Let us make an m/tg/ plane

Last time we had one of these, our world ended up as a dying plane, consumed by monsters, a husk of it's former self.

>Rules are simple: click that link, post the card, and try to connect it to what the rest of the anons have came up with
magiccards.info/random.html

>Tribes?

Attached: 116.jpg (312x445, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

magiccards.info/random.html
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=1ZwpA4L7bws
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A law world, similar to ravnica?

Attached: 14.jpg (312x445, 64K)

Ok, with this, the first 3 cards are set:

>A Plane that is guided by the concept of "Hunting". The whole process behind the search and aquisition. There is a clear line between the orderly and the , for lack of a better word, chaos.

Attached: 86.jpg (312x445, 58K)

There's... a lot of shit to hunt?

Attached: 145.jpg (312x445, 80K)

an explorer for new hunting lands?

Attached: 86.jpg (312x445, 67K)

Well there has to be something to hunt, is it relics of a lost civilization? Alien artifacts? What about hunting other organisms like Zerg, and incorporating their best features into your genome? What time period are we in? Items to hunt would become more and more scarce as time goes on unless something was replenishing them.

We could have factions.

like, we could have a hunting guild thats focused on red/green mana and cities dotted throughout the R/G territory

giving me an excuse to bring up swords to plowshares

Attached: IMG_2826.jpg (620x400, 89K)

we could have them hunting a mcguffin like in ixalan

sad robot is the ultimate hunter

Attached: 25.jpg (312x445, 72K)

Wait, i have an idea. we could roll with a plane that had a post apocalypse (but like fast forward it a year or hundred), and there are factions hunting for old relics from the civilization that just passed, the blanket term for the people hunting ancient relics can be scrapperss or somthing

>magiccards.info/random.html
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=1ZwpA4L7bws

Attached: 6.jpg (312x445, 51K)

Outcast tribe of zombies, living outside the law

Attached: IMG_0475.jpg (312x445, 69K)

They are the chaos that lives to destroy the concept of hunting. In reality, they simply want to live in peace, but are constantly eliminated by the hunts.

I like it, but its kinda done to death. How about a plane that was previously peaceful and tranquil, had some native tribes at a low tech level. Then a highly industrialized plane (think ravnica or kaladesh) created a portal and starting dumping industrial waste on the world, using it as a massive landfill. Naturally a huge influx of modern materials sparked a change in society.

The monsters are big and about to get even bigger. Hunting is one of the most dangerous occupations on the plane.

Attached: 39CD48D9-B18A-4B04-A12E-1BF3AE79E6EB.jpg (312x445, 85K)

i like this idea, we could have "stalkers for the dump zone, or zones

Have a divide between tribals who want to preserve the old way of living and "new worlders" that want to incorporate technology in their lifestyles.

Dumping makes the fauna fooking 'uge

To this end, the faction that wants to accelerate the plane’s industry turn to technology they found in the dump zones to create a mechanical army.

Attached: 1B23E2CF-AE77-4BC2-AB57-BF3F16E2C58C.jpg (312x445, 82K)

And the beasties have all sorts of new mutations. Maybe a mechanic where creatures have "Mutation" and you pay a cost then roll a mutation from a table, some beneficial others not so much.
That would be pretty far down the timeline. A faction that worships tech like gods would be cool as well. Kowtowing to anything electric and regarding it as sacred not!admech style. In rituals they might wear metal and imitate robots appearance to invoke power.

>WG
Wanna stay with the old ways
>UR
wanna incorporate the new stuff
>UBG
Wanna crate anarmy outof the new stuff

I like the mutation mechanic idea, but I’m not sure how it’d be differentiated from evolve.

We could just do monsterous

I thought it not always being benificial would be interesting but I see how adding an rng mechanic might not be great. It would have to be at sorcery speed so you couldn't just play it as a vanilla and only use it in response to removal to try and get value.

i know we'll come up with new mechanics but what ones should we bring back, fortifications maybe?

An ant/bee hive tribe with banding

besides banding

Ok fine, but can we have an ant tribe? Army Ants reprint. How about Absorb for bugs, kind of a strength in numbers thing where you kill one and another takes its place?

Fuck ants bring back slimes or oozes with absorb

Return to Saviors of Trashdump 2 Electric Boogaloo
-Dangerously unpredictable mutants
creatures affected by influx of pollutants, born with defects. sometimes benificial.
-Unknown technology
worshipped by some, disdained by others as a perversion of their traditions.
-Internal conflict in native tribes
advancement vs traditions. seclusionist factions maybe.
-Pollution?

There should be a RG faction that sees the mutant monsters as a gift from the god of the hunt because they represent a new challenge.

Lets get more into the hunting mechanic, aye lads?

Magic drones have mutated to drain excess energy from the dumps, and purposefully mutate wildlife, making the outside inhospitable. This forces tribes to industrialize, and sell into the invading realms customs and industry, generating income. This further feeds the hunting addiction of the invaders, and perhaps strikes a fake sense of riteousness, and thus a false morallity to the hunters, Just throwing in ideas.

Attached: IMG_0476.jpg (312x445, 96K)

So obviously these hunters take trophies from their kills. Maybe whenever a ""beast"" dies you put a trophy counter on each ""hunter"" that damaged it this turn. A functional reprint of Icatian Javelineers would be cool, maybe in green and if the creature has flying it deals 2 damage or something.

This is a really solid idea. Good work anonbro.

>hunt
Provides bonus effects when a nonhuman creature dies

For example

-hunt, if (insert name here) kills (insert a creaturetype here) put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control

The beasts should be pretty durable though. I've been trying to come up with a way to make them resistant without just "protection from x" and this is what I came up with
(Keyword) Adaptive "x"
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, "creature name" takes "x" less damage from sources of those colors until eot.
It should only apply on the most recent spellcast but I couldn't think of what the official syntax for that would be like.

To simulate the creatures being challenging to overcome and kill, but still slowly succumb to their wounds over the course of the hunt, you could just give them the ability to regenerate at the cost of placing a -1/-1 counter on the creature. Or, if you prefer avoiding -1/-1 counters, just have it initially enter play with a number of +1/+1 counters and have the regeneration cost be the removal of a +1/+1 counter.

Each faction is ruled over by a powerful Wizard Lord, each of who seeks to master the new technology pouring into their plain in order to gain dominance over the other the factions.

Attached: MetallurgicSummonings.jpg (312x445, 72K)

Attached: 108.jpg (312x445, 62K)

The lance is one of the most common hunting weapons for those with the guts to do it using simple tools.

Attached: 213.jpg (312x445, 61K)

we could turn it into an equipment

Hunting lance
1generic
Equipped creature gains first strike
Equip 1

What's the point of doing thiws with random cards? Only thing you can get out of that is average generic MTG since you're just taking the average of the whole game. Might as well just have it be Dominaria.

God bored and did a mockup. Made it a little better than just first strike.

Attached: Hunter's Lance - 150dpi.png (413x563, 299K)

Why did you choose that shit art when the first art was so patrician?

MUH GLOWY 5+ WEAPON
MUH GRADIENT BACKGROUND

Chillax my dude it was a six second mock-up

Plus you gotta admit that's a cool looking glowy lance.

It's all the extra bling that gives that +1/+0.