Why would you humans want an alliance with filthy...

Why would you humans want an alliance with filthy, condescending elves like this over based hobgoblins who are objectively better allies and waifus?

Attached: 1518620407962.jpg (956x720, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/58151161/#58151161
desuarchive.org/tg/thread/58086125/#58086125
desuarchive.org/tg/thread/58063738/#58063738
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Waifus
Post disregarded. I guess we're sticking with the elves.

Are you mad? Have you seen hobgoblin women? They look like the deformed rape baby of a hyena and a shrew.

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/58151161/#58151161
desuarchive.org/tg/thread/58086125/#58086125
desuarchive.org/tg/thread/58063738/#58063738
Are we out of gun-guild-concubine threads?

>t. Jealous elvish sluts who don't have legion-bearing hips and breasts to suckle future champions

Don't ruin this for me user. I want to see this to take off, and those other things crash.

Hobgoblins are the best thing WotC produced and a gem in a sea of shitty monsters.

Clearly we need katana again

To make a claim such as this, you must provide visual evidence as to why hobgoblin females are better.

Beauty and sophistication are substantially hotter than some gutter slut I could pick up for three copper.

Well, we *know* what elves would do after they take over the world. Fuck off to their gated communities, and every century or so release a wave of that generation's "ima fuck what daddy hates". They're doing it now.

Hobgoblins are just a bit too much like us. Probably not safe to give them any kind of power.

Why wouldn't you? Join your forces with elves, orcs, goblins, dwarves, eveyone. If everyone is on your side, you have no enemies.

Still waiting to see these hobgoblin waifus

Ten'll get you twenty they don't even manage to look as good as this.

Attached: Mag'har Shamaness Aggralan.jpg (800x591, 192K)

I prefer Dorfs myself.

Attached: 28.jpg (870x1293, 297K)

I kind of feel sorry for Ryo Mizuno, he went from Records of Lodoss War to writing that Grancrest mess.

Literally an orc
I'm beginning to think hobgoblins have no waifus

Well lets see:

Elves are beautiful, hobgoblins are hideous.
Elves are good, hobgoblins are evil.
Elves are believers in "you leave me alone I leave you alone," hobgoblins are believers in "we must violently oppress everyone!"

Nothing to dislike about elves (other than memes) and a lot to dislike about hobgoblins.

That would be nice, yes.

That's my point. Even orcs have at least one universe where the females are officially pretty hot. Where do hobgoblins have the same? Heck, the closest I've ever seen a hobgoblin that looked hot was this one user who tried to use that same pic as one, arguing that hobgoblins have always been "brown-skinned, less hulk-like orcs" anyway.

...Well, I suppose this pic here has a female hobgoblin who isn't TOO hideous.

Attached: 4e Hobgoblins.png (753x1700, 2.51M)

Hobgoblin women are brave, traditional, and nurturing. Elf women are thots who are happy to watch their civilization die, or are barbaric forestdwellers/super isolated grey elves who wouldn't touch a human penis with a Huge-sized Halberd.

>Elves take over a civilization

Genocide or magical sterilization ensues

>Hobgoblins take over a civilization

They abolish other war gods and put up temples to Maglubiyet, also crack down on crime.

Why are elves not a monster race again?

And no friends. Instead the most productive members have to carry all the deadweight of entitled, whiny, nation's that refuse to pay for their own defense and institute generous pension programs they pay for by sacrificing their children's futures.

Because Goblins will betray you at the first opportunity, rape you to death, and then feast on your carcass

Attached: Goblin[1].png (940x826, 665K)

It's hard being a Dorf

Elves have a tranny god of art leading their pantheon, Hobgoblins have the Lord of Conquest. Elves are effete, Hobgoblins are strong. Elves are entitled and ephemeral in their alliances, Hobgoblins are disciplined and canonically courteous. Elves give up their homes to Goblins, Hobgoblins beat the little fuckers into behaving in a civilized manner. Elves cry if you cut down a tree to build a fence, Hobgoblins pay good money for skilled carpenters to construct palisades. Elves waste their lives smoking weed and writing poems, Hobgoblins practice self-improvement and train hard at magic and fighting for the honor of their family, unit, banner, legion, and host.

