We have a lot of RPGs with a liberal left-wing slant. Do we have right wing, conservative/libertarian themes RPGs?

We have a lot of RPGs with a liberal left-wing slant. Do we have right wing, conservative/libertarian themes RPGs?

Attached: ronpaul.jpg (800x531, 234K)

Why do you care? You don't play RPGs.

D&D 1e, where common sense and dictated that female characters had strength penalty

Hello Christian. How are you?

There really aren't because the right just sort of fucked off from the institutions of culture which generate popular beliefs.

Because good is dumb, in the words of Dark Helmet

Racial Holy War sounds right up your avenue.

Stop trying to stealthily promote your stupid game, Varg.

Hey, that's not fair. While I'm not OP, I'm unabashedly right-wing. I also don't agree with the liberal left-wing slant in a lot of RPGs. I don't like that they give visibility to homosexuals, and I'm appalled by the whole pronoun thing.

Off the top of my head, 40K is the closest thing. Exalted would be, if they didn't make half the cast (3/4 in newest edition gay or bisexual.) I honestly wish that we had unabashedly right-wing RPGs, which are rare.

I mean, WoD is really left-wing. Blue Rose, 'nuff said. But I can't think of the inverse.

Warhammer 40k exists user.

Attached: 1521675978202.png (924x692, 704K)

This has been pointed out many times before but a lot of default settings for older RPGs are quite conservative or even libertarian. Consider the average adventurer's lifestyle.

There generally just isn't a lot of Conservative thought in writing culture. They tend to have actual careers in technical fields or blue collar work. Art for it's own sake has never been a massive priority of right wing institutions.

This is a bait thread made by some soyboy for the 5 minutes jamal lets you use the computer

My setting is in many ways based on Jean Respails books.
I try not to push it on my players too hard, but i do include many of his apocalyptic visions aswell as the possibility to fight against it in my campaign.

speak for yourself. im a conservative and ive played and DMed quite a few RPGs.

Not that guy, but I'd love to play a Shadowrun game where you're the cool corporate expert hunting down those goddamn runners.

Or a setting where you're basically the guys from Jin-Roh, hunting down rebels and terrorists. (To be fair, Paranoia and Dark Heresy fill that niche.)

>Off the top of my head, 40K is the closest thing.
So by your own admittance the second biggest traditional game IP on the market is right wing. How exactly can you even claim that rpgs are majority left wing? How can you even claim a majority of rpgs are political at all?

Your RPG is going to be as inclusive and polite as your players make it. You might be really lucky with your group, OP. You can introduce a gay NPC without ylur players all losing their shit like ten year olds

Dude, that's one game. Literally a single game.

Star Wars might be a huge franchise, but it doesn't stand for the majority of science-fiction. (For example).

Besides, anytime a game uses any social justice buzzwords, you can be sure that it's political. If it wasn't, it wouldn't happen.

Sure you do, buddy. Sure you do.

No OP, but why would I want to introduce a gay NPC? When I run games, I run them as close to traditional values as possible, and part of that includes no homosexuals, diversity being a weakness instead of a strength, always-evil races, a militant interpretation of faith, and people knowing their place.

Sauce?

So you run Redneck Rampage redone for table?

There is a loooong history of homosexuality in the human species, user. You cant set a game in the mediterranean without featuring at least one. Also my players just go 'Okay, thats a gay character' and suffer no moral outrage at a fictional creation, or their real world counterparts.

And if you're unlucky, the GM loses his shit like a ten year old. Like so!

>Dude, that's one game. Literally a single game.
Warhammer 40k
Warhammer Fantasy
Rogue Trader
Dark Heresy
Total War: Warhammer
Space Marine
And another handful of vidya
Fuck off, you really do have no fucking clue what you're talking about and just came here to shitpost.

I don't follow. Why include a token gay character for no reason other than visibility? I mean, it's not like I include Muslims or black people for the sake of having them.

