Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

Spooky Monster Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread: Please keep Age of Sigmar and End Times discussion to their respective generals.

Attached: 4406710d3bf9118802c429739d789ba9.jpg (736x1198, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dyzy2e9a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for oldfag yellow

Attached: 20180315_194110.jpg (3264x2448, 2.35M)

2nd for the greatest of all vampires (and his wife)

Attached: old models.jpg (800x575, 66K)

Vlad is rad

What if a Skaven had a friend?

Attached: rat.jpg (236x339, 12K)

I still don't understand how Gary Morely got as much work as he did. The worst bit is that I've seen some great stuff by him,but for dune reason pretty much all of his fantasy and bloodbowl stuff had these massive, disproportionate arms.

the world would be a happier place

Attached: 1520789543360.jpg (3024x4032, 1.42M)

Such disgusting creatures...

>Krask did not need to kill the human
>Krask feels relieved
>Krask feels warm inside
>Krask feels happy

I've always loved Skaven but it makes me kind of sad sometimes because rats (pet ones at least) are such friendly and social animals. My ex had rats and they helped her depression, they reminded me of little dogs sometimes.

Attached: 1514636017316.png (515x515, 238K)

Man, this takes me back to when I was 5 and I asked my parents to get me two rats for pets. I loved those rats and cried when they both died of pneumonia within a year.

Why do we never talk about beastmen?

Attached: 1473138841695.jpg (1280x908, 505K)

NPCs

>beast
>men

Attached: who calls.png (480x522, 455K)

If you don't think those models are fucking fantastic you're an idiot.

Because they always seem like the race that would inherit the ruins of civilization after the End. They don't seem like major players.

Attached: Mordheim.png (978x620, 777K)

i find beastmen to be truly terrifying

Attached: 526064.jpg (532x650, 88K)

Buzzword or not, they're literally the cucks of the setting. The red headed step child of Chaos.

Does anyone have that copypasta where Kislev trash-talks Archaon and the Chaos Hordes?

My Fucking Nigga

Attached: 20180323_230651.jpg (4656x2620, 5.05M)

Because one tends to not think about things lurking in the dark. The forests and gloom of old hold no fortune or good will for the children of men. We are weak, and shirk away from our nature, hiding just beneath the skin and trappings of civilization...

Because Chaos fags are still angry CA gave them a much better campaign then them.

Attached: download (18).jpg (284x177, 10K)

Because they're furries.

Attached: 1521469806229.png (800x800, 428K)

Where can I find more information on Strigany, Strigos, and Mourkain?

Pretty much anything and everything on Stigany and Strigoi pre-fall

Vampire Counts, Nagash books.

ONE DAY

Attached: blackfire.jpg (598x800, 199K)

Writing a WFRP campaign, found that the entire thing is bound to a theme of 'helplessness'. I asked this in a previous thread, but could you forgive a Chaos Lord if his reason was a really fucked up childhood?

no. There is no excuse to become a sworn enemy to all mankind.

What if his ultimate goal was to 'reset' himself and his personal retinue? To undo their mutations and de-age them.

To become a chaos lord really requires you to forsake your humanity and give in to the ideals of your god.
It seems weird, but that's how the upper tiers of chaos worship work.

it doesn‘t matter what his goals were, once you become a slave to the dark gods your intentions don‘t matter, and all your actions will further their goals wether you want it or not.

That's kind of the thing.The 'thing' in question is an artifact of the Old Ones which can purge him and his allies. Ultimately, he's there to ask the PC, who has hunted him for years, for forgiveness. A slave is a slave is a slave, but can a slave still beg for forgiveness?

Didn't so-called "fancy Skaven" exist in earlier editions? Like Skaven who actually lived on the surface and intermingled with Imperial society?

the only mercy a servant of chaos deserves is death.

He could, and it's your campaign and all, but with the way chaos, and especially higher powered chaos worshipers are presented in the lore, his going to the point of begging would either cost him everything (mindless chaos spawn style), or may (maybe (iffy)) be allowed if he does it with the sole intention of getting a surprise attack on the PC, which I don't think you're going for.

So if you're asking how the setting would handle it by default, probably not.

If you're asking whether it's a fine/workable idea... you do you man, I think if you presented the campaign in such a way and the influence of the dark gods in that similar faction it could work, but it's important to remember that if chaos worship is so dangerous as to be worth purging on sight, it also shouldn't have too many people who can actually be sympathetic among its higher ranks.

No, just in a short story I wrote when I was super drunk.

