Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

LEITDORF WAS RIGHT! edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread:

Attached: marius_leitdorf___sword_of_ruin_by_colonelliamross-d5yf4yy[1].jpg (730x1095, 211K)

What are you currently working on, anons?
Some nice conversion? Awesome paintjob? Exciting RP story hook? Tell me!

Remember, sharing your work inspires others and reminds that hobby ain't dead!

Pictures are especially welcome!

Anyone knows any fancy cannon models for oldschool Chaos Dorf army?

>get used as a pawn by Malekith to weaken his arch nemesis, wreck your entire ”empire” in the process
>get most of your holes conquered immediately afterwards by skaven and Goblins
>Elves executed an orderly withdrawal from their colonies and managed to defeat Malekith despite being somewhat weakened by the manlet outrage
>”w-we won tho...“
lmaoing my ass off at these stunties, Elves still control all World Seas, while stunties are little more than humanities Sidekick.

how common are werewolves in the empire? what do druids and amber wizards think of them?

did you miss the part where the elven king was killed and the dwarves have the Pheonix Crown as spoils?

and Goblins took two dozen Dorf holds.
The elves made a new crown and elected a new King, the Karaz Ankor is still gone

victory is domination of the world, not some arbitrary conditions

you've had your vengeance, yes, but that is petty and not a victory

Just started repainting my dark elf army, I used sisters of the thorn a Whore-locks because the models are better looking than gw's.

Finished a mock up of the deers base coats tonight, grey and screamer pink.
Accidentally discovered a better method for washing that shows great detail with the eshin grey when I over watered it so it's a win all around.

You're gonna have to convert your own, anything demonic with a barrel should work.

Attached: The future of effective marketing campaigns.png (896x672, 633K)

Thats a nice Shadowland, would be a shame if anything happened to it...

>oh wait.

>you've had your vengeance, yes, but that is petty and not a victory

Not according to the Dwarven grudge system

then don't expect anyone else to recognize your "victory" because no one else cares about your silly revenge

seriously, can there be more petty motivation than revenge?

Revenge is not a petty motivation. If other people around you see you getting shafted and just taking it like a bitch, they will try to do the same to you.

If you allow anyone to shit on you without reprisal, everyone will

But to the point where you swear vengeance on a mountain? Madness.
At least camping Athel Loren in winter and butchering wood elves I can understand because fuck those guys.
But an inanimate object? Go home dawi, you've not drunk enough.

>dwarves try to cut Athel Loren into lumber during the winter
>get killed by elves
>get so butthurt that your guys got killed that you write about it in your journal
>never manage to get back at the elves because they just kill you if you try to show them up
Dwarfs, masters of the universe

Yes they did, went there at winter, posse and stomped on trees, a bunch of spearelves came out, and the dwarfs killed them all and roasted their corpses in song and cheer.
Truly it was a blessed day.

>Next day, the great host of Athel Loren brought the Dwarfs to battle. As Adanhu had promised, the Elves did not fight alone. Colossal Treemen strode amongst the Elven lines, and great hosts of Dryads swarmed about the flanks. Mighty Durthu led the charge, an unstoppable force of nature who sought revenge upon those who had scarred him. Against this host, the Dwarfs stood little chance. Though they strove with all the stubbornness of their race, they eventually broke and ran, leaving the mountainside heavy with their dead.
Dawi sure showed them elves

That's a grudging lad.

Is Flame Cannon a viable option for Dorfs?

making small simple armylists to introduce my friends into WHFB

currently considering whether I should have Wood Elves and Forest Spirits as separate armies

if anyone has anything to say about the ones I already have, you're welcome

INTO THE BOOK

Attached: 1507073942239.png (1739x902, 806K)

go on, write your deathnote little manlet.

>Dorfs fight Goblins for millenia
>to no avail

>Eltharion leads one crusade against Goblinkind and creates a genetical imprint so severe, goblins feared any Elves ever after

stunties are the gift that just keeps on giving.

Do I get this right?

Eltharion the Blind married Volkmar the Grim, took his surname and became Eltharion the Grim

right?

If Dwarfs consider a grudge settled a victory no matter the catostrophic losses (see War of the Beard, where Dwarfs consider sacrificing their mighty empire for a fucking tuft of hair a victory) why don't all Dwarfs band together and go storm Skavenblight?

>chief walks in
>sees me writing and adding things
>"good to see someone isn't a lazy ass around here. Good job."
>I was working on my mordheim warband and learning the rules

Weirdly enough everyone seems to hit mordheim fever. Seeing alot of posts here and elsewhere of people putting games together. Just a funny coincidence that we decided to try it at the same time.

