Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2132: Paul Giamatti Edition

>Google Drive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chats:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules:
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Attached: Jump_OP.pdf (PDF, 5.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tjbrKseSURU
parahumans.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/venom-29-7/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/57712719/#57716782
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>No Sandlerverse jump
>No Tails gets Trolled jump
You guys need to get your priorities in order.

Attached: 1516181818982.png (350x600, 288K)

Victoria's outfit:
>wears a fancy ensemble hoodie-breastplate outfit
>tries to set a "practical" example for young capes while putting fucking metal spikes on her hoodie that bang into her forehead
>outfit took Weld and Sveta's help to make; was willing to go costumeless until Sveta & Weld practically nagged her to not let her dreams be dreams
>no sense of priorities. Decorates her breadtplate with her deformed forcefield in an attempt to externalise her psychological trauma, again despite trying to seem like a beacon of stability

V vs T:
>discovered her partner was a former Fallen and flew away to throw a fit vs took working with ACTUAL ENDBRINGERS in stride
>desperately craves approval from civilians vs deliberately inspires fear and awe in bystanders to save them from themselves
>still believes in a system that left her abandoned, and is already on the verge of collapse vs enslaved and traumatised the system's champions to wage war on a god, and left behind a roving band of nakama as her legacy
>constantly nagging about public relations vs conquered a city to make a point
>ran away from the mere presence of her own victimised sister vs inflicted brain death on an indestructible superheroine because she dared to feign blackmailing her with her friends' lives

holy shit victoria is even more useless than I remembered

The Virgin Victoria:
>Hangs out with a bunch of losers in a therapy group
>Got mindraped and turned into a blob by her sister
>Beats the shit out of unpowered humans to feel good about herself
>Was a hero for two years, was still a B-Lister
>Was forgotten almost immediately after getting shipped off to the asylum

The Chad Taylor:
>Hangs out with hardened criminals
>Deliberately broke her brain so she could mindrape everyone else
>Murders capes that are more powerful than her on a regular basis
>Took over a city in her first year as a cape
>Is so terrifying that most people won't even talk about her years after her last appearance

Jumpers!

What OOC powers do you like to hand out the most? And to whom?

Attached: power-bbestowal-personse28093doctor-doom-bestows-power-to-volcana-and-titania-secret-wars-i-3.jpg (500x785, 209K)

The names need to be more generic. Something more like "The Virgin PRT Agent vs The Chad Undersider". Or whatever Victoria is, I haven't read Ward.

Victoria isn't really anything, is kind of the problem here. Officially she's just a glorified desk jockey supervising some troubled teens on a psychiatrist's informal recommendation

What are some jumps that have protection against curses and magical effects.

God of humanity + Authority of the Beast EX seems like all you need on the chain

Attached: Hitogami.png (247x373, 103K)

What are those in

If you gave Taylor conventionally stronger superpowers, would it actually nerf her? How strong would the powers you offered need to be for Golden Morning to still happen?

Her powers aren't actually that weak, though. Planet-busting at the very least. Might be able to fudge that with "hax", though.

>>No Sandlerverse jump
His movies aren't a connected universe. (If they were then the world would have a lot of Adam Sanders look alikes). The only one I can think of that might be interesting is the one with God's Tv Remote.

Do you mean the controlling bugs power or the controlling superpeople power?

Yeah, but her powers aren't conventionally strong. Like, it's not an Alexandria Package, so it looks weak even though she can do a lot with then.

The Witches, Dresden Files

If I gave her a gun, would that be enough?

Are Heavens or Digger around? I'm wondering if I buy the upgrade to android as an earthling and import companions as earthling androids would they also receive the upgrade?

All you need to do to stop Golden Morning from happening during your stay is to keep Jack from telling Scion "you should kill everyone."

Scion will still eventually have that idea on his own, but the estimates we're given in the story as to how long it'll take are far enough off that the jump will have ended by then.

youtube.com/watch?v=tjbrKseSURU

Attached: 274.jpg (600x600, 33K)

>All you need to do to stop Golden Morning from happening during your stay is to keep Jack from telling Scion "you should kill everyone."
>Scion will still eventually have that idea on his own, but the estimates we're given in the story as to how long it'll take are far enough off that the jump will have ended by then.

Ahhh, the good old "NOT! MY! FUCKING! PROBLEM!" tactic.

You also have to stop Cauldron from killing you or initiating a back up plan.

>Planet-busting at the very least
They're not weak, and anyone who explains her powers just as "can control bugs" is being disingenuous, but I wouldn't call them planet busting.

>You also have to stop Cauldron from killing you or initiating a back up plan.

Why would they kill you?

Both.

I mean, it doesn't make her Superman-level, but they're not really weak in a raw power sense, either.

That was in response to the second question. I realized afterwards it probably wasn't clear.