Why are you asking him about something he never mentioned?

You're deliberately splitting hairs here. It's still all part of a single franchise. You're doing the equivalent of counting all the Star Wars offshoots as unique entries.

The One Ring. Maybe, didn't play it. But one could assume.

Because they happen and its just like a character trait of being frugal, paranoid or having a really artistic eye. The real question is why do you run such isolationist milk-toast DEUS VULT games?

>WHFB and 40k are the same franchise

Kek.

Because I personally like those, and so do my players.

Literally no one gives a shit about your setting

Keep in mind as you roleplay a political view that's not your own in this thread that quests died for this!

why do you even post in this thread.

Thats a shame user, your players sound so close minded about subject matter that you have very little room to explore. Tbe best campaign I ever ran was a nomagic campaign set in Dacia, but there's a few too many different cultures and lifestyles in that period for your group to handle

Kingmaker might be, since its about founding your own state, but pathfinder itself has not been.

Champions might be...

It's better that way. This is going to be the Kingdom Come: Deliverance argument all over again, right?

You can use any system and use it in a setting that isn't left-wing, although some systems might require some homebrewing to do that.

Sounds like you'd also enjoy Mage: the Ascension's Technocracy, the antagonists of the line. Which, good news, by the way: They're objectively the good guys in the old World of Darkness.

Vampires of any flavor are fucking over mortals, Werewolves are at best apathetic towards mortals, the Traditions in Mage want to bring back a world of magic which, by the way, includes dragons eating people and sorcerer-kings ruling over the pathetic populace. Faeries want to reject this reality and return to their own, wraiths just want to move on, and mummies, while generally good, are also usually busy fighting supernatural horrors and sort of just live in the world. And of course we don't have to talk about demons.

The Technocracy is the only faction in the World of Darkness that is fighting for the betterment of the common man. They want to improve the lives of YOU. Because a world without magic is a world where diseases are caused by viruses or genetic defects and can be studied, analyzed, and cured; rather than by foul spirits that have to be bargained with. A world without magic is one where you have a zero percent chance of being eaten by a dragon.

Because it's vaguely amusing to shitpost in response to shitposts.

>user this campaign isnt /pol/ enough for me
Your group sounds like a treat.

Realism and verisimilitude, obviously.

Its kind of pathetic user, do your players honestly lose their minds if you stray out of that territory? How much rural Not!England are you going to run?

Wouldn't it be less realistic to include people like that? You could get burned at the stake for homosexuality in the past, and people didn't travel that far. Most people never saw a minority beyond those in their own ethnic group.

Gay people don't real?

>The world is England and the Colonial US

Attached: Gomer_Pyle.png (398x446, 193K)

You could get away with it if you were a noble

As much as we want, obviously. The classics are there for a reason.

Not really. Being a faggot was still punishable by the church, and it was a good reason to disinherit people. Not to mention that it'd be a sin by any denomination of Christian faith and by plenty of other faiths too.

You'd have to be really deep in the closet, or keeping that shit on the down-low.

I play 2nd edition WFRP every weekend you soft cunt.

>You could get burned at the stake for homosexuality in the past

Depends on the era and your wealth. Peasants get burned at the stake if anyone cares enough (and most don't unless they have an ulterior motive, like getting the peasant's stuff). Rich merchants or powerful dukes get called a bit queer and called funny names behind their backs, but as long as they aren't actually caught in flagrante delicto by someone they can't bribe/threaten, they'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure other countries chopped off people's balls for the same crap. The world was just as, if not more barbaric in places today than medieval europe.

and that's a terrible state of existance, i wouldn't want anyone to live in those backwards conditions.

>Not to mention that it'd be a sin by any denomination of Christian faith

So is murder and theft, but a lot of that was done in the Middle Ages anyway; why would homosexuality be different?

Literally any rpg can be libertarian/conservative/etc. However outside of retarded virtue signalling I don’t think there are any spesifically left wing rpgs.

eclipse phase pretty much is.