Attached: Warplock_Jezzails_Skaven_Adrian_Smith_black&white_illustration.jpg (191x264, 7K)

They changed Eltharion midway through the lore, he's still somewhat the same guy, depending on how you look at it. That said it's not like there is an overbearing insitution that forbids anyone taking up the title "the Grim" after one already got it.

Attached: Eltharion vs shadowblade.jpg (941x845, 180K)

brazier of coals for my archers
knight of the realm #3

Slowly but surely getting all the 3e knights with full helmets. Got to start thinking about making a watchtower or something for them to defend.

Attached: 100_2652.jpg (1151x500, 248K)

>Playing WH1 as Durthu
>Dorfs being pain in the ass for much of the beginning, aka the only difficult part of the campaign, attacking me whenever I'm occupied elsewhere, particularly as lesser tree units are worthless against them.
>Barely manage to eliminate most Karaks in the northwest, except for Angrund who brokered peace when Chaos started rolling in and confederated with the main faction.
>Dwarfs hold the entire south by the time I deal with the Chaos, undead, replant everything from Altdorf (Chaos razed it on the way to me) to Kislev, and play the final battle.
>Desire to return to my WE save and enact Dawi holocaust intensifies

r8 my lads

Attached: Ogre Butcher.png (1108x583, 1.38M)

Attached: Ogre Maneater.png (736x609, 1.06M)

>Getting back into fantasy after a decade or so
>Decide to just collect small armies, 40 miniatures or so
>Win 24 dark elf swordsmen, the old 90s plastic ones for cheap off ebay
>Badly painted but that's fine, into the dettol they go!
>Really hard to clean off; haven't stripped paint before
>Keep them in the dettol for nearly a month
>Take them out, nearly good but some muck still sticking
>SOmeone in the house suggests a little white spirit, shouldn't melt the plastic, just to get the muck off.
>Brush them off with the white spirit, rinsing heavily under the tap. Looking good!
>Leave to dry
>Wait a few days, not really checking
>Come back to start work on them
>They're fucked.
>Got these for a good price
>Now just really expensive on ebay
>Knew dangers of white spirit but thought just a brush and rinse would be safe as some people even use acetone on plastics and get away with it sometimes.

FUCK
MY
LIFE

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 13.31.15.png (940x629, 551K)

>Playing TWWH2
>Me (Clan Mors, yes-yes) and coop buddy (Settra THE IMPERISHABLE) struggle against enormous Greenskins empire that confederated pretty much everything and stretches from the edge of the desert to Karaz-a-Karak and probably beyond.

>When Settra's second strongest army approaches Barak Varr it gets jumped first by Azhag, whom it beats in tough battle, and then Skarsnik who wiped the floor with the battered army - and it had necrosphinx, ushabtis with bows, that sort of stuff. Serious army.

>Skarsnik continues to advance on Ekrund, which is defended only by weak army (a few elites, plus 16 squads of skeletons). That's all we have on western flank.
>I rush a Grey Seer with 9 squads of slaves (6 melee, 3 slings) to help. Realizing I can't help Ekrund directly, I decide to fight Skarsnik near Bitterstone Mine, with intent of destroying his catapults with Menace From Below, so he can't just storm Ekrund and has to besiege it allowing us to relieve it.

>The map turns out to be the narrow bridge one. There 9 slave squads, a Grey Seer and smallest weakest TK garrison face might of Skarsnik
>I do take out catapults, and so we decide to inflict as much damage on Skarsnik as possible
>However, with Grey Seer spamming Warp-Lightning on cooldown, TK natural fear and having lost 2 units, Greenskins start to falter. Units often break, creating a mess, reducing damage we take.

>By the time my mana ran out, the TKs crumbled and Grey Seer got killed by Wolf Chariot (having tanked ALL the shit gobbo shaman threw at him), routing my slaves, Skarnik's forces are heavily battered and many units are at ~5% hp. We lost, but Skarsnik's powerful army was basically in no shape to threaten anything.
>But it gets better.

>Slaves broke and ran away a little distance. Skarsnik decided to chase and attack them. One autoresolve later 5 of his low-health units - including Big 'Uns - were wiped out, forcing Skarsnik to run for the hills

That felt really epic.

To be fair Eltharion is a pretty scary dude.

>gets blinded
>uses the force to keep fighting enemies as a master swordsman

The dude is rightly feared by green kind.

>gets blinded
>>uses the force to keep fighting enemies as a master swordsman
so basically Chirrut?

Attached: tumblr_inline_oiemlplIzE1ttjm44_500[1].gif (480x270, 749K)

His still like this, judging me for not painting him up already

Attached: 20180315_154620.jpg (2274x2744, 2.36M)

How about this little guy?

Jesus user, should have mentioned something in these threads.

I would have introduced you to the glory of the ultrasonic cleaner.

