/edhg/ - Elder Dragon Highlander/ Commander General

Brawl 2.0 Edition

Previous Thread: →

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
Brawl rules have been leaked:
Standard legal cards
60 card singleton
Multiplayer
Any Legendary Creature OR Planeswalker can be your commander
30 starting life

Thoughts?

Attached: brawl.jpg (223x310, 30K)

>Standard legal cards
It's gonna suck; standard is a dumpster fire.

Attached: 1498711734036.png (309x212, 159K)

>Thoughts?
it's not edh. so i don't really care.

>Thread Question
variant specific cards were a mistake

>
here is an alternate option. some guy was asking about eternalize tokens so i made these. the guy is probably dead by now but maybe somebody will use em.

>standard only
>60 card singleton
>Planeswalker
Haha, no.

I hope brawl becomes a thing and they start printing more multiplayer cards, but not commander zone cards.

>Thread Question
Sounds awful.

what partner pair should I use for a 4 color sans white etb, ltb/death matters deck?

oops that version has some weird pixels
>posting an updated version of something nobody cares about
you're welcome please don't be mad i like making things

Attached: eternal3.jpg (1550x2159, 3.94M)

Ikra Shidiqi and... someone

is it meant to go under the card, or be transparent and give a marble effect to the card under it?

I imagine cut out the center and put it over the card.

scarab god or inalia? Both seem to have rather fun things available to them, and also quite resilient.

That seems like a waste.

nah, no gracias. I prefer good ole EDH

>Standard legal cards
>Any Legendary Creature OR Planeswalker can be your commander

So basically barely any differences in deckbuilding because of the limited amount of cards in standard?

yuck.

Reyhan, and any of the izzet partners, doesn't matter.

I'd go redless, so Tymna-Thrasios, I think.

it slides under the card with the text boxes sticking out from the bottom. sort of the reverse of how most people stack auras and equipment.

>Brawl rules have been leaked:
>Standard legal cards
>60 card singleton
>Multiplayer
>30 starting life

Attached: eaa[1].jpg (621x621, 69K)

>standard legal

This kills my interest already. Nothing else about it matters.

>Thoughts?
Same as last thread, standard only makes it automatic trash. Rotating formats are cancer.

>Rotating formats are cancer
than what is ygo?

>standard legal commander
>only one or two good legends at any given time in a standard rotation
>format is solved as a 2 deck format within weeks of every rotation

cancer?

any dom legends jumping out to you? i'm drawn to this dude for his deck building constraints, cost/colors, and straight forward game winning ability. i generally always like commanders which impose deck composition restrictions.

>most red/green kicker cards are trash
okay well i assume there will be some good ones in the set

Attached: hallarthefirefletcher.jpg (265x370, 42K)

put in ramp grunn damage doublers souns fun

pure cancer

I don't think I am going to play that, but I think it's a nice change compared to normal standard.

Unlike most of the rest of the thread I'm cautiously optimistic. Although I'm a more competitive player and am kind of getting tired of playing singleton vintage.

mite b cool

Radha
Teshar
Naban
Evra
Beizenlok
Torgar

All have some potential, but not really all that exciting.

The rest are shit.

The problem is that your commander will be based on kicker cards, which are almost all:

>normal cost: meh effect
>or
>kicked overcosted: decent effect

>Thoughts? [on Brawl]
Sounds better than Standard, but not as worthwhile as EDH. Rotation's a bitch but If there's sanctioned events and a scene, I could see test driving a commander in Brawl and then transition them into EDH if they're fun.

So my nim deathmantle is a creature. It can return itself if it dies correct? I think it can because if nim deathmantle and a creature both die at the same time it can still return even though nim deathmantle wont attach (Because nim in graveyard).

>standard legal pws

are they really that bad?

Also

>Commander
>Only five planeswalkers can be commanders, for little real distinction aside from "we put text on it that said so". They can still be targeted, damaged, and removed
>dies to Negate

>Brawl
>Maybe we can extend this to any standard legal planeswalker,

Of all the things wrong with Brawl, I fail to see why including "Standard legal Planeswalkers" is worse.

1/1/2011: Nim Deathmantle's second ability may return a card it can't equip to the battlefield. For example, if a nontoken artifact that's become a creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, Nim Deathmantle's second ability triggers. If you pay {4} as it resolves, you'll return that card to the battlefield. However, Nim Deathmantle can't equip it, so Nim Deathmantle remains attached to whatever it was already equipping (or, if it was unattached, it remains so). The same is true if a nontoken creature with protection from artifacts is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, for example.

So it brings itself back, but it cant attach to itself. Nice

what makes you say redless over whiteless?

It doesn't matter if they're overpowered or not. I'm sick of planeswalkers becoming more and more a part of the game. This kind of thing is what we were afraid of when planeswalkers were first made.