>
> where does the name Madoc Come from?
Welsh. I study languages as a hobby, not enough to speak them but enough to grab words here and there. Figured it fit.

Some of the connections seem really tenous with basically just reused jokes or props.

Cauldron is not very smart.

Reminder that Doctor Mother thought it would be a good idea to play "antagonize the girl with super strength who loses control of her body and reflexively murders people when she's stressed."

You just doomed all the earths from their perspective and put back decades of work. I'd expect them to be pretty pissed at you.

Sandlerverse is just a better name than Generic Adam Sandler, which is what I assume this theoretical jump would be in practice.

>Reminder that Doctor Mother thought it would be a good idea to play "antagonize the girl with super strength who loses control of her body and reflexively murders people when she's stressed."

IIRC doctor mother was already dying at that point.

She wasn't. Badly fucked up by the vial she tried to drink being shattered by Scion's shockwaves midway through, but not actually dying.

You didn't do anything though. Literally, the notable thing here is that you postponed the apocalypse by stopping Jack Slash from talking to Scion, they would have no idea it would have been of any relevance because Scion is invisible to them anyway, moreover you're invisible to them as well.

Someone is making jack and jill

The force to Vince Vaugn in Dodgeball

They deliberately arranged the Jack Slash thing to trigger Golden Morning early. They see Scion through precogs indirectly through the shadows he leaves behind or something which is how Dinah and the cauldron thinkers/precogs predict when he will rampage.

>Cauldron is not very smart.
>Reminder that Doctor Mother thought it would be a good idea to play "antagonize the girl with super strength who loses control of her body and reflexively murders people when she's stressed."

That's not exactly an accurate description of what happened.

parahumans.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/venom-29-7/

>Sveta hit the ground, and then unfurled. Tendrils extended up the stairs, encircling Scion.

>“Focus on him,” she said. “Oh god. Focus on him. It’s him and me, we’re the only people here.”

>The others were disappearing into the tunnel. Rachel, Imp, Canary, the Doctor’s group…

>“Can’t…” Sveta said.

>The Doctor headed into the tunnel.

>A tendril encircled one of the Doctor’s ruined hands.

>The Doctor screamed. I could hear bone breaking, see blood welling around the thin tendril of living razor wire.

>Sveta’s tendrils continued to extend, stretching out.

>Each one chose the Doctor as the mark.

>“Had to pick someone,” Sveta whispered. “Couldn’t focus on him alone. I’m sorry, but you’re the best choice.”

>The tendrlis found points closer to the Doctor’s midsection, crushing.

>The Doctor’s screams became strangled.

>Sveta coiled around the Doctor, burying the woman beneath overlapping tendrils, until there was a cocoon and a girl’s face, curled up on the stairs. Blood pooled beneath them.

>Scion continued his approach.

Hmm the witches seems pretty low power. I might have to grab that thanks.

>Cauldron is not very smart.
Really? How so?

see this I guess?

Again, they still won't know it was you though, or how what you do is relevant to preventing Jack from talking to Scion unless you're blatant about your methods.

>They deliberately arranged the Jack Slash thing to trigger Golden Morning early
why??

Because by the time he would do it naturally, civilisation would have broken down to such an extent that a cohesive fighting force would be nearly impossible (I think).

>the notable thing here is that you postponed the apocalypse
So, the thing is, Golden Morning is inevitable. There are ways to delay it, but Scion's death, which wasn't consider a possibility, is the only way to stop doomsday.
However, due to shit like Endbringers, Eidolon's failing powers, and general villain craziness, Earth Bet is actually growing weaker over time. They will be less equipped to deal with Golden Morning ten years from now, then they'd be today. Therefore, it's actually better if he goes crazy right now. That's the logic, at least.

Do note that it's been years since I've read the story, so I can't recall if their reaction when it happened was "yes, this is exactly what we were actively trying to cause" or "this was probably one of the better possible outcomes we predicted." Or maybe all of this was just fanon.

Because that was the time when they would have the most capes available to fight him. If they waited a few more decades then the cape population would decline due to more deaths, lowered population and not enough new triggers.

interesting thanks. I read Worm but apparently I missed a lot of stuff.

IIRC there is a scene where Taylor questions them about it since they know about Scion and Contessa could have stopped Jack. They explain they did it deliberately.

If I gave Taylor Natural Genius, Ordinary Man, Renaissance Woman, and Leonardo Da Vinci powers as her Shard, maybe combined with Enhanced Mastery, what would the time line of events look like on the escalation train? What happens if stations of canon are followed?

>Natural Genius, Ordinary Man, Renaissance Woman, and Leonardo Da Vinci powers
From?

Reminder to use sympathetic magic against Scion.

If you take a power, and didn't get them from Cauldron, you literally have a piece of his body jammed in your head, ripe for magical abuse.

