Weeb TCG General

Previously...

In an unexpected turn of events, FOW decides to sell Japan-exclusive Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku set OVERSEAS.

Thread question: What kinds of sleeves do you use? There are lots of kawaii desu ne~~~ sleeves sold at amiami and other stores with art of your favorite characters and waifus! Along with matching playmats and deck boxes.

Attached: WEEB TCG HEADER.png (1156x1161, 2.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.caster-chronicle-tcg.com/product/magical_girl
icv2.com/articles/news/view/39970/dragon-ball-super-card-game-summer-releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>In an unexpected turn of events, FOW decides to sell Japan-exclusive Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku set OVERSEAS.
I don't play Casters but that's cool. I didn't expect them to, but it's a good thing because it doesn't split the game into two different formats depending on where you live, like YGO does.

Still makes me sad we don't get a proper Vingolf in FoW this year, be it a collab or not.

Got my "My will, My Game" Cheshire Cats today. Thank you FoW co.

>In an unexpected turn of events, FOW decides to sell Japan-exclusive Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku set OVERSEAS.
Couldn't find this on their site, is it TCC-side or is it actually a FoW release?

TCC

Attached: 16002813_1225920584122546_6552598698419110452_n.jpg (480x559, 26K)

> What kinds of sleeves do you use?
Only the best.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (368x500, 47K)

Actually, given that I rarely buy more than starters for most weeb tcgs I own, I usually just go with transparent sleeves so you can see the card backs (dragonshield or ultrapro, depending on how cheap I feel). Putting anime sleeves on mtg decks is about as close as I can get to playing weeb tcgs where I live. I'm almost tempted to get into pokemon, for the sole reason that its scene here is a bunch of university-age guys with a sea of Love Live sleeves (and similar).

Attached: IMG_2579.jpg (1917x1314, 640K)

Cute Bikki.

In light of Bandai not going to say shit about any new DBS rulings until San Jose ARG Regionals how is everyone surviving the extended winter of freezer?

I use sleeves relevant to ehg ame im playing and whatever deck im using. In this case its been this since last year because of it's sick ass art

Attached: Sleeve268.png (244x350, 244K)

Just the standard double sleeving with KMC Hyper Mat (before they went to shit anyways) and KMC Perfect Fit since I never liked playing with clear oversleeves

>Deck boxes

Despite I used Bushiroad Deck Holders before, I always feel that they are kinda flimsy which is why I'm using Boulders

It is TCC, but it seems that they are not going to bother to translate the set at all according to the English site

en.caster-chronicle-tcg.com/product/magical_girl

Looking at the way Bandai is handling DBS it reeks a pump and dump game despite they claim there will be more sets

Attached: 152-001.jpg (1024x768, 477K)

I have seriously considered buying waifu sleeves on a few occasions, but too often it's a pain in the ass to get ones of characters I'd actually want. Besides, I prefer the feel of matte sleeves to glossy so I think I'll stick with plain matte Ultrapro sleeves.

Playmats, though. Sooner or letter I should get one of those with, if not my waifu, then at least one of the girls I like that actually gets merch. FGO has had so goddamn much merch that sooner or later there should be a Saber Alter playmat I like. The 2016 swimsuit Servants are getting playmats, or at least some of them did, so chances are she'll get one if and when they do the 2017 swimsuits.

>Looking at the way Bandai is handling DBS it reeks a pump and dump game despite they claim there will be more sets
Why would they pump and dump when they can continue printing more money?

You can actually get matte oversleeves (and playing waifu sleeves without oversleeves is generally a bad idea). Biggest thing with waifu sleeves, though, is to make sure you're playing a deck that requires minimal shuffling during the game. I once played a modern mtg deck with fetchlands while it was double sleeved, and it was agony.

there are 5 sets in moonland based on the Cardass version of the game before they killed it. For the burger version to last beyond 2018 they would need to make burger exclusive cards. The Panini reboot a few years back died within a year because the game went to shit and a new series got popular. SOUND? FUCKING? FAMILIAR?

I don't use waifu sleeves because my waifu isn't on them and they're always bad quality, hell any character sleeve is, it's a weird plastic thing and I hate it. I use KMC/Dragon Shield mattes instead.

