Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

More dakka edition

>Necron Preview
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/preview-the-nihilakh-dynasty-doomsday-arks-and-lychguardgw-homepage-post-2/

>Breaking News!
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=IKFZHeWL5hA [Open]

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Attached: castellan-04.jpg (960x897, 198K)

I need advice for an AL warband name. Alpaharius' Scales or the Alpharian Scales?

only 10 barrels of death
>laughs in baneblade

Yo dawg, I heard you like gunz

Attached: Knight Xzibitant.jpg (680x454, 42K)

Instead of responding to obvious bait like retards, post the stuff you've been working on.

Attached: 20180319_095623.jpg (4160x2336, 1.87M)

That a lot of dakka. What's it supposed to be?

hold up, is that a volcano cannon?!?

Knight Castellan

I don't like the Baneblade much because it's 52 extra points when the Demolisher and Autocannon aren't good enough to justify the points. Demolisher double tapping would be worth it, but alone, nah.

First for /pol/shitposting won't stop until you faggots stop responding to it. Just filter and hide.

Attached: 1520921634972m.jpg (1024x758, 91K)

That's a small volcano canon on it's left arm....

Slaanesh

Attached: 9b15a2ef06644961700f0056b6b769d3.jpg (1000x1254, 416K)

Agreed, although he's more than likely from /v/ as well

little disappointed it doesn't look as distinct from rank and file knights, a little variety like FW ones would be nice

>being intimidated by /pol/posting

Attached: hits vape.jpg (3264x1952, 386K)

FACT: Any model that needs more than a 60mm base should not be in the game.

Attached: fact.jpg (3000x3000, 1.6M)

Looks like a mini warlord.

You're right, the only way to stop shitposting is to shitpost back, thereby doubling the number of shitposts and making it so NOBODY wants to be here. Absolute genius.

Or just a single-barreled turbo-laser.

I like the fatty GUO though.

>Obvious bait
It's as if you're under a rock and dont realise the impact the feminist regime is having on gw. Sisters will be ruined with the new sculpts

How should I paint my Imperial Squires? I was thinking of doing a scheme like pic related. Opinions?

Attached: Freeblade Crimson Reaper.jpg (831x1496, 326K)

>Veeky Forums
>bitching about shitposting
Maybe I'm just getting old

Alpharian Scales rolls off the tongue better imo

FACT: you're a faggot

DOGS! Beautiful Purebred Superior Human Dogs!

Not to be confused with whatever the fuck is running around on Fenris these days...

Attached: Fuck Cell Phones.jpg (4032x2480, 1.41M)

Don't worry friendo, once I see boob plate I'll stop

>yfw theres an option for two volcano cannons

WHERE'S YOUR PRIMARCH NOW, BITCH!

Attached: 51564654654.png (736x461, 74K)

Thanks, user. Now I just have to figure out what to do on the color scheme. I want to do red but should I do something else?
Newer folks just don't have what it takes.

Attached: AS leader.png (201x281, 40K)

>Dislikes fielding minis that double as a bludgeoning weapon in a pinch
fucking nofun shitter

Nobody shitposts better than the U S of A baby.

Alpharius Cales

Attached: USA Doggo.jpg (600x800, 100K)

No wolves on Fenris. We all know.

Hoping to get my counts-as Karanak this week. Using the Netherhound by Avatars of War and some Chaos Warhounds for my fleshdoggos.

Attached: 20180319_095655.jpg (4160x2336, 1.93M)

Are vox-casters worth it on scions?

Hiding in plain sight because there's a lone scout marine in cover outside of LOS that is closer

Maybe not solid red like that, but the AL blue w/ red trim on the pauldrons and kneepads would look good imo.

I unironically want an IK army when the codex comes out, complete with knightlets. Do you guys think it will suck and lose to everything?

Not only did they get their Lab to sit still for dress-up, but they did so in front of food!

Credit where its do that's solid training.

Voxcasters are hardly worth it on regular guardsmen, let alone the more expensive ones.

There are no undivided demon princes. To attain demonhood you must submit to a God

Here's your (You) buddy. Don't go around spending it all at once now.

Attached: (You) currency.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

Out of date picture, but pretty close to what's on the table now. I WAS going to work on the Kabalites more, but with yesterdays announcements I was too distracted and only managed to highlight the 4 sets of splinter rifle arms. I am fucking READY to paint some Idoneth.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.58M)

Looks more like a golden or a golden mix than just a lab going by the ears, they're much easier to train than regular "literally so much energy I'm going to explode" labs.