Which is why you should never ally yourself with Hobgoblins.
They will slaughter you the second they no longer need you.

Hobgoblin honor is legendary. Brutal, but legendary. You're thinking of Orcs and basic Goblins.

Elves are really good at growing... uh... spices, yeah let's call them spices.

Since when is there a difference?

and despite all of that elves are still far more powerful as a race

hobgobshites on suicide watch

It is.

Canonically Hobs are more reliable as allies than Elves and keep their word unless you fuck up in writing contracts with them. Elves might just decide not to attend your war because they don't feel like leaving the forest that century and they don't see a difference between you, their ally, and the human kingdom you're fighting. Hobs will.

I like how everyone bases their view on hobgoblins on soruce material, while everyones views on elves is cherrypicked, memes, headcanon or some strange mixture that never existed anywhere and would never be able to.

Attached: germeny.png (2158x1429, 209K)

hey, I base them on what things I can get from them, and I don't see hobgoblins growing the best natural painkiller that in no way to I put in the potions the party uses.

Since always. Lawful and Chaotic are different.

Maybe ten thousand years ago. Now they're useless sluts.

>They look like the deformed rape baby of a hyena and a shrew.
well in old folktales Hobgoblins may have been as UGLY as a Goblin but had the helpful and friendly nature of a Hob.

Elves were just fucking random! I mean one minute they are making you shoes and the next they are shoving a magically summoned pineapple up your anus.

Gobbo women are hot now, and Hobs are just bigger with orange buttcheeks.

I'm pretty sure that elves are soft sex when hobgoblins are rough sex.

Sauce?

Therein lies the only knowledge necessary to go for the gob

Then post some

Nobody but irredemable midget-loving faggot who grew up on WoW think goblins are or ought to be hot.

I got some dwarf women, but I'm pretty sure nobody thinks they're hot.

Attached: Dwarf Warlock Concept.png (554x677, 476K)

Attached: 4e Female Dwarf Rogue Concept.jpg (400x609, 122K)

Attached: 4e Female Dwarf Cleric Concept.jpg (807x926, 90K)

Attached: 4e Female Dwarf Rampaging Brute.jpg (640x831, 320K)

Attached: 4e Dwarf Shamaness.jpg (640x759, 198K)

Attached: 4e Female Dwarf Wizard.jpg (400x576, 188K)

I think they’re hot though

I don't

Shinju no Nectar chapter 9 : The Dwarven Princess, page 29

>alliance

Nonagression pacts all day son

Attached: no-no-no-not-in-my-house-quickmeme-com-17850677.png (500x328, 90K)

>Elves have a tranny god of art leading their pantheon

Nah, Corey is a hermaphrodite who created a (usually) gendered race. He is not himself transgendered.

>Hobgoblins are disciplined and canonically courteous.

They invade and kill shit because they have ACTUAL entitlement mentality.

>Elves give up their homes to Goblins,

Elves virtually always win against goblins, orcs, etc.

>Elves cry if you cut down a tree to build a
fence

D&D elves aren't DF elves and even those take forever to become hostile.

>Elves waste their lives smoking weed and writing poems,

They are incredible warriors and wizards.

to be fair, I don't even know what a hobgoblin is..
may I have a quick rundown? they're some kind of educated goblins?

In D&D? They're human-sized goblins who're basically D&D Nazis. They're disciplined, organized, militaristic and strict, with a belief that it is their manifest destiny to conquer and enslave all other races.

>nazis
No way. They're D&D Roman Empire.

He probably means the colloquial concept of a Nazi; that is, a ruthless, organized invader that is completely smug and believes itself racially and culturally superior. They exploit and consume all resources and enslave everyone in their path.