I hope it's successful so Wizards takes control of regular EDH and we get 30 starting life, 60 card libraries and Planeswalker commanders.

I'd be down to play an old version of Brawl where it was Time Spiral/Lorwyn or Kamigawa/Ravnica Standard.

should I add Skullclamp to my Sidisi Brood Tyrant deck?

why wouldn't you

Good option for some card draw as long as you have some way to kill your creatures and don't already have tons of draw spells.

>Planeswalkers are bad and dumb and poopy because I said so

Attached: dude6-main.jpg (800x800, 102K)

I say so too. Jaya Ballard was the best implementation of a walker.

>>Thread Question
>Brawl rules have been leaked:
>Standard legal cards
>60 card singleton
>Multiplayer
>30 starting life
>Thoughts?

THE TIME HAS COME

Attached: TEZZERET.jpg (765x1045, 160K)

>Planeswalkers can be your commander.
Don't mind if I do.

Also calling it now. Pirate Granny, The Scarab God, Shanna, and Tezzeret are gonna dominate Brawl for the first month or so.

Attached: Image (4).png (223x311, 133K)

Slimefoot is going to be a monster. Like Ghave-lite with a built in win-con.

The only thing that would be positive about WotC commandeering commander is making hybrid work the way it was meant to be used, so I can use that Jeskai mythic that gives my stuff lifelink in the new Boros commander deck.

>Tezzeret

Which Tezzeret?

Master of Metal, can Gary your ass up as soon as it resolves.
Schemer gives late game value.

Attached: 1486275433766.jpg (853x480, 59K)

What if the Commander 2018 decks are all brawl decks?

Attached: 28685510_1028164693997712_2820586455863132160_o.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

They're "upping the power level of the 2018 decks" so they can raise their price in an attempt to drive people away from a format fueled by the secondary market to a format fueled by pack sales.

nah it's going to be 4c planeswalkers with eminence

I would unironically stop buying any sealed product unless standard was urzas or kamigawa block 2.0

Need black/red/blue cards like this for kess lads.

Attached: Hordeling outburst.jpg (200x285, 26K)

Normally overcosted yes, but that's what ramp is for, and being Gruul ought to make that fairly easy.

This was posted last thread.
I say do it. They don't have the balls to sabotage their best and most popular product line.

Attached: 1483495245021.png (473x489, 511K)

Or fixing the retarded banlist. Even just copying the MODO one would be a vast improvement.

It was posted quite at the end.
So I brought it back up :^)

Attached: 1519256218641.jpg (790x790, 113K)

I feel like playing 3c pirates will be kind of bad when you only have access to like 8 nonbasic lands in your deck

my money is on mono-red etali, probably hide him within the 59 though, haste enable on t6 and then you kind of just win the game

Is there a more interesting build for her than just Cheerios Storm?

It's a shame. She's powerful and all, but seriously linear. I imagine she'll be played a lot in the 99 if nothing else.

Attached: Jhoira%2C+Weatherlight+Captain+%5BDOM%5D.jpg (223x311, 80K)

Oh fuck, I didn't even consider the manabase issue this will have. Jesus, that's just sad.

Legend storm.

Alternatively, stax. Most stax pieces are artifacts, and she'll help you regain card advantage in a big way.

Any creature card can be a commander.

More or less fun?

Good because I can finally stop arguing with autists about playing my Tamanoa deck.

Attached: Image (5).jpg (223x310, 32K)

>Thread question
>Planeswalker can be your commander
That's pretty much all anyone is going to play. From the houserule games I've seen where a non commander planeswalker is the commander it stomps.

Guess I'll stick with GB vraska

Really? In my experience planeswalkers are worse in multiplayer because there's 3x as many players with dudes to swing at them, and why would you hit someone at 20+ life for a few damage when you could hit their walker with ~4 counters on it.

I dont have many 1/1s and I only run around 5
sac outlets. I know zombies will die eventually but Id rather draw cards when I need to instead of having to set it up.

>and don't already have tons of draw spells

whats a good number? i run around 9 already. i dont know if thats good enough or too much because ill be recurring stuff from the yards all the time

>rules specifically point out that only legendary creatures can be your commander
>calls other people autists for preferring to stick to the rules

wew lad. if anyones an autist its toi

Obviously there are good PWs to have in the command zone but are there any besides Teferi which are undoubtedly tier 1?

The main problem is that they're more fragile the more players there are in a game. Teferi works because most of the time when he resolves you're comboing off for the win anyway, and nobody's gonna be able to do anything about it on your turn due to your stax pieces.

Yes. They're the autists.

