/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
Even pixelated the Vulture’s a badass, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2018-03-17 - Still getting worked on & now has 34199 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2018-02-28!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Attached: a3ae27c9586c2ef7b28db1277dd3e8f2795ea144.jpg (1192x1030, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghqmodels.com/pages/military/freestuff.asp
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/238471201633206272/425685873305321472/Protomech_Designer_v0.9.jar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Official /btg/RO design challenge:

We are looking for Glider Protomech designs for Clan Snow Raven. Designs must meet the following criteria:
>12 tons
>Must have at least 7/11 Glider MP

Designs with tech not currently used on canon protomechs are encouraged. Similarly, attempt to limit it to the base design and 0-1 variants unless you have a really good reason.

Submission requirements:
>Must be submitted in .txt file format with all construction data filled out (see pic for example). Megamek or record sheet files are appreciated, but are not required.
>Must have at least rudimentary fluff (state it's for, what it does)
>Must have your name included in the files supplied for the design
>Must have a description of how you want it to look. It can be as vauge as "small and blocky" or as detailed as "here's three examples of canon designs I'm taking from and a sketch of the end result"
>Ideally, give us a zipped folder with the format "Mechname_Tonnage(Creator name)" and all of the above inside

Submit to the /btg/RO Email listed on the Built for War blog.

Attached: Proto Format.png (757x562, 56K)

I thought that pixel art was animated?

>>Hey there /btg/ was wondering if any of you guys ran into battletech papercraft for terrain
(continued)

GHQ has a huge selection of free WWII and modern buildings in 6mm on one of their ass-end pages (see: ghqmodels.com/pages/military/freestuff.asp )

As far as vee counters, here's the stuff from Captain_06 (pixiv handle). You should also check out the booru in the OP, I believe most of the extant counters got uploaded there.

Attached: Capitan_06 Tank counters sheet 1.jpg (838x1200, 164K)

A convenient list tech not used on protos that can be legally mounted:
Angel ECM
Improved Heavy Medium Laser
Ultra ACs
Protomech AC 4 & 8
LBX-5
AMS
NARC
(non-quad) Protomech Melee System
MG array
Torpedoes
UMUs
ER, Heavy, and Vehicle Flamers
Watchdog CEWS
Vehicular Grenade Launcher
ER Pulse Laser
Streak LRMs
Recon Camera
Remote Sensor Disperser
Re Lasers
TSEMP
RISC Repeating TSEMP
RISC Viral Jammers

Protomech designer:
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/238471201633206272/425685873305321472/Protomech_Designer_v0.9.jar
For anyone trying to make protos for the design contest, here's the thing I've been using. It has a number of bugs and errors, like the inability to remove weapons after placing them and most weapons requiring the wrong number of heat sinks. It works at the basic level, though.

More tank counters

Attached: Capitan_06 Tank Counters sheet 2.jpg (838x1200, 181K)

>Hey, you wouldn't happen to know a good color guide (by paint company) for the Robotech minis, would you?
No, although Palladium put the hex values (but not Pantone, because they're fucking Palladium) into the rulebook. I'll dig around in a bit and see what I can come up with

>On the topic of robotech minis, if I were to get the box set does anyone know any ways I could kitbash the battlepods into something usable for battletech?
The promised Renegade Battlepod. This bashes the legs into the shoulders and uses spare Valkyrie arms to get something light Assault-sized. You could use a similar method to make an Ostscout for 1:144 if you were hard-up for some reason. I have another idea but I need to mock it up first.

Attached: 17903773_10211841542221619_3628814695487804555_n.jpg (785x534, 110K)

(cont)
Here's another, much sloppier Renegade Battlepod conversion. The boxed set comes with at least 3 spare sets of Valkyrie arms per sprue, which I think adds up to around 15 or 20 spares all-told.

If you can find one of the old pewter CAV conversion packs, they have some nice arms and guns to fiddle with.

I'm not sure how much you could cut-down the torso and still have the design look decent. If you sawed the eye off, flipped it so the "top" was facing forward, and re-installed the "eye" in the laser AMS slots it might be interesting

Attached: Malkie Hybrid podbashes.jpg (2048x1152, 314K)

something like this, plus a little cutting on the legs, would get it down to the size of a Reseen MAD II. Not ideal, but possibly usable as a Falconer or Nightstar alternative?
(apologies for the potato pic, it's late and I'm shooting this with the laptop's camera

Attached: KIMG0734.jpg (658x485, 79K)

>Humpty Dumpty's Revenge

That sounds good, I'll try it out on one when I have the time. At worst I have a dozen battlepods lying about if I ever feel like playing a Robotech scenario Would have to be some homebrew, given how the RPG rules are nearly unplayable

>Some of you Humans are all right. Don't come to Macross island tomorrow.