Think of the Nazis, Mongols or Romans at their worst, but without any of the positives.

>wanting an alliance with that kind of dudes instead of pure elves
so OP is a faggot?

The best that can be hoped for is:
1. You immediately surrender to them without giving them any kind of resistance.
2. You are also of direct use.

If you don't mind being a slave mining or farming or whatever forever because hobgoblins showed up, then yeah, that's "great," and if you're say a human that turns your city over to them they may give you power where you help rat out rebels and such, act as a liaison, etc.

The retardation of hobgoblins > elves depends on two factors:
1. That you focus on the parts of the fluff where that if you obey hobgoblins COMPLETELY and are of use to them, they won't hurt you as long as you remain a highly motivated slave. Most people aren't happy to work their ass off forever as a slave to hobgoblins, but YMMV.
2. That you ignore the fluff about elves (such as that they're good aligned, helpful, etc) and make them a pastiche of Veeky Forums memes.

I think OP is envisioning himself as a sort of sniveling, traitorous Baltar-esque figure who turns his own people over to the hobgoblins and gets rewarded, which is a thing.

Attached: mr morden.jpg (320x240, 7K)

Does this mean that they enjoy being raped by soviets?

Boku no Pico chapter 2, page 6

He made a shitposting thread because he needs attention.

Keep in mind that according to the 2e elf book an elf that hunts down your descendants 200 years after a perceived slight and tortures them to death is considered "chaotic good". This is canon in 2e d&d.

I want this manga and all traces of it's existence scoured from the earth, and then we can drop a third nuke on those goddamn nips to see to it this shit never happens again.

No, its canon that he's... an elf. That's literally the best anti elf argument that can be put forth ("3 editions ago there was a bad elf in this one book!") while the best anti hobgoblin argument that can be put forth is "If they have a use for you and you're an obedient, energetic slave, you won't be beaten or have your feelings hurt!"

Tell that Corellon stuff to the new "diverse" cast of writers and see what happens. WotC has gone full Bethesda.

>Consume all resources

Gee, like commies NEVER caused massive famines that killed millions.

You'd have to be a faggot to ally with degenerate elves over redpilled hobs.

>Literal /leftypol/ memes glorifying rape because it's the rape of white women

Go cheer on Mohammed, Nigel.

Attached: 1521575167363.png (660x203, 176K)

An underrated monster race that are better than orcs in every single way, criminally underused, and still godawful allies because they'll be waiting for the moment your guard is down to conquer your people and enslave your children.

Hobs are better warriors and wizards, though. Straight up better.

What's funny is that D&D Orcs are avid multiculturalists who value strength above all and will happily try to mate with anything. The fact that people would rather kill Orcs than Hobgoblins says a lot about the modern state of nerds.

Elves are more attractive, and their women are the hottest. Japan's told me so.

This is because Orcs are rapists. They're so into rape, they've spawned an entire sub-race based off rape. I don't know about you, but if there was a race that raped so much there was an actual name for the rape-babies, I would go out of my way to kill them all.

Elves want to be left alone in a mono-ethnic pastoral paradise.
Hobgoblins want to forcibly integrate all other races into their multi-ethnic empire.
As always, the only kind of negatives one can come up about elves are Veeky Forums memes.

wtf does that have to do with the topic?

>Canonically Hobs are more reliable as allies than Elves

t. hobgoblin

In D&D/Pathfinder goblinkind consists of three races: goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbear. Goblins are your classic gobbos; chaotic, viscous, tiny, sneaky little fucks that think poking stuff with sharp sticks until it stops moving is funny. Hobgoblins are human-sized, stout creatures with slouched posture and bowed legs who are militaristic to the extreme who respect little more than strength of arms, and enjoy enslaving those they see as weak(including goblins and other hobgoblins). Bugbears are large, hulking brutes with long arms infamous for their sheer strength and almost paradoxical stealth. Not as bright as hobgoblins, they prefer to live largely isolated lives and survive off pillaging weaker folk, but they have been known to ally with hobgoblins from time to time, for whom they usually act as hired muscle or valuable slaves.

