Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

GLORIOUS WFRP ERP EDITION

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread: Please keep Age of Sigmar and End Times discussion to their respective generals.

Endhammer is welcome.

Attached: Czytanie-pierwszej-edycji-Warhammera-_bw59200.jpg (490x690, 242K)

And don't even get started on the whole 'One in four dwarfs is a women' thing, when they only have 2 or 3 kids tops. Shit just doesn't make sense.

Anyone know how to convert standard polyhedral dice to FFG Warhamer dice or have a guide or conversion table? I already have regular polyhedral dice.

Google FFG Warhammer Dice Roller, that should show you the dice and all values.

What’s the sauciest and very canon ERP pairings that could show up in WFRP. Wood Elf x Bretonnian? Loving Dark Elf x Human?

People actually play 3e WFRP?

Every lore entry for the female fey involves at least one story of them fucking a man, woman, or little girl.

Skink x Tilian Explorer

>What’s the sauciest and very canon ERP pairings that could show up in WFRP. Wood Elf x Bretonnian? Loving Dark Elf x Human?
Shadow Warrior Witch Elf

"Defensive
Weapons with this quality are designed with parrying in mind. You gain
a +10% bonus on parry attempts while wielding a Defensive weapon."

If I'm reading this right you don't need to parry with the weapon that has the defensive tag, so does this stack then?

For example if I have both a shield and a best quality sword that has the defensive quality

>Wood Elf x Bretonnian?
>canon
>Loving Dark Elf x Human?
>canon

Please never post about elves again.

Yes, it should stack. But it depends on your GM.

Some people like it. Eh.

>beckjann autist enters the thread.

Drunk Dwarf Trollslayer x Half-orc Tavern Wench

Human x human.

There's already five party members.
A bretonnian is often suggested but I don't think a medieval peasant or knight would fit well with the 16th-century aesthetic of the Empire.
An Ogre would never work for gameplay reasons.
A warrior-priest would have too much overlap with the existing classes.

Vermintide needs monster play option.
As a Skaven I am offended that the game is so no-furs focused.

Why is 3rd Edition not good? I'm new to WHFRP.

Thank you for exp clarification, even if I went to sleep first.

Last question:
I gotbone b player that only plays welves. The only ones are in the unofficial list section of mordheim. Is there one of the 4 in the mega that is most balanced I can give them?

Modding support is coming out soon so we might see something like that.

3rd Ed. WFRP is fine - but it is a drastically different beast to 1ed or 2ed. Consensus is that the system is essentially a test run for the system FFG used with their Star Wars games.

It plays more like a board game over an RPG experience.

Mordheim is the wrong place to go for balance. Just let him pick what looks fun and roll with it.

Tell me about Morhdeim. What factions are there? Is there anything Tzeentchy?

I can live with that. We got myself with skaven, an orc player, and welf player so far. Homework is to bring a peice of papercraft terrain to every game.

Oh then which version do you recommend?

What is best for epic naval warfare?
Dreadfleet, Manowar, General's Handbook naval warfare, or should I homebrew something of my own?

Man O'War

Should Kislev be its own army book or a supplement for Empire? Their culture and style seem distinct enough and with some imagination they might have a full army list.

Also what are Kislev's relationships with Middenheim? They seem to share a lot of similarities - more barbaric style, love for ice shit, wolves/bears, etc.

Attached: podborka_dnevnaya_03[1].jpg (550x791, 64K)

Dragon Ogre x Clanrat

who's making Chaos Dorfs besides FW, Mantic, RA and those two kits from MoM?

Norba sells almost literal recasts of FW

Core rulebook has the following warbands.

Cult of the Possessed(they're chaos, naturally)
Sisters of Sigmar(warrior nuns with slings a-plenty)
Human Mercenaries(three flavours, Reikland, Marienburg and Middenhiem all have their benefits)
Undead(lead by a vampire)
Witch Hunters(hunt witches, don't like the sisters)
Skaven(lots of dudes, lots of slings)

Town Cryer warbands, these varied from official, unofficial and trial. Fun fact, Elf Shadow Warriors were the only official warband to get bumped down to unofficial status because they were so damn busted.

Dwarf Treasure Hunters.
Orcs and Goblins.
Ostlanders.
Averlanders.
Kislevites.
Shadow Warriors.
Amazons.(for both Cities of gold and Vanilla Mordheim)
Pit Fighters.
Beastmen Raiders.
Bretonnians.
Pirates.
Dark Elfs(Cities of Gold and Vanilla)
Carnival of Chaos(from the Empire in Flames setting)
Outlaws of Stirwood Forest.
Clan Pestilens(skaven warband alt rules)

Then there's warbands from the various alternate settings that popped up in Town Cryer Magazine(Empire in Flames, Lustria: Cities of Gold, Khemri: Land of the Dead, Nemesis Crown and Albion) and then all the fan created warbands and alt settings(Border Town Burning is a great fan setting). So you're really spoiled for choices when it comes to warbands.

