Yugioh general

continued from:

Attached: 1511754783324.png (688x1008, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/rulings/RulesDREV_1_1.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=vlE06_Uuc9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can i mystical refpanel a pot of duality and special summon afterward?

yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/rulings/RulesDREV_1_1.pdf

Attached: 1515396251884.png (725x54, 12K)

thank you

Parshath is my favorite card. Can a counter fairy deck with him and his upgraded forms be viable?

Attached: AirknightParshath-LOD-NA-UR-1E.jpg (400x580, 101K)

The new structure deck support literally forces him into the deck, theres no reason not to. But i wouldnt run more than the 1 arch parshath and the extra deck one as targets for the counter trap.

Viable? What does that even mean? Do you want to win a YCS with it? Do you just want to play with friends?

>your favorite archetypes aren't viable

Whats her name?

Monarchs

Ghostricks. I like field spells.

Good, fuck Monarchs. Every time they've been a prominent part of the meta, they've been unfun cancer to fight against, even way back when they were just easy removal with a body, you could toss into a lot of decks.

Gladiators, destroying two cards isn't that big of a deal anymore. But at least they had their time and I can still use my Reficule deck.

Ancient Gears

Attached: IMG_5356.jpg (1200x1200, 369K)

Cyberse

That's what I said about Performapals, but then they broke the game hard. Give it some time.

Naturia, Gishki.

Anime archtypes always suffer from the "suck at first, get good later on" curse

Perfect circle wasnt that cancer when the alternative was stun or FuFu Cydra otk

Stardust dragon. Your only maindeck boss monster gets negated by ash blossom.

The support is so scattered. Yusei nostalgia is divided between synchrons, junk, and stardust.

Attached: ash61T1lFQQw+L.jpg (342x500, 65K)

Cosmic blazar turbo is still pretty playable, if not absolutely nightmarish for the opponent to actually remove.

Trickstars were good as soon as they appeared

Worms
I love those fingers, but they are pretty much just a gimmick

What core does that deck use?

*fuckers

Madolche

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it runs red resonator, junk synchron, the black & white dragons ,glow-up and some tuners. You make needle, search glowup, make hyper lib with a dragon and bulb,repeat. Formula synchron into blazar/quasar on their turn. Dies like a bitch to kaijus

uhhhh anom is that shindol art?

>You make needle
God damn, yugioh players are stupid.

Attached: needlefiber.png (743x614, 33K)

>he thinks anyone on Veeky Forums plays ygo in paper
I'll take my imaginary format that lets me use all the fucking cards over dealing with the horseshit that is finding people IRL to play the game with.

Venom

>Gadget
>Karakuri
>Toon
>Wind-up
>Entitys
Uh.
I guess like weird and cute decks.

Are Deskbots viable? I was eyeing them and they're Cute AF

Attached: childsplay.jpg (623x414, 170K)

Can I abuse Vylons with this??
Kayest loop can still flood the board with links

Are sylvans playable??

I remember in the final ending for the 5Ds series, OR AT LEAST I THINK IT WAS THAT SERIES (definitely the same characters), the enemy pretty much had a anti-synchro version of a relinquished but white in color and it could absorb synchros. Does anyone know if that is an actual card or was it just for the Anime?

Attached: Untitled.png (831x400, 828K)

I believe you're referring to Meklord Emperor Wisel which is a real card.

Meklord Emperors are all Anti-Synchro machine monsters.
Meklords themselves are all like level 4 or something.
They're *fun* but they're more designed to shut down a specific thing then an actual archetype on their own power.
Kinda like allies of justice.

you're thinking of aporia
he played meklords, anti-synchros.

The thing that really annoys me about link era is not JUST
...that the synchro summoning patterns were gimped because pendulum/xyz was too powerful
...that key cards like level eater and dandylion were banned for the sins of link monsters
...that remaining cards from the 5ds era were designed around certain cards being available and are now indirectly nerfed by no longer having enablers (quickdraw and debris dragon are jokes now)
...alternative enablers have not been printed
...that there aren't any link monsters that help yusei.dek
...that the only synchro support we ARE getting is going to be a broken secret rare from a future set

It's all of those combined. Would it really have killed konami to have printed a common/normal rare in code that allowed quickdraw synchron or debris dragon to do what they are supposed to do? If that's too hard, why not a replacement? It's not like yugioh sets would miss having packfiller#01375561 replaced with a retrained monster.

Attached: 1487993487294.gif (397x658, 964K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vlE06_Uuc9s

This
Fuck links
Long live white cards

Fuck you white card retards
Red cards are what the partisans play

It's cool that if you cram dark synchro, junk doppel, and nobleknights support into one deck, and include no other cards you get something that can function if you go first and draw well.

It doesn't completely remedy that most of the 5ds support cards were incidentally gutted, but it's a start.

>It doesn't completely remedy that most of the 5ds support cards were incidentally gutted

The majority of 5D's archetypes and cards were unplayable shit with no themes and a bunch of cards with unrelated effects. For example, Nordics weren't affected by Links because the deck was barely even playable during 5D's.