Attached: Katz.jpg (273x184, 11K)

>brawl
so what exactly is going to prevent the the scarab god from dominating this format as hard as it does regular standard? the return to hand clause just instantly makes him S tier and I don't really see any other legendaries coming close

Anything more than 2 colors will be unplayable because lands suck dick in standard and it's singleton. Mono colored decks will dominate.

Here are some okay multicolor enablers in Brawl to get started:
>Cultivator's Caravan
>Manalith
>Field of Ruin
>Renegade Map
>Traveler's Amulet
>Thaumatic Compass
And depending on your deck:
>Typical green dorks and tutors
>Mox Amber for low CMC commanders
>Cascading Cataracts for your sick Jodah plays
>Pyramid of the Pantheon if you like memes
>Aether Hub for energystuff
>Spire of Industry for artifactstuff...maybe.
>Other Ixalan flipcards

Anything notable I'm missing?

>Pillar of Origins
>Mirage Mirror
>Prophetic Prism

Best IXL flips are probably
>Dowsing Dagger
>Treasure Map

Treasure map isn't good for colored mana unless you're desperate but I think it will be an auto-include for basically every deck since it scrys, draws cards, and ramps you

White has TONS of O-ring and pacifism effects to keep it in check. Ixalan's Binding is a silver bullet if it resolves, and their only outs are a handful of bounce effects.
Blue has a fair number of counterspells and it's pretty obvious when they're gonna want to cast him. Also River's Rebuke fucks up their tokens and Commit is a kill spell.
Black has Vraska's Contempt and Hour of Glory.
Red has HoD and Puncturing Blow. Again, not too great.
Green ain't really got shit.
Also Hostage Taker isn't a bad counterplay if you're in a mirror match.

But yeah, despite all that, TSG will utterly warp the Brawl meta if he isn't banned from the outset. It just takes way too much effort in this standard environment to deal with him compared to the five mana your opponent spends casting him. I fully expect a standard banning after Dominaria releases.

What commander will best take me to VALUETOWN? I'm talking card draw, ramp, removal and recursion. Looking to take a break from tutorable instant game-ending combos. Considering Tasigur at the moment.

Meren is premier Valuetown USA material and always will be. Tasigur is also pretty good.

>I fully expect a standard banning after Dominaria releases.
yeah thats definitely not happening

adding on to TSG with respect to brawl; no access to red means a resolved silent gravestone or sorcerous spyglass will basically leave them topdecking for a commit

>agent of bolas a reanimated terasrodon
>draw 9+1 from grim haruspex
>sac agent of bolas to ashnod's alter, float 2 and draw 1
>victimize, bring back terasrodon and the agent
>blow up 3 more things, sac again and draw another 9+1
>sac to cast thought vessel, draw another 1
Shit gets fucking retarded.

Forgot my pic

Won't I get focused from the start? I don't really fancy commanders that force you to build good decks to stay alive

Attached: 198.jpg (312x445, 70K)

She's pretty good looking for a twelve hundred years old.

Attached: 1521681676983-tg.jpg (1280x720, 275K)

>tfw smuggler won't be banned in brawl

Attached: smugglerscopter.full.jpg (240x345, 92K)

Do you intend to play with retards that ignore all the VALUE you plan on accruing?

They have value of their own, the main thing people are afraid of are hard lock and instant wins

Attached: 20180322_093322.png (1920x1080, 2M)

Something about her pose makes me want her to push me between her legs and eat her out.

I dont think Meren accomplishes either of those well.

does the term "standard-legal" not exclude cards banned in standard?

We will know in about seven hours, but it's likely they would have separate banlists.

I want to build this slimyboy come Dominaria so I can use all my pretty foil saproling tokens. I've never played GB nor any sacrifice-based decks, were do I start with the brewing?

Attached: dom-XSLIME-slimefoot-the-stowaway.jpg (672x936, 124K)

Necrogenesis
Golgari Germination
Mycoloth
Tendershoot Dryad
Life and Limb (at your own risk)
Verdant Force
Doubling Season
Parallel Lives
Fungal Sprouting
Sprout Swarm

She's built like a fridge. Fuck new era magic art

if anyone says they wouldn't they are 100% soy

Is greater good worth the $ in yasova?
New to commander and it's Abit pricy (Kiwi soyboy here, so it's 20$ in kiwi coins)
Also, anyone here play her, have any tips or secret spice?

You can call me Teffy the escape artist. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Hey anons, I have a skeleton tribal deck with Athreos at the helm, and it is my pet deck. Sadly my small playgroup slowly hot good enpugh that skeletons can't quite crush them anymore but they are quitting magic anyway. I have been looking at all the other awesome stuff Athreos could do if my deck wasn't built around being spooky scary. Do I take apart my baby and build something new, or hold onto my janky dumpster-fire of love?