Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Rogal Dorn's Primaris Succ Edition

>Breaking News:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Necron Preview:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/23/preview-the-nephrekh-dynasty-ctan-shards-and-doom-scythesgw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/5zUMMWSfFQU

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Previous Thread:

Attached: Homebrew Primaris Chapters.jpg (480x431, 59K)

first for the boyz

Attached: [Waaagh Intensifies].gif (480x270, 1.28M)

The FW tax in chapter approved was a mistake. Warhounds don't deserve the 2000 point pricetag
>You can't prove me wrong

Fires of Cyraxus.

Attached: Fires-of-Cyraxus1.jpg (1000x1089, 146K)

Despair all ye nations

Attached: nurgles poem.jpg (904x1321, 242K)

the clamps!

can't prove the truth wrong
people afraid of forge world being too OP don't actually play the game or are jealous poorfags who dont want to pay the chinaman either. all the broken shit is from GW's side.

Attached: blood angels 3rd company.png (935x1303, 641K)

Post some stuff you're working on, /40kg/

Here's my WIP/almost finished Salamander Command Tank. The officers in the foreground will be standing in the fighting compartment.
The canopy with the camo netting is not glued in place yet, and I'm not sure if I want to keep it.

Attached: P1020215.jpg (2000x1500, 1.04M)

Do Forgeworld just not like money? Surely the most efficient use of it to get more sales for the lowest quantity of work would be releasing rules for models they already sell.

ELDAR THIGHS AROUND MY NECK!

Attached: 1520049351562.jpg (397x562, 48K)

looks cool but you can make a better canopy bro. Consider painting it or making an off center aquila stencil and making it look like a repurposed tent/tarp thrown over the top.

Also add rivets to the scaffolding holding the tarp up, everything else has rivets, it looks out of place otherwise.

Gonna base these boys today, just picked up some more grit, texture paint and bits and pieces and will experiment shortly.

Attached: TDs.jpg (2016x1140, 1.04M)

>can't rogal the dorn
Nope.

I don't like that Luth is drawing her chubbier

Attached: lelith_hesperax_by_lutherniel-db2vsdn.png (620x877, 126K)

>mfw huge club but everyone is busy during the week and the only person consistently free and up for a match is a literal tranny who my wife despises

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 28K)

Lelith is only for Avitus and some dark eldar boy toys she kills after a week or so because they just can't fill the void

Attached: Fuckin' Magic.jpg (700x1000, 351K)

kek

>Tzeentch get
J-Just as planned!

I'd fill her void

with bolter rounds in the name of the Emperor

Learn to spoiler noob

>implying you'd hit

Attached: lelith_hasperax_wardrobe_malfunction_by_lutherniel-db4c743.jpg (877x620, 69K)

Go back to following an eldar-fucker, gue'la.

Attached: 1521051506841.jpg (1200x675, 89K)

@58700025
{xXspoilerXx}fuck off{xXspoilerXx]
:^)

The girl needs to capture herself virile Mon-keigh shota that will fill her void whenever she feels it aching. Well, either that or house-broken Kroot hound.

Attached: 1521819931213.jpg (500x500, 35K)

Fucking around with the airbrush. How do you like my glow?

Attached: day-glo.jpg (968x725, 85K)

Bam! How bout now?

Attached: night-glo.jpg (542x722, 38K)

If you won a contest where GW would do a fresh new sculpt for any model of your choice, what would you choose?

This guy for me

Attached: 99800102002_FabiusBileNEW_01.jpg (600x620, 41K)

Would I be allowed to use vintage models in a game of eighth edition? If so how far back do you think I could go before someone says it’s too old to use?

Attached: C6EEC6E3-3303-4661-8832-C5D54A25AC94.jpg (800x580, 96K)

Does space marine merch exist in universe?
Like marine plushies or Bjorn foam fingers?

>Glows under blacklight
user stop hot glueing your monster girls

Blood Ravens chapter master Gabe. His forehead is too damn big and the model looks like shit.

Attached: VRAKS.png (1162x850, 39K)

looks like you hot glued it

This project is getting more impressive all the time. Do you have an army for him?

Attached: 1521876469957__01.jpg (249x287, 20K)

10/10 user
now all you need is a LGS with a fuckin blacklight

Attached: casan-sabius.png (709x726, 1.17M)

If they're recognisably the thing you're fielding, there are literally no grounds to complain. If they're counts as, and it's interesting, most people would be excited to see your old models.

Harlequin High Avatar
It'd be nice to have a proper generic "chapter master equivalent, and the army could use more options.