I am tempted to do this though just with transparent mattes, because I love the card backs for FoW and TCC. Probably would use normal stuff for DBS or something.

Man I wonder if the people who play it at my LGS are ready for the shock and hopefully go back to FoW those fucking assholes. They'd probably just go back to MtG though, fuck.

>For the burger version to last beyond 2018 they would need to make burger exclusive cards.
Naruto CCG did this and lasted for like 20+ sets.

>Naruto CCG

Wasn't that game along with some others in the mid/late-2000s share the same system or something?

I made poor choices in life and bought an expensive weeb card.
It's pretty tho..

Attached: IMG_20180322_142248.jpg (4128x3096, 2.85M)

Because I could do it for less than $40 and I've always had an interest in Genesis back when it came out (Big soulcharging and blowing big chunks of it on effects was fun), I ordered everything I'd need for a Regalia deck.

Sure, it doesn't stand up in the meta, but my friends keep other decks on hand for shit we just enjoy.

Any decks for others here like that? Ain't topping, but you're having a good time. Also doesn't have to be CFV.

Attached: RegaliaMinervaS.png (680x1000, 1.24M)

Are you that guy who posted his Scarlet decklist?

This is sort of more of a general TCG question but it's relevant to one of my Force of Will decks so I'll ask here anyway.

I'm double-sleeving a deck for the first time with Perfect Fits and these trapped air bubbles are driving me crazy. Short of sleeving in a vacuum chamber, what can I do about them?

Yessir I am.
It might be my main deck after rotation since it only has a few cards that need to be replaced.

See, now I have to use my uber Scarlet instead of selling it to fund the rest of the deck.

How much did it cost you?

There were only two up for sale on tcgplayer at 3am on the west coast, one was posted at I think 150$ and the one I bought was 125$.
You don't gotta make a Scarlet deck if you don't wish to. It might end up a more predictable deck after rotation due to a limited number of discard options once again depending on the next upcoming set if Null will be a one off thing like welser and that support was.

M-maybe the Time Spinning Witch will resurrect Welser and his army of Majin in the next set!

Hmm.. I dunno man..

Attached: c255583c-8ae8-44e1-b219-87c38441e466.png (300x419, 316K)

Hence "resurrect." As in bring back from the dead.

Still mad though, and I didn't even want to play Welser.

Ah my bad I thought you meant resurrect the deck with new support.
But I honestly wanted to play him since I pulled him in the really hard to pull new rulers set but the current stuff is midrange at best which maybe might see more play after a lot of stuff is rotated out of NF

Oh man that is a hard one. I try to smoothen out the PF first, make sure it's flat as a cutting board, then insert it into the overlaying sleeve. Then push out the air from the overlaid one.

I don't use perfect fits, but I am familiar with the frustrations of air pockets (I'm bikki-sleeve user). I'm not sure how well this will work with perfect fits, but what I do is I just make sure the deck box I leave the deck in is absolutely crammed, and then leave it like that at all times I'm not playing it. It's worked pretty well for the oversized/character sleeve combo, anyway.

Is Chaos TCG fun?

>I don't use perfect fits

never mind somehow didnt read
>oversized/character sleeve combo

tfw Ushiwakamaru is my waifu and she'll never get sleeves or playmats

Regalia is actually a really good deck. In my locals we rarely have any chaos so it does fine most of the time barring shiranui.

>For the burger version to last beyond 2018 they would need to make burger exclusive cards
The cards are already all burger exclusive, the game is completely different.

I don't know about pump-and-dump, but this is certainly getting ridiculous.

icv2.com/articles/news/view/39970/dragon-ball-super-card-game-summer-releases

What's the pull rate on Secrets and Specials? Special seems to be above Secret, so why is Secret 2 less?
Are they really going to announce bans/erratas during the week or day of the tourney?

If there are two things I love it's kill spells and discard spells. How shit is my deck? I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Attached: 65378134.jpg (600x944, 195K)

Specials are just alt-art supers.

Super Rare (SR) = 7 per box (7/24)
Special Rare (SPR, alt art SR) = 4 per case (4/288)
Secret Rare (SCR) = 1 per case (1/288)

I'm guessing Secrets are mainly the Leader/Ruler? Haven't played the game much so I don't know the terminology well. If so that's not too bad - it is expensive, but it's just one purchase.