It's been a while. Didn't the Macross go into automatic mode and attack the Zentradi before they launched a single attack?
MACROSS DID ROBO9/11!

>Didn't the Macross go into automatic mode and attack the Zentradi before they launched a single attack?
The Zentraedi entered orbit in a hot combat pursuit, and had just launched the attack wave. The Macross's computer went "oh shit, enemy attack formation, crew is dead, time to LIGHT THIS FUCKING CANDLE". Then it did so.

Attached: OSR-9C_StatSheet.jpg (887x1023, 408K)

>hot combat pursuit
Is that what they call Flying While Green nowadays?

Crayon Stinger!

Attached: crayon_stinger_large.jpg (986x1280, 337K)

Holy fuck this general is a ghost town

No ghost, just phantom mechs.

Should I buy a plane for all purpose resupply and a VIP copter/plane for when my commander needs to do some face-to-face meetings with politicians or is that already part of the business expense every month?

Also, to the guy that suggested I buy a dropship and pay for it monthly: at 500k a month it's going to take us 80 years to pay. The space jews will still have us by the balls long after the founding members have died.

Shit, how long do people live in BT universe, is there life extension tech already?

You know DropShips can be bought for cheaper in worse condition, right?
The rules are in the old DropShips And JumpShips book

Boo!

Thanks user for all the vee tokens and the papercraft pdf

>a VIP copter/plane for when my commander needs to do some face-to-face meetings with politicians

No need for a VIP helo: the Ferret is able to carry 7 people and pull double duty as a recce unit. Besides, it looks warry, and politicians are known to be impressed by warry things.

The Karnov is a good utility compromise for resupply/dropping people out the back/long-range transfer style, no need to shell out for a Planetlifter or similar.

2sp00py4me

On one hand, it'd be nice if I just read up on this shit considering the OP gave every resource imaginable. On the other hand, I also want to bump the thread. Thanks.

hey /btg/ I'm playing megamek with a buddy tonight.
Kinda depressed just gonna be some quick lance on lance stuff.
What's a silly faction or group for say 8k bv? Just want a weird game to cheer me up.
Hopefully all of you are well.

>What's a silly faction or group

Pick two Clan mechs

Not a bad idea mix some clan stuff in.

For some reason I really am in the mood to bring a fire jav in as well.

a shadow cat primary and 2 cougar primary at a 3/4 or 4/4 come out to around 6 to 7 k BV, Im sure oyu could sneak 2 more units vee or BA it for a halfassed clan star, since I'm trying to recreate Mechwarrior 4 but on the tabletop and those initial mechs you get are nothing like microsofts re imagining for the Mechwarrior 4 franchise

Mortars seem like pure shit. Are they at least good for infantry support?

Cute. Did a little kid draw that, or someone just messing around?

>Cute. Did a little kid draw that, or someone just messing around?

I sketched it out for my son really quick. All we had to draw with was some plain white printer paper and a big tub of used, broken crayons.

Well ya did very good with what you had. Neat.

Attached: 1498432431741.png (600x600, 168K)

Question about mounting A-pods and B-pods on vees - do you have to put them on a specific facing, or can I put them on the body/turret?

Mackies.

Blitzkriegs.

5 Summoner Ds vs 5 Summoner Ds.

All dose anti-missile systems... and no missiles to anti...

Alright, 5 Stooping Hawk Cs vs 5 Stooping Hawk Cs.
No AMS this time, no more child's play.

Looking for a vee that using SRMs as its main armament but ist as over kill as the SRM carrier, any suggestions?

All dose Stooping HawkCs...
Nobody stooping over to pick up legos off the floor left by /co/ making lego battlemechs...
All dose feet stepping on legos...

Pegasus, the 3 x SRM6 version.

Do you think clan trueborn children have legos?

I thought clan elemental women's vaginas were make out of legos. It has to be as smooth...

I know it's next month, but do we have an exact date that Harebrain's Battletech game is coming out?

ANNIHILATOR MADNESS!!!