When it start affecting LoS is the usual point but thats nothing a little corkwork cant fix

I'd love that... As long as they are painted and based.

Not my pic but a local game store has some older models for cheap and I figure it’d be a good way to fill out my army

I would do unspeakable things for a modern quality Mk I Thunder Armour sculpt. I wouldn't give a shit if it was resin, I just want one in modern detail and scale.
Would never happen though, so I say Lucius the Eternal. I'm no chaosfag, i just think that model sorely needs an update to fit in with all the other modern chaos champions.

Attached: ThunderWarrior.jpg (920x950, 82K)

Say the next army is xenos, who should it be and how should they play?

>who should it be?
NPCs
>how should they play?
Horribly.

The next army IS xenos. They're adarky aeldari and they like fast hard hitting attacks but they're not hugely defensive

>who should it be and how should they play?
Grots.

>LGS with a black light
lel, enjoy being blinded when Steve waddles in with his SoB

deldar or craftworld on one hand deldar are sick but on the other eldar have all the cool toys like wraiths

Let me rephrase that you dingids, the next NEW army is a xeno, who should it be and how should they play?

Exodites, like a tyranids/craftworlds fusion.

I think you mean gretchin, and no they're not an army unto themselves you worthless crossposter.

What paint did you use? Would love to use that on some powerswords.

Yes

Give me a grot army and I will play it

Attached: 99590103088_GrotTanks01.jpg (920x950, 90K)

Is it even possible to make "shooty" orks work by being aggressive with kombi-skorchas and the few BS3+ units like flash gitz and grots? Or should I pmake up some bullshit excuse as to why I'm using the Space Marine codex instead of the shitty ork rules like how people did in 7th ed?

See

Gits are 4+

Make up a couple of army lists for each one and see if anything really stands out to you.

I run Dark Eldar and love them, but Craftworlds are awesome too and I've almost picked them up multiple times

Attached: 1504705163105.png (900x700, 143K)

>BS3+
What did he mean by this?

Give it a couple weeks until the deldar codex drops, that's what I'm doing
>And constantly eyeing up Gangs of Commorragh

Why does your wife care who you play Warhammer with?

Run lots of Kans and Mek Gun batteries, they hit on +4 and Kans can do work in melee if you need.

Attached: 99120103024_KillaKansNEW01.jpg (600x620, 61K)

I feel like giving Rubrics and Scarab Ocults more weapon options would make them much better for TS-players. Only 3 guns for Rubrics (where you need 10 in a squad for one option) and only power swords as melee weapons for scarabs is kinda weak in my opinion. sadly, since the kits are pretty new, I will have to wait at least 10 years for that.
what do you guys think?

I was thinking BS3 from previous editions, which is now BS4+ so my mistake there

I understood the question.

Attached: PKR027C.Deathwatch-800x1200.jpg (800x1200, 182K)

She's jealous

Because anything remotely female with a pulse is trying to shag me apparently

Something that already exists, like Grots or Kroot getting a full force, failing that fleshing out one of the many Xenos that shows up in the fluff but doesn't see much air time.

As for how they should play, most playstyles are already pretty well covered, so it'd be more important to find a neat core mechanic to build around and give them some identity

My local store is dropping Gangs from the stock list. I'm not saying it's going away from the online store, but...

I just back my army up with 15 lobbas hidden inside buildings

I'd like that rumored kroot codex to actually be a general mercenary codex, maybe be solid all around but having things like one the risk of your enemies bribing them by spending CP

Just have one of its faction traits make them unaligned.

Yeah, that would be my ideal too, throw in other mercs too like Ork Freebootas and Sslyth

This comic from an artist people were posting a few threads back is pretty cool. Love shit showing someone's motivation for becoming a soldier and the rise to their current position, with their acts of heroism and battle scars earned on the way.

But why the fuck that last panel? Throws the whole thing off.

Attached: tumblr_p0finquiWU1rnvp4qo1_1280.png (1280x1077, 619K)

Deff dread for my evil sunz, feet are too slow

Attached: 20180323_165031-1.jpg (2375x2106, 3.07M)

I was thinking maybe they would have a scaling bribe system to match their relations with the various factions like Imperial Guard has to pay x3 their fee if they tried to bribe but Tau/Inquisition could pay the standard fee so that brigade spamming IG cant just pay them off without consequence

Yeah, theres a lot of potential with various upgrade kits and stuff. I mean I dont even play orks but it would definitely make me consider picking up a box to help my dudes out

>loli commissar

Now that's what I call heresy

Rolla skate dread is my new favourite thing

love it

Attached: 1472110152957.jpg (736x548, 62K)

>ywn have a simple easy to please Ogryn GF to purge with
Why even live?