The second one, but not crazy about either desu

Like this?

Attached: AS marine2.png (201x281, 43K)

[childish shooty noises]

Attached: 20170913_180447.jpg (1497x1996, 1.08M)

I don't want (you)'s I'm just trying to summon Carnac

>4u

Colour scheme is cool. Just make sure you change the scythes to something less edgy so you don't look like a dweeb with a hot topic army.

Those are some good boys

Even he has to sleep.

Attached: Bait'kor.jpg (625x626, 67K)

Why won't they just make another batch? It's been like 4 months. Whyyyyyyyyy?

Attached: whyyyyyyy.jpg (256x463, 26K)

Well then use ACTUAL bait you dingus.

Attached: 1511932184941.png (720x361, 59K)

It might be better-ish on Voxcasters because it lets you deep strike 2 units of plasma scions 18" away from each other, and still issue orders to both. So you can drop into cover, cover multiple angles (so you can't have both units get countercharged by a single group of deathguard, for example) and generally be more felxible.

But still, you lose 2 hotshot rifles for piddlypistols and 10 points.

Wow, awesome army. I would love to collect Steel Legion if they weren't metal, I've got no clue why GW just keeps shitting out Cadians when literally everyone would rather have something else. Our dudes would look awesome fighting each other, I've got a desert Tau army modeled with a lot of urban rubble on their bases

What's a good name for a Tzeentch-aligned Lost and Damned IG regiment?

Attached: tseentch lost and damned.jpg (524x604, 126K)

Fortunate Sons

The Cucks

>Steel Legion

Fuck yeah.
Someday I'll finish mine.

Attached: 3dca07dfa4341f0570ca79ccb010805d4eb41169fff79ec51f0963a04a8575c6.jpg (1280x1055, 445K)

see

Oh and make sure they're Catachans

The MAGNUS DID NOTHING WRONG defence force

Thanks, filthy xeno user. I'd love to holocaust your dudes some time.

Attached: kasrkin gun down crisis suits.jpg (1512x2016, 1.17M)

You know, the funny thing is they're going to have a real Vietnam feel to them.

At first I thought you were just being a dick, and then I realized you actually had something there.

In theory yes. Because they'll probably be dropping in, unless you drop a Prime in with them they'll probably be outside of order range. A vox triples that range.

Unfortunately GW are retarded, and a scion loses his lasgun when he takes a vox. If you're a running squads of 10 and maxing special weapons, not a big deal. If you're just using command squads to spam plasma or something, you'll have to have a Prime per squad anyway so it's not needed.

Hawkshroud > Freeblades > your favourite Knight house

Gotta get in range of them first ;^)

Attached: 1521210600545.png (797x563, 589K)

So I played a dude today with the gayest fucking list. He took (from memory):

Alpha Legion
-Jump Pack Lord
-Jump Pack Sorcerer
-40 Cultists
-2 units of 10 Cultists

Chaos Demons
-The Changeling
-Tzeentch Herald
-Karnak
-30x Pink Horrors
-2 units of Nurglings

Thousand Sons
-Winged Prince
-Foot Prince
-Terminator Sorcerer
-30x Tzaangors
-2 units of 10 cultists

I fucking lost by the end of turn 3, I fucking hate soup.

HOLY FUCK I MAGNETIZED A TOMB BLADE

NEVER AGAIN

But why

Yeah I'm sure that Vulture will really struggle.

Enjoy your BRRRRRRT xenos scum.

Just don't play against faggots like that. Of course I realize with some clubs that's almost impossible if you want to get a game at all.

>Boops robots

Attached: beefy.jpg (1202x750, 520K)

Who else /chivalry/ here?
>tfw not much longer to wait before the galactic grail quest begins anew

Attached: N6IY4rj.jpg (960x694, 151K)

Are those the old Kasrkin models? Lucky motherfucker, I'm still salty that GW discontinued them in favor of the retarded Scions. Guy that runs my local gaming store actually has like 10 old boxes of them and refuses to sell them to me because "they aren't in the current GW line." Cunt.

Actually, I am playing Vermintide. Wanna join in?