>Meklord Emperor
Many thanks friends

>red cards

So just Slifer?

No, he's talking about the secret red extra deck cards that are only given to a few chosen elite duelists.

Guys help how do i dealt whit this fucking piece of shit

Attached: Foto_ultimate_tyranno_conductor.jpg (350x350, 43K)

You don't

Oh shit, I'm sorry. I should've respected my elders. I'll go back to my orange cards and try not to get in your way.

Dark Hole, Raigeki, Forbidden Chalice, Infinite Transience, Kaiju, Agnimazud, Monster immune Master Peace, Lair of Darkness+Duke Shade or Lilith, Book of Moon, Book of Eclipse, Cyber Eltanin, Dark Core, Offerings to the Doomed, Tribute to The Doomed, Share the Pain, Lightning Vortex, Santa Claws, Volcanic Queen, Foolish Burial Goods, dump Blaze Accelerator Reload use effect to dump Volcanic Scattershot, Tokens into Borreload, Mind Control, Summon a Subterror while having Fiendess in hand, Monarchs, Dark Dust Spirit, Instant Fusion into Millennium-Eyes Restrict, banish Shiranui Spiritmaster, Fairy Tail - Snow, Fairy Tail - Luna, Five-Rainbow Magician, Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom, Fuse whatever they flip face down, The Monarchs Stormforth, Soul Exchange, Fire King Avatar Arvata, Nekroz of Trishula, another UCT

>synchro summoning patterns were gimped because pendulum/xyz was too powerful
So, I'm going to say something you probably are not going to like. Each of those 3 things saved this shity card game together, equally, due to their ability to revitalize gen1 decks.
>1. Sync vs xyz
Syncs are significantly more ATK oriented, while XYZ is significantly more Effect oriented; obviously this is a general statement. Point is, if I have a gen1 OG deck, all I have to do is pop in a few syncrhos. That's is, just adding 2-4 syncrho cards allows me to build up a fairly ok deck by now adding whites and blacks to my Extra.
>2. 4 star barrier
We both know that placing any card above 4stars into a deck (that's not a Lv card or garbage for rituals) was cancer. Originally, when the game centered around fusions and monster sacrifices, high level cares mattered. Once we started getting enablers/themed sets, some pretty powerful cards and their effects got locked away. Guess what, pendulum changed. 5, 6, 7, & 8+star cards now actually have a place in this meta besides being ritual trash.

YGO is not nearly as popular as it once was, even the company that owns this shit is trying to branch away with another product. The three things you just listed, pretty much saved this game. Furthermore, no clue what link summoning is- but it sounds like trash.

I play imaginary online and have fun playing synchros, fuck trying to find people to play with IRL, fuck waiting for cards to come over and fuck dealing with rarity shifting fuckery.

If you have no idea what the guy is talking about why are you trying to lecture him on things?

earthbound immortals

tcg dosent even have it yet

I'm not an expert either, I just do a lot of card game stuff.

IMO, yugioh can be separated into distinct super-eras.

yugioh, gx: The slow era.
5ds-zexal: The attrition era.
zexal: The archetype era. Architypes distinctly became more powerful and synergistic with the windups/inzector set. Before this set, archetypes were sloppy.
vrains-present: the breakneck era. The late game is turn 2 and you need to fight through 2-3 negations if you go second.

The last era I played was attrition era, so I'm just out of touch. dislike the direction of the game, but I'm not really qualified to harp on it too much.

That said, konami made rules so that my dusty plants deck can't make shooting star anymore, and everything good is banned. I did research and messed around with making decks in current era, but synchro blows right now. You can post gimmick videos on youtube, but those decks are outliers that hide the real damage that was done to the mechanic.

Got a rules question for you all, couldn't find the relevant ruling.

Player 1 ritual summons Shinobaroness Peacock.
Player 2 does not activate spell or trap cards in response to the ritual spell or the ritual summon.
Player 1 activates Shinobaroness' ETB effect to shuffle up to 3 of player 2's spell or trap cards into their deck.
Can Player 2 activate one of the targeted cards in response?

Not sure how the timing on the effect works, I'm sure I am missing something obvious but I just honestly can't recall.

Summing up what he said; why are cards in a new format, and the new meta that fallows it, no longer viable. The answer to this question is self evident, if you are unwilling to link monsters or going to limit yourself to synchros then you will do well. Simple and clean, that's it. Now, granted, if you've invested money into this then I can understand the frustration. I only ever play this game online, so looking through digital cards until I find what suits my playstyle is not a big deal for me. Though, if you're spending money to say with the current meta then good luck with that. The companies made it clear now they will ban cards out the fucking package. . . So you're just fucked buying real cards.

I'm pretty sure the effect would activate after the summon, being that the summon is needed for the effect to take place. . . and I know you can chain the activation of a card in relation to an effect. Pretty sure they can, but I'm iffy on it as it's just a gut call on my part.

That part was something that I thought would happen, my question is more related to the timing.

