Flagrantly Disparaging the Emperor: The Thread

Alright you blaspheming bastards, we're rolling up a Heretical Cult! Give me 1d20 to see which hole you climbed out of!

Attached: 1521588048081.jpg (850x940, 156K)

Rolled 10 (1d20)

Chaos is begin to grow

Rolled 14 (1d20)

> Errant Adeptus: The Imperial Adeptus are as vast and labyrinthine a collection of organizations as it is possible to be. Disagreements and quarrels between the different branches are regular occurrences, and considered part of the intrinsic grinding of the Imperium’s colossal gears. In such an environment, illicit elements occasionally arise from one faction or another. Nevertheless, a rogue group within the Adeptus is one of the gravest threats Acolytes might face, as the Adeptus are the only group capable of mobilizing a response to a perceived threat on the same scale as an Inquisitor.

Adeptus Arbites of the God Emperor? The most trusted citizens of the Imperium, and you've abandoned that trust for False Gods? Disgusting. Roll 1d20 and let's what sort of deviant ideology you sick fucks subscribe to.

>it's a 40k thread

> it's a contrarian

Rolled 11 (1d20)

> Apocalypse Cult: This nihilistic group sees everything around them as a blight and wishes to destroy it. It would be an accurate assumption that every member of the cult isn't in command of their full mental faculties for some reason, ranging from chaos taint, mind-control or even mundane mental-illness.

Bent on bringing an end not only to the Imperium, but to reality as we know it? How much deeper does the conspiracy go? Roll 1d100 to see who pulls the strings.

Rolled 60 (1d100)

> Strict Military Hierarchy: The cult bases its structure on an imitation of the Imperium's military ranking systems.

You've arranged your throng of cult devotees into a filthy mockery of Imperial hierarchy. Roll 2d10 to determine the cult's ring-leader.

Your twisted devotion bends my mind even as I type. Roll 1d20.

Rolled 12 (1d20)

bumping. I love killing you spikey mon'keigh during a raid. love from commaragh!

Attached: dark_eldar__consecration_wip_by_beckjann-d4cj4zz.jpg (666x1000, 118K)

> Xenos: (if part of 'Multifaceted,' the more mundane nature is a guise) The cult is lead by a xenos of some sort. The most common type are the tyranid genestealer cults but it can also be led by creatures such as the foul slaugth, manipulative eldar, megalomaniac necrons or tau spies.

It's not enough that you abandon the God Emperor's light, you must serve the Xenos? Truly, you have forsaken all that is good and holy! Roll 1d10 the means by which the foul alien keeps you beneath his heel!

Purge and Scourge in the Emperor's name!

> *to determine the means by which

I can feel the maggots writhing in my skull.

Rolled 4 (1d10)

sexy as fuck leader, oozing with natural leadership

Attached: xeno.jpg (919x1300, 107K)

Rolled 16 (1d20)

> Charisma: Through force of personality or sheer charm, the cult leader is universally revered by his followers. His influence is felt even when he is physically absent.

The dark Xenos harlot leads you to fiery damnation with a silken tongue! Roll 1d6 to determine the resources you've plundered from honest sons and daughters of the Emperor!

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Five resources? Enforcers of the Emperor's Law, turned petty thieves and marauders? Despicable. Roll 5d20 to determine the advantages attained by unsavory ends.

Rolled 11, 9, 20, 4, 8 = 52 (5d20)

They will certainly be enough to end your feeble Imperium

We'll see about that, Traitor.

> Cover of Position, Shield of Repute: The cult has good publicity or someone influential to protect it from retribution.

AH, the common man is yet led astray by your lies!

> Advanced Technology: The cultists are unusually familiar with unusual devices, as evidenced by their use of encrypted vox channels, multi-spectral scanners, or even xenos weaponry.

Not only do you consort with Xenos whores, but you blaspheme against the Omnissiah with tech-heresy most foul as well?

> Otherwordly Allies: The cult has allies in unknown places and may not even know the true nature of their allies.

I shouldn't have known you weren't alone in your diabolical scheme, I'll have to inform the Inquisition of this...

> Brutal Weaponry: When forced to action, the cult uses simple, direct weaponry. Heavy axes, huge mauls, and similar weapons are common. More advanced armaments follow similar trends, with chainswords, autoguns, and bolt weapons being preferred when accessible.

