Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Songs of Love in Bilgewater Harbor Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread:

Attached: 1519698929285.png (1042x1920, 909K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VgWkqftKS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone post Bomb Lobber. That art is TOO hot.

1st for fuck red vs blue
Discuss dwarves vs trolls

If you say so, I guess? I don't judge.

Attached: 400px-Bomb_Lobber_full[1].jpg (400x542, 36K)

discuss stromgarde syndicate vs. alterac syndicate vs. forsaken vs. scourge liches and necromancers still in power vs. blood elves vs. high elf remnants vs. wildhammer dwarves vs. amani trolls vs. wetland black dragons

Shut up. Bomb Lobber, Bomb Squad, pretty much the same fucking card.

Attached: wow bomb squad.jpg (757x1128, 122K)

Objectively the best races of their factions.

Dwarf bros are welcome to come for a scrap anytime they're near Sen'jin.

Or Grimestreet Pawnbroker. Damn does that do things for me.

Attached: wow grimestreet pawnbroker.jpg (724x1033, 141K)

> ITT: gorgeous goblin gals

Attached: 1520827525858.png (946x2000, 497K)

we need more gobbos lads

Attached: gob2.png (539x670, 349K)

My pocket green fever is big enough without you guys goblin posting, dammit.

At that point in wc, what can be done that wasnt already?

Needs bigger honkers

I'd like a zone where there's focus on:

Worgen vs Tauren
Dwarves vs Trolls
Goblins vs Gnomes and not some meme gadgetzan shit I want real all-out mechanical warfare.

Attached: Goblin-Engineer.jpg (500x726, 37K)

I enjoyed the old racing zone before cata. Goblins and Gnomes trying to outdo each other in racing was quite cool. Mechanical warfare is hard to do tho. It would end just a lot of drones and artillery with some trench warfare and crazy Goblin pakistanis

Maybe for an 8.2 we can have a war over Kezan, Goblins vs Gnomes over the mechanical wonders of the Goblin's home nation.

But Gadgetzan's memery was fun.

Attached: 1507450346235.jpg (493x800, 36K)

Well you got dwarves fighting frostmane trolls, who are the only major ice troll tribe outside of drakkari. Gnome and goblins fight each other with mech suits in Stonetalon.

Yes, the gnomes totally want shitty goblin tech.

Gnomes need their own home back before they can take someone else's.

Attached: 1507535184813.png (800x800, 531K)

>all-out mechanical warfare

Nah. I've got no interest in seeing the goblin/gnome rivalry turned into WAR in Warcraft shit.

I just think gnomes and goblins should hatefuck already into some bunker and forget the big people even exist.

Gotta have that race genocide.

MSoG didn't have anything to do with Gadgetzan, though. I mean, it's not like there's a lack of themes to choose from in Tanaris, but they just went "WHAT IF WE CHICAGO GANGSTERS LOL" and crammed in a bunch of random nonsense.

Attached: tumblr_okrwbncFJI1rvyvwto2_1280[1].png (700x909, 501K)

Well, the gnomes would be doing it under the orders of Anduin and the greater Alliance, not for themselves I guess.

Goblin tech has consistently been shown to be more powerful and made from cheaper material than gnome tech. Sure, it usually explodes not long after, but the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long and all that.

But they do. Mekkatorque had his people salvage all the Blackfuse tech in SoO.

it's beautiful

Attached: 716126.jpg (2646x1080, 319K)

Mean Streets of Gadgetzan is a huge boon to Hearthstone and thus Warcraft lore, it's basically canon. I mean, the zones have never been perfectly to scale anyway.

So now that the gobbo posters are here.

Should this guy die?

I think more people enjoyed gang warfare than they would have enjoyed deserts, silithid, deserts, ogres, and deserts.

Attached: 1517584246791.jpg (709x1128, 78K)

I hope they don't reuse this one a lot.

also an ornate ram for regular dwarves!

Attached: 716120.png (5096x1080, 3.74M)

Allied race when?

Oops I forgot picture

Attached: Gallywix.jpg (800x763, 137K)

Those witches got some weird ghouls.

Attached: gob1.jpg (539x572, 100K)

Dorf Players rejoice.