As far as I see it, they can chain relevant spell speed cards to the effect activation, but if they don't and the player moves to choosing the cards (since the effect doesn't target) at that point the other player has missed the timing. I'm not sure whether when I say "effect activates" and the other player says "go ahead", that means I choose three cards, and they can't activate one of those cards in response.

This is the relevant wording, for reference:
"If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can shuffle up to 3 Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls into the Deck, then you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Spirit monster from your Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions."

I believe that the timing is "can respond to the ritual spell, can respond to the effect activating, cannot respond when the cards to shuffle are selected". Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, it is just that a non targeting shuffle effect is a bit bizarre.

Not that guy but I'll chime in. You're pretty much right.
>I'm not sure whether when I say "effect activates" and the other player says "go ahead", that means I choose three cards, and they can't activate one of those cards in response.
Shinobaroness doesn't have a cost and doesn't target so selecting the cards to shuffle back is all part of the effect. If the opponent lets the effect go through, then they cannot activate any cards in response to you selecting said cards because the effect is already resolving.

I’ve been putting together a six sam deck recently and the core of the deck is working nice, but are there any reasons to ever use a non-six sam extra deck monster instead of synchroing Shi En or fusing into Rihan?

Can I get a little critique on my BA deck? Aside from Cherubini obviously only being OCG-only for now and thus being illegal in Western territories, I own this deck IRL, took it with me to regionals back in February and got 3/2 with it but I bricked super badly in one game there and it's kinda shaken my confidence a little

Attached: abandon all hope ye who play against this deck.png (1360x768, 1.27M)

Just ask in /dng/. You'll get answers there.

I summon Thicc Bih in the missionary position

Attached: BB77B2FC-19AE-4135-BB88-D9291D6647CD.png (476x695, 880K)

It's ok for old cards/decks to not be competitively viable.

It's ok to support a card type up to early 2018 and then suddenly stop supporting it. Everything has to end at some point, if only temporarily.

It's also ok to criticize poor design decisions. Synchro isn't some ancient mechanic or strategy like fucking clown stall. It's an iconic mechanic that's used in part for the final most epic monster of the last series and was presented as an equal to other mechanics. It's also not an inherently weak mechanic, it's only artificially weak due to drastic rules changes and a new ban list shutting down the best support.

Link summoning looks like it's designed to be the cleanest mechanic yet, and moving forward, that in itself is good for the game. However, this quality comes at a cost, and that is how you can't print generic link monsters as an equalizer without them also being abused by the best engines. The mechanic is also on a hair trigger, synchros now are garbage, but needlefiber is degenerate. I'm concerned that the implementation of links will be impossible to balance, just like pendulum,

Pure Predaplants.

subterrors

inb4 guru memes

The newest mechanic is always going to be abused by the best deck, its really not worth worrying about because it will always happen.

When are we going to get another meta ritual deck, I have been playing Nekroz for 3 years now please help me

Never, unless Konami makes Ritual Pendulums that can abuse Electrumite.

It hurts me deep down, Konami won't even let us have shruit back at 1, in the OCG it's at fucking 2

Rituals peaked with Nekroz. Any new Ritual archetypes will always be compared to them and will be called shit unless they're better than Nekroz. The Ritual Monsters being able to discard themselves to activate effects won't be done again and even if it was it would have to be better than Nekroz for players to consider it good.

All the Nekroz cards could go to 3 and it would be a balanced deck this format, as long as Releaser remains banned.

I was always a proponent of getting YGO to slow down via 2card limit or increase to minimum deck. If anything, things are faster now.

That being said, if I where to fix link summoning; get rid of the ex-monster card zone, instead links can be summoned anywhere onto the monster card zone. Furthermore, if a link monster points to your back row (spell/trap) those areas can be used to Extra deck summons. I'd also start making more cards that pointed upward so your opponent could get in a few early summons from your link monsters.

This is where I see the game going once a new system is added, similarly to how pendulum was consolidated to make room for links.

cannon soldier+last will

I feel like every attempt to slow the game down with artificial limits like "you can only special summon x many times per turn" completely ignore large parts of the game.

Shurit is at 2 and releaser is at 3 in the OCG, Nekroz is still rouge tier at best.

Vendread isn't good because the shiranui engine is just better. Shinobirds are just bad.

The new rituals suck
Even perfect herald is better

At this point, someone will find a way to pump out monsters. Limiting players to two of a kind does it. As of right now, on average, you only need 5 monsters and 5 support to build a successful strategy. Three of each and you're already at 30 cards. Add in 10 of whatever everyone else plays as backup to their main strat and you are done.

Now, if it was me, you'd only be able to have 2 of a kind and a 50 card deck minimum. This way you'd be forced to use two main strategies at around 20cards a pop while still have the 10 cards dedicated to seek/shuffle your deck. This would indeed slow the game down by simply forcing more cards into the game.

So your idea is to make people shove more engines into their deck?
Oh no, now my deck is slightly more inconsistent but still filled with search cards and draw power.