Also if you're looking for more and better models the island of blood set was re-branded spire of dawn, just score some square bases off of ebay and you've got cheap skaven + high elves.

Attached: sword fuckers.png (530x294, 33K)

Forgot picture

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-160951.jpg (256x244, 47K)

Look just because dawi don't get mary sues like elves(elfs?) doesn't mean they can't do cool stuff or have cool toys

>person simply isn't a dipshit
>gets branded mary sue

yep, that's a dawi post

Not enough pyromania but I guess you could make a small comparison

Eltharion basically massacred so many orcs on a genocidal level that he created a paradox that created MORE orcs because the greenskins felt they found a proper fight in elves

I mean when the dwarves acknowledged Eltharion was a hardcore badass worthy of respect

Why is that powder monkey green?

I wanted the old school ones specifically. I really liked the look of them. I've got 4th ed high elves on the way. I'm just pretty bummed by this.

>dawn don't get Mary sues
>what is Gotrek
>what is literally the White Dwarf

I know dwarf players are stubborn but I didn't think they were stupid to match

>implying stubborn and stupid are not synonyms

Fair enough, I would still look into getting an ultrasonic cleaner though.
Some denatured alcohol/ methylated spirits and a tooth brush is all you need to strip entire armies in one day.

In the context of dwarves you're absolutely right.

But stubbornness isn't always stupid...you could be the only person right being stubborn to idiots swaying you to their cause...Archaon could have used such a lesson instead of being such an easily converted fag

>mary sue
He's just a badass dude that fought a lot of orcs. Warhammer fantasy is full of these guys, but for some reason elves are not allowed to have them or what?

Sea sick? He ate too much gunpowder? I have also wondered that quite a few times

He's a new recruit.

All new recruits are green their first battle

He literally killed himself to avoid being a puppet of chaos. It's all belakors fault

>he literally killed himself
>got rezzed in a timeloop
>gives in and surrendered

It must be shameful for Chaos to herald a weak willed faggot that even Capeshit was able to surpass

Attached: main-qimg-18dbaca4eef78c5d9b9b0f95cce9502b-c.jpg (600x316, 68K)

Yeah, I know now. Thanks for the advice though.

>TFW had I just gone for meths instead of dettol I'd be fine and have 24 perfect old school miniatures to make the core of my force.

So, to add to these how do these two look?

>Wood Elves #1
>Forest Captain on Great Eagle
>asrai spear, heavy armor, shield
>S5 longbow, ArP(+1) at short range
>Dawnstone

>Spellweaver
>Asrai Longbow
>Lore of Shadow

>10 Glade Guard with musician, standard bearer, and banner of soft cover

>5 Glade Riders with ambush
>5 Glade Riders with shields and full command

>Wild Riders with full command and banner of +1 ArP once per game until end of close combat
>Wood Elves #2

>Tree-Kin Hero
>5 Tree Kin with champ

>Dryad Matriarch #1
>Level 1 wizard, lore of life
>gives her unit Hatred

>13 Dryads with champion

>Dryad Matriarch #2
>level 1 wizard, lore of life
>gives her unit shooting attacks (BS4, 12" range, S3, KB)

>12 Dryads with champ

>Treeman with Impaling Roots
what do you think? how do these 4 list match up?

Quiet reminder that the high priest of Vaul went insane because he couldn't one up the work of a no-name dwarf smith

I thought he was to be possessed
Honestly I don't know, I couldn't finish his book

Also
>widowmaker makes you an ubermesch but causes you to go insane and curses your bloodline for all eternity
>Grimnir's axe makes you an ubermensch and can permanently kill demons

>being genocided by goblins and oversized vermin
Truly übermensch

you mentioned orcs and goblins and forgot to mention skaven

how the fuck were the tribes of man supposed to survive against beastmen? were they that badass that they could do it?

well yeah, back in Sigmar's days they weren't twig-arm ponces that they are now
they were like Norscans, but with actual brains instead of shit in their heads

Beastmemes aren't as much of a threat as their propaganda wants you to believe they are.

Oh yeah, they mostly just run at walls, get shot, and die.

Why isn't Neferata in TWWH2?

They put Ushoran and W'Soran in, but no Neferata?

they are also not all buff 2,5m Meat Mountains with goat heads, the vast majority of "Beastmen" are just outcast humans, or creatures little bigger than a Skaven.

the Geheimnisnacht mod has a great loading screen to showcase what most actual feral Beastmen would look like. But I can't find it anywhere.

Neferata will perhaps come as DLC.

Who has the best steel in Fantasy, and what is the order in quality? Norscan Steel is apparently the best Humanity can make, but then you get to Elves and Dwarves and they oscillate.

