Weekend Warcraft Lore General

The Earth Calls Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread:

Attached: 1458513893431.jpg (1010x1000, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OC9RZTD2MaI
youtube.com/watch?v=yUnUr9C0NDk
youtube.com/watch?v=xPoSAo7YFsw
pcgamer.com/warcraft-adventures-download/
youtube.com/watch?v=RR9mbBo2prc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>NOT MUH THERAZANE

More rum, Lord Admiral?

Did Illidan ever tell his DH's how he got rekt by a tired human DK?

Attached: fail.png (1600x724, 2.65M)

Myzrael?
Or Therazane before she gave birth to Theradras?

Please tell me that's a leak from the WC3 remaster, and not just some fanmade thing.

Isn't it from a Legion cinematic?

youtube.com/watch?v=OC9RZTD2MaI

Our thread soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=yUnUr9C0NDk

Listening to the first song makes me think of a more simple WoW.. Something like travelling with your party as you traverse the land in search of adventure.

A WoW without everything being a world ending threat and we didn't know much about the titans or the universe.

Attached: 46536453.jpg (1060x1500, 457K)

Let's put CRAFT back in WarCRAFT and make players equivalent of Garrison/Order Hall followers.

>the memecher
youtube.com/watch?v=xPoSAo7YFsw

Attached: 8bf[2].jpg (313x382, 93K)

Reign of Chaos > The Frozen Throne

New CRAFT expansion classes: Worker.

Three specs:
>Tower Builder (ranged DPS)
>Fortifier (healer by mitigation)
>Lumberjack (melee DPS)

I hate this meme.

I will eternally be low-grade salty that we didn't get a new female elemental lord to replace Rag in Legion. Not for inclusion or any shit like that, but because I'm autistic about numbers balancing. And it could have ended up as a nod to the flavor text on Cindermane Charger

Besides, who doesn't love hot chicks?

>who doesn't love hot chicks?

Attached: 1521730037299.jpg (250x249, 8K)

Does that troll just not have a face? I know he's wearing a mask, but the light shining through looks like it's passing through where there should be...well, something. Anything.

I don't think elementals have genders to begin with, besides Therazane for some reason.

Seriously, tell me that Rag-with-tits wouldn't be better than Baler--I mean, uh, Smolderon.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Attached: ruthless_execution_by_kerembeyit-d5xi5m2.jpg (1200x940, 1.84M)

>no fangs

Sad!

A quick look finds that Countess Verrall, Princess Tempestria, Imperean, and Myzrael are all female. And there's that female djinn art floating around somewhere.

I don't know how canonical it would be considered, but Cindermane Charger is noted as being "Formed by Ragnaros himself as a gift for the daughter he never had."

Wheres Magatha?

Ragina.

Hanging around the Heart of Azeroth, glaring at me every time I walk past, bitching and moaning about how I deactivated her immediately after unlocking her.

Burnstachio for Firelord

Grimtotem Allied Race (and unique Grimtotem models) when? She made a pact, after all.

>Shamans thinks that they recruited new Firelord
>The real Firelord was in Dalaran whole Legion, burning food to crisps

>And it could have ended up as a nod to the flavor text on Cindermane Charger
We need to go deeper.

Attached: Warcraft_I_-_FireElemental.jpg (376x562, 56K)

Attached: Warcraft_I_-_WaterElemental.jpg (506x766, 124K)

WC1's art was surprisingly kino apart from one or two drawings. I wish we could have some armor modeled after the old aesthetics, even if its just a throwback.

>apart from one or two drawings
What's the other one?

Attached: Warcraft_I_-_Raider.jpg (381x379, 58K)

It didn't really have a style or sense of identity though. Love it or hate it but they didn't really capture a noticeable feel until Warcraft 3.

I disagree. WCII is really when Warcraft became its own setting and WCIII and early WoW's art-style was an extension of that aesthetic.
You can really see the WH Orc influence here.

Nomi is the true heart of the Burning Legion.

Okay true you start to see the first seeds of it. Warcraft 1 really felt like generic fantasy tho. I do like those Elemental pieces and a few others but you could probably take them out of the setting and use them anywhere else and it would fit in.

