How would he fare in 40k?

How would he fare in 40k?

Attached: Garo_crest2 (2).png (1280x720, 999K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/23577656/
youtube.com/watch?v=WsYItAMrHy0
youtube.com/watch?v=DuOrQko1c1w
youtube.com/watch?v=2oMpoknusJo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fine

Indeed.

Attached: 1521829736877.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Attached: Gyanon_(Ancient_Red_Beast) (2).jpg (603x373, 34K)

He looks rad as shit, so I'd say he'd do pretty well.

Literally who? He looks rad as shit.

Filename

Forgot my pic

Attached: 1515680622661.png (2048x1276, 1.7M)

Attached: 1521834021632.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

>Literally who?
Golden Knight Garo. Effectively the closest thing we've ever gotten to a proper "male magical girl" character. Except with giant armored wolves.

Attached: RedRequiem2.jpg (604x340, 55K)

I still need to watch the movie

Which one? There are several.

Attached: 1521830217989.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

Attached: 1521836133419.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Attached: 1521824138883.jpg (1200x639, 184K)

So was this a reference to the older animes? I've only seen Vanishing Line

Yup. I think both HnK/Carved Seal Of Flames, and Crimson Moon are referenced. Apparently it's implied that King was either watching events in both, or was behind the villains in those seasons.

Attached: garo-vanishing-line-2201.jpg (1920x1080, 598K)

Attached: 1521830432704.webm (640x360, 2.88M)

I thought that was Gilgamesh from the thumbnail but now I'm significantly less confuse but also disapointed.

Attached: GOB_fate.jpg (800x600, 336K)

impressive pauldrons and overly ornate armor
He'll fit right in

Pretty badly as he's wearing an armour made of demons, his family's heirloom is a ring fashioned from an imprisoned demon, he's constantly hanging around serious warp incursions and every generation of his family has been present at at least one planetary extinction-level warp event.

pretty good

>a Garo thread getting replies
You surprise the shit out of me Veeky Forums. Pretty obscure series.

I'm fairly certain that Horrors and Warp shit are so immensely different that Garo wouldn't be affected much really. For one, if Horrors were to exist in 40k, the IOM would probably perish in a single night, along with everyone else.

came here to post this

disappointment.

Honestly, at the frequency horrors invade and take over people in Garou, we'd be looking at the Inquisition just filling out the forms to have a planetoid towed in to destroy it.

Doomrider, is that you?

Attached: Doomrider.jpg (970x760, 111K)

The Makai Order actually HAS a Knight capable of annihilating worlds wholesale, the strongest one amongst them in fact, called Ohga. Most of the elder Horrors are still quite capable of tanking his attacks even when he gets brought out.

Also, I don't think the Horrors are reliant on the Earth as a means to enter the world. They just need for there to be darkness anywhere within the hearts and souls of man, or for darkness to stain any object or place for significant time.

Attached: 47c3abd370de1e0878005c97ef06fc5a (1).jpg (600x849, 672K)

Attached: garo-vanishing-line-2212.jpg (1920x1080, 664K)

He would actually do really well against daemons in general, and I actually think he might be able to do his job without being sanctioned. But there's one problem there would cripple Makai Knights in general: Their taboo against killing humans.

40K is all about collateral damage, and daemons tend to have massive amounts of cultists. A Knight wouldn't have trouble dealing with the daemon / Horror / whatever, but he'd have a lot of trouble with their hordes of mind-broken sword-fodder.

I mean, these guys are basically proto-Grey Knights, except Grey Knights kill a fuckload of people.

Makai Knights have no problems killing Dark Knights or fallen alchemists actually, and truly corrupted humans (as in, those completely swallowed up by the darkness) as well. Chaor cultists usually have one or more mutations that show their blatant corruption, and they usually do not act in any way that approaches what a Knight could consider "human", acting more like mindless monsters than anything else. I imagine that most Knights can and would kill Chaos cultists with impunity, but some would likely hesitate for a bit in doing so.

Attached: Garo-Kiba-The-Dark-Knight-Cover.jpg (857x450, 82K)

Attached: Dragon_Formation.jpg (708x363, 193K)

Attached: Edel_&_Nova.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

The good one

Almost all of the movies are good, with Beast Of The White Night being amongst the highest ranks of those. You're missing out if you limit yourself to just one.

He'd be alright.

Attached: garo-guren-8.jpg (1920x1080, 66K)

>Male magical girl
Isn't that just Kamen Rider Fourze?

>Isn't that just Kamen Rider Fourze?
You might be onto something here.

Attached: fourze-art3.jpg (1297x902, 290K)

This is nothing. There was that thread with the guy that storytimed his campaign in the Garo universe using the Storytelling system that got a fuckload of replies and even some drawfaggotry.
>Gentaro even befriends people by beating the shit out of them
Shit...

Attached: i_am_going_to_befriend_the_shit_out_of_you.png (680x383, 1.08M)

Do you have the link to that thread? You mean Storyteller, the crappy WoD one?

>There was that thread with the guy that storytimed his campaign in the Garo universe using the Storytelling system that got a fuckload of replies and even some drawfaggotry.
I too would like to know where this originated user.

Attached: garo176 (2).jpg (604x342, 26K)

He'd fare finely, but his job just got galactic due to the setting.

Well he is a KR version of Nanoha.

Found it:

> suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/23577656/

Many thanks friend.

Attached: Garo-Anime.jpg (1200x852, 921K)

So they used Maid RPG? How would that work? I've only heard of the system, seems kind of a weird choice to use.

When will the mods start auto deleting these threads?

So long as Nazimod and the Redditors dont have complete control over the site? Probably never. So get fucked.

No, they took the scenario from Maid, but ran it in Storyteller.

Ah, I've never heard of Storyteller. Anyone have any experience? I'd love to try and run something like this.

toku shit has always been male magical girls. Garo is just "hard toku" according to /m/anchildren with it's focus on sex and violence and adult themes

Storyteller is World of Darkness's engine. all stats and skills are 1-5 and you combine a stat and skill to roll that many d10s to see how many roll over 7, with difficulty starting at 1 and going as high as seems necessary.

NewLemanRussModel/10
Would survive and brake Magnus AGAIN.

He has a awesome theme song to boot.
youtube.com/watch?v=WsYItAMrHy0

>Makai Knights have no problems killing Dark Knights or fallen alchemists
Priests. "Alchemist" bugs the crap out of me.

It's been getting pretty popular lately thanks to the anime and the original series getting licensed.

Attached: 816726024516_liveaction-GARO-TV-blu-ray-primary.jpg (1585x2005, 1008K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DuOrQko1c1w

>13 years later and Kouga is still the best Garo

My favourite fight scene is probably the 3v1 beatdown on the train from YamiTera though. It really shows how much better the CG got over the years. Jinga's don't count for being too good.
>youtube.com/watch?v=2oMpoknusJo

Attached: garo-bluray.png (825x464, 768K)

Why couldn't he just settle down on the farm man? He was happy

>muh mamorishimono

Attached: 1414340953459.png (1280x720, 966K)

The first series is out in blu-ray!?
Where can I find it?
I have only ever found it in 360p.

Try Amazon or Right Stuf, they have good deals.