-1G Annihilator (4/5)
x3 GR + ERPPC

-2A Annihilator (4/5)
Quad LB10s, Quad MPLs

-Gausszilla Annihilator (4/5)
x5 GR

-4A Annihilator (4/6)
x2 HPPC, x2 LB10X

TOTAL: 7,964 BV2

Attached: IMG_20150729_205903.jpg (3200x2400, 2.06M)

From some amazingly funny and probably fun game ideas to... do clans have legos. I am already cheered up
I love you /btg/
I wish to share you one of the most amusing mega mek moments I have.

Attached: Mpod'd Crud.png (1280x800, 1.21M)

I approve

Attached: Steiner.png (160x224, 73K)

Your opponent had no idea what hit them. Truly magnificent to watch.

>those bases with the model numbers

Wait, you actually ran that lance? That's awesome.

Is it wrong I'm thinking of bringing a bug with TAG and the rest of my BV be in field guns?

By wrong I mean will this ruin a friendship?

Anyone else see this blatant ripoff?

Attached: talon-gama-01.jpg (800x800, 250K)

...Yes? What the fuck are you thinking? Just put a thumper on a Huchback and call it a day.

Also how would you guys stat hover mech rules?

The Drillson has a pretty nice streak variant, and a more run of the mill SRM variant. Strikers have both LRMs and SRMs.

I got two quick stories.
Tried a mission where I had a 3050 lance of Cruds going against a bunch of enemies. Enemies included at least one HUnchie and a 3050 P-hawk (it was the one with twin ERLLs and MPLs.) First turn: - one of the P-hawks nail one of the Cruds in the head with an ERLL and a MPL.
I was not happy. Yet, we still won even with only three mechs against so many. Odd day for Cruds.

Two: - Big battle. Had a Shad. Heading into a city. There is a tiny pool two-hexes big, one hex 2 levels deep, one hex 1 level deep. Shad tries to follow other mechs to the battlefront. Slides into the 2-level deep hex. It's completely worthless for the entire battle save like the last turn where it pew-pewd a little. Our side still won with the deficit.
I renamed the mech, "I helped!"

BATTLETECH! moments...
Pic from someone else.

Attached: f70259f0f5a760813d0a8c7526985e5239a42d03.jpg (691x880, 321K)

Thanks user, the striker will do nicely

Is the Albatross a good mech?

Solid heavy

It's a good heavy mech. Can't say much else about it though.

Why would you have a sword in the same arm as a weapon?

Attached: e35cc1dd3b82f9d50ed7a5cb6633b4be82dbd849.jpg (800x595, 102K)

So you can shoot while you shank some fools

It's a meme, it's kinda like a Zeus, in the way it's an assault that's a heavy.
The unique 5w is a damned good mech though.

It's a big fucking Orion. So, yes.

But I thought you couldn't use an arm weapon in the same turn as a sword / hatchet / club.

Attached: 35da209514ae98b1aa5a3322b29cb211e0d8293b.png (942x529, 53K)

Fist Fire SPA.

That is correct and you do it for turns out of range and because nothing is min maxed in canon.

Under rational thought, you'd simply sheath the sword and use the weapon unless it became impractical to do so (ran out of ammo, bad range, long reload,...), you'd pull out the sword and use the hand capable of operating it.

Why would you ever put point blank weapons in legs? For flavor of course!

The stock Albatross is actually pretty good. It's cheap and it brings a gun for every occasion to the table. It can round out any assault or heavy lance or lead a medium one.

Is there any actual point to wheeled vehicles? Hover goes fast, tracks let you be fat and go everywhere.

MWDA is 1:144, right?
I want to build Lego mechs to the same scale (because regular BT scale is just too small for the bricks to handle)

They're cheap and easy to make. Plus you get bonuses on roads that tanks don't get IIRC.

So you dont rip up the roads of the major city youre defending while not being an expensive and highly unreliable maintenance of a hover

>MWDA is 1:144, right?

Technically, 1:160. But anything 1:160 to 1:144 all blends together pretty well.

So there's no actual table benefit?

They're faster than tracks at the same weight. They're the midrage of speed and armor in combat V's.

>Thanks user for all the vee tokens and the papercraft pdf
Absolutely, it's a pleasure. There's also some generic stuff that FASA put out, but most people working with counters aren't too interested in vees.

The Scorpion (twin sixes), Harasser/Pegasus (fast SRM hovers), Hetzer (for all your thirty-tube ambush needs at only 600 BV), Goblin, and Maxim all have fairly competent SRM variants.
I like the twin-sixer Scorpion for cheap ambushing, you can stack two in a hex and it makes a decent bodyguard for Hunters and other irritants.