Why didn't Illidan's legions of Demon Hunters fight us during the Burning Crusade? Was he holding back? Why don't many of them have grudges against us for killing their leader and leaving them for dead in outland? Why are they suddenly gucchi with the horde and alliance where they forged their own path before? How did so many elves even get to Outland, since Illidan only took a very small contingent of Night Elves (barely any) and Kael'thas took a small expeditionary force that had already been battered down by the scourge, and only one in five survived the trials, AND the dark portal from outland to azeroth was sealed for a while while constantly being watched by both factions..

So how the heck did any DHs survive? With all these parameters, only like

Attached: 1521828285896.jpg (1024x1318, 141K)

Nomi was invited to make barbecue in Teldrassil.
The Burning was an accident.

>an accident
>not his master plan

Someone with shooping skills fix this.

Illidan was using them for hit and run attacks on Legion planets, so he kept them behind, and sent them to Mardum right before people attacked Black Temple. When they came back to report, they found Illidan dead and Maiev over him. Suffice to say, Maiev is quite good at putting demon hunters in crystals.

Also, some Demon Hunters could be self-made like Loramus Thalipedes and Illysana Ravencrest.

And I would like to add that Altruis the Sufferer was rewarded as a traitor should be and was put in the prison like any other Demon Hunter that Maiev got her hands on.

Hm? Oh its a bandit, I'm not sure what its exact name is by his legs look like chicken drumsticks.

This guy?

Attached: Warcraft_I_-_Brigand.jpg (645x599, 56K)

Yes, that's him. Those legs always haunted me.

Best forget about it.
>Lothar was wounded and needed to be extracted from Deadmines
>Griselda Blackhand and Turok the Ogre were killed in Deadmines
Deadmines are some big mines.
>No remains of original Temple of the Damned
>Altars of Storms are in several places
>None of Grom'bolar Temples of the Damned remains
That's just ain't fair.

Attached: Warcraft_I_-_Map_of_Azeroth.jpg (1100x822, 935K)

Because they hadn't been written yet.

Attached: Warcraft_II_-_Map_of_Eastern_Kingdoms.jpg (713x900, 426K)

Attached: Draenor_map.jpg (1240x960, 210K)

Attached: Warcraft_Adventures_-_World_map.png (640x480, 228K)

Was there some story on Balor (southwest)?

All I know/remember that it was under control of Gul'dan's Stormreaver Clan.

Attached: Seven Clans.png (2022x856, 714K)

Making me feel old, I can hear the briefing's intro.
Didn't expect to see this, I've watched what there is of this game. It's strange to see Zul'jin as an effeminate storekeeper, or the orcs living like native americans. It makes Azeroth look so completely different I always wondered if that's why they canceled it.

Attached: Seven Kingdoms.png (2011x858, 606K)

indian reservations*

This is probably my favorite look for the Eastern kingdoms. The current wall map makes it look like a cludgy pile of shit.

If you don't pick Altruis over Kayn, I don't know what's wrong with you. Blind fanaticism is a tool of the Legion, and we must always be willing to question.

pcgamer.com/warcraft-adventures-download/
I played it recently.

Can you give me a quick rundown on it?

>Picking a traitor over someone who, just like you, is loyal to the cause
>Picking Altruis, who would be executed on the spot if any Demon Hunter would find out he's the reason Varedis died and became a member of the Legion, which lead to countless dead among the Illidari
No, user, what is wrong with YOU?

Right now my brain is too empty, as it's 5 am, but it's not particularly hard, is rather fun in its own way, plot is quite interesting, and Shamanistic magic was quite different from what it was changed into.

Also Clancy Brown as Thrall instead of Metzen voicing half an expansion by himself.

>Stromgarde being invaded by Silvermoon and barely alive
>Dalaran abandoning the Alliance during the time it needs the the most
>Alterac still ded
>Lordaeron population probably down to a few thousand and its capital ruined
>Gilneas ruined and now they can't even stay with the Nelfs anymore
>Kul Tiras and Stormwind are the only human nations able to stand on their own, and Stormwind is starting to buckle from a decade of constant war
Where did everything go wrong? Well, aside from Alterac being back-stabbers.

youtube.com/watch?v=RR9mbBo2prc

THE HOOORDE IS PREGNANT JAINA

DAELIN DID NOTHING WRONG

>Ork

We did fight demon hunters. They hang aren't as cool as the ones from Legion, but they do exist, and you can still see them if you go to Black Temple. They're outside the raid though.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Griselda Blackhand exists on Draenor. Since she defected to the humans in the original game, it'd be interesting to see where her allegiance lies this time.

