How should I integrate big rocks in my campaign setting?

How should I integrate big rocks in my campaign setting?

Attached: DY-ga2DWAAMfcso.jpg (1200x900, 355K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you mean sacred earth eggs?

Shit posting aside this is actually a really awesome question. Rocks and boulders of significant size would be major landmarks, ones of distinct or interesting shape or color could play a major cultural or religious role with the locals. How they got there and were shaped to begin with could be used to cement or contradict the form of their surrounding landscape. Some could easily be magical or serve some higher purpose.

Traditionaly, you use giants to integrate big rocks in your campaign.

Attached: Angus_McBride_-_Giants.jpg (296x252, 35K)

>Large boulders are somehow a Dwarf trick

Pioneers rode those babies for miles

By dropping them from the ceiling

>he drops his rocks from the ceiling
>doesn't drop them from the open sky

Attached: smug dragon.jpg (600x620, 214K)

>How should I integrate big rocks in my campaign setting?
DEEZ NUTS

No, but seriously HAHAHA GOT EEM

By introducing them to your players with a de-orbit trajectory.
R.I.P. that little island kingdom

Guys. What if the sky is actually a ceiling? And the rock is actually a longship carrying an invading force?

what if there's more on the way?

The Nez Perce indian tribe has some very nice rocks. There's a formation which looks like a bunch of holy men in robes holding their heads down. There's also the rock from which all life sprang forth, both formation ties directly into their creation myths.

I like you user

Attached: kekbob.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Important rocks are found everywhere! There isn't a single culture that doesn't have some myth about some kind of magical stone of some kind.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone

The boulders are like microphones for druids, helping them to speak with the Earth.

>And the rock is actually a longship carrying an invading force?

...So orks?

Making the players to watch the rock's alligment. Because, if the rock falls, everybody dies.

>DManon, what do Dwarven Paladins even do?

>a wizard has been investigating a ruined and ancient stone circle
>the rocks themselves don't fit with the local geology and once contained great magical energy
>he knows they came from a mountainous region
>there's evidence from the carvings and archeology call finds they were carried overland, rolled on logs and dragged by an army of slaves
>a freshly cut stone circle of such rocks could be used for a grand ritual, for good, or evil, a great power which must not fall into the wrong hands
>enter mixed party of rock hound guildsmen, dwarf masons, hired goons to keep them safe and mystic advisors embarking on a seemingly mundane but exponentially high stakes quest
Boom, big rocks campaign

Attached: John_Constable_Stonehenge.jpg (1063x678, 141K)

The world itself is an infinitely expanding flat grid of light. Those that fall seem to fall forever, but what actually happens is impossible to tell as there is no coming back. Giant stone monoliths emerge from so deep below the grid that you can't see their bottom. All the lands of the worlds are giant stone plates and bridges that connect these far apart monoliths, sometimes stretching for miles and miles.

Everyone has a funky yet smooth soundtrack that alternates between blues and synthwave playing in the back of their heads.

Attached: cool stuff.jpg (800x448, 35K)

Big gay space orks.

Tumblr teir fags.
>But muh childish sponge Bob meme!
Literally grow up and learn to entertain yourself with mature content.