I can agree to a point, but I feel that even a slave can try to break his chains. The Chaos Gods aren't all powerful, and this champion wants to show that. He felt powerless, but you won't feel any stronger for selling your soul to Chaos.

Attached: 1493493466101.jpg (1200x1716, 223K)

>even a slave can try to break his chains.
Certainly.
I think that among chaos worshippers that is even a common theme, after all how many people want to stay with something they know is evil and wrong once they find out that little hunting ritual or college frat is a front for following the dark gods?
There are quite a few books with examples of people who constantly try to escape having accidentally associated with such things, as chaos has a way of always catching up.
that said, I think the accidental worshipper who tries to escape or the cultist who sees the light are vastly different from the chaos lord or champion who has knowingly and willingly put his soul to the eternal service of a chaos god, as the latter are the ones who choose to forsake all human qualities to bring themselves closer to becoming the personification of that God's will.

Attached: 1493493497607.jpg (1200x1808, 190K)

The difference in my Chaos followers is that they had no other choice. They were weak and wanted to feel strong. They desperately wanted to be powerful. One of which found an artefact that did what he dreamed.

>They desperately wanted to be powerful.
and they became powerful, in exchange for dooming their souls. It doesn‘t matter why one chose to serve the ruinous powers, once you throw in your lot with the Dark Gods, it‘s game over, no turning back.

In my games I keep all of the gods in older fluffs around (Necoho, Solkan, Alluminas, Malal, etc) and in particular I'm really wanting to introduce a "champion" of one of the Renegade Chaos Gods to give the party a different perspective, but I'm not sure how to do it, since I don't want the character to just be a talking encyclopedia.

I feel like Necoho wouldn't want/need a champion, Zuvassin's champion would just be a total prick, and Malal wouldn't just send his champions to talk to nobodies.

Could a powerful Witch Hunter be considered a "champion" of Solkan? Since some Hunters dually worshiped Sigmar and Solkan.

Attached: 145266321.jpg (200x442, 13K)

He became powerful, but ultimately he's still weak. He had to barter his soul to make up for his childhood. The point I'm trying to make is that no matter how strong you get you are still a slave. And this 'Chaos Lord' wants to save himself and his followers because they are beaten, broken and weak followers.

P.S.,

Solkan isn't a Chaos God.

Attached: 1473916166609.png (705x847, 165K)

Sorry, should've clarified my post. I was referring to Solkan separately, but bulked with the oldluff gods.

Indeed, I should also mention that these souls are begging for redemption. Even if they openly worship the Chaos Gods they need something else.

so he got fucked over, a bad childhood is no excuse to back the Ruinous Powers.

Not my posts.
Anyway, not just a bad childhood, a destructive childhood.

user, I think going to the PCs and begging for forgiveness might be too much. It's over-dramatic, confronting the PCs with a supposedly sympathetic figure that they'll likely despise and dislike being confronted with that way. I'd recommend looking at characters like Lort Mortkin and - dare I say it - Archaon. There was also a Chaos Champion who was briefly purified of all his Chaos taint by the Everqueen, could look at that.

But more fitting with the tone of the grimdark world is that if a slave wants forgiveness, he has to earn it. He should just head straight for that artifact, with the information being hazy enough that the PCs might think he's going to destroy the world. If he reaches it, give the PCs a chance to see him and the remnants of his warband give them a warrior's salute before they're turned to dust (or Chaos Spawn if you want to be cruel). Or if he doesn't manage it - if someone else takes it or the PCs destroy it - have him do something unexpected and save the PCs from some sort of Chaos attack or something. He could laugh and tell them that he's freed them to follow their own fate and that he's going to earn his penance in blood before sailing back north to fight Chaos on its own ground.

WFB isn't as concerned with how great your life was, but instead how you chose to die - man or slave. Do something that makes this Chaos lord a man.

Attached: Mortkin.jpg (448x450, 241K)

The whole point is that you he was a damaged person. He wanted to be powerful his entire life, but he couldn't achieve it. Every time he tried to become strong he became weaker. He gave his soul to Chaos and realized too late that he could never be powerful.

That's honestly the basis of my PCs decision. The Chaos Lord was broken and brought down to a very human level. He, and his followers, want to re-start their lives.

I also have a scene written for the climax.

tragic fate, but doesn‘t change anything. Once you‘ve gone down the path of Chaos, you are lost.

I know that, it's why they seek an artifact of the Old Ones in the first place. No matter your past, it will 'reset' you. You can be re-done.

If you're going the Law God route Solkan obviously wouldn't forgive anyone of Chaos, ever, for any reason.

