Magic the Gathering Arena Beta

MTGA dropped the NDA today. It seems there is basically zero hype or excitement over the title and the only thing available is constructed.

The face of MTGA is this ugly woman Do you think the lack of attractive women in arena and the latest sets is going to screw MTGA's chances of any fans? Wasn't this supposed to save MTG and yet it's total shit with low viewers and ugly people art 99% of fanbase doesn't like?

Attached: MM1qej1qku_icon.jpg (768x432, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXrBBXmohqU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookism
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&format= ["Standard"]&artist= ["Steve Argyle"]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

24 hours status update for people expecting MTGA to save magic revenue and playerbase. Max views on youtube video about MTGA is 3.2k views at this moment in time.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXrBBXmohqU

random youtuber, 100 views, says it sucks ass and needs lots of work. Notice the landing page for MTGA is ugly woman. 90% of playerbase is male yet they are leading their art with ugly characters on purpose.

I'm still angry they've killed Duels for this, and I hadn't even spent money on the game

Dude are you okay?

That's a perfectly fine looking woman

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1510236195218.jpg (591x594, 69K)

why did they kill duels exactly? MTGA doesn't seem that much different tech wise

>this isn't working
>lets kill this project and start a near identical project while wiping out all the people invested in duels

yes, she is beautiful! just like this girl!

Everyone is beautiful!

Attached: Down-Syndrome.jpg (600x600, 27K)

Pay no mind?

nobody gives a fuck about attractive woman, except construction workers and edgy poltards who are 18 year olds like you.

duels was a shit format due to the arbitrarily restricted card pool. I believe Arena is also being developed by their in-house team rather than a third party, which is the most business sense reason to kill the old game.

They should have at least waited until Arena was much further into development before killing Duels. They used to have one product that was even pretending to compete with Hearthstone. Now they have none.

it's shit. Wizards is trying everything they can to get people into standard except for designing a fun, interesting standard format. Until its good again, nobody is going to buy packs or care about standard (which is the constructed format that makes them the most money)

>Wizards is trying everything they can to get people into standard

I was about to disagree with you, then I remembered that the new brawl format is also limited to standard only.

Attached: 4.jpg (600x800, 51K)

>No interesting format
>No anime waifus
Wizards this is not how you digital product, it's gonna flop. You either need to make the gameplay super good or get on the waifu train for free NEETbux.

I think it's going to fail because it focused on nu-mtg standard. Ugly angry minority women on every piece of art don't sell people into an already awful setting. The design team basically just picks a random brown society and makes the plane entirely off them now.

I signed up for arena but never got an invite. So my interest is nearly dead now.

EVERYONE gives a shit about attractive women you fucking retard.

Sex permeates every cell of our bodies because reproduction is the primary purpose of our existence.

You can't reproduce without eggs. Those are found only in young women. That's why ALL healthy guys just want to hump young women all day.

And that's why attractive young women NEED to appear on our magic cards in order for the game to be able to compete with actual sex.

You fucking impotent faggot sjw cunt.

Attached: 46[1].jpg (312x445, 59K)

People could ignore the lack of tits were Arena good but it fucking sucks. The UI is ugly, the summon animations are ugly and needless, the cards are ugly, the card acquisition pace is REALLY bad to the point where Hearthstone looks like philanthropy. I don't want to touch this until it gets a complete makeover. Not even tits can save this shit.

Man, you got issues.

art like this doesn't sell. Ugly angry brown woman in a full plate mail with no boobs does though. Keep telling yourself that.

Attached: RestorationAngel.png (499x498, 369K)

THIS IMAGE SELLS

IT SELLS TO KIDS
IT SELLS TO MEN
IT SELLS TO EVERYONE

USE IT FOR ALL PRODUCT ART. I WANT TO BUY 10 YEAR OLD TIMMY A PRODUCT WITH THIS ART

Attached: Samut.jpg (1024x768, 109K)

>brawl format
>standard only.

Saw they were making rules for a new format. Out of curiosity I decided to check it out. Got to the part where they explain it is commander with standard card restrictions. Literally the first fucking sentence. Said fuck standard and closed tab.

Around where I live every store's play groups, five in total, are all excited for new set. This could just be that it is a commander focused set and commander is the most popular format where I live.

I did. Notice their new brawl format has gotten almost no one to care about it. Which is fine standard sucks anyways.

Attached: tumblr_inline_nmuxhyPQnZ1qmrla4_500.gif (350x200, 751K)

It's a good thing MTG learned how to maximize sales. Ugly characters really sell well and get a ton of fans.

Overwatch is the best lesson. All the girls who play overwatch never touch the fapbait characters like DVA or Mercy.

