All skeleton campaign

How would you start and generally run an all skeleton party campaign in 5e?

Attached: image.jpg (1000x450, 256K)

the party are all creations of a necromancer who gives them general goals and a lot of free range to accomplish them, but occasionally reigns them back in for other important matters, like defending his lair against a group of dungeon crawling npcs.

Also puns, LOTS of puns.

Rattle me bones, matey

I'm leaning more towards making the Necromancer neutral and I might make him more evil depending on what the PC's do at the start.

You fall apart because 3.5 and fucking Paizo have much better support for skeleton PCs than the barren, bleak nothing of 5e

your party loses all but their skeletons after discovering a cursed item, and are then presented with a quest to get their original bodies back

I like this idea since it grants more player agency long term

Have them morph into various undead as they level up, in the classic style. Start as skeletons, then zombies, then ghouls, then mummies, etc

Well, time to create a Living Dead micro class for 5e

Please post if you get around to making it.
I was originally thinking of having it be a mystery on who rezzed them and maybe depending on what they do it could be an evil or at least neutral Lich/necromancer did it or maybe it was a god or perhaps a novice who did it accidentally.

The party were all members of a Lord's retinue and were entombed with him. Centuries later some would-be hero, on a quest to stop evil villain, acquired the Lord's magic sword/relic/whatever.
The party did what most undead do when adventurers raid their tomb, and 'woke up' to find the relic missing. Now they need to track down the plucky hero and steal back their Lord's property in order to rest peacefully again.

Attached: 91f70a5ac845ed63431466cd7333d849.gif (500x280, 964K)

This without a doubt is the best idea yet! I can just see the opening scene.
>wake up
>look at eachother
>then to the kings sarcophagus
Dude, where's the Sword of Archagogue?
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU could be heard from the hills

Shit that's a good idea. What would the justification be for them going from important/possible high level in life to level one bitches?

>how would you run [game that isn't standard D&D] in 5e
You start by using a game other than 5e. 5e is a system designed to run a very narrow spectrum of games quickly, effectively, and with little effort. It does not reach outside of its purview in the same way that its internet-erra predecessors did (3e by having so much content that eventually everything got a supplement, and 4e by having so little connection between the rules and the fluff, that you could refluff the whole thing into mecha vs Kaiju and nobody would batt an eye.)

If you have an outside the box idea for D&D, don't use 5e... or better yet don't use D&D.

They've been dead for a long time. They're out of practice

5e is actually pretty easy to adapt if you try. It's no GURPS, but it's not like it's impossible.

I mean, you've been dead so long you're just a skellington all your muscles and skin and brains and shit are gone so even if you were level 20 all the shit you developed to get there is worm food. All's you got is the magic to reanimate you which us probably ALSO kinda degraded until you're just a level one skelebro. Leveling up is practicing and making your animation spell better basically

Awakened undead homebrew race my guy

the skeleton world is afflicted with a flesh growing disease that slowly covers the victim in flesh, functioning organs, and skin eventually bringing them to life.

anyone got that story of the necromancer who created a skelepocalypse with a faulty duplication spell

I did like that but Veeky Forums vaguely bitches about it so something must be wrong with it

One of them needs to be a bard and play the trombone

I wanna play this quest guys

If I have anyone roll a bard I am forcing them to do that

I would be a Bard

So you gotta fight against the land of flesh?

It's also the ideal choice for everyone involved. The players have the most experience with 5e and that's the only system I've DM'ed for so it works out nicely

Shit, I need to play a trombone playing skeleton bard now

What kind of stats does a skeleton have?

Attached: skelethrone.jpg (1600x1691, 219K)

That's what I'm playing currently. Using a homebrew mask college so I can blend in easier. I play the trombone and castanets

Skeletons are servants, not characters in their own right. Begone bonelet.

>not playing as a chad skeleton

I feel sorry for you annon

99 calcium