They briefly had a miniatures range and a White Dwarf army list back in late 6th edition fantasy, I think a bit before or after the Storm of Chaos campaign. Good luck finding the models though, it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

2ed. Fixes a lot of problems with 1ed, and is fairly backwards compatible.

Papercraft terrain as homework - fucking genius.

At this stage? Might as well go armybook, there's nothing holding us back.

How is Dwarf Fire Cannon? I wanna scorch grobi with a huge flamethrower.

What do I do?
1d4chan tactica and this guide contradict each other on many accounts

whom do I trust?

Attached: 1393236804081[1].png (800x400, 27K)

Play, find out for yourself and make up your own mind.

That's not a Dwarf way.

>thinking dwarfs don't work shit out for themselves
>that's a-grudging

Where are my fellow Brettonianfags at?

>tt
>n
I fucked up
I am not worthy of The Lady.

I played warhammer roleplay once in the early 90s. Some old lady killed me with a frying pan. Never played warhammer roleplay again.

WFRP 4e when

If we are going on pure background rather than rules anyone can end up in Mordheim for one reason or another.

Elves and lizards are probably the only stretch and even then you can come up with some "sent to find a magical artifact/track down someone who stole something from lustria" type deal.

It's hard to game while dead, yes.

that old lady was Albert Einstein

July.

>Stormvermin in tabletop
>basically S4 clanrats, nothing to write home about

>Stormvermin in TWWH2
>Merciless relentless unstoppable killing machines that take a beating that would make dwarfs cry without wincing and dish out twice more and then report for duty

God I love TWWH
It does such a better justice to many units than tabletop rules

So if I wanted to get into Warhammer fantasy tabletop what do I do since GW replaced it with Age of Sigmar? Is all hope lost?

They can beat mid-tier infantry and hold their own against most dwarf units but they get shredded to pieces by swordmasters and other true elites.

Could also refluff the lizardmen warband as mutant fishmen from all the wyrdstone in the river.

point is - they shred back
my favorite moment was when a squad of shieldvermin held 3 units of Grave Guard and a unit of Wraiths on a wall, when I decided "they will probably die anyway" and turned my artillery on them

Grave Guard died, Wraiths died, Shieldvermin reported for duty and got a name

and for true elites there's the DOOMWHEEL and Obamination. Stormvermings are still a great tool for their job

Reason is it shouln't stack but only work depending on what you use to parry i.e. if you use the shield you get the shield bonus and the other way around

Dwarfs listen to elders. Experiments are frowned upon. Vast experience of those who came before is more important than limited personal experience. Stop saying shit.

But I need to decide how much and which models to buy. Do I buy 20 Warriors as Dorfurson says or 30 as Tactica says? Etcetera

>TT stormvermin only good with queeks buffs
>queek is only good against dwarf armies

Change queek to be less specific and I'd gladly take him more often and make stormvermin an actual threat.

>nothing to write home about

This. I feel stormvermin should have a place like the Sacred Band or the Persian Immortals compared to the general rabble of clan rats and slaves.

Its a shame that most Skaven lists are very high up on skyre tech and moulder aboms (because they were popular because they were so OP, you can see GWs trend to emphasizing on those parts more and more in later editions ) and don't have a more Morrs or conventional army tactics list comprising benefits of massed Stormvermin or like piggy backing rat cavalry.

>This. I feel stormvermin should have a place like the Sacred Band or the Persian Immortals compared to the general rabble of clan rats and slaves.

They shouldn't and don't in the fluff, what you're describing are the white furred guard of the council. Huge ass rats with a ridiculous amount of grace and skill.

We should have gotten rules for them rather than just queeks buffs and would have in an 8th ed book.

>It does such a better justice to many units than tabletop rules

Chrace would like to have a word with you.
CWL got absolutely shafted in TW:WH2 to complete irrelevance.

Phoenix guard should have been the "rare" choice built only in the temple settlement. CWL should have their building shared with lords/heroes and be available at settlement upgrade levels 3 and up.
That or at least condense their build tree to include a tier 4 track and include them with smithing or elven courts.

Attached: Warhammer_White_Lion_of_Chrace(1).png (511x766, 1.04M)

>albino rats

Shit you're absolutely right. They're always compared to as stormvermin so i glossed over the terms.

Any case stormvermin aren't exactly the shock units on TT but the albino guard would and should have stats to make them top notch

Not really.

Get some army books, get the rules, find 2-4 other players who want to play. Build an army.