Alluminas and Arianka, maybe, but Arianka would probably demand attonement in battle and Alluminas would give you an LSD trip vision and a spirit quest of such incoherency that you'd turn into Xavier: Renegade Angel anyway.

Come to think of it, and going off of this post, I don't think many gods are known for forgiveness. Not in life, anyway.

Sigmar, Morr, Taal, maybe would forgive a Chaos follower, but of course they'd have to prove themselves.

Shallya I think would be the only one willing to have any mercy.

Ranald would call you a pussy either way.

Manann would text you passive-aggressively.

The Elven Gods, at least the Heavenly ones, wouldn't, especially Asuryan, since he's on Solkan's level of pure Chaos hatred.

Lady of the Lake would call you a traitor.

Dwarfgods would put you in their own books.

Necoho would call you a loser for following a god in the first place, Zuvassin would call you a loser because he can, Malal would call you a pussy unless you go out like a man, and Hashut is Chaos enough that he'd prrobably think of you as a traitor.

Assuming literally ANY of those gods actually care about you enough to notice in the first place.

What I'm basically saying is you can't expect the party to really forgive this Chaos Lord, he has to create his own sort of forgiveness, and in my mind the fitting way to do that is a 'die well' scenario. I think it would be fitting for your theme of hopelessness to have him be forced to die in his attempt, or even not succeed as he's turned into a Chaos spawn and forced to still fight at the behest of the Chaos Gods.

And that's even assuming him and his men wanting to restart their lives is plausible. You'd probably have to cut them off from Chaos taint or something so that they could see clearly, so to speak. Usually the farther down the path of Chaos you go, the more tainted you are and the more you want to follow it - even getting beaten down wouldn't stop someone as tainted as a Chaos Lord.

Attached: Khornate_warriors.jpg (446x450, 234K)

Not EVERY story has to go like that, but it's true that you'd likely be more redeemed in the gods' eyes if you turned against Chaos by, say, slaying a greater daemon and giving your life in the process, as opposed to just repenting.

Finding an Old Ones artifact though is a clever idea. While the gods themselves could purify you, the question again becomes "Why would they?", while an artifact could just be a reset switch.

The whole idea behind an Old One artifact is that it has the power to reset a person, no matter his crimes.

The original use was to tame mutation.

Every word of the gods makes them a traitor, but they wish they could be better. They travelled with the Chaos Gods for centuries but they realize that even a Chaos Lord is a slave.

Sure, it's not as if every single story is about grimdarkness and dying well - sometimes the good guys actually win, or there's even the despair of someone not getting to die honorably. Or there's just a good twist that catches everyone off-guard in some way, or a billion other things depending on the type of story and such. But in that scenario, that's the sort of shit I'd focus on, because otherwise I see it as coming off as hokey or worse, forced by a GM interested in an idea that actually turns off the PCs.

Attached: 1492457092941.jpg (640x1015, 400K)

I feel kinda like you aren't really listening to me and are set on this enough you're gonna try to make this happen anyway no matter what I say, so I'm just gonna hope this works out well.

Attached: 1511996887121.jpg (736x733, 75K)

Perhaps, I just like to think that even a slave can redeem himself if he wants to.

There is every reason to hate the slaves of Chaos, but they may surprise you if you let them.

It's not the idea of a servant of Chaos desiring and attaining redemption - that's not impossible - you just seem real insistent on this idea of doing it and not listening to alternative ideas, which feels rather frustrating when you came into the thread basically asking for feedback on the idea. If you were just going to do it anyway, why even ask me?

Attached: 1485989412659.jpg (548x1402, 212K)

so it‘s a literal deus ex machina

I don‘t think and Old Ones artifact is gonna cut it there, A Chaos Lords soul is literally already owned by the Dark Gods, nothing short of divine intervention can get it back, and I‘m quite sure no god would ever care for some raggedy ass buyers remorse warband of Chaos enough to get their souls back for them.
There is such a thing as too far gone, and being a Chaos Warrior, or Lord, is one of them. Even if your bodily taint of chaos is removed, nothing can remove the taint on the soul.

>Norsca in May, slightly altered with 30th anniversary RoR, and maybe some "we're sorry" content.
>Also new Lord vs Lord pack.

TAKING ALL BETS, WHAT COULD/SHOULD THE LORD PACK BE? WHAT COULD AN APOLAGETIC GESTURE RELATED TO NORSCANS BE?

