eddie murphy

However Jhoira is still recognizable as a tan woman however coked up she may look due to artistic license.

Attached: d5r2c35q59h01.png (793x495, 917K)

Hasn't Teferi been aging normally since Time Spiral?

Never thought I'd see so many virgins in one thread wanting to fuck the offspring of Lisa Ann and a red onion better that than she's tan though am I right?...

Attached: 6ul33VTT4n.jpg (1920x1120, 507K)

Yes, but aging doesnt change the bone structute of his face. Pic related, it's him pre 2018.

You're not going to tell me that the person here is the same guy as the one on Dominaria booster packs except younger.

Attached: Teferi-Temporal-Archmage-MtG-Art.png (1125x1534, 2.12M)

Man he looks baller in that art

>women
>preferring other uglier women
yeah sounds about right.

the one on the right looks like she's been up for two or three days coked up trying to pull some navigational fuckery. Left looks like her makeup is a kind of odd shade but otherwise pretty cute.

>different artists would never depict a character differently
none of teferi's depictions have the same face, and this isn't even going into depictions of him that aren't his own card. they gave him hair, they didn't adulterate his being.

Attached: Same guy.png (620x450, 361K)

Look, at one point in his life he looked like Mace Windu. Let's just agree that either it's artist's differences or he's a shapeshifter.

>Turning my whitefu into brown and then yellow
I don't give a fuck about all my cards wrapping around themselves and turning into toilet-roll tubes. I have to make a stand for my pride. And my girls. I have to protect them.

Attached: 1521684906876.png (306x164, 83K)

Jhoria is ayrian, which is a middle eastern appearance.

She's a native AMERICAN. Some of us are actually proud of our heritage.

All of those had consistent East African facial features.
They just turned him into a dude from the hood with the latest expansion. Not even the hair, mind you. Check the shape of the nose and mouth.

I'm sure they did all this to have another character african american players could identify with rather than some random zulu.

So its ok when they do it to Teferi but not Jhoira?

That IS what the Ghitu are. The novels just called them "bronze skinned" without giving much more description.

THEY'RE SUPER STUPID KEKS
THEIR PRODUCTS FUCKIN' SUCK
THEY'RE WIZARDS
THEY'RE WIZARDS OF THE COAST COAST COAST COAST COAST

>consistent facial features
look, dude, I don't know why you're so insistent about this, but you're full of crap. he has looked like every kind of black man on earth over the course of his existence.

Attached: some reddit chart.png (1892x476, 1.14M)

Americans have NOTHING to do with the card stock issue and you acting like that is belittling to us all.
I kinda look like the bottom left Teferi desu. Weird.

No because the Jhoira on the right looked ugly as sin.

>bronze skinned in books
>somehow shes a redman
How was public school goy?

>comparing stylized exaggerations of his face with realistic depictions and calling them different
Sure kid. Btw buy maro's packs while you're defending jotc!!!!

Attached: MarkRoseWaterThumb.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Attached: nicetrycuck.png (226x195, 130K)

God, that fourth version of him could double as Judge Dread with that chin.

Your second chart groups the faces that you called inconsistent together in the same group you retard.

the second group on the same chart look nothing like each other either, you retard. that's some redditor's chronicle of teferi's lifetime, it just conveniently had multiple drastically different depictions of him.
>confiscate's art is highly stylized
>stylized art of a distinct character doesn't need to actually look like that character
so you just want to be mad then?

I've never seen that art for Teferi before. Source?

>How was public school goy?
The American Education system is a lot better than the Europoor one.

>implying a child looks the same as an adult
Are you that retarded or just being obtuse? The second group obviously is exaggerating the facial features found in the third.
I'm talking about the differences between groups 2/3 and Teferi in Dominaria. Here's a handy comparison of the East vs West African facial features.

Attached: TUPAC VS BIG.jpg (450x253, 43K)

are you having a stroke?

Attached: 29386497_1864339120251829_726595702116843520_n.png (636x490, 323K)

Thread about which woman is hotter and these brainlets make it all about a black dude, good job cucks.

Attached: thisthread.jpg (312x445, 68K)

Wow. Right side Jhoira seems to be aging great. Especially for someone who claims to know zil illusion or organic transmutations.

Must have artificer'd up some killer skin cream.

beliebing races are based on phenotypical differences

holy fuck have you retards never heard of lighting. It's like you think that your skin exudes glowing white light even while you jerk it in the dark

You do know we have private schools in America right?

No, I exude glowing white light when I finish jerking it.

Jesus first one is such ba fucking nerd

I usually love Magali Villeneuve's work in general, but the tier list here is Brad Rigney > Kev Walker > Magali.

>Lighting
>Even the skin exposed to the direct light still shows a much different skin shade than the original artworks

Attached: BOI.jpg (618x645, 91K)

Actually not. The events of Time Spiral occurred 4505 AR, while Kaladesh block occurred around 4565 AR, give or take a few years (Dominarian years are 420 days long by the way). The Mending happened pretty recently all things considered, and also human lifespans in Magic are generally longer than most to begin with so it's a relatively shorter amount of time for them.

That in mind, I don't think anyone really knows what Jhoira did for most of her 1200 years on Dominaria.

>I don't think anyone really knows what Jhoira did for most of her 1200 years on Dominaria.
a good portion of it was spent running the thran mana rig on shiv, and probably building several of the weapons used in the invasion by Urza and co.

also being BLACKED by Teferi according to the novels.

I'm poretty sure he had a crush on her in school, but it never worked out and they were just colleagues once he grew up and became a planeswalker and etc. if they were a thing there's no reason she would've gotten all cushy with jodah during time spiral.

they fell out in planar chaos cuz teferi was being a dick

The Teferi thing actually pisses me off because it's legitimately racist, there's huge genetic and cultural diversity between a Kenyan and a Nigerian, but WotC apparently just thinks "black" is totally interchangeable. Jamuraa has always been fantasy-East Africa, not just Fantasy All Of Africa.

Making Teferi suddenly west-African makes exactly as much sense as making Narset west-African.

>I'm wondering why they don't have clearer guidelines for their characters'
Because creating and maintaining those take a lot of work and is rarely worth it and also runs the risk of infringing on the individual artist's style. See, if I commission Mark Tedin to paint Teferi, I want Mark Tedin's rendition of Teferi. I don't want Mark Tedin to attempt to paint like Matt Cavotta, for example. So it's considered enough if you can tell that it's supposed to be same character even if the styles they are painted in are widely different.