Profit.

That's carma for 8th edition

What said

The old books are all digital now and highly accessible check the bloody thread sticky

Otherwise check ebay or the recent explosion in 3rd party support under the 9th age banner (for minis not the rules).

EBay and 3rd parties will be more cost effective in quickly building armies than trying to use GW specifics from their webpage (because half got purged)

Cheers

Attached: lastswordspainbros.jpg (1154x656, 103K)

Awesome but where do I go to play any games? I don’t have any friends that play it. Do people in GW shops still play it? Sorry as I’m entirely new to this.

That I leave up to you, look online, find local gaming shops, find a local gw, there should be a group near you or interested people but finding them takes work.

Ah, I haven't even met Elves yet

the question is... why can't we take Albino Guard as Grey Seer retinue?

buffs he gives to Stormverming make him worth against any army in my book

eh, I run a bunch of Stormvermin simply because I really love the models and idea of plate-armoured warrior rats
that lamellar armor look GW gave Skaven is absolutely kickass

If you play in a GW your models also must be GW...hope your pocket book is healthy.

Otherwise browse your own community for game shops. I'm sure they have open game nights or events or hell even ask one of them to help organize a WHFB group. FLGS are often more casual to minis being used, more accessible than GW locations, and often more down to earth and fun. Hosting events is good for them...Its how they bring people in to spend shit

T9A gives them Fight In Extra Rank and also free shields
so they become really good at getting into melee and killing fools

What's to lose hope about? Rules are in the pastebin and you only have to adhere to the base sizes. You can proxy models yiu can't find and use non-standard ones. Not having the corporate restrictions has kind of freed the world in a sense, even if it means it's stuck at its current state. But then again, it's up to the player to move the time line forward through action. In your canon, maybe vlad does take over the empire, ect.

Elves are powerful on the whole but that particular unit doesn't belong where it's at and it's useless all around because elves have things comparable and better to it.

Would love to have albino guard. Frankly those small lore bits make the game better
Totally agree on their aesthetic. They are great minis but GW rules aren't really beneficial to them because Skaven have an abundance of wacky things superior....it's why slave/skyre armies were so damned popular

Did not know that. My mates and I stick to 6th/7th modified rules for Map campaigns. Honestly I probably would need to reeducate myself on a lot of things that go strictly by book. But I'll pick open t9a for ideas

Attached: zcamera-20171013_111738.jpg (1422x2064, 1.2M)

Technically yes, though some GMs may change it to specifically effect whatever you're parrying with.

Warhammer Fantasy tabletop seems more popular than Age of Sigmar tabletop, 8th ed/End Times included. I hear more about people playing 5th - 7th than anything else.

Hope isn't lost user. Age of Sigmar isn't popular outside of a mainstream/general audience, but the typical audience playing Warhammer is gonna be playing Warhammer.

I know they became a thing pretty late into warhammer's life, but is there any explanation as to what the fuck gorgons are?

are they a race? are they a rare sort of beastman or mutant? do they work with druchii willingly or are they tamed like any of the other weird animals they find? the model seems to imply they do so willingly

Attached: Untitled.png (777x1345, 1.41M)

Attached: bloodwracked sloots.png (1220x872, 1.54M)

In 8th edition they were sorceresses who dabbled in making themselves beautiful and were thusly cursed for their vanity into the medusea monsters with just enough memory of themselves to know their suffering and hideousness

>lastswordspainbros.jpg (
Source?

Wood elf x *underage Brettonian
Dark elf (forget the loving, they're all evil cunts) x human (likely a Hung)
High elf lord x ogre woman maneater

Last sword minis.

Two Spain dudes that are fronting up production for T9A.

They did some Reikland greatswords and recently funded their HE spearmen and archers

The dudes in . are their production sculpts for their next run for Swordmaster/White Lions minis under a Dragon themed armor

>High elf lord x ogre woman maneater

>Kilanith was never the same since his Dragon mount died from underneath him in battle
>he was always distant and aloof but determined to enter battle again
>some of the other Dragon lords and I jokingly suggested he find the ferocious "man eater"
>we actually piqued his interest
>we explained this she beast is a massive brooding monster who devours men whole and has never been ridden or saddled
>he left on quest to find this monster and ride it as his new mount as proof of his valor
>byasuryantheabsolutemadman.flames
>they're getting married next spring
>I'm his usher
>that cunt

Attached: 1520608397838.png (731x755, 160K)

What's the best way to play skirmish level games? Mordheim, Warbands, or that unofficial fan thing I can't remember the bane of?