Attached: minihounjd.jpg (4885x1212, 1.03M)

A fascinating specimen animated by ancient drustvar shadow magic.

didnt he died in the second hobbit movie?

same ram for fire dwarves
this is a paladin mount btw
one thing that's bugging me about this mount is IF anvil near the saddle instead of Dark Iron emblem

Attached: 716121.png (5096x1080, 3.36M)

Yep. Goblins sent agents into Gnomeregan, and the gnomes plundered stuff in Orgrimmar. If nothing else, it's useful to know what the competition is doing.

There's also Southsea pirates, Zul'Farrak and its trolls, Wastewander nomads, Titan ruins leading to Uldum, whatever the hell that cactus valley was, the Caverns of Time...

Attached: 1520309578000.png (639x569, 590K)

Hes an asshole, he should die. Still I think he can still be useful for the history, and I prefer him than someone adding a goblin that just swoons over the horde without any good reason.

that pic looks completely different from the thumbnail

I'm calling it now. Gallywix is going to try to use Azerite to stage a revolt, and he'll be the end boss for 8.2 on Kezan.

Attached: 1520818583998.jpg (684x1169, 166K)

Oh hey. We'll finally be able to ride them now.

Attached: 08e91615e39349c9f568430676bb7f08.jpg (725x1000, 578K)

> that pic

Attached: 1505591955854.png (467x348, 211K)

Yeah, he was a cunt. Although whether or not he's here, does it really change anything? I don't think he's done anything at all as the goblin racial leader.

There was that anniversary mount.

These one are weird mini, one headed core hounds though.

It's on their banner

Attached: 185px-Dark_Iron_banner[1].png_version=cad297b97d1f8d5e1caa5344dfad3c15.png (185x300, 60K)

Meh. I was there for the 10th anniversary. I'm happy with my regular Core Hound.

Attached: WoWScrnShot_032218_145644.jpg (2560x1440, 778K)

The thing about Gallywix is that his presence keeps the other Bilgewater Cartel goblins under control. Gallywix is much more competent than he appears.

Everything about the zone sets the PC up as the faction leader. I understand why they didn't go through with it, their solution was really fucking stupid.

Sassy should have been faction leader instead.

Yeah true. BfA seems to be the expac were we'll see if he's a lovable cunt or just a cunt

Attached: 896976876.png (894x894, 1.02M)

I wouldn't mind Gallywix so much if not for the goblin starting questline making his continued survival and leadership of the Bilgewater a perpetual frustration for goblin players.

Also it being another thing on the "Thrall has questionable judgement" list.

I wish they'd gone with a leader that demonstrated some of the more classic goblin traits (ie: recklessness, alchemy and engineering) rather than just a fat rich asshole. But then, I guess the Bilgewaters are BY FAR the most money-obsessed goblins in the setting.

Attached: 1372760616523.jpg (557x1062, 127K)

I'd rather have Marin Noggenfogger as Gobo race leader.

Attached: Marin_Noggenfogger_2016-09-27.jpg (350x243, 16K)

oh, that's just boring

Does he run Steamwheedle or someone else?

Yeah, he runs Steamwheedle.

Pretty sure he's not the Trade Prince.

Nah, he's neutral so he can get cash from both sides. They need to bite the bullet and give Boss Mida some character and some authority though.

Attached: 1518318195523.jpg (777x1029, 113K)

Gallywix is literally the hordes Rothschild. The warchief let's him do illegal shit and he funds their war effort.

Hes in with the uncrowned (rogue class hall league of shadows). He's not a member but clearly affiliated

Just checked. There's presumably a Trade Prince Steamwheedle who is mentioned in the RPG. But he never makes any appearance in WoW.
Noggenfogger does seem to be actually running the show since he's the one who says he has the power to align the cartel with the Horde or Alliance if he wants to.

Well she does hang around in the sewers. Maybe she’s gathering power.

Not him, but he's definitely not a trade prince. The trade princes are the closest thing Azeroth has to Goldman Sachs they're a shadowy group that does their own thing in the backgroup.

>I wouldn't mind Gallywix so much if not for the goblin starting questline making his continued survival and leadership of the Bilgewater a perpetual frustration for goblin players.

I like the fact that he completely escaped any kind of karmic justice. He's just a scummy asshole and he manages to get away with it.