Secret rares are big dumb cards that are only allowed as one-ofs. The first one, Vegito, is nearly unplayable and the new one, SSJ4 Goku, is playable but very win-more.

That seems sorta reasonable balance wise. Will probably be too powerful later on if they actually support the game and don't pump and dump it.
If it wasn't for that possibility and Freiza being Freiza then I would have definitely bought into it, but I'm guessing the starter decks are shit and it's all singles to buy right?

>the starter decks are shit
The second and third ones actually aren't bad, you can buy two of the same and mash them together for something halfway decent. You can build a deck with Pan leader and the only single above a couple dollars you'd need to buy is a set of Fearless Pans.

Well I'll see if I do buy in based on how Bandai supports this game, and if it's not just some PnD.
For now I will take a look at the cards at least, and try deckbuilding somehow. Thanks user.

*You can build a competitive deck with Pan leader etc.

What's the average cost of a deck for DBS?

The meta is still weird right now, it could be anywhere between $40 and $150.

Dark blade harvest could be a side deck card at best, dealing the life to your opponent of the cards attack is neat and all but a 3 cost and a counter to do that is a bit much even for later game (which right now ends up being turn 3/4 depending if you're not Lumia) and I stead could bump up SotNM to 4.
Discard cards are your friend, use and abuse them greatly before the good ones go. Vitality drain could be fine if you stall long enough, but it could take a seat for ether two more thought controls or you could run scorn of dark Alice for reso hate. If not Nameless Mist is your best friend, it gets green the hate it deserves toss those severing winds.
Dark night butterfly is decent only because you're running counters but only for that fact, but a 1 drop and two resource drop just to make your opponent drop 2 cards is a little risky biscuits imo right now, it's hand control for a reason you wanna control it.
For the rest I'm not to sure what to put for you but here's my shitty opinion.

>I don't know about pump-and-dump, but this is certainly getting ridiculous.
What do you mean by this? I don't understand. It looks like a solid schedule.

For a Bushiroad game maybe. This feels like a lot for a one-year old game, also considering we just had the new set and its bundle, draft box, special expansion set, two starters, a new tournament pack (two?), BCC promos and dash pack over the past three months.

It's a hell of a lot to chase down is what I'm saying, and the next three to five months aren't looking any easier.

the art that they use exists in another current game though. we knew a Piccolo leader art existed since Set 1 despite the fact they have yet to release one.

>Specials

1 SP every two boxes or so.

>Secret

1 per case i:e every 12 boxes. This is fixed and guaranteed if you buy sealed product. Also expect any announcements in two weeks during the next ARG event.

Back when I actually played FoW, I used ultra pro matte sleeves for the main deck, because the cards are cheap as fuck and there's no beating that shuffle feel, but fire emblem Camilla sleeves for the stone deck.

I have a rather high amount of sleeves and supplies that I won't ever use though. From Fire Emblem I have FKamui, Camilla, Tiki, and Altenna, two flavors of Cynthia sleeves from Pokemon, and some random witch girl that came with a Z/X deck box. I got a vanguard deck box of Luquier, previously mentioned Z/X box. For playmats I have Athena and that one dancer from Ancient Nights that's sideways for whatever reason for FoW, and a Cynthia playmat.
The Cynthia playmat is smaller than the rest and I didn't know that, it really annoys me. I know Vanguard mats are smaller than standard too. If they weren't, I'd have some of them too.

Attached: fire-emblem-cipher-card-sleeve-collection-camilla-no.fe15.jpg (600x600, 93K)

>What kinds of sleeves do you use?
Wait a month or two for all my orders/pre-orders to come in and I'll post a picture of all these fucking sleeves.

Please recommend obscure games so I can use them, I have oversleeves on standby.

What kind of obscure games?

My friends are huge DBZ fans and wanted me to get into the DBS TCG. I am not really a DBZ fan and don't care much for it but they are really cool people and our TCG weekends are super fun.

I used to like Gohan and Vegeta a lot back in the day, and while watching Super with them I liked Vados and Whis. Are there any competitive deck lists centered around those Leaders?