Hangups about homosexuality are fairly uniquely Abrahamic. East Asia was far more permissive and Japan actually full out didn't care before the Meiji Restoration and Japan's rabid attempts to westernize. In India, as well, homosexuality was often tolerated (if not exactly encouraged), because souls have no gender and two people of the same sex getting it on was just seen as a continuation of a relationship from a previous life.

(Interestingly, India also has a religiously-recognized third gender and has since time immemorial).

Because it's repulsive and shameful?

Why are sex crimes considered worse than 'normal' crimes? And why is having sex with a minor or an animal illegal, while having sex with an adult is okay? It's because deep down, viscerally, you know it's wrong. You know that someone who fucks children, animals, or someone of the same gender is not right in the head.

you already made the 7th sea thread, why not fuck off back to it?

Really? Can I have a quick rundown?

they still would care, marriage and producing heirs is very important. and India's 'third gender' isn't a third gender, its literally what we'd call a trans-woman. 'third genders' always seem to be castrated man or feminine man.

Space anarchists and transhumanists are clearly favored and implied to be the good guys in the fiction.

But the 'third gender' in India is basically a pariah class. They're universally men who are sexually mutilated.

This desu. We can actually explain that through biology.

Tbh the technocrats were too watered down. They should be more machiavellian progress at all costs types.

>They want to improve the lives of YOU

They want to do this by recreating Brave New World.

I mean, make no mistake, they are waaaay more sympathetic than most other factions, but...

honestly with all the super-natural bullshit using humanity as its play-thing, I'd join them.

That's not really necessary, though. They're basically government employees. Government employees aren't especially bloodthirsty, they're just doing a job.

Weirdly, the Investigators from Tokyo Ghoul fill the same role. Salarymen with weapons in briefcases and government backing.

you clearly haven't met a bureaucrat.

>Because it's repulsive and shameful?

As opposed to murder and theft, which are A-OK! No one is repulsed by a man who has murdered his brother!

That's you. That's how dumb you sound.

>Why are sex crimes considered worse than 'normal' crimes?

Now you're just projecting. We're talking the middle ages, aren't we? Sex crimes aren't worse than normal crimes then. In some cases they're not even crimes. A soldier who rapes a woman in an enemy city today is going to spend 20 years in jail. A soldier who rapes a woman in an enemy city in 1130 is proving his virility and manliness.

>le homosexuality leads to bestiality meme

Frankly the fact that your mind (and the minds of so many other "mortal guardians") jumps from "two men kissing" to "fucking a dog" says a lot more about you than it does about homosexuals.

>marriage and producing heirs is very important

Oh, yes, undoubtedly, but once that's taken care of you can fuck and/or munch anyone you want.

I seriously hope you don’t think that modern western homosexuality has any historical precedent. Most if not all historical and ancient cases of homosexuality were pederastic and therefore bad in nature.

Oh boy, is this your lucky day or what?

Attached: mythic-fantasy-role-playing-game.jpg (600x600, 65K)

they wouldn't like myfarog though because it blasts christianity

What’s wrong with brave new world?

In all honesty, I would consider Brave New World a heaven.

Curiously biologists have found that ”homophobia” is mostly caused by genetics.

DragonRaid

Attached: dragonraid.jpg (636x630, 79K)

If you're complaining about rampant sexuality in Exalted then you're a fuckin idiot. It's a callback to old religions, in which everyone was sexing everyone else, without much regard to pesky gender.

Abs-solutely Close-Range Love

It's one of the better dystopia for the people living in it, but it's still a dystopia where uniqueness and dissenting thought is stamped out mercilessly.

>Do we have right wing, conservative/libertarian themes RPGs?
Unironically D&D, the fact that feudalism and monarchy is portrayed as a good thing (or at least sometimes good; there's often a good king and a bad king, and once the good king defeats the bad king the political system is great) makes it far more reactionary than any popular ideology today, even fascism.
>but muh gay transexual hispanics
Irrelevant.