>Why ally with elves
Because not all of them are prissy little bitches.

Attached: nuada-sword-hellboy-2-760x360.jpg (760x360, 69K)

Elves think they're more civilized than us and use this as an excuse to be snooty at us, hobgoblins think they're more civilized than us and use this as an excuse to conquer, subjugate, and exploit us when given the opportunity.

I can be motivated when I love someone, not as a slave. If the hobgobelin chief was a cute female, why not?

>gets rewarded
I get it, you mean that's not exactly treason if those people deserved it.

"Mate with" may not be the right term for what Orcs do.

>always using advanced magic/artifacts/weapons
Are elves the nerds of fantasy?

Hey man Mongols aren't so bad these days.

Because they were raped back by their rape babies that the russians are.

>happily
Reminder it's canon orcs get no pleasure from sex and rape only because their rape god(dess) tells them to

Wow, newfag fucking detected.

Hobgoblins have always been much more disciplined and well-trained than other goblinoids. They have actually good weapons and armor, care for them properly, and train from birth to know nothing but the art of war and unquestioning obedience to their superior officers. A hobgoblin's idea of a good afterlife is the eternal war of Acheron.

They are very much not stupid, dirty little shits. Well played hobgoblins are a massive threat to any adventuring party because of how well they work together and how in tandem they are.

Hobgoblins have no honour. They're lawful, yes, but they're not honourable. A hobgoblin will betray, cheat, and lie to achieve victory, as the conquest and destruction of others is all they live for. They don't care about codes of conduct or honour.

Hobgoblins have honor, but people interpret "honor" as meaning "idealized knightly style chivalry" when its more Klingon/Middle Eastern notions of "saving face"

This. Dorfs are best.

Attached: 48DFF24C-605F-4A15-8FE0-6F9613D23979.jpg (1160x653, 87K)

Elf am purty.

>Why would you humans want an alliance with filthy, condescending elves like this over based hobgoblins who are objectively better allies and waifus?
Yes.
I welcome our condescending elven allies.

Which is why Hobgoblins in my games are basically orangey-brown Klingons.

Exactly.

I also run them as having the Volo's type dealy of having VERY plentiful mid level spellcasters etc., so they are a serious threat (all the humanoid types are, rather than being low level ones), mitigated by the fact that they only really learn direct destruction spells.

>VERY plentiful mid level spellcasters

Of course; a Klingon is never without his Disruptor and Agonizer!

Because Hobgoblins are a humorless, intolerant bunch who probably see smiling as a sign of degeneracy and whose loyalty to you is contingent entirely upon their perception of your ability to fend them off. Any alliance with them would only last as long as they perceive themselves to be equal or inferior to you. The moment they perceive what they think is weakness they'll start demanding that you murder all your non-maglubiyet clergy or risk invasion. And with a culture that appears to be a mix of rigid English Civil War Puritanism and the Golden Horde of Genghis Khan without all the rape, they probably see anything not immediately relevant to conquering somebody as degeneracy and weakness, and I'd rather not have to fight a war every few decades just to prove to our wonderful hobgoblin neighbors that we're not ripe for conquest.
On the other hand, Elves are too proud to consider conquering other kingdoms or leaving their own havens. More importantly, they know what fun is (hint: Poems about how your hobgoblin legion conquered yet another tribe of goblinoids are not fun to anyone else). They understand what a good song means, what a good meal tastes like and what happiness is. They may look down on you but they'd rather let you wallow in what they perceive to be your filth than kill your friendly local priest because he's not worshiping goblin god.

Why do you think a highly organized, capable and militaristic race like the Hobgoblins haven't taken over the world? Because nobody likes to live with or under a world led by an entire race of Stannis fucking Baratheons.

Attached: htmlconvd-uGQbao141x1.jpg (709x646, 55K)

Thats an amazon elf with tiny tusks