Attached: af56d10d714fe155a9b50631a0d2f910.jpg (236x666, 35K)

>OO-OO-OO-AHH-AHH-AHH

Attached: chimpanzee-hooting-chimp-aggressive-open-mouth-expression-30954333.jpg (800x578, 73K)

These fap bait characters with nice breasts, skin tight outfits, and conventional attractive looks really hurt overwatch sales.

It's a good thing MTG arena learned the lesson that angry ugly women are what the public wants to buy.

Attached: QHO9qge.png (824x1200, 731K)

I don't play MtG but it's fun lurking in MtG threads these days

MTG must sacrifice sales, marketing, etc to portray ugly characters. I'm waiting for a representative of USA sizes in cards. I want 50% to obese. That sells.

Even if you look at products or games that black people generally have high attachment to they don't feature nothing but angry brown women. If anything the brown women in such games have soft features and aren't looking angry in every fucking picture.

With MTG you just know right away it was some SJW bullshit and not organic as well.

Attached: Menatsmall.png (659x543, 472K)

Flawless argument there, user.

You totally disproved the entire theory of natural selection and evolutionary psychology with that brilliant post.

Charles Darwin BTFO.

It's just obvious from MTG. They are shoehorning all design around politics while saying it increases sales. Then saying they are proud of the politics even if the fanbase doesn't like it.

They aren't trying to make a game anymore. It's not their goal. This shift in goals from making a game to SJW is shown in designer talent, employee talent, art, etc.

In a non-competitive market this could be ignored but increasingly digital games are owning their market of players. Their digital offering is now failing when it was supposed to be their savior and a huge reason is it features the latest sets and arts which are terrible.

If people want nothing but identity reflection in media why did MTG sell so well without half the card art being obese? What about pencil thin men in art?

How did MTG even have a fanbase originally if it didn't reflect the players in the art?

>THE GAME IS FILLED WITH UGLY WOMEN AND MINORITIES REEEEEEEEE THIS IS KILLING IT
>oh also the gameplay sucks and the visuals are boring
>BUT THAT'S DEFINITELY NOT WHAT'S KILLING IT, IT'S DEFINITELY THE LACK OF TITS REEEEEEEEEE

go on /v/ or Veeky Forums catalog and note the ugly brown women art posted vs attractive art. Which sells?

If this product had ravnica block it would have 5x more buzz. No one likes standard because MTG went full SJW. This is reflected in the art, plane choice, and in design of cards.

I mean, clearly "Man, you got some issues" is less an argument and more a comment on you're seemingly warped view of the world in which an online card game not opening with art of a sexualizd woman justifies some autistic meltdown

Attached: ubsoy.gif (800x323, 292K)

The art choices are a symptom of the disease. It shows via simple analysis that MTG is leaving money and players off the table for political reasons.

Attached: DV12kshU8AIRrl1.jpg (750x1000, 128K)

Kek so true

My gf didn't want to touch mtg.

Then I read about some cuck on reddit who got his gf to play by getting the mind vs might duel decks. I got the duel decks and it turned out my gf also wanted to play if she could have the deck with the blonde hottie.

Men like pretty women. Women like pretty women.
Why doesn't wotc like pretty women??

Attached: 3iHu7mGqFG[1].jpg (1920x1160, 1.27M)

>No draft

I would have paid for easy drafting outside of mtgo, but no, wizards is fucking up again.

Attached: Soydino.jpg (350x326, 33K)

The absolute impossibility to build the deck you want without buying a billion boosters is gonna screw MTGA's chances of any fans. Not even whales are that retarded.

No, women love playing ugly characters. Mercy and DVA have no popularity. Celebrity women are all ugly and angry.

Attached: e65c97ec45878b26b6ea2b4f2337a5ce.jpg (768x432, 64K)

>If the game doesn't have hot women, it will fail.

Literally all of gaming history disagrees with you. You see any hot chicks in Mancala? Chess? Go?

Good game design is worth far more than hot chicks in the art.

If the game doesn't have feminine women because of political decisions being all they think about it's a problem. When this applies company wide to employee talent it's a problem.

I am huge Vorthos EDH faggot. I picked up two intro decks in 2012 for me and my little brother in a toy store when i was 15, because we liked the art of the cards. Until this day, I only play with cards who are not ugly (and only have modern border, please dont kill me), and because of EDH, thats not really a issue. Samut, the creature and the planeswalker, would be excellent in some of my decks. But I really cant look at that art.

Sorry for blogposting.

>People could ignore the lack of tits were Arena good but it fucking sucks.
This is the crux of the issue.
When cards are great the art can be meh, When cards are meh the art must be great. If the cards are meh and the art is shit why are you playing this shit instead of any of the other 90 online TCG's avaliable?

what's not appealing about samut?

