EDH/Commander general

Wishlist edition

Previously: RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
Is there any already existing effect or ability in MtG that you wish Wizards would print on a legendary creature?

Attached: 272.jpg (312x445, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selenia-dark-angel-suicide-life-swap/?cb=1521824202
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/7cmcdec/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/ways-play/join-brawl-2018-03-22
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tetsuko-umezawa-voltronvalue/
magiccards.info/query?q=(c:c or c!u) pow>=4 tou=1&v=card&s=cname
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best copy general?

Bob's effect on a legendary creature.

Attached: rav-81-dark-confidant.jpg (672x936, 237K)

What are you copying?

Attached: riku.jpg (312x445, 65K)

I'm excited to resolve dampening sphere when mirari's wake, Regal behemoth, or zendikar resurgent is out

Sunforger or a hatebear on a boros legend. They could have slapped Mirri's abilities on a red and white creature and we'd have hatebear tribal in two colors that hatebear the most.

>Thread Question
Ideally, this would be a start for something in Jund.

Attached: helldozer.jpg (312x445, 62K)

The sphere stops literally none of the cards you mentioned. Read them again. All of those effects don't actually make the land itself tap for extra mana, they just add additional mana to your pool when the lands are tapped.
Sphere stops stuff like tron lands, Eldrazi temple, and bouncelands. About the only mana doubler it actually stops is Mana Reflection because that is worded as making the lands themselves tap for the additional mana.

Anything. I just want to copy and / or clone things.

Sakashima is a clone.
Lazav clones things that die.
Mimeoplasm clones things that are already dead.
Wort clones instants and sorceries.
There is riku too, but he is pretty mana intensive and has a big target on his head.

Birthing Pod, Bribery, Doubling Season, Myr Turbine, Stoneforge Mystic.

>Is there any already existing effect or ability in MtG that you wish Wizards would print on a legendary creature?

Invoke Prejudice

Yisan is sorta Birthing Pod on a stick

Ah, my b. I guess I can shit on karoo lands then

It also stops some of the most degenerate lands out there, like Gaea, Serra's Sanctum, Cabal Coffers, and Mishra's Workshop. But those aren't easy to see being played around unless your playgroup plays high power with proxies.

Fuck how do we stop Coffers and extraplanar lenses short of spot removal? I need stax-oriented answers

Yisan isn't even close and you should feel bad for even comparing them.

Contamination
Blood Moon

>Is there any already existing effect or ability in MtG that you wish Wizards would print on a legendary creature?

Do you feel in charge?

Attached: psychicbattle.hq.jpg (312x445, 48K)

There's a lot of good mana sink legends for Big Mana Black, but no good enablers.

Neither of those stop Extraplaner Lens

Attached: 120.jpg (488x680, 102K)

Well stop bitching and run more spot removal

Fucking Soulfire Grandmaster. That would've been the perfect Jeskai commander if it were legendary

Or Boros, for fuck's sake it would be like having a second battle cattle in my deck.

Would anyone be willing to give me suggestions/feedback on a deck I just threw together this morning? It's still in the initial stages and I'd really appreciate some feedback.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selenia-dark-angel-suicide-life-swap/?cb=1521824202

>Neither of those stop Extraplaner Lens

Contamination absolutely does unless they are in monoblack. Their lands will produce double black, which means fuck all since they can't use it for anything useful.

Attached: 53.jpg (312x445, 72K)

That'd be fucking great

Painter's servant on a five color legendary.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selenia-dark-angel-suicide-life-swap/?cb=1521824202
>No Lich
It's like you don't WANT to draw 30 cards off a Tainted Sigil or Children of Korlis and have a delicious 0 life to swap out with other people (Drawing more fistfulls of cards. Maybe be able to recycle your GY or skip draws if you do this...) at the cost of dying in one hit to Enchantment removal with no counterspell backup to protect yourself. Be a man, live on the edge! (it would also enable a hilarious Enduring Ideal win with Axis). If you just want the draw without the benefit of being locked at 0, you could run the new hexproof Lich coming in Dominaria. Land it after dumping your life, before using Children to get back up.

He did say budget. And there's not much like Lich on a budget.

