Favorite creature type?

TG, tell me your favorite creature type. is it because of the type's aesthetics, its mechanics, or something else?

Attached: All Hail Reaper King.jpg (350x489, 97K)

Spiders obviously

Attached: QueenOfSpiders.png (223x311, 133K)

humans (and cleric)

Attached: 015.jpg (312x445, 57K)

Evil Eye

need more like this.

Attached: Eager-Beaver-Unstable-Spoiler.png (265x370, 180K)

shit taste (good taste)

Disregarding slivers, as that is the only correct answer without disregarding them, my favorite is cleric, followed by vampire.

Vampires.

Its a combination of aesthetics and mechanics for me. I play creature heavy beatdown decks and their most common colors (red and black) are conducive to good removal spells.

Plus they run the gamut of card abilities. Off the top of my head they can get

>flying
>lifelink
>deathtouch
>first strike
>madness
>skulk
>menace (and its variants)
>token generation
>creature theft
>good etb effects
>good graveyard manipulation
>variations of "deal damage and gain +1/+1"

Getting BTFO by the Sorin precon deck right after I started playing MtG probably sold me on it too.

>what the fuck?? flying, deathtouch, lifelink..
>FUCK butcher of malakir

Attached: egdar.jpg (1056x990, 280K)

knite

Attached: knight_exemplar_by_jasonchanart-d8yzb9w[1].jpg (1024x748, 169K)

>the perfect waifu standing for righteousness with armored titties

God i miss semi-old mtg

Attached: 1519861289394.png (656x755, 39K)

I do like it, but you want to nitpick political implications, you usually can.
It's an asian woman in an european setting, would they ever put a white person in a non-european setting?

ALL THE FUCKING TIME NIGGER YOU EVER HEAR ABOUT STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? WELL HAVE YOU?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? BECAUSE OF NOT YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT ITS ACTUALLY NOT A BAD TROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A trope they would never apply to a white person in a non-european setting.
Chill out senpai i already said i'm nitpicking and i like the art

It was a good trope but it's pretty much dead in burgerland.

They flipped out when China made "The Great Wall" starring Matt Damon, assuming that the Chinese themselves are so mentally colonized they would make a movie about a strong white man solving the weak asian's problems. If you actually watched the movie it was more about Damon watching in awe at how amazing and advanced and sophisticated the Chinese are.

i understand your POV and share it, believe me, but i'm way less pissed when they use superior asian waifus than when they impose us ugly nigresses when they want to do anti-white washing.

Rats. Specifically the ones like Relentless and Pack Rack that get out of control but I also really like the nezumi. And not just Ink-Eyes.

Attached: pack-rat-return-to-ravnica_1024x1024.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

Bear

Attached: what.jpg (320x287, 67K)

skeletons, unironically.

>all those tribes like faeries, scarecrows, treefolk, fungus, minotaurs or werewolves that will never get more support to make running them worth it
>meanwhile every fucking year elves, humans, zombies, vampires and goblins ge more shit to play with

goblins! they're cheap, easy to multiply, expendable, and there are so many cards that produce tons of goblin tokens! Seriously, you can send in a whole swarm of over a hundred of these little fuckers if you play your cards right!

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 30K)

I'm a zombie guy but I've been warming up to vampires recently

Attached: Rabid-Bloodsucker-Magic-Origins-Art.jpg (1000x754, 550K)

Eldrazi. The lore, the aesthetics, everything about them I find interesting. I want to know more and how Ugin ties into everything. I'm excited that at least one of the titans is still alive. RIP Ulamog and Kozilek...

Artifact! =D

I started Magic back during old Mirodin-ish. I was about 10. Still my favorite block, and pic related is my favorite ability in the game. I loved seeing proliferation in new Mirodin, but hated infect and hated even more when my favorite plane lost to the Phyrexians.

Keep fighting the good fight, Koth...

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 27K)

I think Cat is my favorite creature type, especially the knights and soldiers (the actual Leonin characters). Their appearance in the game suits the magic/fantasy theme and they seem highly focused and respectable in my mind.

Attached: 72.jpg (312x445, 72K)

Fucking love Faeries, wish they were viable in modern as a creature deck

Attached: 29.jpg (312x445, 77K)

walking trees
wish they got more support after lorwyn

Attached: sighdoran.jpg (600x370, 79K)

me too... well they are to some extend

Knights, Soldiers, and Angels are my top 3 favorites.

My first magic deck was bant Knights when I first started playing, and I still always have a modern legal Knights deck out of tradition, that has some of all the coolest knights from over the years. Knight Exemplar is pretty good and it actually wins occasionally against "real" decks which is nice.

