Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

SPACE CRUSADE edition.

>Necron Preview
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/preview-the-nihilakh-dynasty-doomsday-arks-and-lychguardgw-homepage-post-2/

>Breaking News!
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=IKFZHeWL5hA

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Attached: 1510980751068.jpg (4200x2727, 4.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzjJqNV4Ei0),
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for not done BTFOING grognards who think new art sucks because its new

Attached: 5468479679.jpg (1000x560, 79K)

new art a shit

Attached: 1519019596143.jpg (1024x768, 433K)

Knights, harlequin, death watch...
Why do they feel the need to push the subfactions before every major faction has a codex?

>thinking this is any good

Attached: 1511319104693.jpg (526x571, 89K)

It is. Now stop baiting.

>tfw no plastic avenger released alongside sisters

40k art has had good examples and shit examples going all the way back from the very beginning of the franchise to today

Now post your figures so we can talk about how good/shit they are instead

Attached: DKKs.jpg (1210x684, 239K)

Whats your favorite lesser known chapter?

Attached: Final Duty by David Guymer.pdf (PDF, 957K)

someone should crop matt ward face on Big Bobby G

I want a qt3.14 Eldar Waifu like Big Bobby G, too...

Attached: imperial_guardsman_by_fonteart-d56kan9.jpg (900x1007, 119K)

Attached: Relictors_Battle-Brother.jpg (312x474, 55K)

oh im far from done with you groggy boy.

Exhibit A, this picture is straight up one of the best pieces of artwork 40k has ever spawned. It depicts the epic finale to the Horus heresy, the death of a primarch, and the fall of the emperor. the artwork is visually appealing and really gives you a biblical feeling.

Attached: 1521784130457.jpg (1920x1080, 1000K)

>Before every major faction
Orks are shit and even gw knows it

I swear I'll paint something new someday.

Attached: 20170603_130852 - Copy.jpg (5632x1540, 1.37M)

Kind of starting to worry that 40k is becoming like WMH, new releases are just alternate/improved versions of things we already have.

Primaris were not needed.

New Knights, while they are cool, are just the same thing in new Mini and XL sizes.

Meanwhile AOS has fish elves.

Not saying AOS is better, it's just growing and adding a lot of new unique stuff.

I wish 40k was too but it's been over a decade since we saw any new Xenos. (We got harlequins, but they already existed, just some new models and a codex)

We got Deathwatch
>aka Space Marines Variety Pack

and Custards
>aka fuck you grey knights

pretty good user, though I feel like he's winking at me

I was the original painter of this worried boi... I think he's part of the collage of faces now...

Attached: 1513051857470.jpg (1168x1172, 341K)

Exhibit B, this picture also depicts an epic moment in imperial history. The Cadian guard are beset on all sides by the forces of Chaos, and defeat is all but certain, but then Celestine descends from the heavens to save the day. this gives you pretty much the exact same biblical feeling but if you have a man boner for primarchs you simply won't get that feeling from this picture, because the hero is a girl and you are literally gay.

Attached: God it feels good to be imperial.jpg (900x505, 120K)

To consort with a filthy Xenos is HERESY guardsman!
*Blam!*
Now go spend some time with your duly designated female companion on the front lines.

Good taste.

Are we talking very unknown chapter?

Dark Hunters. Kearney fluffed them out perfectly. Shame his novel was never published.

Attached: Umbra Sumus.pdf (PDF, 1.41M)

Your dedication to this "new art is good" meme is commendable, but can we be serious for a moment and agree that it's actually garbage?
>art from 14 years ago counts as new
no

Attached: 1505453262850.jpg (800x1200, 226K)

Well, I'm getting some cheap Necrons from a friend, but I don't really care for them, theyr'e just an army to have for a hundred bucks or so. I'd like to build either a sorta soupy Tempestus list with assassins and stuff, or something AdMech.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-23-02-12-49.png (540x960, 154K)

Ruleswise, who is stronger right now? Ultras or BA?

I like both. Probably BA more - but BA don't have a fucking primarch and don't have much use for most of the primaris marines.

Oh dude. Dude. (Diff user here) Yes that pic you've got there is wonderfully dramatic and really shows just how bad Emp's situation is... but the artist's attempt at Sanguinius is freaking *unrecognizable* and just plain bad to boot.

(Why is Sanguinius so hard for the artists to draw anyway? I don't ask for literal superhuman beauty on the page, just something graceful and aesthetically pleasing instead of gonky.)

I'm lazy and haven't painted anything in a couple weeks, this was the last dude / first dude in the army
>It's not finished yet I know I still have details and highlights to do

Attached: IMG_20180311_181051.jpg (2592x4608, 2.5M)

Any leaks on DEldar?

Painting Eldar Wraiths in the Spirit Host color scheme (youtube.com/watch?v=ZzjJqNV4Ei0), yay or nay?