She is so beautiful and deep. The fantasy evocation of the angry look on her face and generic clothing / lore because it was entirely about SJW design and not interesting design is fascinating.

The fact she is only in the game to convey the WOTC political positions is the best part. She was made to be a black and angry woman before any other aspect.

Attached: GaCGmneipo.jpg (1920x1120, 477K)

She is basically the personification of liberal hatred towards their playerbase in a card. The design schema was like, we need an angry black woman who hates our playerbase manifested into a card we will sell to them

Being an idiot satirically is still being an idiot.

Implying they didn't turn the straight ass spiky Vizier into the curvaceous babe Queen for mass appeal.

it's also one more proof that SJWs are the real racists.

>MTG blog posts endlessly about they are designing everything for political reasons
>MTG self-congratulates constantly on the changes
>retards defending them ignore what WOTC says themselves about why they are doing things

what political ideology does WOTC have? I can't tell if they are republican or tumblr left, can someone help? ANy hints?

It's amazing that most companies have at least somewhat subdued politics but with WOTC it's pretty much a neon sign they flash at a playerbase containing a lot of people not tumblr left.

Weird. My gf just found a d'va jacket that she liked but didn't wanna buy it because she doesn't play. It's weird how attractive Overwatch is to girls. I've never played a game where I find a girl in one in every ten or twenty matches. Never. Absolutely nuts.

I dunno. Maybe the friendly socially attractive girls in the game?

for some reason an obese ugly angry looking brown woman doesn't appeal to people? Wonder why people don't latch onto angry looking faces or ugly fat people.

Why was anyone hype about it in the first place? We already have MTGO, which does everything we need it to and without ridiculous flair. How can you be excited for turns to last 2 to 20 times longer because of unnecessary animations like Hearthstone has?

Everyone with MTGO accounts gets a shaft because now their collection that they had to pay real money for is in danger... actually this one sounds fine, screw economists.

If it were free I'd be happy to play it, but it's monetized all the same.

WotC is in Seattle and 90% of their staff is useless kids from Portland-Vancouver community college gender studies programs because those are the only unemployable little shits that are willing to take WotC's shit wages just so they can insert their cult politics on any media.

>white libtard leftist in a coastal bubble
We need to put in angry looking black women that scare children in to the game. This will make people like black people and we will do a lot of social good.

>Jap game design
Oh yeah put in some cool filipino girl with big fat tits and an island theme with a cute attractive and socially friendly demeanor.

Eternal already exists and the digital version of Epic is in alpha.
No reason to play this shit.

No one was hyped for it. People were hopeful. WotC has released Duels multiple times before and it was bad each time (but sometimes not horrendous). MTGA is supposed to be a better version of Duels. Also, it is free.

I wish we had statistical analysis on how angry the brown and black women look in MTG art vs white characters. It would be amazing to show how fucking racist the SJWs are.

Wouldn't be bad if they fixed the pose, armor, weapons, and hair. Especially the pose. Jesus.

At least they didn't give her yogurt commercial Natural, though.

Attached: samut__the_tested_by_aleksi__briclot-dbhyxaq.jpg (776x1029, 142K)

this, kill yourself OP
Arena is shit though

>chess

what a joke

Attached: Screenshot_4.jpg (177x276, 14K)

It's okay. It's just a shittier version of MTGO, but you can grind for packs.
I played quite a lot during the beta, I'm not sure how they're changing the economy but there's a few things:
- You can't really do anything with cards you don't need or want. Sometimes you'll get some rare or mythic rare that you're honestly never going to use, but it's just going to sit there. There's a mechanic where getting more than 4 of one card gives you progress to something, but with rares you're rarely going to have that. So that can feel bad.
-Ixalan block constructed is extremely fucking boring
-The ranked system is really annoying because you have to do daily quests with a shitty deck against people at high ranking playing with their good deck
- It's great that you can actually choose to get specific mythic rares/rares with the wildcard system, but it's very easy to be afraid that you'll waste it on the wrong cards
- It's very fucking annoying to play with Adanto Vanguard on the field

Signed up in September, still don't have a code. Maybe if I hadn't got shafted I'd be even mildly excited about the product.

Same deal here, but to be honest I can wait until they put in draft mode.

the stuff you're saying is true but it ignores the fact that the gameplay is getting worse and worse at the same time. Just look at the bannings last year. Wotc is doing a terrible job at making the game balanced and interesting.

Have you heard of the concept of lookism?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookism

Having attractive characters (male or female) does a ton for a game even if it isn't stated outright. Even if it is virtual, attractive characters do a ton more for a game than what you ugly sjw dykes think.