My edh deck is basically Angels.dec and also has all the coolest angels from the game's history. It's not very good of course, but some angels also happen to be good cards so it wins occasionally. It has a lot of foils and stuff like that.

I don't really have a "soldier deck" but I play death and taxes in modern and in legacy and I've noticed that a ton of creatures in that deck are Humans and often Soldiers. My favorite card in the whole game is Thalia who is a Soldier.

For me it's art and mechanics. I usually play little creature strategies and humans, knights, and soldiers lend themselves to that strategy. I also like pictures of people being brave and heroic and they lend themselves to that as well, especially Knights. A lot of them also happen to be women, and I like when girls are brave and heroic too. Angels are all expensive but still fit with the other things.

Attached: 1506612450299.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Saprolings because I love token shit.

Attached: Saproling-Token.jpg (620x884, 257K)

I've tried over and over for years now to make a good Faerie creature deck, at best it's merfolk with flying and shroud, but is very weak if you don't have a really good hand, there just isn't enough low cmc Faeries that interact well with each other, and not enough strong Faeries with low cmc to make it a threat in the meta

Attached: zx01.jpg (223x310, 32K)

Allies are my favorite. I started just before original Zendikar and loved playing with slivers. At first I thought they were shitty but after building an ally mill deck and winning FNM I was hooked. My first edh was 5-color allies and it was fun.

Spirits
I like flying creatures, tempo, and flashing shit in.

Attached: I am respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority as your father by coming in anyw (445x311, 218K)

I desperately want there to be good bear cards, but most of them suck and have no abilities. I wanted to build a green bear deck and most of the bears are trash.

Knock knock, it's ya boii

Attached: 1515012841fren1.jpg (640x508, 100K)

i invested in spell queller, i just wait to make millions now

Attached: 189.jpg (312x445, 43K)

My niggoblin.

Goblins and demons

Citizen. Kind of a bummer that they haven't used it for the random Ravnica and Innistrad denizens.
Avatars/Incarnations are pretty cool, too.

whoops pic

Attached: 23.jpg (672x936, 206K)

i'm basic. humans, namely soldiers and knights. one of my favorite decks when i started playing again was g/w humans. it was around scars/innistrad block, so it was pretty explosive.

Oozes, because +1/+1 counters make my peepee hard. And I love the idea of some mindless mass growing unstoppably and consuming everything a la The Blob.

Attached: Ooze Flux.jpg (265x370, 53K)

This big burly beast right here makes everything better. Minotaurs forever.

Attached: ths-195-kragma-warcaller.jpg (672x936, 243K)

Merfolk. I love the variety of designs Magic has for them and playing them back in Lorwyn was so much fun. I especially love Selkies and hope they're gonna do something with them again

Attached: eve-158-selkie-hedge-mage.jpg (672x936, 256K)

Zombiefag here

>It was the year 2013, I was the tipical casual faggot who played only proxies and with stupid decks (like "its eldrazi tron, but I can't play nothing till turn 6 cos I have no fucking idea about how to play this game").
>I wanted to play better, and take the hobby more seriously, so I frequented a LGS at my city. At that time, the standard was Innistrad/RTR, and the manager of the shop made (to sell) a golgari zombie deck for standard, with gravecrawler, slitherhead, lotleth troll, geralf's messenger, and some no-zombies that fit well.
>I bought it, I played it for a few months, and I was really happy, it was so fucking aggro and I won almost all FNM i went with that (I lost some other too).
>Then it come september, and as I was realizing it would not be legal on stardard any more, I adapted it to Modern. It was still fun to play, and I won most of matches (like 60-70% wins) but I had to let the game for a time due to studies (I think is said that, english is not my mother language; the thing was that I had to study)

>Since that, I've never stopped watching the spoilers and thinking ways of improving my deck (without being ultra-competitive-assfucker, as I want it to remain purely zombie). I could add bloodghast and dredgevine, but those are not zombies, so I don't want to.

>Also, I'm planning to add blue so I have counterspells, prized amalgam, diregraf captain, stitching skaab, and maybe geralf's masterpiece and/or skaab ruinator (and maybe maybe, Dralnu and sultai charm)

Sorry for the big text, is just that I'm the usual faggot who gets happy when talking about his zombies :)

Attached: gravecrawler.jpg (920x693, 207K)

Absolutely gotta be dragons. It's mainly an aesthetic thing. I do like playing them but they are quite expensive. They're brilliant and majestic as fuck. My favorite mythical creatures.

Attached: Ancient-Hellkite-MtG-Art-1024x640.jpg (1024x640, 154K)