>do we have an exact date that Harebrain's Battletech game is coming out?
I don't think THEY have an exact date, user.

You sick fuck.
Also, >not taking the LAC-2 variant
I know, not the era, it's still a missed opportunity..

Probably using the WiGE rules, with Jets as its cruise and offering a flank option?

It's a solid heav-*is shot*

Attached: Quick Strike Counters 3.jpg (1691x2391, 1.76M)

there are a few 7-plate scale designs out there. Only works for some of the really iconic stuff.

Attached: Lego Dragon 7-plate.jpg (500x333, 95K)

Heh, during our game last week, we had a guy go out of his way to maneuver into kicking position on a badly-damaged Mech which he wanted to salvage (angled in such a way that he would guarantee a hit on the already-damaged leg)...and fired his Crusader's leg-mounted SRMs.

Then he got to the physical phase, declared the kick, and his target reminded him he'd fired the SRMs. I haven't seen a player look so gloriously crestfallen since our guy who insists on running nothing but Mechbrick formations came to the realization that the OPFOR had a full battery of artillery available to them once the rounds started landing on his formation.

Attached: Cicada.png (1080x558, 1.18M)

Cos it looks good.

Attached: il_340x270.1316115887_k8bu.jpg (340x270, 26K)

one of several takes on the MAD

Attached: 6923571186_9622279390_z.jpg (640x426, 147K)

Cause wheels are sexy.

Attached: 753px-6uas6lzfr515rw859recuwchlnz0o67[1].gif (753x599, 95K)

NEA, why did the Columbus Blue Jackets have problems filling out their Air Lance?

Archer body

Attached: 13270827093_f6688e2f47_b.jpg (1024x766, 194K)

The enemies from moments before just sitting down to have a beer together never fails to amuse me. I see them fist-bumping in the "I know how you feel" manner before breaking open the beers.

another MAD

Attached: 1332790251633.png (2700x1400, 1.15M)

That warms my heart to read.

What is Fist Fire SPA?

Attached: 7cfcfc435a4f992b2615d46004801a6d4f951767.jpg (737x1084, 273K)

That is a very happy looking dragon

saved, I was that user asking bout terrain and vee chits/standees. Going about bringing the plot and missions from one of my favorite vidya MW4 is alot harder than it sounds, but I can tell my group new to BT would love to beat up on vees

Attached: Uziel_Jacob.jpg (800x600, 54K)

Look, I know he's literally twice your size and does exactly what you do, only better.

But running isn't going to work. You're faster, but his ranged envelope just isn't going to run out before your rear armor does. You gotta turn and fight, and do it while he's still in the water. Tag him, and hope the pilotting penalty for depth one gets him down and lets the water in.

NOW MOVE!

Add another pair of bricks to arms.

I don't know. Why DID the Columbus Blue Jackets have problems filling out their Air Lance?

Make a 1-handed physical attack with an arm, fire a single arm-mounted weapon during the physical attack. IIRC, if the physical attack hits, the arm-mounted weapon auto-hits as well.

It's in ATOW, somewhere around page 224.

>I don't know. Why DID the Columbus Blue Jackets have problems filling out their Air Lance?
It's because not enough people play Aerotech so they couldn't get enough players to run the air lance for the longest time. Finally, they found a few oldfags who knew the rules and managed to get something together, but they'll forever be a second-rate air game. Shame really, the CBJ are pretty cool and deserve a better air game then they've got.

>I don't know. Why DID the Columbus Blue Jackets have problems filling out their Air Lance?

I actually meant the Numenorean Rangers, sorry, no joke intended.

That's not a very funny joke. You should try harder.

>Make a 1-handed physical attack with an arm, fire a single arm-mounted weapon during the physical attack. IIRC, if the physical attack hits, the arm-mounted weapon auto-hits as well.
>
>It's in ATOW, somewhere around page 224.

I didn't know that could be done. Fascinating. Thanks a bunch. Now to put an HPPC on an Axman and say hello to some old fronds...

Attached: c5993ae75db8d3975692ace22758c8546f422a4c.jpg (1600x1061, 426K)

You cheesy motherfucker.

Attached: bancheese.jpg (260x494, 26K)

My group has the kung fu wolverine pilot with both this skill and the melee master ability, so he can make 3 punches, one of which also delivers a large laser to the same location.

lolwut