Attached: 1468619995.osato-kun_buuubllly_goblin.png (866x1229, 276K)

So what cartels are there besides Steamwheedle and Bilgewater, and did they manage to get off Kezan before it erupted?

Not "full" cartels, no. The Venture Company is apparently independent but BfA dungeon journals make it clear Razdunk was never recognized as a full Trade Prince despite his best efforts.

Steamwheedle is quite safe but Kezen damaged some of their operations, obviously the Bilgewater had to join the Horde and Venture Company are still as strong as they ever were.

Well, I am making a Dwarf Paladin as my main then.

Do it. Been playing a Dorf Paladin since Vanilla and tanking with him ever since Prot became viable in BC. I've often thought that a race change to Draenei would be an aesthetic improvement, especially the Elekk mount.
But I just can't bring myself to give up Stoneform.
Fucking saved my ass so many times over the years.
It's also a good anti-rogue and Death Knight ability.

There also was Winterax in Alterac Valley till Blizzard removed their quests. Their chieftain reappeared in Zul'Drak though.

>greedy race of hook-nosed merchants profts from the conflict between two superpowers by selling them advanced weaponry
what did blizzard mean with this?

STOP IT YOU FUCKERS! I DON’T WANT TO PLAY WOW AGAIN!

Just play WC3 again.

There are no goblin shortstacks in WC3.

youtube.com/watch?v=-VgWkqftKS8

Opinions on the voice of the god of death?

Neither there are in WoW.

He's a little KANGZY but otherwise okay, it fits his character.

It's nice to have friends on the other side.

Attached: Friendsontheotherside.jpg (931x1138, 199K)

Just make your own.

Attached: Gunslinger.jpg (1000x625, 43K)

Have we reached a point where we shout WE WUZ KANGZ even when it's accurate for a character to speak or act like an Afro-Caribbean? Trolls have always been Afro-Caribbean.

Especially since it's blatantly obvious the name is a reference to Baron Samedi, sometimes called Bawon Samedi, an actual loa of the dead from Voodoo tradition.

Kill all (((goblins)))

Attached: maiev_by_drkav-dc02e12.png (745x603, 338K)

Do really expect someone who unironically types KANGZ to understand historical and cultural context?

I doubt Maiev likes Goblins very much but if you're posting her she should probably be going after Highborne instead.

Shendralar, Nightborne, Belves, Helves, Velves, Satyr, Naga. If it's Highborne, it's getting glaived.

GOD
SHE'S SO
CUTE

>Haha I'm so culturedxD!
No you aren't.
He sounds incredibly smug, yes.

She wears a bucket on her head.

A BUCKET.

Shh. You had like four threads in a row, time to take it easy for a bit.

Attached: 1423355608309.png (775x800, 439K)

Arthas ''Frostmourne the Highborne'' Menethil

Attached: Manga_Arthas.jpg (513x464, 147K)

Smug, yes, but I was under the impression KANGZ is about cultural posturing, which he isn't doing.

Where is that implied in my post? Also, understanding even the bare minimum of history isn't being cultured, it's not being a dumbass posting memes.

SHE'S SO SHY
LET HER KNOW SHE'S PRETTY
SO SHE'LL TAKE THAT BUCKET OFF HER HEAD

The meme evolved a lot over time, but the original picture for we wuz kangz was incredibly smug.

You mean it devolved into shouting it whenever anything remotely related to black people is mentioned. Because people are stupid.

Strictly speaking, it's supposed to be about conspiracy theories within black supremacy groups, usually about ancient african super-civilizations and such. But we all know that's a motte and bailey excuse to go "HAR HAR NIGGERS" whenever.

What a fucking cool guy, this is some dank VA work. Faction war/RvB/Horde villain ball can all suck a dick, but Kul Tiras and Zandalar both seem pretty damn cool so far, hell, we're even getting Kezan shit, so after the shitshow that was Legion, I'm more than fine with what's shown so far unless they decide to pull a WoD.

>Talking down to people over a taiwanese fishing board.
>Implying shit about someone you know nothing about.
It's the type of bourgeois elitistism you come to expect from reddit.

>this is some dank VA work
Pretty sure they kept the same guy from Wrath when Bwonsamdi appeared. Which would be the same guy who voiced Tosh in SC2.