Definitions of attractive can vary from person to person, but what can be agreed upon by most people is that the art in the OP's pic is not attractive, and mtg art has been showcasing ugly man-ish dykes for their art unlike in the past. There is a reason why steve argyle is pretty much no longer allowed to draw art of attractive women

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&format= ["Standard"]&artist= ["Steve Argyle"]

Hey, Huatli isn't super hot or anything, but she's not Samut at least.

That still won't sell cards. Newer studies shiw that while sex sells, sex only sells stuff related to sex or already sexy stuff.

Putting hot chicks in card games doesn't instantly increases sales if the main focus of the product, the game itself, is subpar

While true, intentionally putting unattractive humans on cards will always be only harmful.

Just achieved Bronze 1 tier or whatever that means. Daily awards (singles) stop after 30 wins. At this moment I find RG Dinos the best starter deck, after minor adjustments. Forerunner of the Empire with Needletooth Raptor counters like 90% of the meta right now. Most people are playing pretty bad, though. I predict MonoR will eventually be the best deck, since UB control is so soft to it and there's no Whirler Virtuoso. Especially with Ferocidon and Ruins being legal.

IDK, I'm looking through newer sets and it's still pretty much a march of dimes.

Please have sex.

You offerin, hun?

what sample size was the study?

Was it sexy women vs attractive women? What controls? did you read the discussion in the study?

News headlines about studies are almost always sensational.

If it will cure you of your delusion, sure.

I just wanted a better UI. Playing anything in mtgo makes me feel like I'm using a cataloguing program that was juryrigged to kind of play mtg

the dinosaur is more attractive.

Your commitment to your truth that these are solid sixes, maybe sevens at best, is admirable.

>6s or 7s

That's far too generous.

>ITT: /v/ermin complaining about a game they don't play

What's worse is there are genuinelly attractive native-american women still alive and kicking today. But SJW mentality, like the racist messiah complex cult it is, says you can't be "ethnic" and "conventionally attractive".

The best selling core set was the one with Chandra looking pretty as the key art.
Of course sex doesn't sell...

I'm honestly not seeing it. The Nerd Culture War dudes make it sound like the art's full of BEAUTIFUL AT ANY SIZE genderfluid girls, but basically everything I'm seeing is pretty well this side of "plain". Maybe my sensors aren't calibrated right, since I can't recall ever getting thirsty looking at Magic art, unless you count the times the GOAT artists were clearly on their A-Game.

Attached: Wallpaper_Terror_1280x1024.jpg (1280x1024, 469K)

The /v/irgins in this thread have nothing to complain about, so they've decided to invent a problem that doesn't exist

>people arguing it's not SJW when the developers nonstop post about SJW stuff
Yeah, it just happens to be "reddit epic lulz dinosaurs" and endless ugly minority women because of an accident. We are just seeing things. Like the endless posts by developers and "muh black designed planeswalker" that is a generic angry black woman are not real things.

It's amazing that all the sudden the people going "yasss girl slay" to the tranny designer over the latest black POC blogpost about inclusion can't see any difference in WOTC politics or decision making.

>ugly fat tumblrina tranny detected

time to increment the statistics my dude, everyone want attractives women, read Plato before offing yourself

Attached: 1517623933601.jpg (1080x1349, 125K)

>MTG design meeting
They have a dart board with random minority races, mental illnesses, and bonus tranny in the middle.

"Looks like the new planeswalker is a brown, schizophrenic woman. Let's wrap it up that's enough design work for the day. The backstory and other stuff about planes we can do last minute. Anyway everyone celebrate yourselves on twitter and pat yourself on the back for making the world a better place".

I remember when MTG used to have attractive women.

Attached: 71CTNghUPvL._SL1039_.jpg (1039x649, 157K)

Shelter is my favorite art too i love this qt art so much, thanks for posting it user

Attached: 1521769315263.png (657x527, 14K)

This, it's depressing really.
There are hot women from all ethnicities, but they're so afraid of making them look white that they focus and exaggerate some racial traits.

There's a difference between making sexually explicit art and making art that looks good [which extends to attractive (for both males and females)].

We care about social justice at WOTC. That is why we have designed these amazing black women to represent the race to little kids in a positive light.

Attached: black people.jpg (792x768, 139K)

digits of truth

Attached: 68cdd5e4c3350399bdf533acfc291a3cd1cb4fa8b0a4dd2b525df51566e845f4.png (297x430, 74K)

This whole threat gave me autism. Please stop.

I really don't give a fuck about the characters they put on the cards, BUT

I couldn't miss the irony of them hiring this black woman to write about that Kaya character for Conspiracy. Kaya ends up being a thief and serial murderer lel, and her art has a stereotypical afro

The new face of MTG. Sales to skyrocket. BUY MY PRODUCT

Attached: buy my product.jpg (792x768, 103K)

>only thing available is constructed.
... Oh... What shame ... that the main format is the only format... truly a tragedy