Magic - Dominaria

>New Planeswalker Art from today's survey - Vivien

Finally we got another POC. I really wonder what her abilities will be.

Attached: 5FTl1CY.jpg (1000x1000, 120K)

>I really wonder what her abilities will be.
Anti-Nissa?

>another POC
what? she looks white as hell.

also was anyone actually able to finish the survey? I tried twice and it went down for maintenance before I could finish either time.

I wish they could still design cool-looking characters

>Vivien hails from a tribe of forest dwellers whose homeland was already threatened by encroaching civilization. When her plane itself was destroyed, Vivien managed to escape with the Arkbow, a piece of advanced magical technology capable of "storing" the essence of any creatures Vivien encounters. After seeing the impact of civilization on her home, Vivien now travels the planes, seeking out the essences of new creatures on her mission to ultimately restore balance to the Multiverse.

Say hello to your new Garruk: Pokemon Trainer ecoterrorist edition.

>ANOTHER female planeswalker that is some shade of brown

Oh wow, I thought Wizards was pushing for DIVERSITY?

>a green planeswalker that isn't nissa
Hooray!
>She's probably going to be a righteous bitch anyway
boo.

>She's probably going to be a righteous bitch anyway
So every single person from Dominaria, ever.

>green planeswalker on Dominaria
>is not a Llanowar Elf

For fucks' sake just give me planeswalking Fingolfin aleady. We need a good elf planeswalker to balance out Nissa's shittiness.

looks pretty hot

Wait, I thought Planeswalkers could already summon mana constructs, so why does she need some special-snowflake bow to do it for her?

she's not from dominaria you illiterates. >When her plane itself was destroyed

maybe she's not actually a mage. being a planeswalker doesn't grant any inherent magical ability since the mending, it's just that most planeswalkers have some inherent magical talent.

>Finally we got another POC

...She's white though.

The way nu-Planeswalkers work they don't have summoning abilities. Hell, they don't even have to know how to cast magic and can still be Planeswalkers, it's fucking stupid. All they get is the ability to traverse, poorly, through planes.

Jace happens to be able to summon shitty 0/1 illusions, and only Nissa actually has some actual, but limited, summoning power if she attunes with the plane (elementals).

Liliana can also summon shades if she feels like it, but hasn't since Ravnica block. Kiora likewise actually summons sea creatures to fight alongside her on Theros, and was only there specifically so she could learn to summon the biggest sea monster on the plane.

Chandra can summon fire elemental, Gideon can summon allies, Elspeth can summon soldiers, Jace can create illusion copies of himself. I'm just confused by the lack of consistency.

Gideon summons allies by walking up to them and giving an inspiring speach

>Chandra can summon fire elemental
>Gideon can summon allies
>Elspeth can summon soldiers
In lore, none of these are true. Chandra doesn't know how to do anything but shoot fire (though she learned in Kaladesh how to 'sculpt' using fire), Gideon doesn't know a single spell, and Elspeth's magic doesn't involve summoning.

At least she is kind of cuteDoesn't Gideon use magic to buff himself?

If none of this is true, then why are these abilities represented on cards? And not just Planeswalker cards either because cards like Jace's Phantasm and Chandra's Phoenix exist.

>Gideon doesn't know a single spell
Now that's just not true. He's been described as learning "hieromancy" in his backstory (doesn't seem to use it though) and in the latest story, at least, "his shield spell" seems to be the source of his nigh-invulnerability.

Gideon's invincibility is more of a blessing he received. He just turns it on and off.

Because the abilities most Planeswalkers actually have in fluff wouldn't be mechanically interesting. They just make cards, like how Gideon and Jace don't have any network of allies across planes but Gideon's Lawkeeper and Jace's Archivist still exist.

>It's this thread again

No Breast? No Wide hips? How will she ever birth and feed children with that body manly body type?

Honestly?
Fiiddybucks says its a guy / "Transitioning woman" / Transfag

Sorry, you're right. Gideon learned hieromancy (which is basically restraining magic) as a child, but hasn't used it in any capacity since he became a planeswalker.

>tfw white people with darker skin are now POC according to /pol/

Art looks shit and generic though

looks more like a North African Middle East with an African body type. Europeans have broader shoulders and bigger jaws and heads.

>what if Jace was green?