That aside, this sounds like a hysterical idea. I sort of want to build this now.

True, Lich is a $30 card or so. I'd watch for Dom's Lich's Mastery, though.

>5 color color hatred commander
Oh god I would nut

What does Necropotence go for these days? Too rich for your blood or does a deck dedicated to tanking its own life have some other reason to not take it?

It's like 4-5$

Necro's like 4 or 5 bucks.

I never knew how much I wanted this until now.

>used a Chinaman Doubling Season in my old Titania deck
>friend asks if I still have it
>tell him I sold it
>can literally never use it in anything again for fear he'll want it

Attached: 1350360766945.jpg (555x526, 100K)

>Stoneforge Mystic

You mean Nazahn?

You could have just said no if he wanted to borrow it. Unless your friend is a big bitch about proxies.

Nazahn was a mistake, he should have been RW.

It wouldn't hurt you to find a backbone. How hard would it have been to say "Yeah." and when asked about any sort of acquisition reply "I'd rather hang onto it."?

What do you gain from using proxies while being dishonest about them being proxies?

Resolving this with 7+CMC.dec feels so good
>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/7cmcdec/

How many different cards similar to Head Games are there in Dimir Colors?
I'm looking to build -something- Dimir to have available to screw with certain combo heavy decks at my lgs.

Jester's Mask
Memory Jar, if you can recur it
There's tons of "search opponent's library for cards and exile them" effects in black

Attached: 1521827764324.jpg (488x680, 115K)

What if we had a legendary creature that was basically one of the swords on a creature? Which sword would you want to be creature-ized and which colors would it be in?

Attached: 51HG4gwKmhL._AC_UL320_SR230,320_.jpg (230x320, 27K)

Is there anything like Neheb, where you produce mana based on damage/life loss an opponent has taken?

Jitte, for the multiple abilities to use on a whim

Rakdos

Any non commander cards? Like an artifact that does it, or enchantment? Even a one time instant?

Not that guy but I think it's about not stain your own reputation.

Attached: 1521829130488.jpg (488x680, 131K)

RW

Attached: sowap.jpg (312x445, 63K)

Why, that one sucks

Because I didn't want to be the one to say F&F.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/ways-play/join-brawl-2018-03-22

So what do you think of all this then?

tl;dr
>60 Card Singleton Commander variant using only Standard legal cards
>Your Commander can be any Standard legal Legendary creature or planeswalker
>30 life

If sometime in the future we get a Jund Land commander, what cards would be autoincluded?

Pic unrelated.

Attached: vbmXajj.jpg (700x868, 132K)

>Standard singleton
>A format where a 3/3 for 3 is considered good
Yeah right, I am excited they will be printing new commanders tho.

I'll say it then. I'd play a Sword of Feast and Famine commander.

>tfw pulled a 35 cent rare in my "prize" pack of A25

Thanks, Gavin. You're right, this IS just what I was waiting for.

It's Tiny Leaders 2.0, and even with rotations, the format will be solved in a matter of weeks following each one. Right now, for example, I would assume Scarab God is head and shoulders above the pack. No thanks.

Attached: scarab.jpg (312x445, 66K)

I want to build GAAIV but other than filling up on tax effects and Mana Vortex, I have no idea what to do. My lists are always ten cards over and I never know what to cut. What are your GAAIV lists like? I plan to win with either RIP+helm or Approach of the second sun or just value creature beatdown.

Depends on how it would work. I kind of want it to care about playing lands as much as destroying lands, personally. Also, I think it should be a Wurm.

Has anyone ever built with pic related?

Attached: 67351_200w.jpg (200x285, 28K)

Personal favourite. And I guess in Dimir you'd even have ways to cast it at instant speed in response to somebody else's boardwipe

Attached: 80-1.jpg (312x445, 54K)

Dumb question but does creating a saproling with saproling burst reduce the power of the other saprolings on the field?

The motivation is pretty obvious. Commander is one of the most popular formats with the largest playerbase. They're angling to try getting Commander players to actually give a shit about Standard cards.

Inb4 Magus of Prejudice

is there any way to accelerate darksteel reactor that actually works?

Vorel
Doubling Season
Paradox Haze

Yes.