I find Supa-kannonz (not killkannonz, the FW bigger better one) are pretty good. 'ard case, deffrolla, supakannon on a BW is how I do my Looted Russes. ~200 points, can transport 6 models (so usually a mek or two or maybe a minimum tankbusta mob to jump out when they're closer to finish something off) 2d6 S8 ap-2 Dam3 shots on a surprisingly durable frame.

Next I want to add some grot tanks to help "screen" the wagons, and meybe a burny big trakk. Why Battlewagons can't take Skorchas, Deffgunz or Mek Gunz I don't know though. If I could take a KMK instead of the gobshite mess that is the Killkannon I'd do it every time.

Literally what happens in Gaunts Ghosts, except with characters that make sense instead of this tripe for freaks.

wtf is the reading order?

>Necrons only get a deepstrike strat for a specific subfaction
What shite

well, they can't be all wrong, right?

>Necrons only get a deepstrike strat for a specific subfaction
>AdMech only gets a deepstrike strat for a specific subfaction
>Space Marines only get a deepstrike strat for a specific subfaction

I just got him as a birthday present from a friend. He's glorious exactly the way he is. If GW were to remake him I feel like it'd end up like Kharn fiasco.

> DEJA VU

you mean like plenty of other factions?

Just what the fuck are these supposed to be?

they already have lots of ways of deep striking

Posting about this again, since I got only a light response earlier today.
I’ve been asking for advice about expanding my 1500 point Custodes/Inquisitor lead SoS list for the last few days. I’ve narrowed it down to taking some Guard artillery to cover my lack of long ranged or high strength shooting.
I’ve decided on two Heavy Weapons Units (3 lascannons, 3 mortars), a Valkyrie and an Earthshaker Carriage Battery. This leaves me with 100ish points to blow. One helpful user let me know Basilisks are cheaper and better than the ECB, but I’m not a fan of those.

Since I can’t stuff these in my Inquisition detachment (it’s a Vanguard detachment, and I’m looking at adding 3 heavy support units) I need to put them in a Spearhead Detachment. That raises the question, what’s a good cheap HQ?
I’m thinking maybe one or two Primaris Psykers to help buff the Earthshaker in terms of its armour and reduce it’s chance to be hit. I was hoping for something to buff the BS of the ECB, but I don’t know if there’s anything easily accessible in the Guard Dex that does so.
Tangentially related, what would be a good Regimental Doctrine choice for this force?

Attached: imperial-soup.png (512x512, 113K)

I've been using warcolors on my airbrush. The glow was done using daler rowner flourescent green ink to tint the warcolor white underneath

I think if they took some cues from the Dark Eldar Coven range and redesigned Fabius Bile they could make a really top tier model though

Blending CSM stuff with Wrack/Haemonculus parts would look great.

Attached: 960a54f4a96f99471525026fdab55017.jpg (873x627, 90K)

My current list doesnt use him, but i'll find a list to fit him in once he's done.

Here's a bunch of his other friends

Attached: FB_IMG_1521880559103.jpg (1080x893, 123K)

Fucking yes please!

>dat ultra marine

This is a joke right? GW never actually sold something that looks like this, right?

Outer Dark when?

2000 points of fluffy DKoK

Brigade Detachment

HQ
Karis Venner
70 pts

x2 Field Officer
46 pts

Death Rider Commander
Power Sword
42 pts

Troops
x9 Infantry Squad
x9 Vox Caster
495 pts

Elites
Command Squad
Vox Caster, Standard Bearer
33 pts

Command Squad
Vox Caster, Standard Bearer, Plasma Gun, Melta Gun
63 pts

Command Squad
Vox Caster, Standard Bearer, Plasma Gun, Melta Gun
63 pts

Commissar
Power Sword
34 pts

Death Rider Command Squad
68 pts

Quartermaster Cadre
x2 Servitor
48 pts

Fast Attack
x3 Death Rider Squadron
240 pts

Heavy Support
Heavy Weapon Squad
x2 Autocannon, x1 Lascannon
59 pts

Heavy Weapon Squad
59 pts

Heavy Weapon Squad
59 pts

Quad Launcher Battery
x2 Quad Launcher
194 pts

Quad Launcher Battery
x2 Quad Launcher
194 pts

Medusa Carriage Battery
x2 Medusa Carriage
232 pts

Total: 1999 pts

Attached: 4F8DD936-64B8-4A36-8B81-E8614EE75198.gif (240x320, 663K)

what are the common "guidelines" for recast prices?

Fuckn solid