Crit Vegeta was one of the biggest meta decks before Set 3, and it's still good (even if it's less played) now.

Attached: blueVegetaAwaken.png (260x364, 72K)

I'm boring. I tend to avoid art sleeves unless I have a very solid very meaningful choice. For example, back when I played D-Robos, I had those in Daikaiser sleeves.

death to titty sleeves and the swine who use them

Thank you, I will look into it.

Taking one card from the life zone isn't the same as increasing HP right?

No; it basically means that you ping yourself 1 damage, he gets crit. You can self-awaken and you deny your opponent the ability to draw off of life. Pretty good.

Attached: 137502_200w.jpg (220x307, 36K)

You're closer to dying but gain hand advantage, which is crucial in this game

Okay got it, was just confused a bit on the wording.

>kawaii desu nee
>waifus
just stop user. youre trying too hard and sounding like an ironic weeb. ive got like 10+ custom playmats too because im autistic and dont like copyright trademarks and logos.

Attached: 20180323_174459~01.jpg (4803x2879, 3.78M)

I would get my waifu but shes too expensive, so I got the Purple Heart sleeve instead

Attached: file.png (1266x749, 133K)

can you remove the dead ones from this pic?

Anything. I'm looking at Precious Memories right now.

>death to titty sleeves and the swine who use them
>>>/tumblr/

>amazon
hahaahahahahahahaha

>youre trying too hard and sounding like an ironic weeb
How can you say that to anyone when you got nepshit?

I don't know anything about the gameplay but if I wanted to collect waifu cards I'd definitely go for Precious Memories over Weiss Schwartz.

I'm more interested in good mechanics and/or the deck+sideboard being 60/65 cards or less so I don't need to open 2 packs.

I've taken Scarlet too far.

Attached: IMG_20180323_152629.jpg (1280x768, 211K)

>not a daki image
Not far enough.

Need sleeves of her - the land deck can just be different art of her.

But matte'd card sleeves feel so nice.. I can't get a printing of Scarlet and have what feels right!
If you can find/make one I'll get a mat of it.

show your devotion feggit

Since she's a Cthulhu I'd personally go for something straight out of Lovecraft for her magic stone deck. Like an Elder Sign.

Where can I get some good custom sleeves made? Inked Gaming took theirs off when I searched just now.
Decent idea user. Might end up doing that instead.

matte oversleeves existant and you should be using them anyway with art sleeves

That is.. Very true I keep forgetting that's a thing.

Do I really need to be using different sleeves for my Stone deck? It feels odd.

Honestly I don't know, esp with Inked not doing them anymore. That's pretty gay.

Yes, and you get used to it. I think I understand why, so mishaps won't happen, but it is a bit blegh.

You don't HAVE to, but you can and it's useful for distinguishing them in your deck box.

Shit, guess I can at least just get a different character from the same series.

Still need the newer ones since they were bought before G-BT10 came out and I'll need the new Minerva sleeves too

>Buying from non-Japanese sites instead of using proxy services like Buyee

There's your problem right there

Attached: Need More Robutts.jpg (2000x1500, 3.31M)

Great taste

>Buyee
shit choice

If that is considered bad, then I'd actually like to know what are some better choices out there since I only used it once

Personally I just use AmiAmi, but I'm also looking for somewhere to get rarer sleeves. All I know is that I've heard a lot of bad shit about Buyee.

Two more weeks of Mecha Frieza? He really doesn't need the ability to reduce color costs.

you can counterplay him, prease understandu

I like those mechs. Nice taste.

whats the chepeast one thats not dead? I bought too many chracter sleeves.

I just use tenso

So is anyone doing anything fun or new with a deck in FoW here? Shill your decks try to anti-meta the meta!

>tfw still no deck
I'd like to try a WRB deck with Kirik though, because I love the colors - but RGB would be cool too.

>RGB Kirik build
Just making sure but I know the answer is obvious, black or blue?
If blue then wow I'd like to see this shit.
Also why no deck yet user?

Ah black, not blue.
>why no deck yet
because ded meta. Considering playing on Lackey more and more though, esp if there's good support. Same with untap.in