Anything that adds charge counters? Myr Coretapper, anything with proliferate, etc.

Any other effects in U/G that prevent my opponents from countering my creatures like pic related? I'm in a fairly casual meta so I don't want to run too many counterspells just to counter my opponents counters.

Attached: akh-180-prowling-serpopard.jpg (672x936, 173K)

Anthraxa (and other Proliferate tech)
Coretapper
Energy Chamber
Power Conduit (if you have other counters to spare)
Surge Node
Vedalken Infuser

Coretapper
Deepglow skate
Gilder bairn
Power conduit

Gaea's Herald
Leyline of Lifeforce

Attached: lol.jpg (312x445, 62K)

>Thread Question
Coercive Portal on a W Angel. Please.

Oooh I should run this in Teeg

problem is i’m not in green with little counter synergy. throne of geth could maybe work if it didn’t need to tap

So what colors are you in then?

>problem is i’m not in green

You probably shouldn't be running Darksteel Reactor then

grixis

Shai hulud, whos passing cleanses the earth
Whatever RBG

Legendary creature: Wurm (Avatar)
5/5 trample
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, put 2 +1/1 counters on Shai Hulud
2: Sacrifice a land, return another target land from your graveyard to the battlefield

Wurm that eats worlds themery tried for

Hi /edhg/

I've been brewing for Tetsuko Umezawa and I feel it could still use dome work. Do you have any suggestions? What should I add/remove?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tetsuko-umezawa-voltronvalue/

I feel like this scheme is destined to fail outside of maybe MTGA.
Things that appeal to EDH players like finding "secret tech" in your collection or having a deck that you can slowly upgrade over time aren't going to be present in Brawl.

>~ cannot be blocked by opponents who control more lands than you have +1/+1 counters on ~

Only masters set that I bought more then 1-2 packs of was Eternal, I didnt get h osed every pack because even the uncommons and commons were good.
The quality of masters sets has gone down significantly since then.
Remember when Masters 2015 had 2 layers of packaging?
Now the corporate fags are chain printing sets full of garbage with the "Masters" name on them.

Attached: Eternal masters.jpg (640x480, 272K)

It goes the other way though. Part of what appeals to EDH players is having to build within the constraint of their color identity, so doing that while also constrained by standard legality could be somewhat interesting.

Like how said, the Scarab looks like one of the most intimidating, powerful commanders out of the gate, but Standard doesn't give you the tools to mitigate U/B's inability to deal with artifacts or enchantments, meaning it has a huge glaring weakness.

magiccards.info/query?q=(c:c or c!u) pow>=4 tou=1&v=card&s=cname

Other than that, theres a couple little low value cards I saw. Like Hieroglyphic Illumination, or Fireshriker when all your stuff is 1 or 2 power.

>dat disgustingly good Titania synergy

Attached: 1341204732579.jpg (381x380, 35K)

I think I made jungles have T, sac: create a saproling, or target creature gets +2/+0 ueot, or target gets fear ueot. Probably stupidly over designed.

Attached: Vatar_of_Bloodied_Soil_new.jpg (752x523, 97K)

I mean, it synergizes with gitrog too. It's one of the reasons we want jund lands matter.

That and for borb and seismic assault.

We already have a jund lands commander.

What, you want some big dumb creature that has cmc 7 in a deck that always needs it in play to win? No fuck you, design a real deck, you are already in the perfect colors.

Attached: Image (18).jpg (223x310, 31K)

Need to cut 3 cards, what do I cut? Teysa btw, reanimation subtheme.

Attached: IMG_20180323_152944.jpg (3700x2309, 2.25M)

That's retarded. Edh players appreciate deck building challenges, not existential suicide.

Sword of Fire and Ice, most definitely. I would want to play it in Legacy/Vintage too if it was cheap enough (UR)

Yeah if I wanted to have additional deck building constraints I'd just set a

Literally all I want is pic related, or RW Godo, or some other functional equivalent.

Attached: nazahn_revamped_bladesmith.jpg (255x361, 62K)

Just play equipment angel

>recur an equipment
>same as tutor an equipment
???
What does the angel even do the other 80% of games that I don't draw KCI?