You can still take a hot-shot rifle for the Vox-Caster, so you don't lose the rifle shot. Oddly enough a full unit of Rifle Scions with maybe a Volley-gun or 2 with Vox-caster can foot slog it and perform well against other infantry thanks to orders and a basic gun that can make even terminators their bitch. Occasionally I use a squad or 2 of just rifleman with Gatling Taurox support to hold the field or take objectives, with Move! Move! Move! they can keep up with the Taurox if necessary but the Vox-casters ensure the Prime can give orders from farther away, and usually in a safer place then the rifle teams will be in.

It's a thing I've done a few times to increase the number of boots on the ground with an all Scion army. It's an okay thing to do.

It was a scheduled league game so it was either play or forfeit.

If I saw that gay ass list I would literally just spam reivers and stormravens.

>A collection of Knight Houses are sent on a quest to gather 'Our Lady's Holy Grail', a mythological item thought to be the key in restoring the Golden Throne

I can already see it happening. I wonder if Deathwatch will instead have a blurb about hunting and destroying Ynnead's shards.

Thanks lads, I'll probably forgo vox-casters for my boys.

Yarp. Back when they came out in 3rd edition (or 4th?) I bought enough to make my entire army out of them. I was going for a Kerberos Panzer Korps theme from Jin Roh at the time.

Attached: 20170913_185233.jpg (2016x1512, 1.11M)

I don't get how lists like this win. It looks like they have zero firepower. Do they just win out on objectives or what?

Will the knight codex be good, or does such a concept just not play well this edition?

Not that user but that won't beat that list.

Man fuck that guy. Kasrkin were too pure for this miserable world.
Ironically I might end up converting some Tempestus for my Knight's retinue. Like pic related.
They look far more like weird anachronistic honor guards than stormtroopers or kassies.
Why couldn't we have just had all three varieties of stormtroopers (not counting Krieg)?

Attached: RbWoNyN.png (865x497, 778K)

Volume of attacks and tarpitting. He probably brought a gunline list.

Cultists are a lot stronger than they look due to VotLW.

Don't care. Dick too hard. Heart too full of zeal & chivalry.

Attached: 1fbe146e6f91191b730cbda9e4b1cb9c.jpg (2048x1494, 2.7M)

>You can still take a hot-shot rifle for the Vox-Caster

How? Show your work.

Blood angels. It would fuck that list up. Reivers deal shocking damage to hordes, more than DC.

So I have a little tip for Kasrkin. If you want Volley Guns, use the Flamethrower and cut off the igniter flame tip thing and drill some holes in the front, then fill in the holes with some liquid green stuff and smooth it out. It looks pretty close to the Volley gun.

It depends on how they do it. If they do something like the FW knight lists itll be awesom

Tarpitting I can see, but I've done volume of S3 attacks before and it takes forever and barely works.
Is that the thing that allows them to get +1 to wounding?

there's already a pair of flamethrower converted volleyguns in there if you look closely. They have the grenade launcher ammo drum.

Neat.

Thanks for the feedback earlier on my first boy.

I added more blue to make it clearer that he's a Deathskull, though I still like the more muted and less exciting colour for his general 'uniform'. I had considered red instead of black but that would have been too many colours honestly.

And If I added blue in his straps or the clothing itself, it would be too much and too tacky IMO.

Attached: boy1.jpg (960x720, 39K)

I am so ready, I just hope that they don't give my house awful rules

Attached: Knight_Warden_Foresworn_Wrath.jpg (874x1092, 344K)

Someone put together a Heavy Metal Chivalry campaign for only war based on this

I play a similar list at tournaments so I'll walk through some of its tricks.

>Cultists
Are going to have +1 to hit, a 5+ FNP, re-roll 1s to hit, and wound at +1 to wound. Can possibly shoot twice as well (I run Oblits who tend to get that strat). Also I have access to a 2 CP stratagem to entirely recycle the unit in at full strength. 80-160 shots will kill/hurt many many things in the game.

>Horrors
90 S4 shots that will likely re-roll 1s to hit and to wound with +1 to wound as well. Will most likely have a 3++ with a 6+ FNP as well. Just a nasty shooting blob that puts out dice, similar to the cultists but with slightly better strength at the cost of shots.

>Tzaangors
Are going to deepstrike turn 1, have warptime cast on them, charge you on the first turn and generate 60 S4 AP-1 attacks with +1 to wound, and access to a fight again stratagem that will engage a huge chunk of your army.

That's how that list drives.

Reivers do nothing to the pinks or Tzaangors and won't be able to land close enough to count anyway because of the Nurglings.

What Knight households are near/work with Forgeworld Graia?