He used it to hit Emrakul with the biggest, wrathiest Wrath of God he's ever unleashed. When it only slowed Emmy down for a few minutes is when he went to find superfriends.

>all this PC diversity discussion
We used to play fantasy to escape the shittiness of real life.
The shit is bleeding through everything, my will to live waning as it spreads.
The idiots are winning, and they're sure they're right.

Jace can summon shit, he does it in Agents of Artifice.

>hieromancy

What even is this in MtG? In IRL religion it's divination through the use of sacred objects.

technically they are right. The majority of humans are PoC. White Males just aren't buying as much merch and cards as they used too since they have less buying power than they did in the 90s. Theres much more money to be made in the white women/PoC audience than the white male auidence plus theres the thing with White males holding grudges agains't the company like with Warhamer Fantasy and Age of Sigmar.

>Theres much more money to be made in the white women/PoC audience
Only if they actually buy the cards.

I'm pretty sure it's just Lawful magic, because white mana is Lawful.

White Females and PoC are more willing to spend money than white males. White males are more savey and don't impulse buy. Like I can go into any game shop and 10 women and PoC will buy some random merch or cards for every 1 white male.

It's the magic of THE LAW. Can apparently restrain others, expel them from somewhere and object(like in a courtroom) their actions. Not sure if all this can only be done if in-line with local/planar laws. Also might be capable of writing new laws into place.

I came here from (((Reddit))) sick of their insufferable circlejerking to see what you grognards had to say about her and by Urza you guys didn't disappoint.

At least she's cute unlike the recent spat of butt ugly women like Samut, Kaya and Huatli. I liked Saheeli cuz she was cute. I'm not beneath putting my boner before my bigotry.

Pity about the problem haircut.

That's annoying. I hate it when people take RL words for something and make them mean something completely different, probably because they didn't know the term was already around.

Yeah, that entire event never happened anymore. Now Gideon just punched Eldrazi until he saw Emrakul on the horizon and ran, no Wrath involved.

I hate this.

They've basically turned the Jacetice League into X-Men style superheroes. They have ONE power and that's it. I suppose this is all in preparation for the movie they're hoping to turn into an Avengersesque franchise.

It's the concious effort of inclusion that's distasteful. I have no problems with the color of a character. The idea that it's better to make the majority of new characters non-white is reverse racism and a marketing tactic rather than just organically deciding a characters traits.
It seems forced because it is, and it's extremely distasteful.
As far as more POC buying MTG than whites, I've never seen evidence of this at any convention.
I just see Magic players, people I have a hobby in common with, regardless of race, the reverse racist would say "ahhh good to see more black people at this convention".
It's just the other side of the same discriminate coin.

These 'writers' can't even handle writing the one-note characters as is. Imagine if they had even more powers and options that would ultimately just be ignored, contradicted and made a mess of.

It's described as a kind of law-and-order magic. It can be used to restrain people but also to pull aggro in fights, which naturally goes well with his indestructibility magic. It seems to be sort of different than the "law magic" we've seen out of Azor and on Ravnica, though, which seems to depend more on writing, words, and actual legal systems.

Most civilizations in Magic are brown/black. White people don't really exist.

No issue with this tanned Nissa. My dick says yes yes yes. If you don't like it, you're not a racist. You're just a faggot.

Attached: 1521652414892.jpg (480x680, 77K)

That's it. Magic must be fucking dead if they still pander to the SJW and tumblrites. Time to sell my cards

who destroyed it? Please be Phyrexia, so that she spreads the joyous work everytime she uses her bow

Calm down, Jeremy. You can't get views on Veeky Forums.
I'm counting 13 leather belts. Is this Final Fantasy?
Only other issue is how fridge-like her body is.

Otherwise, she's hot and I'd like to thrust my penis into her vagina if you catch my reference.

Attached: 1518173493372.jpg (3840x1600, 1.92M)

>manly fridge figure with a small hint of a curvature around her breast area
>You're a faggot for not liking it
I'm not saying that she's unattractive but if your dick is going bonkers over this fucking design you should make look at your window one of these days

>make look at your window one of these days
Not sure if you're having a stroke or you just want to lick your windows

Attached: vanguard.gif (951x972, 73K)

Jesus fucking christ what was my brain thinking
>maybe look out your window one of these days