Leave this thread

I mean...it is a World of Darkness, user. You work with what you have.

Unless you run things the way I think most old White Wolf games were actually run, and mine certainly were, in which case it's actually a World of Ow I Stubbed My Toe Someone Turn On The Damned Light.

Where the majority of vampires just want the Camarilla and the Sabbat to fuck off so that they can go back to living relatively unobtrusive lives; where the Traditions are psychopaths (except the Sons of Ether and Virtual Adepts) and the Technocracy are actually objectively GOOD except for maybe the highest ranks (but that just sounds like a fun campaign - cleaning the out the corruption of the highest ranks); and where Werewolves don't show up except as antagonists because I'm frankly not interested in that line.

You could say that, but I see it differently. You have a society led by literal ubermensch, with an extremely strong eugenics program. You'd think they'd consider homosexuality to be horrific, because you'd want people who enjoy mating and producing powerful offspring.

Conversely, the Celestial Exalted are generally picked because of the whole 'will to power' thing - You have an extraordinary individual or one with great potential, who becomes even more extraordinary. We're talking about literal ubermensch here, ruling as god-kings over the unenlightened masses.

it oddly seems to have classical liberal values despite being a monarchy.
If your going feudal monarchy, should go all the way.

Thanks.

Attached: AnonDelivers.jpg (251x227, 10K)

Nah, nigga, naw. If you actually understand various sciences then you'd have a centrist view point.

Depends on how we define left and right.

>You'd think they'd consider homosexuality to be horrific

They consider it USEFUL, because it prevents unwanted git.

I don't think user was making a point about their own politics, but that biological factors can correlate with political and moral outlooks.

>Playing as a magic wielding, or nonhuman infiltrating society

>Not hunting down monsters with nothing but grit, and high caliber rifles.

>Not being a based Neo Nazi hunter gunning down all the evils in society, vampires, werewolfs, wizards, mages faeries, Jews, ect.

Attached: imad-ud-din-nazi.jpg (1920x1024, 473K)

You would be a delta at best, already having that kind of mindset.

Why is stomping out dissent bad if it leads to an utopia?

Because it's my kind of dissent. If it's someone elses dissent it absolutely should be stomped out.

My dissent is pure and good and the will of god. Their dissent is degenerate and sinful. Understand?

>I mean...it is a World of Darkness, user. You work with what you have.

Good point. Also good point with lower level technocrats being actually pretty good guys, or being misled as a campaign idea (I wouldn't play it in WoD, but I'll file it away for later).

You're literal described the gods of Olympus.

Oh, right, I literally went and forgot about Hunter: The Reckoning.

Depends on what you think makes a place a utopia. Brave New World isn't really one.

I haven't even gotten to the really saucy bits yet and it's already amazing. This is gold.

Attached: Capture.png (340x906, 340K)

Not exactly. The Gods of Olympus were singular creatures, and they didn't have a society. More, the Gods were never mortal.

The Dragonblooded have a society, but there's still the element of worthiness when it comes to Terrestial Exaltation. Meanwhile, the Celestial Exalted are all human at the baseline - They go through life without expectation of gaining any true power, until they do.

it's a really good one with a really sweet ending too. A real nice read with so much aweful hentai shit out there

I'm a simple man, I like the classic monster rape hentai.

>Brave New World isn't really one.

I'm the guy who brought up BNW.

If you just want simple pleasures out of life, BNW is absolutely a utopia. I don't want to knock on people for wanting that, it's just that you absolutely must understand that being an utopia for you makes it a dystopia for mostly everyone else.

That said, BNW is really benign, they even have a colony for the different thinkers. Really, if they weren't doing a lot of manipulative bullshit, and actually _let_ people become like that instead of destroying all sorts of old culture and keeping everyone perpetually high it'd be pretty close to an actual possible utopia.