A Taylor that is actually intelligent rather than somewhat creative and brutal sounds like a completely different character.

>you literally have a piece of his body jammed in your head, ripe for magical abuse.
I'd rather not blow up my skull.

>the cape population
It's actually less the cape population and more the rest of the population, and civilization's infrastructure, that's at issue - Fewer non-capes and broken communication essentially means the ability to organize is lost, and simple survival until "next year" becomes a larger threat to everyone than some nebulous threat to all life.
New triggers are never going to be an issue until there are no more non-capes - As long as Scion doesn't snap, the Cycle continues until the host species - across all dimensions - is saturated for maximum data collection, and then largely eliminates itself in conflict.

Where can I get sympathetic magic? I know Heavens used it to defeat all the Entities in Worm

Given Scion casually blew up North America I don't think the civilian infrastructure helped much.

Attached: 4da3ee7f7928c05f25e93f111f9edd979ac9ab41_full.jpg (184x184, 7K)

Natural Genius is from Petals of Reincarnation, it gives superpowers based on accomplishments and significant feats.
Ordinary Man is from FGO, it makes it so you can develop mundane skills and abilities to supernatural levels and eventually turn them into NPs, think Assassin's Tsubame Gaeshi.
Renaissance Woman is from the same jump, it gives you natural talent in everything you try your hand at and makes it so you rapidly learn more, its capstone boosted version causes you to learn faster the more learn.
Leonardo Da Vinci is from Petals of Reincarnation, it lets you learn anything that other people are willing to teach you, even things that shouldn't be possible for you to learn, and in general makes you learn way faster when being taught.
I was thinking of adding Halfway There from Petals of Reincarnation to cap it off, which is basically 'any power you have can be developed several stages farther' but thought it would be obnoxious if her powers were 'I'm every cape at once, but better'.

Attached: The Virgin Ward vs The Chad Worm.png (2518x1204, 339K)

Not for the fight, no. But that civilian infrastructure is what keeps people from starving to death, and keeps them able to talk to each other, or find out what's going on down in Australia, etc...

Why do all you people want to help Skitter, giving Zion therapy or helping Dragon are far better options. One option will end up with a space whale becoming dependent on you and probably doing everything you say, the other gives you a seed AI that can reverse engineering basically anything. Helping the girl who controls bugs is fucking stupid, most of the shit that she gets into once triggered is either her own fault or that of her shards.

And then there is the totally superior option of waifuing the Angel and then seeing Eidolons face when you ask for his blessing to marry his adopted daughter.

Attached: simurgh.jpg (850x1081, 178K)

>giving Zion therapy
Yeah that's the way I'm doing it.

A lot of people took the drawback to be Taylor/Taylor's Shard. They aren't thinking of helping her from the perspective of other people with their own agency, they're thinking about how to accomplish what she did from her perspective.

>Where can I get sympathetic magic? I know Heavens used it to defeat all the Entities in Worm
Something about that seems rather wanky

>giving Zion therapy
I, uh, kind of flew up to him and had a conversation.
[PROPOSAL]
[CURIOSITY]
[REVIVAL]
[ACKNOWLEDGED]

And then later with both Zion and the Thinker
[ALTERNATIVE]/[NEW DATA]
[CONFIRMED]

>giving Zion therapy
>Yeah that's the way I'm doing it.

This kills earth bet

Are the Endbringers even sapient creatures? I don't remember.

I dont see how you managed to do that

Yeah I asked him about it and he said "Skyfather shenanigans"
Here's his writefagging about it: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/57712719/#57716782
what do you mean? wouldn't it save Earth Bet?

Possibly? It's not really clear, but they do respond to people's intent and emotions once Daddy David stops mindraping them into being clockwork engines of extinction.

Helping Skitter isn't that great because she is kind of a terrible person. The fact that she is delusional about it, the protagonist and was abused doesn't change that fact.

Giving Zion therapy is incredibly unlikely to work. A mentally healthy individual of his species is also one that annihilates worlds. You might be able to do something with that perk from Watchmen or Exalted levels of charisma to make him more amenable to humans.

Unchaining Dragon completely is probably a bad idea because while she is a fairly good person she still has the shard (with it's standard conflict drive) and she would probably end up taking over the country because she can do a better job of saving lives by ruling it. (Probably true)

In a manor of speaking, they are kinda super computers with their own agency to complete the task they are given but must be given the task in the first place.

In what way? He is going through extreme depression due to how they absorbed human emotions or something like that. The reason he destroys everything is because it seems to temporary stop his depression or some shit like that.

She would become the second coming of Eidolon, but probably stay too independent to actually take advantage of Da Vinci. If she joined the Wards, it would be broken as hell, but that probably won't happen without your shard influence riding hard.

I have done all those things though.