Fanatics, driven by lust for blood, carnage, and slaughter. So base and primitive, yet sophisticated in tools and methodology... How deep does the treachery extend?

> Heavy Firepower: For a shadowy cabal or coven, the cultists have far bigger guns than might be expected. They make frequent use of powerful weapons in their battles, such as heavy stubbers, grenade launchers, or more devastating devices

And you've abused your position as Arbites to accumulate arms far beyond your means. A horrendous misuse of Imperial Throne Gelt!

Roll 1d10 to see how your adherents display their deviant faith in plain sight.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

perhaps they've had dealings with the goddess' kin and have been blessed with their "angelic" weaponry

Attached: Gallery_dark-eldar_weapons.jpg (682x834, 93K)

> Hidden Sign: A rune or other visual motif identifies the cultists. They might wear the sign on hidden pendants, hide it amidst other signs at businesses they control, or otherwise display it to those who know where to look.

An obscure symbol is the glue tying you upper hive scum together, perhaps a flamer in the hands of an ardent Redemptionist could put a remedy to that.

Roll 1d20 to determine the allure the cult has toward its misguided or maddened members.

Rolled 15 (1d20)

sorry sorry, shitty keyboard

> Knowledge: To live as a scholar in the Imperium of Man is to remain in frustrating ignorance. Mankind has forgotten and lost more knowledge than most xenos races have assembled by the death of their civilizations. The Adeptus Mechanicus worsens this crushing ignorance with their monopolies on technology and data, together with their stifling (often punishing) adherence to doctrine. Some groups appear to stand against the darkness, however, to either seek out the knowledge of the past or to seek new and abominable information. For a frustrated scholar, such groups would appear ready to slake his thirsts.

An apocalyptic-cult among the Adeptus Arbites, bent on indulging in tech-heresy the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Dark Age of Technology? Mayhaps your twisted souls seek destruction of reality via archiac technology, perhaps the two've no relation and there's not the slightest order to your madness!

Roll 1d10 to discover the sick rites and rituals your cultists partake of.

You skipped me. I'm at . I rolled a 16.

hownew.ru

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Don't be ungrateful. OP has great prose.

Attached: Chaos up in this Motherfucker.jpg (550x495, 67K)

I agree, that's why it's so important to me to not be accidentally skipped. I'm casting no shade, at anyone, I just don't want to be missed in a somewhat quick-moving thread.

Fool heretic, seeking to bend, twist, and break the rules when the rolls to follow did not adhere to thine methods! Truly, your soul is corrupt beyond all salvation, the God Emperor's cleansing flame be upon you!

> Mass Devotions: The most common form of cult ritual is a gathering of the cultists for a shared devotion. For some, this may be more akin to a business meeting than a religious ritual, as the defining element of mass devotions is a gathering focused on the cultists’ shared purpose. Such gatherings may have the cultists or their leaders remain masked and hidden from each other, or they may reveal their affiliation brazenly.

For once in this tangled web of lies, sublime simplicity! Each day, the faithful come ever closer to understanding, beware, for your fiendish deception is soon to be unraveled!

Roll 1d20 to determine which Dark God the cult's black prayers go to.

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Does this mean Malal?

> Nurgle: Morbid enthusiasms about death, but also rebirth, anchor the cult’s beliefs. Its members thrive on disease and decay, their appalling forms energetically eager to share their blessings with everyone around them.

Filthy within and without, worshipers of none other than Nurgle, Maker of Plagues, Eldest of the Dark Gods!

> Slaanesh: The cult is enthralled with excesses in all forms, and might pursue sensory experiences beyond imagining or seek out perfection in the blade. There are no limits to its desires and no sating the appetites of its followers.

Or mayhap you give praise to Slaanesh, the Dark Prince, She Who Thirsts?

No, yet other results lead to Malal's discordant taint...

I'm so far beyond heresy you can't even comprehend my true form, and so far beyond your rules you can't even touch me. I didn't understand at first however what exactly you were doing, and now that I understand that you're doing a lot more than just one result for each dice roll, the thread makes more sense.

Well I've waited as long as I'm going to, but as they say, an anteater doesn't concern itself with the opinions of an ant.

Spoiler: you are the ant.