Attached: Tetto'eko_Lucas_Parolin_skink_starseer_Hombres_Lagarto.jpg (340x604, 41K)

>TAKING ALL BETS, WHAT COULD/SHOULD THE LORD PACK BE?
Allariel vs Hellebron

Lord vs Lord has to be Lokhir vs Alith Anar

I feel like they have to put in Tehenhauin in some capacity at some point, but against whom I don't know, so probably not him.

Maybe the way I said the idea is flawed, but the only way to escape is to 'reset' your entire life. I asked if you could believe it or no.

It may be too much, but it ties in to a Player Character. He, and his followers, want to gain an item that will reset their lives, but it will ultimately come down to a woman who was damaged and battered in the progress.

He just wants to forget his life, his childhood, even if it means hurting others. Essentially he's a frightened child.

You were not there that day. I came home from...from catching frogs by the river. The f-f-fire was so great you could f-f-feel the heat as soon as you saw the light. My mother was beheaded, and my brother...(sob)...I cannot speak of it. The horrors they inflicted upon the poor boy haunt my dreams every night, every time I close my eyes. I only seek to undo it all...would you deny me that single mercy? I beg of you, let me begin again.

I'm hoping it would be Tehenhauin vs Ikit/Throt, but that could easily be the second lord pack instead, if the first one we're getting is Elf-themed.

>Throt and Teh

THE BIGGY SMALLS PACK, I LIKE IT.

Plus Gor-Rok or Chakax as Lizardman FLC lord (bringing both Rats and Lizzies to four LLs each), I forgot to mention.

Does the 'we're sorry' have to relate to Norsca? There's probably something that fans have been complaining about.

>Kroak and Nagash

Thuh tale of thuh scorpion & thuh frog

Myth aside, Nagash is one cool motherfucker.

So Ulric and Ursun are fine? Myrmidia too?
Best gods are best again.

pastebin.com/dyzy2e9a

Starting up franz and death chicken in honor of monster general editon.

Attached: 20180324_015001.jpg (3264x2448, 2.6M)

Back to your thread

>Myrmidia
best girl
Best goddess
None of that trickery bullshit. She just thinks that humans are a pretty neato people and comes down to help them build civilisation and defend it.

Literally big sister tier

Attached: Myrmidia.jpg (800x637, 161K)

I post in both because i love all of you user.

Your are still isn't welcomed here, go back to your MMO-tier thrash

It's like choosing between my two autistic children. One is a history fag and the other is into capeshit.

What are you working on user?

>What are you working on user?
Something which is different from 40k

>It's like choosing between my two autistic children. One is a history fag and the other is into capeshit.
>history = capeshit
The best way to spot AoShitter

I didn't say history was capeshit user.

Fantasy with all of Its references is clearly the history fag system.

>Chaos gods gifts a guy their blessing
>he bails on them and wants to restart his life
>the chaos gods say fuck that and turn him into a spawn
The most realistic solution

>Fantasy with all of Its references is clearly the history fag system.
So it's superior system

Got my hands on two teams of squig heardera and 5 loose squigs. Any nice colour scheme for squigs that isnt all red (even though red goez fastah)?

Isn’t Nurgle the worst god? Imagine being ”blessed” with constant diarreah.

I would say so honestly. AoS is more of a with the bros game but pulling shit off in WHFB is way more satisfying. That's why I keep my shit on squares.

Squigs can work in any colours really, green, blue, yellow.

>Any nice colour scheme for squigs that isnt all red (even though red goez fastah)?
May be albiono or pale?
>That's why I keep my shit on squares.
>2k18
>lying on the internet

Anything I own not on a square base is either my 40k shit or second hand waiting to be rebased.

>Anything I own not on a square base is either my 40k shit or second hand waiting to be rebased.
IYeah sure, that's why you've put models on round bases at first time?

Jeeze, take the stick outta your ass, user.

Attached: 1514426788704.png (890x661, 166K)

>Please keep Age of Sigmar and End Times discussion to their respective generals.
>Jeeze, take the stick outta your ass, user.
Oh look who is talking

The spice must flow

Have you ever like tried not being a fucking nigger? I'm just trying to hang out. I never even posted AoS shit you prob just monitor both the threads like the hyper autist you are. Sad fucking life you must have. Go drink bleach faggot I'm done being polite.

Attached: med_1440436947_image.jpg (640x480, 67K)

I think he just meant your attitude. While the rule is correct, your demeanor is somewhat wanting. But I'm sure you knew that and just want to keep being obstinate about it all.

> There is no excuse to become a sworn enemy to all mankind.
>Implying that the Chaos gods aren't the true gods of man and worshipped by a fair chunk of humanity.