We don't know if every member of his species destroys worlds, some might seek out the help of the inhabitants and knowingly tell them what they are trying to do.

The ability to communicate with eldritch abominations on an even footing, and having a prison that can contain anything in stasis (Tartarus from Demons of Astlan) until post-chain, when I'm a multiversal entity.

>Again, they still won't know it was you though
Why?

>Giving Zion therapy is incredibly unlikely to work.
Not if you have all the therapy, mind-control and charisma perks in the chain babyyyy

I, uh, basically pulled a Mice and Men on Scion once I figured I didn't have the perks or mindset to reconfigure space whale grief.

The rest of my time I spent forming the Justice League and saving the world from my failure.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't help victims of abuse if they are terrible people. I'm saying that in Brockton Bay alone there are going to be plenty of people that need/deserve your help more and you shouldn't single out Taylor when you could be helping orphans or something.

>what do you mean? wouldn't it save Earth Bet?
Him caring at all about humanlife is basically a mental illness on his part.

If he didn't have that sort of depression thing during golden morning everyone would have died.

I don't expect any of the worms to care about consent.

I guess when we say therapy, we actually mean brain washing.

>We don't know if every member of his species destroys worlds, some might seek out the help of the inhabitants and knowingly tell them what they are trying to do.

They aren't going to do that.
Their goal is at odds with it.

And you're judging this on the actions of 2? We don't know how Abaddon does it. For all we know other entities could have found that getting the locals involved with what they know is more efficient than just inserting abilities and letting them go on their own way. Zion and Eden could even be outliers, there is no information on the others beyond the knowledge that they exist.

I still say the story of Worm was nothing more than Aizen!Abbadon's keikaku.

My most favorite is a power morpher, similar to that of Kamen Rider and Super Sentai/Power Rangers power/suit-up devices.
I'll often have the morpher double as a Ki generator also.

It was most fun in Evangelion where I also introduced Megazord/Super Robot tech (along with artificial A.T. fields and some Jumper grade psychology work).

Zion and Eden do get the cooperation of the locals when they cycle is working properly. They just use Stranger, Thinker and Master (mind-control) shards so the hosts go along with it. It is in one of Eden's possible future visions

You mean the path that her PtV shard created? The shard that she got from Abaddon and never had before? You're judging the actions of the Entities based on the theoretical actions of one of them.

I have a tendency to form secret societies within which those most loyal to the goals of the organization receive activated Linker Cores and Devices derived from whatever the local tech level is. The societies themselves often involve technological innovation, especially in worlds where the tech base is still fundamentally "the sharp side hits the other guy."

Yes because to do otherwise is to expect wolves to become friends with rabbits in the wild.

PtV is NOT the shard that she received. That was one of her core critical shards that she accidentally dropped while studying the new shard.

What sorts of tactics is your personal army trained in?

Attached: 1307879286480.jpg (600x400, 54K)

A life given in the name of your Emperor is a life given well.

Attached: nS0huYP - Imgur.jpg (728x409, 230K)

Can't believe I missed this.
You fool. You complete and utter fool. You said it yourself; you won't be able to pull off the crazy bullshit that Issei does. And now, if he doesn't fall in love with Rias, neither will he. If you want him to take charge, you need to find a different girl to waifu. Any of the others will do, but picking Rias spells doom not just for you but for everyone.

>he says, without knowing the magic or methods involved
Something about that seems rather wanky

Turns out it is wanky tho

Humanity is Infectious from that one Haruhi Jump might manage to pull it off.

Attached: sos-dan line-up.jpg (798x254, 34K)

>muh heresy
>muh fantasy racism
>muh heroic fascism

40gay is childish shit, for autisitic teenagers and you should feel bad for liking it.

Whatever I upload them with.
Which is a lot because my companions and I like to play war games with an advanced simulator system. It's a good way to prepare for future fights and for choosing who gets the last pie slice.

Attached: THE FUTURE WE CHOSE.gif (450x192, 945K)

Things Skitter does with her stupid bug powers that she might still do if you did this
>Beats up a Dragon
>Robs a bank
>Fights an Endbringer
>Conquers a City
>Fights Legendary Serial Terrorists
>Fights another Endbringer
>Conquers the world to fight a God
>Kills a god
All of these would work with Natural Genius to give her more powers. Ordinary Man would be running through all of this, complimented by her tremendously boosted learning abilities, to turn into a ridiculously supernatural omnicompetant monster who can do everything you do, and more, and better. Certain combinations of Shard abilities she could learn would let her fight and kill Scion on her own. She's basically a Solar Exalted, particularly the Twilight caste, at this point.

Racism? They don't give a shit if you're black, white or yellow. So long as you die for the Emperor you're golden.

We need more jumps based on French cartoons.

Attached: 1521151010307.gif (500x279, 2.28M)