Attached: IMG_2589.png (1948x2824, 356K)

>Mordheim
Has its own rule sets that effectively make it a self enclosed title. It's good but plays entirely indifferent than standard warhammer

>warbands
This is essentially warhammer lite. It's drastically reducing the needed points cost (max of 750 if I recall) to play. Its rules are very identical to vanilla WFB with a few minor tweaks that account for lower points

>that other thing
Haven't the foggiest

>warhammer skirmish
A limited print scenario book designed for micro level games as a hybrid between Mordheim and Warbands. Same rules as warbands/WFB vanilla

A minute of unpaid fanboy shilling.

Check out T9A 2.0 rules.
They look really good. Yes, some things LOOK different than WHFB (namely stat line) but that's for ease of reading.
Many things have been well streamlined and I'm glad I don't have to re-read shit 3 times to understand. They are better at wording than GW, that's for sure.
Magic item system was reworked too, but I rather like it. Its more balanced and kinda more fun than old one - and non-magical item options on your characters now matter!

Hordes have been toned down a LOT.
Rear and Flank charges have been buffed, meaning you are rewarded for maneuvering more.
Many armies need less Core (percentages are per-army) and there's no more Rare category, while Lords are mostly 40% now, meaning you can get by with less models.
What is most important, point cost fractions are gone, and shitty point costs of 3 and the like are few and far between.

From modelling point of view, Standard Bearers and Musicians no longer have to stand in the first rank (although they still have priority, in case you want to hide characters behind them).

Armies got some flavour back (not in this version, but in T9A in general) - Aspects and Kindreds back for Wood Elves, Bloodlines for Vampires, Dwarfs can now take those old Doomseekers with chain axes, Skaven get Skryre weapons on Rat Ogre champs, etcetera.

Aside from that, they recently released a supplement for their not!Chaos Warriors, which is basically not!Norsca as seen in TWWH2 (i.e. badass men and northern monsters) - which means more cool fluffy supplements will be coming in the future.
They also promised a not!Dogs of War armybook.
Also also all armybooks and rulebook are updated at the same time, so no more waiting while others get cool toys.

And check out the three "full" armybooks they released. Their fluff is skub, but artworks are gorgeous.

Last but not least, by supporting T9A you encourage 3rd party modellers that fly its banner to stick to FB and not AoS

It's balanced out by how overpowered the Lothern Sea Guard (shields) are.

But does it have pikes yet?

Attached: 1520710794336.jpg (500x500, 45K)

Are there any good 3rd party minis for Lizardmen? I know AoW has like 3 models.

Attached: podborka_vecher_22[1].jpg (640x649, 63K)

Mantic?

not yet, probably coming with Iron Crowns (not!Dogs of War) book

He said good.

Attached: salamandersisoe1459429681796.jpg (1000x412, 86K)

Yeah they need to reduce the combat effectiveness of LSG and bump lions

Lions need to be buffed in high missile def, armor (they wear heavy armor for fucks sake), high leadership, armor piercing, higher weapon strength (they're the only S4 elven infantry TT) and be granted anti large. ---> their role should supplant SMs as the elites that make people dread fighting because they're an unholy fucking wrecking ball

LSG need to have lower melee a smidge lower armor and costs more.

LSG are far too efficient as being the literal mainstay, and somewhat deservedly so but not in the context of outshining the literal Kings Guard

eh, like king, like guard
I see no problem with WL being wimps

>Eight-Peaks in mine! Mine!

Attached: fast.png (434x479, 466K)

From whatever angle I try to look at this post, it stays retarded.

Attached: 1513910487111.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

Attached: 1519670175051.jpg (264x362, 68K)

Wild Riders are S4
Though they aren't purely elves

>CWL got absolutely shafted in TW:WH2 to complete irrelevance.
only because the building they are from is a dead end. The axebois are great at shredding through early game spearmanii units that the high and dark elves have.

Ok thank you.

>Wild riders are S4
>in a reply to high elves posting
>discussing specially white lions
>they're the only S4 elven infantry
>high elves

Context boyo

Yah as I said either buff them or merge their building with smithing or elven courts (for heroes and lords) to make them more relevant as a lords "guard" unit. It would be a very simple adjustment that makes them relevant again

Elven court (white lions)
Elven court 2: (King's white lions, white lion chariot, etc etc )

Attached: 1521111456643.jpg (720x561, 65K)

Though the post was about high elves, he didn't specify that they're the only S4 high elves, he specifically said they're the only S4 elven infantry in TT, period. Elven refers to all 3 kinds.

I forgot that he said "infantry" though. Then again that doesn't -really- matter since it is the only other non-character rank & file S4 one I could come up with

how come warhammer fantasy never had anything this awesome?

Attached: turtles sharks and eels.png (2649x840, 4.53M)

That's not awesome. It's shit. Now fuck off.