Both of those are placeholders though.
And Neferata's in Silver Pinnacle, up near Karak Kadrin. There's no space for her.
TWWIII would expand that area though.

>do you even Cathayan Longsword bro?

>poor Khalida will be shouting for Neferata's head for at least a year

>steel
sorry, I can't hear your crude human words over the sound of Ithilmar and Gromril clashing

Dude I don’t know nothing about Cathay, tell me about their longswords and why they’re so good.

So who are the better smiths; Dwarves or High Elves? Is it a case of High Elves having better individual smiths, but Dwarves have a higher baseline quality?

You mean that really bad pic of deviantart-like quality that I'm always wondering why they put it in while game loads?

How many armies do you have?

>So who are the better smiths; Dwarves or High Elves?
we just had this discussion at the end of the last thread
basically Dwarfs say Dwarfs, Elves say Elves, humans just suck dicks of whoever gives them magic items since they barely can make their own

Ithilmar and Gromril are just Mithral and Adamantine, they even have the same coloration. With that in mind, Gromril is technically the harder, sharper material but most people want Ithilmar for the speed.

Reminder that for all the Dwarven and Elven smithing, the best weapon ever was made by Skaven.

is that why the druids want to go back to the empire before cities?

>Norscan Steel
is a meme, Norsca doesn't have the technology to produce proper steel, and I'm talking actual proper steel Furnances.

Empire Steel is the best human steel, as we can assume they have quite a bit of Dwarf know-how in their production.
Dwarfs probably make the purest non-magical steel by pure metallurgy, having huge smelters with proper temperatures to actually create proper steel in large amounts.

We don't know how exactly Elves make steel, or what types of Metallurgy they use, but we can assume that they only use steel for tools and such, as their best armour and weapons are forged from Ithilmar, which in itself has magical properties, so we can assume they use the lore of metals to purify their material instead of complicated smelting technology.

Attached: 51f96d1920b9ddfa8708f5f1544eae46.jpg (470x315, 27K)

Gromril armor is 4+ though.
Ithilmar armor is 5+ 6++, so its a tad bit stronger (same save, but doesn't suffer from high S that much)

probably

the art is hilarious but it gets the point across
>horse headed halfling calls for the end of human civilisation

Attached: 1518884572831.jpg (640x625, 46K)

It was super powerful but melted the users arm off so... not that great for long term use.

Also destroyer of eternities here. Sup dudes?

Attached: Tomb-King.jpg (1374x1896, 1.18M)

>Fellblade
>killed Nagash

>Destroyer of Eternities
>did not

sorry, you said something?

Warpstone’s cheating.

gromril is not harder than Ithilmar, but it is magic resistant where ithilmar is not.

SAFETY PRECAUTIONS ARE FOR PUSSIES

yeah-yeah, anything that surpasses a Dwarf is clearly cheating

Dwarfs are such sore losers

And while we are at it, why the fuck are there so little beastmen factions on the map? At least some in the empire would have been nice.

not sure about vanilla, but in TWWH2, with Crynsos faction unlocker, 2 full stacks start off in Middenland

To this day, I will never understand why most fantasy settings don’t factor magic into the metallurgical process. Imagine being the first mage-smith that enchants lightning elemental into large plugs which smelts the iron in a vacuum, allowing you to control every percentage of constituent added within.

Beastmen would be a pain in the arse to play, they'd have to operate like rebels in the original R:TW - popping up at random everywhere like its going out of fashion.

Don't High Elves also use lava to forge stuff?

We are talking about Geheimnisnacht here.

The Vaul Priests in Caledor, yes. Coincidentally, they produce the finest* weapons and armor on Ulthuan.

*Fuck off Hoeth, you mary sue pieces of shit. Saphery, more like Shaftery amirite?

Vauls anvil is inside a Volcano but we have no idea what goes on in there. I could imagine they used dragons to smelt metal in ages passed.
oh, then. There's always the chance for a Beastman herd "uprising" to trigger, but to the extent of my knowledge the one in Carcasonne is the only one holding land at the beginning.

Should be added that the empire has bigger trouble than Beastmemes at the onset of the Vampire Wars.

That does not render my comment invalid

Beastmen are the widespread lurkers in the forests, to get the working properly would probably require a different engine. As it is the rebellion percentage is probably the best way to get them working in a Paradox game.

There are some in Norsca at the beginning of the game.

Letting the game start right at the beginning of the vampire wars is another strange decision, since it basically railroads every empire campaign.

>kill 80000
now it's set "after" the vampire wars. Which makes for more interesting empire gameplay.

That being said, there should be multiple bookmarks to start a campaign from.

any opinion on warhammer legends?

They put Ushoran in it even though he's dead?

Yep ad Azhag is one of the Orcs LL