>it's heroic and dynamic because there's a light in the background
that picture is irredeemable trash.

*gains brozouf*

Attached: Golden_Halos.jpg (400x588, 155K)

Well shit, Commissar, I can't argue against those digits. I just wanted to show those stuck up fuckers that Humanity is superior in every way, especially in the way that counts. Oh well, I hope my Standard Issue GF is cute...

Stop responding to obvious bait you idiots.

No

Exhibit C, this picture demonstrates the contrast between the imperium then, and the imperium now.

in the top you see the emperor, a shining beacon of hope to all mankind, peering into the depths of space with his gaze of eternal justice, wielding his sword in defiance of all who would stand against humanity, and he is illuminated and well focused, the centerpiece of the artwork.

the bottom is an excellent contrast, it is hazy and dark, much like the uncertainty of the imperiums future during these troubled times. the emperors son is now seeking to follow in his fathers footsteps, but he is not the same hero his father was, even he is hazed out and difficult to see, but his sword is not, the very sword the emperor gave him to reforge his once mighty empire. in the bottom picture the sword is the focus and serves as a beacon of hope to all mankind, reminding them the emperor is still with them.

but if you hate ultramarines and are just a crusty old faggot in general, you will dismiss all of this and write it off as terrible.

Attached: 1493996160125.png (1250x1140, 2.48M)

Something about them always interested me but I never could put my finger on it.

Attached: Mantis Warriors.jpg (400x589, 39K)

no.dorn

How WAAC is your FLGS, /40kg/? Is it turbo-autistic unpainted tourney lists? Is it fluffy Deathwatch and Necrons? Is it ___fun___ ?

>all these salty grogs can't accept that some of their old art is shit and some of the new art is good

Attached: 1519181592900.png (516x565, 293K)

This is my favorite color scheme ever. I want to paint Celestine like this, with big silver metal wings and black and gold other stuff.

Simple, but might be quite cool.

sangy is a fallen angel in this picture, and the artist chose to not make him beautiful, likely because he thought there was nothing beautiful about the situation.

the bottom one is barely a sketch.

Pull your head out of your ass and deal with the fact that other people don't feel exactly how you feel about this.

the absolute state of your reading comprehension

My humble kill team so far (after nearly a year long break).

Attached: D4E78E18-B0FF-477F-A59B-44F3B260DE26.jpg (3872x1804, 1.68M)

Please won't somebody think of the German children?!

>all of these excuses for a sub-deviantart tier quick paint without detail

Attached: 1333070677403.jpg (1194x1704, 723K)

All of the above there's a pretty big community here so whatever type of game you want you can find
Even giant Titan battles

Also notice the direction of the flames on the sword. The flames on Big E's are facing downward, implying him imposing the wrath of humanity upon any who would deny their destiny; while Bobby G's sword flames point up as an obvious metaphor to his rise to lord commander and attempt to bring the Imperium back to it's former glory despite his hate for what it has become.

I like all the pictures and each of their unique styles, come at me grognard.

To be fair to user, the bottom one was made for a quick trailer. His analysis is still right though.

someone who understands art, finally.

Thoughts on blind culexus vs opponents who probably do not have psykers?

Attached: Culexus_Updated.jpg (250x375, 21K)

>I like all the pictures and each of their unique styles
you were never accused of having good taste

Attached: 1521435477782.jpg (1183x1753, 1.73M)

In this particular image I was complaining that he is flat-out unrecognizable, not just ugly. Every other bad picture manages to convey his identity without squinting. Messed-up and battered would be justified, but that's not quite what the artist got.

I need to base these guys, but I'm lazy. Maybe I'll buy some texture paint and slather it on or something, any suggestions?

Attached: TDs.jpg (2016x1140, 1.04M)

Attached: 1454614602101.png (946x806, 193K)

anyone know were to get black library?

Get some sand and do desert bases

Nice. Any new chapters planned for the next guys?

Only extremes exist here, our main play is escalation leagues and its always the same, 15 people trying to bring the models they think look the coolest, and 5 guys only there for the prize money at the end.

Renegade rules for the new knight when?

Slap on some swirly designs of similar gray shades, so you get a "changing" effect without drowning out the models' colors?

Amazon?

With the codex probably, it's one of the next three

Gonna add a barrel or maybe a melting skeleton into one of the pools later but for now I am satisfied.

Attached: bloat drone fin1 (2).jpg (960x720, 42K)

Sadly guardsman, I'm afraid you'll have to share your girlfriend with others in your platoon. She is quite a good shot with a lasrifle however. Here's a pict-capture of her to keep you warm at night in your shared bunk.

Attached: judy.jpg (150x150, 25K)

fags gonna fag, every era has had good and bad art

Attached: 1520596925449.jpg (1600x1503, 326K)

Almost the entirety of my shop are guys who regularly go to tournaments. So they're always prepping news lists for them and it's damn near impossible to get a casual game in. And most new people don't come back after one or two visits, so not much new blood. Decent guys though.