"The cause" is the destruction of the Burning Legion, a goal to which Altruis is perfectly loyal.

>if any Demon Hunter would find out he's the reason Varedis died
Kayn knows.

>tfw kinda wanna resub to unlock Lightforged and void elves
>Would have 2 rep grinds ahead of me
>Also would mean playing WoW again
These threads aren't helping.

Attached: Accepting your death.jpg (1440x1080, 117K)

their lore is shit

play the non-ERP allied races then, they're way easier to grind rep for

The only non ERP race is none of them because they can all be used for ERP

wow is legitimately a bad game, don't bother and just wait for other things

Army of the Light and Argussian Reach aren't anything like hard to grind for. Hell, the weeklies are a bonus 2,000 rep on top of your normal world questing.

The only other games i'm looking forward to right now are darksiders 3 and code vein. Kingodom hearts 3 maybe but that's not coming out till 2056.

Attached: 264.gif (170x196, 919K)

>tfw took up modding Total warhammer 2
>new modding breakthroughs every month because the game's popularity brought actual coders to total war.
its a good time to be a total war fag.

Warhammer 2 is great but the Norsca fuckup has kinda killed my interest in it, I heard Kangz were good though.

I don't really understand your tastes but I guess that's the result of growing up on only PC games and having no consoles.

TWWH1 & 2 are shallow pieces of shit that don't deserve more than 300 hours of gameplay.

Big Rigs is a legitimately bad game. Your idea of "a legitimately bad game" seems to be a 6-7/10.

and grinding in WoW deserves more?
>oh wow, I wonder what sort of fun kinds of RP I will have in Goldshire
>meh, another draenei futa ERP

this post went over my head desu

>and grinding in WoW deserves more?
yeah, definitely during our youths in 2004-2009

The mods are great though. I mean unless you wanted to play as the snowniggers there is really no reason not to give the game a whirl.

Wait they fucked up porting the Norscans to TWWH2? Despite using them as bait to get preorders?

TLDR norsca in TWW1 was complete fucking sphagetti code and it's not coming to TWW2 unti may.
Yep.

Aren't Demon Hunters a literal Warcraft 3 class though. And a night elf "Hero" unit under Illidan?

yeah but in BC the only demon hunters in the Illidari were trainees that got massacred for a quest

It's always felt a little too narrow for me, but its still better than the WoW map (which has unfortunately been solidified in canon)

Just get CK2 and wait for Guardians of Azeroth

As far as the story was concerned, there was only a single demon hunter (Illidan himself). We never see any others. No other demon hunters are mentioned (or even hinted at) during Illidans brief appearance in the base game, nor in the expansion.

You could summon one as a hero unit on a custom/multiplayer map, but those shouldn't be considered canon.

>Betrayed your king.

Alliance confirmed Empire.Long live the Wrynn dynasty.

Attached: retarded.png (285x323, 206K)

>implying non-ERP race isn't used by beta cucks looking for self-confidence in blatant HFY.

Attached: king reee.gif (498x280, 6.06M)

bobby was a better king than Varian.
And played by a better actor too.

>people play nightbourne and HM for HFY
no?

Why shouldn't it be considered canon? By your definition, Maiev is the only warden since no other units in the expansion uses her skin.

They really built a gigantic prison just to house illidan?

And even so, we were talking specifically about nulore, which states now that Illidan had apparently a host of demon hunters. Why weren't they in the burning crusade? And why were we not given some retcons to explain and explore the frustrations of some of the illidari in their ever expansive and treacherous ways. They worked with the naga, kael'thas, even fucking Kil'jaeden. Wouldn't they be a bit peeved to be working with the alliance or horde, considering it offers them no benefit and they both attacked without any questions as to what they were doing? They feel more as minions and sidecharacters then their own faction in their own right. Which they would be.. If we didn't kill them and then beg for their help.

there were other demon hunters in tbc. black temple was full of demon hunter trainees, you also fought one of illidan's failed demon hunters in ssc, leotheras

>and then beg for their help
Nah, they came to us.

FRIENDS, PATRIOTS, GATHER ROUND.

I just this night past had a dorky but preminicious dream in which out of necessity by an overly aggressive alliance invasion of the Barrens, the Razorbacks join the Horde, convinced by Bloodhoof. I couldnt grasp if it was just obviously a splinter tribe or what.
But how likely is it that it could happen????

Attached: 1520670562563.jpg (584x750, 84K)