Oooh. Now that one I wouldn't call *good*, but I'd certainly call *nostalgic*. Ah old sci-fi with overwrought, clashing, colorful illustrations...

And one more of a couple marines I completed. Gonna touch up the plasma a tad and get rid of and get rid of that mistake on the right guy.

Attached: plague lads fin2.jpg (960x720, 55K)

... I'd like to request just getting shot in the fucking head, Commissar.

Think I'll try this, and then if I can't make it look good I'll try this

but if I like all the ones you like + all the ones you don't like, then we either both have shit taste or you're just a faggot, so which is it?

Attached: SoBCover.png (422x584, 419K)

Attached: old art.jpg (2018x2864, 460K)

Some other WIP - Im pretty proud of the simple Space Hulk Librarian conversion. The two dudes up front will be Black Shields from Death Guard and World Eaters.

Attached: 24D9A4A1-A510-49EC-866B-B4FBCD333A31.jpg (3893x2226, 1.84M)

Attached: oil can.png (1200x1300, 2.3M)

por que no los dos

Attached: Taco-Girl.jpg (1024x683, 70K)

a common problem these days

Attached: old art vs new.jpg (1152x1144, 924K)

Sorry lad, but I'm afraid it's mandatory. The last several guardsman afterwards reportedly ran straight for the enemy with only a trench knife in their hands. Still haven't heard from those brave guardsmen.

Digital art is trash, don't take shortcuts.

YOU IZ GONNA GET IT YA ZOGGIN GROT!!!!

Attached: 1269180-ork_weirdboy_super.jpg (185x208, 10K)

>tfw you forget to oil your joints and you get stuck for 300 years

i remember you. those other 2 units are just as good, you should post your whole army

>Be a dumb 8 year old
>One day my dad brings me and my sister a cool board game
>Has all these cool armored dudes with huge guns and a bunch of aliens
>Lol what are these rules? This is too complicated for a 8 year old, I just got done mastering snakes and ladders
>We just put models on the board and roll dice, still have fun
>Over a few weeks pieces go missing or get damaged because we're dumb 8 year olds
>Eventually get bored of the game and shove it in the cupboard to move on to playing video games
>One day dad throws it out because it's just taking up space and noone uses it
>More than fifteen years later
>I now realize it was first edition Space Crusade and I hate myself
Thanks for reminding me

Attached: 1488103908514.jpg (800x1066, 361K)

>300 years

The first art piece in the upper right corner is 30k era. He's been stuck for 10,000 years.

... FOR THE IMPERIUM OF MAN! I DON'T NEED NO PUSSY KNIFE! I'LL KILL 'EM WITH A WRENCH!

Attached: drawthread__5_by_lutherniel-d5l3ga5.jpg (620x877, 128K)

So, do you think it's reasonable to buy this: 3x SC Militarium Tempestus, 1x Celestine, 3x Eversor, and then sell the Taurox Primes and Commissars because I don't want them. If I can get like ~35 for the taurox prime NoS, it seems like it's a better deal than two boxes of Scions, since they're 35 a box, and I'm net paying 50, plus I get a commissar (Which I probably won't use but who knows).

Why is that fucking Yvraine there? I know the big man allied with them but you would have think he'd have the social tact to shove her in a closet or something when he's being crowned in front of his entire chapter. And Celestine that is NOT an appropriate use of a jetpack just use a fucking stepladder or something.

quality has nothing to do with the medium you are working in,
As if you are a freelancer you can be sure that you'll take every single shortcut you can considering what people pay for art.

Most people take art for granted, but don't appreciate that somebody spent decades honing their skillset to make it.

Simply put, you get what you pay for.

Fuck you, King Smurf does what he wants!

Finished putting together a LotD Razorback tonight but I'm not 100% confident with some of the conversion work I did. In the end I'm going to paint it up and just roll with it. I still have to paint a handful of marines, do some objective markers, and then work on basing everyone

Attached: IMG_20180124_144318.jpg (1748x2299, 524K)

Ah, there goes another brave guardsman. Didn't even have to visit her at all this time. How does she work her charms on those brave, brave soldiers?

damn that looks sweet user
i like the charcoaly look of the black

You Mon-keigh are a strange bunch...

Attached: Farseer_Macha-1.jpg (600x600, 79K)

Celestine is a Greater Daemon of the Emperor, she can actually fly

>Removed the black guy
>Beefed up the delicious barbarian lass

I don't see the Problem.

I dig the glowing eye effect

Thanks my man
Afraid those are the only members of the Dred Mob I've painted so far, but I'm going to work on the others this weekend. Will post some more when I'm done!

>How does she work her charms on those brave, brave soldiers?

Attached: eldar-allure.jpg (262x110, 20K)